On a hunt!
[html]

WC: 316

Niro had been out all day, trying to catch some new falcons or even a hawk, but the trap was empty and the first tries he had on his new sling like trap he’d made from the book didn’t work, either he was doing it wrong, or the thing he made wasn’t right. He would get another bird someday, for now he just had the egg of a golden eagle, he patted it down. It was a nice day too, it was chilly but his fur made it feel like it was rather warm. Better than back in his old home where he was nothing but hot. He felt a grumbling in his stomach and figured he’d go hunting. Thinking about his sister he thought it would be good for her to get out and hunt some as well, considering she no longer needed protection from wolves now, it was a good day to hunt, if they missed their first meal, he would try to find a second, well, he would find a second, and he’d kill it. He first made sure that he had a warm place for the egg. He rarely went without the egg since it needed its warmth but he had to leave without it, he left if with Vigilante, asking him to just watch the egg while he was gone, promising his new friend a bite of what they get.

He hurried into the Chien hotel where he was sure to find Orin in her room, he hurried upstairs skipping steps as he ran up them, he stopped in front of Orin’s room an knocked on it, if she decided not to come he was sure to make her come just to get out in the open get her away from these darn books. It was just not good to be stuffed up in a room all day.

<style>
.niro-b02 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.niro-b02 b {color:#FEA300;}
.niro-b02 {background-color:#030400; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010apr/niro2.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 325px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7B8641; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.niro-b02-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
.niro-b02-separator{width:350px; border-bottom:1px dotted #F6BF2E; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC 364

Despite the knocking, despite suspecting it was her brother who was outside her room now waiting for her to come invite him in, Orin did not answer the door. Instead, the room was silent save for a low, monotone humming, and she didn’t shuffle around within the walls. The faint flickering of candlelight beneath her door bore testament to the fact that she was probably still inside, though. It was common for her to light candles even during the day to get that extra bit of light on the pages she read, but it was completely out of her character to leave the candles and lanterns burning if she was not around to tend to them. Risk burning her books to oblivion? Never!

Instead of rushing to the door, she sat on her bed, the covers all disheveled and pillows strewn about the floor in her haste to pursue this new endeavor. There was an old tome open in front of her, the pages yellowed with age and decay, not an uncommon state for her books. On one page was the printed text of the more modern human printing presses, the other was a copy of an illustration. The figure in the illustration was sitting in a contorted way with it’s arms askew and legs crossed, but something strange was happening at the ankles and the feet were pointing up. Orin was doing her best to mimic the pose. Her eyes were shut, and her thumbs were touching her middle fingers.

She crooned softly to herself, but her humming died out when Niro began knocking. Finally, after another few moments of silence and then another knock, she sighed and peeked through one parted eyelid. Her golden eye glanced down at the book and skimmed for how long she was supposed to try to hold this pose, but could not find the instruction. Suddenly, she looked at the picture again, mortified. The pillows that she had shoved off her bed should have been beneath her! The figure was sitting on the floor, on pillows, not on the bed! In a small, defeated voice, she finally called through the door. “Well. . .” Sigh. “Come in.”

<style type="text/css">
.orin-a01 b{font-weight:bold; color:#293412; letter-spacing:1px; }
.orin-a01 p{text-indent:25px; padding:0px 10px 10px 15px; margin:0px;}
.orin-a01{width:400px; background-color:#8F9674; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/orintable.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 255px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3D3F29; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

ooc:

He waited impatiently for her, knocking now and again before she finally told him to come in. He came in and saw Orin on her bed… what the heck?

What the… what are you doi… wait never mind, cme on! We are going hunting!

Niro said, grabbing her arm and pulling on it lightly, she seemed to have been quite preoccupied but he was sure that food was more important than this… whatever it was, … what was she doing? His curiosity was getting the better of him, but if he asked he knew that she would give him an answer he probably wouldn’t understand anyway. He hoped he didn’t have to drag her out of bed. That would just be too much of a pain and he wanted to get out and do something. If he didn’t make her he knew that she would stay here for days on end if she really wanted to.

[/html]
[html]

She yelped when Niro grabbed her arm and began to tug, and her body rocked forward on her awkwardly placed legs. “Wait. . . wait just a second! Okay, I’ll go with, but gimme a minute.” The thought of getting outdoors was tantalizing! No way would she consider saying no to Niro right now, not after how taxing this day of bizarre study had been.

She leaned back as though to get up, her legs twitched but she didn’t move. There was a tingling from her hip, through her knee, and into her feet. She tried right her contorted legs again but to no avail. She looked at her brother, pleadingly. “Um. . . I think I’m stuck.”

<style type="text/css">
.orin-a01{width:400px; background-color:#8F9674; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/orintable.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 255px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3D3F29; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

ooc:

He was happy that she started to get up but when she told him she thought she was stuck his first thought was something had happened to her, then he thought this was a plight to get out of it and stay in her room all day.

Oh no you don’t, no excuses for you today! You’re coming with me whether you like it or not!

He tugged harder on her to make her actually either use her feet or fall to the ground,

[/html]
[html]

OOC The power of the spree!

“AAAIIEEEEE!!” She screamed as she was yanked off the bed and went toppling to the floor in a heap, tail over muzzle, legs tingly and splayed. In an extravagant motion she grabbed her tail and moved it from her face and glared up at her brother. “Thanks, Niro. At least I’m not tangled anymore.”

She twisted and righted herself as the feeling in her legs slowly made it’s way back. “Ow, ow, ow!” She squirmed and complained in discomfort as the innocent tingling feeling began to feel like fire-ants crawling in her fur. She held her arms out to her brother and dramatically (but jokingly) cried, “You broke me!”

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

ooc:

He regretted what he did when he heard her cry, it wasn’t the normal surprised but one of slight pain, and dropped to the floor in a tangled mess. He cringed when she glared up at him and felt bad

Sorry sis, thought you were trying to get out of it!

He helped her untangle herself and get up, when she started crying out in pain, then he felt worse, especially when she said he broke her! What had he done, did he break her legs?

what did I do, do I need to get anyone?

he asked in a panic, his eyes wide hoping he really didn’t break anything, he was only trying to get her up to come with him.

[/html]
[html]

She had only been kidding when she said he broke her, but she was never one to pass up an opportunity. Struggling to her feet with his help, she played the weakling and acted as though it bothered her more than it did. In truth, the pins and needles had gone away and she could probably prance down the stairs without tripping right now. Shaking her head solemnly, she played a mixture of faux courage and injury. “No. . . I don’t think I’ll need a healer. I will be alright, but all this excitement,” she had read this in her books - especially in melodramas or comedic plays - the ladies often acted overworked and overwhelmed by the smallest of incidences. She fanned herself as she continued, “Once I get outside, I will be okay. But,” she pretended to limp forward, then pressed a dramatic hand on her forehead. “The door is so far. . . You go on without me. I will catch up.” She paused for a moment before glancing over her shoulder, and holding out her arms in the universal symbol of, ‘piggyback!’

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

ooc:

Niro blinked as he watched his sister put on a dramatic play from his reaction. He rolled his eyes now seeing that she was putting on a play. He shook his head and laughed when she told him to go without her then held her arms out for a piggy back ride, well he didn’t mind. He’d play along only so long of course. He bend down and grabbed her legs knowing that she would hold onto him and marched down the hallway, accidently, on purpose hitting the banister on their way down the stairs, once they were outside he let her legs go, and sat down knowing she would pull him with her anyway

there you go princess brat, now you are outside, we can now go hunting

He said, pulling her arms off him and standing up.

[/html]
[html]

She clung to his back as he picked her up and without hesitation began to giggle. A good piggy-back ride could lift even the grumpiest troll’s spirits, let alone an already perky and bubbly young woman. Perhaps she and Niro were getting too old for these antics, but she really didn’t care.

She giggled as they went out the door, giggled down the hall, giggled and laughed even louder as they rammed into the banister and it barked her leg, though no real damage was done, and giggled on the way through the main room of the Chien Hotel and out the door. When he was outside and let go of her legs, she wrapped them around his waist so she couldn’t be dropped, clinging on her own, but her plan was foiled when he saw past her trickery and sat down. She stuck her tongue out at him, then climbed off.

“Okaaaay. . . mister serious. So what do you want to hunt today? And are we wolfin’ it, or tryin’ a challenge?” The thought to hunt in her Optime form had never occurred to her before, but suddenly sounded quite interesting. Enough wolves could take down formidable prey in their Lupus forms, could they fell a decent sized deer by ambushing it and wrestling it in their Optime form? Well, with her increasingly talented stealth skills, she could certainly sneak up on it and dodge horns and hooves, but didn’t have the brute strength to wrestle with it long enough for a killing blow. Perhaps Niro could? Well, it was an amusing thought, but she put it to the back of her mind for later.

[/html]
[html]

He grinned triumphant when she was disappointed in him,

I think we’ll be a little wolfish… I don’t have any spears for our hands and I doubt I can wrestle.

He said wriggling his fingers, then the thought of actually doing that started to interest him greatly. He could wrestle, or spear something… if he knew how. Maybe he’ll learn, someone was bound to know that but for now he had his wolf form to hunt well enough for him.

maybe we can find something good.

He said as he hopped off the porch and began walking away from the hotel going slow for Orin to catch up.

<style type="text/css"> .niro-a01 b{font-weight:bold; color:#4B73D8; letter-spacing:1px; } .niro-a01 p{text-indent:25px; padding:0px 10px 10px 15px; margin:0px;} .niro-a01{width:425px; background-color:#BCC7E7; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/nirotable.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 0px 0px 265px 0px; font-family: 'trebuchet ms', sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#3A4A6C; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style> [/html]
[html]

Everything was a race! The moment Niro bounded down the porch stairs, she was prancing at his tail, and soon whipped around him in a jog to reach the gate that protected the Chien Hotel and its inhabitants. When she reached the gate, she tagged it with her hand and bounced, shouting “I win!” as she turned to watch Niro and see if he had taken the race-bait. He didn’t always give into her games. . . only most of the time.

“So what’ll it be?” She rubbed her palms together and licked her lips hungrily. She had actually worked up a good appetite today while she had studied and tried to copy all those strange, contortionist poses. And, as usual, she had also forgotten to eat. “I’ve got it!” She cried triumphantly, holding up a single digit, though there was mischief in her eyes. “Black bear!”

[/html]
[html]

he watched as she trotted past him to the gate and turned expectantly. He kept at a pace much slower than a trot. He smiled

Yep you beat me, just don’t make me regret bringing you along sis!

Niro said as he moved up beside her. When she mentioned black bear for a menu he looked at her incredulously, then imagined her jumping on the back of a black bear and trying to kill it, even he would have a hard time killing one, the thick fur and fat around its neck was enough protection from predators like a wolf.

I was thinking more along the lines of a deer or something, two can easily hunt a dear, if you don’t get too excited.

He said looking at his sister, his eyes telling him to get her giddiness out before they get anywhere near their food. He loved playing with his sister but now it was work time! He wanted to down something good, enough for a good few members of the pack.

<style type="text/css"> .niro-a01 b{font-weight:bold; color:#4B73D8; letter-spacing:1px; } .niro-a01 p{text-indent:25px; padding:0px 10px 10px 15px; margin:0px;} .niro-a01{width:425px; background-color:#BCC7E7; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/nirotable.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 0px 0px 265px 0px; font-family: 'trebuchet ms', sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#3A4A6C; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style> [/html]
[html]

“Ugh, you’re no fun!” she complained when he refused to race with her.

Not getting too excited was something she was completely incapable of right now. Evidence of this fact was quickly displayed as she lost interest in whatever it was he was saying (even though he wasn’t talking for very long) and paced behind Niro. Casually snatching his tail in her hand, but instead of yanking or pulling like she often did when she was too hyped up, or when she was in Lupus form, she began twisting the strands of fur between her fingers. “Hang on, I have to make you all tribal first.” It quickly became obvious that she was braiding his fur. She stared at her project intently, though she grinned like a joker at jest. After all, it would take too long to put that many braids in her brother’s tail, she was just doing this to give him a pain.

“What about boar? Do they have boar here? I’ve always wanted to try it,” she said nonchalantly, as if she wasn’t completely goofing off. “And what do you mean if I don’t get too excited?” She feigned hurt. “I’m the calmest, most level-headed person I know.”

[/html]
[html]

ooc:

Niro pulled his ears back clearly annoyed that his sister didn’t listen to his words, instead she was braiding his hair! He didn’t ask for a sister… he kinda wished he’d had a brother many times in his life, this was one of those times. He swished his tail a few times to pull her hand away, when he saw that her grip was too tight, Niro reached over and slapped her hands away from his tail. When she mentioned boar his ears perked a little, pig did sound good and it would be enough for a few although deer was bigger, he thought for a bit, and looked at his sister
First one we see we can hunt, hws that, and we can bet, I bet we’ll see the deer first

Niro said he watched as talked knowing she was entirely off the wall, maybe it was that piggyback right, he shouldn’t give into his sister like that, she would always take advantage of him. He really hoped that she didn’t spoil the hunt and she would calm down at least a little when they found something.

[/html]
[html]

She pouted when he slapped her hands and turned so she couldn’t snag his tail again, ears tipping back and sad eyes widening, the works. But Niro had seen this expression before, so she soon erased it for her jovial grin. She rubbed her hand over her face, and when she dropped it she was straining to hold a straight face. “Okay okay okay, I’m serious now.” But she couldn’t fake it for long, and just seconds after ‘getting serious’ she began giggling. She tried to reset herself again, but still couldn’t hold back the snickers and the wide grin.

“Come on! Lets just go!” She grabbed Niro’s hand and tugged him out of the wrought-iron gate. “And I bet boar first.” She nodded firmly as she deviated from the traditional path and crouched down, quickly transforming into her Lupus form. She was getting better and better at it each time.

When the transformation was complete, she barked her enthusiasm and stretched out each limb one by one, flexing her paws and feeling the foamy earth beneath her pads. Her tail vehemently swished back and forth as she waited for Niro; despite their bet, she would let him lead.

[/html]
[html]

He couldn’t help but smile at his sister’s pure innocence and inability to be serious, well right now at least, he figured that if he stuck a book in front of her she would stop in no time. He was pulled along, allowing himself to be pulled where Orin wanted before she changed. She was getting much better at it. Unlike her he always practiced and enjoyed his lupine self, so it wasn’t so bad to change for him. Once changed he gave his sister a wolfish smile. He limbered himself out at well and then nipped at his sister’s ear before he ran off into the brush looking for a smell of prey nearby.

[html]

ooc... WC 337

She yipped her excitement and took off after Niro, rushing to catch up to him as their bodies were swallowed up in the foliage. She nipped at his tail but did not tug when she grabbed hold, only hoping to worry him but not really so interested in her games anymore as to ruin his run. As always, she dashed through the thistle with ease, never once catching a paw or tripping over the various flora and debris that spattered the forest floor. She was light on her feet and made little noise even as she dashed. A different kind of smile parted her muzzle and her tongue lolled out of the side of her mouth as she ran, grinning with the thrill of the hunt.

Obediently, she followed her brother, the sudden sprint into the woods had done well to cull her thoughts and stave the giggles she had earlier. As they ran, she eased into a more serious but well-humored mood.

It wasn’t long before the musk of deer prickled her nostrils and she skid to a halt, whipped around, and doubled back. Nose to the ground, she tested the scent. It was trodden and she could discern little about the animal that had crossed here, though she was still a novice when it came to scents and forming conclusions about the animals. She suspected this one was a female, probably an adult and of medium build, but it was very likely she was incorrect. Niro would know better.

Still, after a short survey, she lifted her head and peered in the direction it had gone, broken brambles corroborated her findings; at least she had been able to find the right direction, but it may have been a dead path by now. She glanced around to see if Niro had noticed her distraction and had turned back to come inspect as well, or if he had continued on on another trail. He would be able to tell her if this scent was worth their time.

[/html]
[html]

WC: 327

He loved the feel of his four feet working together to get him through the brush and new grass, it felt good to be on all fours again and vowed that it was a good idea to keep changing every now and again just for a run. He loved as the wind brushed against his face as he trotted across the area. He felt a slight tug behind him and he moved his tail distractedly but knew that it was Orin playing with it again. He hurried on his way until he smelled it. Fresh deer scent, ahaha!! He had won the bet, he turned back finding Orin had already found the scent and was sniffing it, then she looked at him expectantly, and Niro used his trained nose to see if it was a good idea to go after it. It smelled like the deer was in her prime, she probably had young but it didn’t smell like it. She might have been an unlucky one this year, and she would be quite unlucky if she didn’t escape the two hunters.

Niro nodded his acceptance to go after her, she was probably half a mile ahead of them but she seemed to be grazing from the small bits of chewed grass and bark. They would easily catch up to her no problem, when they’d stopped to sniff the deer he’d also found the wind was in their favor although it wasn’t blowing the deer scent to them it certainly wasn’t drifting their scent to it. He hurried along the brush for a while before the trail got fresher and fresher. They were very near now. He lifted his muzzle to the sky making sure he knew where the deer was, he didn’t smell it immediately, the wind was not entirely in their favor still, but it was ok, he saw a movement in the short distance and nodded to Orin. Making sure she saw it too.

<style>
.niro-b02 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.niro-b02 b {color:#FEA300;}
.niro-b02 {background-color:#030400; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010apr/niro2.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 325px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7B8641; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.niro-b02-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
.niro-b02-separator{width:350px; border-bottom:1px dotted #F6BF2E; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

ooc... WC 633

It was amazing how at times the siblings could be a royal pain in each others’ tails yet still manage to work seamlessly as though they had never had a squabble in their life. Orin watched as Niro pranced up to her and the trail that she was inspecting, and eyed him as he scrutinized both the scent and the physical trail the deer had left in her wake. It was strange how solemn and serious Orin’s countenance became as she watched, a peculiar look of concern on her face as she awaited the verdict of the scent they had discovered. When Niro nodded, she bristled and perked up, smiling but resisting the urge to bark. She did not have the same sense Niro did in these matters, and did not know how far away their quarry was.

It only took one step from Niro and the pair was off again in a streak of ivory and slate fur, leaping felled logs and dodging saplings in their pursuit of their prey. Although she could, and often did, teasingly prance ahead of Niro, the thrill of the hunt had overcome her and, as Niro had hoped, her urge to play submit to their pursuit of game.

They wasted little time in closing the gap between themselves and the doe, moving with unspoken fluidity throughout the woods. Of course, they could have conversed if they wanted to, but hunting was a throwback to their most primal instincts, and not even a novice huntress like Orin required spoken word to participate in the hunt. It was all down to body language, now.

The deer musk intensified as they neared where the doe now grazed. It was no wonder the unfortunate creature wandered here, there was a spackling of berry-bushes growing throughout the trees, in every spot that the canopy broke and let the sunlight radiate through. Her brother dropped back and she took the cue and slowed to a trot at his side, and soon her paws were still. Thrusting her nose in the air, she sniffed the lazy breeze and got a muzzle-full of deer-scent, and her hackles bristled in anticipation.

There had been a brief moment when they were running that she considered deviating from the path in search of boar, just so she would win the pick of what they ate, suspecting Niro would follow her. But she had known how anxious he was for this hunt, as well as to try and fell a larger game animal. If they couldn’t do this, then she would probably try to lead him to the boar. . . if she could find one. For now, she was steady in her position to do what he wanted.

She narrowed her eyes and spied the smooth mahogany rump of the doe. Glancing to Niro, she nodded once; she saw it. She needed no clarification on their strategy - it was obvious; Orin was the stealthier sibling, though Niro was no sham himself, and Niro had more killing power. Crouching, she stalked off in a wide and nearly silent arch around the hind’s grazing grounds.

The berry bushels provided a good wall for her to creep through and remain out of the deer’s sightline, despite the shock of pink-dyed fur at the back of her neck and tail. She moved purposefully and with ease until she was at the opposite side of the deer. Waiting a moment to ensure Niro was in position; she risked a glance from their quarry and could see a streak of gray slip behind a thicket. On that mark, she lunged forward, an alien growl, more ferocious than it seemed the innocent girl could make, rumbling deep within the little white wolf’s chest as she drove the doe towards her brother’s waiting jaws.

[/html]