Searching for a Soul
Tannin walked through the woods, disrupting the life that was around him. He grabbed a hold of a branch and snapped it from the tree, amused by it's fragility. "Pathetic thing, can't even defend itself from harm, how have these damned things survived this long is beyond me." he said scoffing.

He came upon a raccoon and stopped, his stomach growling, his lips pulled back into a snarl, he leaped forward to get the raccoon between his hand. Success! The raccoon squirmed desperately to escape, but Tannin only gripped it harder, enjoying every moment of the poor creature's struggle for survival.

He let out a growl and put his mouth to the raccoon's neck, clamping down with a snap. The warm taste of blood filled his mouth, it tasted amazing to him, something he never got tired of tasting. The creature let out one final lash, finally stopping, dead, lifeless. Tannin continued with his meal, ripping the meat from the bone, sinew and everything. The blood poured down his jaw as he threw the fur aside.

After he had finally finished, he wiped his mouth with the back of his hand. He let out a belch and walked over to a pool of water, bending over to take a drink and wash away the blood. The metallic taste faded away as he lapped up the cool water. He splashed some into his face, the blood washing away with the splash of water.
Ooc: Hope you don't mind Tongue

She was just coming from Halifax with a something she thought maybe Domonick would like. It was hard to get away without running into, but she had no complaints, she loved being around the handsome male. She managed to find a cute store with some are that pertained to nature and thought maybe a picture would be nice for him to have in his home. Though...she didn't know exactly where he lived, or attempted to find it. Hopefully, he has a wall to put it on... She was almost starting to regret grabbing it, maybe it was stupid..She let out a sigh feeling rather dumb now, but she wasn't going to take it back, she would just take it home and put it on her wall. Domonick wasn't the only reason she went to Halifax, she also wanted to pick up the spiked collar she found a month back. It was cool and somehow she managed to leave it behind.

Coming along the way she walked through Aracheas Revenge. She remembered a water source and was getting quite thirsty. Walking almost aimlessly, she finally found it, but also stumbled upon another. He looked beat up to say the least, and his eyes. They caught her attention and for a moment she just stared at him. She was in her Optime form, which was becoming more and more of an occurrence as she was feeling better about herself, and feeling safe again. Right now, she wasn't sure she was safe, and was about to down shift...but what if she didn't have time. Paranoid thoughts were running rapidly through her mind. She tried to calm herself and managed to make a meek, "...hello..." to the stranger who was nearly across the water from her.
OOC: XP of course I don't mind!

Tannin lapped up some more water, letting it drip down his muzzle. He coughed and he licked his nose, getting off the excess liquid. He looked up to see someone else, he hadn't seen someone in a good while, not to mention a female, a smile formed across his face. "Be nice at first." ran through his head, not wanting to risk anything bad at the moment, so he simply smiled back and waved to her, standing up. "Hello, are you traveling as well?"

He didn't want to scare her off, so he stayed on the opposite side of her. His tail twitched back and forth slightly. The wind blew, rustling his furs, causing his ears to twitch. He scratched his head and chuckled, "If you aren't, is there a pack around here?" He had been waiting to find someone to ask this to for awhile, hoping that someone would finally say something about it, but so far he had never been given the chance to find out. "I've been looking for someone, hoping he has passed through here."
She smiled, at the moment he seemed fairly harmless. Her naivety knew no bounds. "Uh, no not actually. I went to the city of Halifax and got some stuff. Something for my friend..." her words trailed off, she felt more for Domonick than friendship, and she blushed as she acknowledged this in her head. Realizing what she was doing she stumbled over her words, "Uh, well-I mean, I went to the city to pick up an item I forgot there, then got this for my friend.." She lifted up the nature painting. It was of a beautiful scenic of mountains with deer drinking from a stream. Her tail wags at his question, "There are several packs actually...I am from Phoenix Valley...but I heard of a few...ummm, what were their names?" Her finger went to her nose as she tapped it, "I think one is inferni, another is something dreams...and another is, uh. Oh, hell, I don't know, there are a lot-oh! Aniway? That was another.." She smiles brightly to the stranger.

She let out a small sigh of pleasure, "So...are you not from around here?" her question was small and innocent, "I know I am not from around here, I actually come from Europe...born in Greece then traveled about from there!" Her eyes looked beaming with good nature and humor, "My names Adonia, by the way, Adonia Demos.." She bowed her head kindly, she would shake his hand, but he was far away. It seemed comfortable right now, anyway, plus she was kind of anxious to see Domonick. I haven't been away a whole day and I miss him...geez! Her eyes looked back up after they drifted to the rippling water, "Oh? Who are you looking for? Was he a good friend?"
Tannin smirked as she listed the names of the tribes, he didn't think one would be close, maybe he would be close. "A friend huh," he caught a sense of emotion in her voice, "Or something more than that?" his nosy attitude showing itself. He chuckled, "No, I'm not. I'm from a long ways away. I've been traveling for awhile, working my way up to here. I'm from down south." He thought about his traveling up to this point, he never rested for long, just enough time to rest his legs and continued walking the next day.

"Nice to meet you Adonia, my name is Tannin Clearspring." he rubbed his mangled ear, scratching it. He let out a scoff under his breath, Ha, a friend? I'm sure he still thinks that, and I should let him for awhile I suppose. "Yeah, a friend of mine. I haven't seen him in awhile, been lookin for him, he left awhile ago. His name is Domonick, he doesn't have a last name, at least not one he ever talked about. Perhaps you've seen him, he's lanky, last time I saw him, he had a messed up paw, well I think it was, all I saw was the bleeding." he stopped talking, not wanting to go to far into detail.
She smiled, then he asked if her and Domonick were more than that. Her cheeks went bright red, "Oh! No-no! Just friends" She felt choked up and flushed from being so nervous and shy about showing her admiration for the dark brown male. In trying to conceal her emotions she was making it obvious she cared a lot about him. When the subject was changed she was glad to relax. "Cool, I heard it is not much different from here, warmer though.." Her tail wagged lightly amused with him. He seemed like a nice enough guy, so she relaxed more, then realized she was really thirsty. Bowing down to the water she cupped it in her hands, "Tannin, that is a very nice name.." She proceeded to drink.

When Domonick's name was brought up she almost choked on the water. Could it be the same one? Her wide eyes looked up at him, he mentioned a hurt paw. There would be no way it was a coincidence. "Dark fur, almost black its so dark brown...?" She asked her bi-colored eyes look up to the male before going into a seated position. She was almost unsure about the situation, but if he said he was a good friend of his, why wouldn't she take him to see his friend? She smiled, "I believe I know just who you are talking about...he is in the same pack as I am." She didn't want to say more, already the male suspected she had a crush on Domonick, she didn't want him to reveal that to him, if they did end up meeting together. Reunited friend! How exciting!
"It is a pretty nice place there." he thought about the pack, he didn't miss it too much, his mind focused on something different, too distracted to need to worry about something as trivial as missing friends. "Thank you, I was named after my grandfather."

Noticing her reaction to him mentioning his name and the description she gave, it couldn't be..are the chances really that much on his side? Was he really this close to that bastard of a wolf? "Yes, that sounds like him, he joined a pack huh? Do you know where he came from?" he pestered with the questions, wanting to know if it was truly the person he was looking for. If it was, he did not want this to slip through his grip. He let out a small growl, thinking about the dark wolf. He made a fist, his claws unsheathing, cutting into his palm slightly. He relaxed, a small amount of blood trickling down his fingers, he bent down to wash his hands. "Also, do you know why this guy was walking around without a pack?"
Her eyes look back at him curious after he said it sounded like the Domonick he looked for then why did he get so tense. Two thoughts ran through her mind, either he was really mad at him, or he really missed him. She was leaning to being mad, especially after the stream of questions came, "Uh...you're bleeding.." She had to say at first. Then focused on his questions, "They don't really ask when you join, I mean...I don't recall are alpha asking me.." She thought for a moment, "I don't know where Domonick came from, I just...I kinda know what happened to his paw..." She laughs lightly as she thought about the last question, "Why was I without a pack? I mean...sometimes you never were in one, and other times...well a pack no longer wants you..our pack is full of hopes, sometimes we need a second chance." Her eyes sparkle with happiness to her words. Yeah, they may have been corny, but sometimes the truth is corny! "Would you like me to -" She stopped for a moment...would Jefferson be okay with her bringing him? She had to think for a moment. "I can get Domonick for you? Maybe then you can confirm it...I mean, we can't be 100% sure we are talking about the same Domonicks.."
He laughed, "Yeah, it's nothing, just a little cut." he stared at the water, the bleeding stopping slightly after washing it. He slapped the water, sending ripples through the surface of the water. He gave a chuckle, a bit of his gruff attitude in his voice, "Did you know, well if we are talking about the same one, then he had a pack. He came from one. I've been needing to find him, to talk about what happened. And that paw of his, I know the story behind it, but," he gave a small pause, smiling to himself,"I'm sure he has already told you about how he got that scar." On the inside, he was laughing hysterically, the thought of seeing Domonick running away with that bleeding paw, the red blood dripping, it made his mouth water. His ears flicked at her statement, Seeing him right now...might not be the greatest idea, I mean it would be too much to see an old friend who miss so much, then just seeing them, maybe one day soon though." he didn't want to rush his plans, if he did, the fire may never be put out, something that he did not want to happen.
Adonia nodded, still, even if it was a just scratch, any bleeding wound made her a little uncomfortable. Her eyes look back to Tannin and listen to what he had to say. She didn't quite understand, but she would not question it, "Okay..if that is what you wish. " Her eyes looked down to the belongings she had to take back to the pack, plus it was getting a little late. She wanted to go see Domonick, she missed him...plus she had a few questions. Her curiosity was too much. "Well...it was nice to meet you! Hopefully, your excitement will calm and you get to meet with your friend once more...on good terms I hope.." She added a little nervous. She still didn't know exactly what to make of him. He seemed like he was on good terms with her-erm with Domonick, but she could not confirm this. Picking up her stuff she went to leave, "Well, I must be off..see ya'!" She smiles kindly.
Tannin let a smile cross his face, it was strange to smile to something that he wasn't about to kill, a fake smile, he only seemed to smile when he was on the verge of killing something. "Yes, yes I do too, I have a feeling it will be soon." he added under his breath, "Hopefully very soon." He waved goodbye as she walked away, a smile still on his face.

When she was out of eye sight, he slammed his foot into the ground, his mouth clenched into a snarl. That damn bastard his here! He is right here, I have the chance to end this now, but I can't, I have to wait a bit. If I go to early, things will happen too fast, gotta take it slow. His snarl seemed to fade as he stared at the water, hoping that he would be able to visit this place soon.
Aislinn trotted through the long grass, past a short bank of trees. She could smell water ahead and she licked her lips thirstily. Her back leg was still a little sore from her journey the week before but, thanks to Conor, it had healed nicely and she was now able to put most of her weight onto it. She followed the smell of water, even though she couldn't see the pool and eventually passed into the trees. As soon as the shade of the trees fell upon her, Aislinn smelt blood on the wind. She stopped where she was, a slight wind ruffling through her fur and bringing more of the smell towards her. She analysed it and realised that it wasn't wolf blood, although she wasn't sure what it was. She continued forwards but more slowly now as she didn't want to burst in on anything sinister.
Tannin stooped down and washed his palm, rinsing the blood away. "Bastard, bastard, bastard. He ran away, a coward and yet he has friends here? How?! How can he have friends now, a new life?!" His scarred ear twitched, hearing something or someone in the distance. He looked up, a slight snarl on his face. He shook his head, getting rid of the snarl. He didn't want to cause any bad reactions to anyone, not if he wanted to get into the good side of others around here. He stood up straight and looked into the forest, seeing if anyone was there, waiting.
Aislinn continued onwards, her ears pointing in front of her as she heard noises up ahead. The blue fur on her back prickled as she heard a voice up ahead and she flinched as she heard the nasty tone. Aislinn was a wary type of wolf and the last thing that she wanted to do was walk into a fight or confrontation and the tension was causing her mind to become clouded by scenarios. She placed each paw carefully into the bracken, taking care not to cause too much noise and moved forwards out of the trees. Her eyes adjusted to the new light and a shining blue pool came into view; light dancing off it's rippled surface. Aislinn moved her gaze to the cause of the ripples and spotted the male instantly. She didn't say anything, however, and she remained where she was.
Tannin put on a fake smile as he saw someone come into view, There must be several packs around here, I gotta keep things smooth, or else I'm gonna get myself into a situation that will be...fun. He chuckled at the thought of having to fight, the blood that could be spilled. It was enough to send a shiver of pleasure down his spine, he loved every minute of it.

He stood up straight, keeping the smile on his face. He waved at the other being, "Hello, nice day out today isn't it?" he tried to keep a nice tone in his attitude, not wanting to cause any alarm. My name is Tannin, Tannin Clearspring." he knelt down again, playing with the water, acting as nice and, well trying to be "normal". "I love the water, it's refreshing on a hot day."
Aislinn crept forwards, allowing herself to exit completely from the woods. She could still smell blood but the stranger's voice sounded friendly and welcoming, so she allowed herself to reach the water's edge on the other side of the pool. She smiled back at him, not wanting to be rude, "Yes. It's a lovely day." She lowered her head and lapped at the water, watching the ripples extend from her tongue to the other side of the shimmering surface. Once she had sufficiently quenched her thirst, she lifted her head and spoke, "My name is Aislinn. Pleased to meet you." She moved back from the water and sat down, holding her head high and watching the newcomer with curiosity. She certainly hadn't smelt his scent before. "Do you come here often? I haven't seen you around."
Tannin kept the fake smile plastered on his face, "Pleased to meet you as well Aislinn." In response to her question, he kept back a sneer, "No, I don't come here that much." he chuckled, "Actually, I don't come here at all. I'm not from around here. I'm from, down south, way, way down south. I'm here looking for a nice break. I know, all the way up here, but hey, I got carried away and lost track of time. he chuckled and smiled, keeping up his nice demeanor. He bent down and cupped some water in his hands, splashing it over his face, sighing.
Aislinn licked her maw to collect the spare drops of moisture that were hidden in her blue-tinted fur. She nodded and smiled at Tannin as he spoke, trying to appear as polite as possible, even though she was a little wary of this stranger. She had to admit, though, he was a curious thing, wandering about from place to place. Perhaps he didn't even have a home? This thought made her wonder, "Do your pack allow you to roam so far from their territory?" She asked this hesitantly as she half expected the answer to come back being as weird and wonderful as this male seemed to be.
OOC: I really hope I figured out this Account Linking thing >.>

Tannin smiled, and thought carefully on how to choose his words. If he said something wrong, or used a word that seemed strange, he could give his intentions away, well maybe not the intentions, but she might be able to figure out he wasn't here for the reasons he claimed.

"My pack is no more, at least from what I know. When I left they were in shambles, my father was the leader, but he was in poor health, I left to get away, which may have been a poor decision on my part, it may have been the last time I had seen him alive." he let out a fake sigh and sat down by the water, playing with it with his paw. "I've heard rumors that someone from the pack was up here, an old friend of mine, someone told me that he was living in Phoenix Valley, just found that out recently, I've been wanting to catch up with him, to....tell let him know the past wants to say hi." He continued to play with the water, watching the ripples form and scatter across the surface. His scarred ear twitched as a breeze blew by, ruffling his fur.
Aislinn listened to his reply carefully and lowered her ears at the sound of his sad past. He almost reminded of herself, running away from an unpleasant past but perhaps regretting that decision. She nodded thoughtfully and replied as politely as she could, "I'm sorry to hear that. It sounds like you've had a hard time." She picked up her paw and absent mindedly licked at her claws as she pondered Tannin's situation. It seemed strange that his friend had to be tracked down like he was some sort of prey... "So who is your friend? And why make such a long journey for them?"