New:)
Hey Guys! I'm new and I was just making sure I'm doing things right. I already updated my profile and read up about the 'Souls website. Any advice on what to do next, or what to change on my profile? Thanks!!
Just off the bat, from what I read, it seemed alright. Though my nitpicking is more about the grammar and spelling and that gibberish than anything else. Be careful what you capitalize, since that can add stress to something unimportant. Also, 'Souls is the name of the site, not really the area[I think, older member confirm/deny please?]. They're in Nova Scotia.

Quote:She has an accute sense of smelling and hearing, and a strong sense of smell, but will here abusaive past ruin her future?

'and a strong sense of smell' is kind of redundant. ^^; I would also try and get her appearance down if you want; it can help you later when you write about her so you don't mix up her description.

Otherwise I think it's fine [but it could use some meat. Don't take that personally, I like bulky profiles because I'm weird Tongue]. Welcome to 'Souls!
Profile looks pretty good! Big Grin Realistic and it makes sense, of course.

'Souls is the name of the site, yes, but some characters have referred to the area as 'Souls, or Bleeding Souls back in the day. It's not entirely correct or incorrect, really--there's no In Character reason why the characters would call the area 'Souls or Bleeding Souls, but there's no real reason why they'd call it Nova Scotia, either, unless a cartography-minded Luperci looked at some old human maps or something. I would venture to say it doesn't reeeeally matter what you call the area in history and so forth, but actually saying In Character "Hi I'm new to 'Souls" would be really weird. XD A character would more likely say "Hi I'm new to the area" or "Hi I'm new to Cour des Miracles" rather than Nova Scotia or 'Souls, I think. :3

As for what to do now... if you feel you've settled out the basic aspects of her appearance and personality, you can work on joining. I would first figure out where you would like to join--you can join as a loner or a pack character. Later on you can always switch if you want to move to a different pack or become a loner or whatever you want to do, that's fine. Big Grin I would look over each of the pack's websites and Wiki pages, and see which one interests you. If your character's not 25% coyote, you can eliminate Inferni. XD If none of them jump out, I would try for loner, to be honest, and later if any of the packs turn out to appeal to you after all, you could always jump in. Big Grin

I feel like I would be rehashing a bunch of stuff I just typed recently, so I am gonna quote myself from this post:

"- You can either join as a lone wolf or a pack wolf. Joining as a loner and picking a pack later is fine if you want, picking a pack and later becoming a loner or switching is also fine. Don't worry that once you've picked a place you're permanently tethered to it; you can always leave your pack and join another one later or become a lone wolf. We discourage rampant switching, but you are allowed to bring your character where you please. Smile

- Our current packs are Inferni, Dahlia de Mai, Phoenix Valley, Crimson Dreams, AniWaya, and Cour des Miracles. Inferni only allows characters 25%+ coyote, though, so we can eliminate that one right off the bat (unless you want to edit the character's profile to make them a coyote hybrid, which is also fine XD). As far as the differences in packs go... well, they're subtle. All of them offer the same basic perks--e.g., pack games where you can earn titles, icons, etc; good leadership; rank opportunities, and so on and so forth. The differences are more or less in each pack's personality.

- You can either join OOC or IC. I recommend most new roleplayers or new players at 'Souls try to join In Character for their first time, since it helps the leaders identify areas where you may not fully understand the game, but of course this is impossible for lone wolves. Tongue The joining form is found on the joining help topic."

I am down to answer any further questions you might have--I have AIM (the sleepy glow), MSN (nakesblood@gmail.com">snakesblood@gmail.com), and YIM (zer0zer0129), or you can keep on posting them here for the rest of us to have at. ^_^ Either way is cooool.

Welcome to 'Souls, hope you enjoy your stay. Big Grin!
I read through your biography, and you might want to consider running it through a spell checker to fix up some grammatical and spelling errors there.

'Souls is indeed located in Nova Scotia, on the southern part of the peninsula. 'Souls refers to the lands in their entirety, as canines don't necessarily know that it is called Nova Scotia. You can see a map of the area here.

If Jaxxine ran away from her family when she was 7 months old, she would have had to be pretty close to 'Souls already. At 7 months, she'd be at about 12 years in human ages (you can see the chart on the Luperci development page of the roleplaying guide! Big Grin ) so a long journey would not be too possible. She wouldn't be able to run with her mother a whole lot as a puppy, so it might be more likely that she and her mother found a safe place to live for a while until Titan caught up with them?

You also mention a desert in her history. The one I can think of is in The United States. This would take quite a bit of travelling.

For example, if they were from the Wah Wah Valley, google maps says it's 5 223 km (3245.421 mi) away from Halifax, Nova Scotia. So if a wolf spends 17 of the 24 hours travelling per day, travelling at 13 kilometres an hour, it can cover 221 kilometres per day, which will take it 23 days. So that might be when Jaxxine and her mother escape Titan the first time and make a long trek to escape him. It could be spread out over different treks, though, it does take time to walk that far, hehe. Smile I hope that makes sense!

As another note, you might want to try expanding on her personality a bit. How does she feel toward parental figures? Figures of authority? What does she like or dislike? Does she have any skills, abilities, strengths or weaknesses? Try to also consider her flaws. What about her might pose a problem in the future? Try thinking about how her history influenced this as well. How did travelling to escape an abusive father affect her? Disengagement and an inability to form lasting bonds with others is a good start, which you mentioned. You also said she's very loyal to a pack. Why? She's spent her life as a loner, so why is she so loyal? Does she desperately want a home where she can fit in?

There's a lot to consider, but you're off to a good start. Sorry if this is a really long post! Sometimes it can be helpful to get a lot of suggestions! So I hope this helped. Big Grin