over my head.
[html]

Name: Tay.
Character Name: Weilund Oriel
How did you find 'Souls?: Once upon a time Sie threatened to kill me if I didn't join.
Email: whatsalittlevertigo@hotmail.com
MSN: Same

-------

another ghost to follow
it's the hardest pill to swallow.

He'd come a long way and had no idea if he had much further to go. There really was no way for him to be sure. Weilund could detect the thickening scents of others the further he moved along, but how was he supposed to know if those scents belonged to the ones he was searching for? Before he died, the only hint his brother could offer was to look for a tree house – and if Weilund had to guess, he'd bet his money that the thing wouldn't be right on any borderlands. So that's all he had going for him – a pack name, a landmark and the name of a beloved left behind. Kol. Though he didn't know her, the massive male felt a deep ache within his chest when he thought of his sister in law and the news he would have to deliver upon arriving. This pain was fairly sharp, but nothing compared to the deep wound that throbbed whenever he thought of Eli. He tried not to think of his brother if he could help it, but it was like trying not to think of destruction while gazing into the crater of a fallen meteor. His brother was in every breath and thought he made. They hadn't been close for very long – a close relationship torn asunder by tragedy and death brought on by something none of the Jasper Valley wolves had expected.

The tawny male slowed his pace, giant paws picking their way across the terrain. He would pause here and there, stopping to investigate any trees that came across his path. When the scents became more concentrated and less varied, he figured he was close to the borders of some pack. If he was lucky, whoever he ran into would be able to point him in the right direction.

Inspired by the thought that perhaps his journey was close to being finished, Weilund's paws spurred him forward and he managed to push all thoughts of back home from the forefront of his mind.

The steady footfalls finally came to a halt about a half an hour or so later, shuffling forward through the bracken a little further before he settled himself on his haunches. The pack that had been slung over his back slid off and onto the right, landing with a heavy thump. This distracted him for a moment as he thought of what lay within the bag – all the possessions Elliot had passed on to him, but before long the male was able to pull his attention back to the task at hand. Which of course was waiting. Waiting and trying very, very hard not to think.

[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.conorrain b {font-weight:bold; color:#e2ff7d; letter-spacing:1px; }
.conorooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.conorrain p {padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.conorrain {width:400px;border:1px solid #455d11;background-image:url(http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/libri/Rain.png);background-position:bottom center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-bottom:50px;background-color:#b2c337;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:Verdana, sans-serif;font-size:10px;line-height:12px;color:#d0e55a;}
</style>

YAYATAYFACE

It was strange how he had managed to show up at the right places these last days. His nose had loomed mere inches over the ground as he followed the trail of a rabbit, but the trail brought him to something larger than that of a rabbit. The young male had not realized that he had come to the borders, but maybe he ought to stay by the borders. His eyes lifted and took in the form of the large wolf. The yearling’s pace drew to a halt and for once his smile did not automatically come on his display. Those he had encountered earlier this week were two females—but now it occurred to him that not every lone wolf necessarily had good intentions.

Confused about his own odd trail of thoughts, the male gave the stranger a court nod, waving a partly erect tail from side to side. ”Hello, can I help you with anything?” He wondered why such negative thoughts had risen within him just now. Was it because the fellow was larger and reminded him of the fact that there sometimes could be threats waiting for the pack outside the safe pack lands? There was nothing hostile about the other’s form, and the young leader felt a bit bad for ever considering something else.

[/html]
[html]

LIIBRRIIIFACE. <3333!
I'm sorry this is so scattered all over the place. I haven't RPed in like....a little under a year, it's kind of sad!
By the way, I want your table. -noms it-

Weilund didn't know exactly how long he sat there, whether it was just for a few minutes or several hours, he couldn't be sure. The last few months had given him the chance to become very proficient at tuning everything out. He found he was able to pass chunks of time in a state of semi-awareness and always 'awoke' feeling as though he were suffering from the side effects of aftershock. Maybe he was. In any case, he barely moved while waiting, breaking the spell only to shrug the pack completely off his back. He pushed it aside almost roughly, keeping his gaze elsewhere. Weilund couldn't believe how difficult it was for him to aim his stare away. It seemed determined to return to the seemingly unoffensive object. The items within certainly weren't malicious, he had to concede. The memories that came along with them – those were capable of inflicting pain. A large part of him wanted to toss the whole lot of them right into the ocean but he knew that to do so would hurt him more than keeping them. And painful memories aside, almost every possession was useful: a great variety of tools, medical supplies and many books. All of which were in impeccable condition; Eli always took great care of his belongings. He was constantly cleaning, fixing and sharpening them. Weilund winced at this memory, flinching away from the key word: was. Past tense, all over with.

The massive wolf's thoughts would have continued to spiral painfully if not for a very welcome interruption. Conor's scent alerted Weilund a shortly before he arrived on scene himself, so Weilund was able to properly prepare himself. He automatically bowed his head, lowering to a respectful height and the rest of his body followed suit. He kept his eyes on the ground until the alpha spoke before making eye contact. And even then his gaze was full of respect, slightly apologetic for disturbing the leader: nothing near the glare he had directed to the stupid pack moments before.
Weilund waited a few seconds before replying, trying to organize his thoughts. He wasn't sure if this was Dahlia de Mai and he definitely didn't know whether this stranger would know who Kol or Elliot were. He was desperate for his journey to be over, task completed but at the same time his stomach shifted uneasily as he thought of the message he was here to deliver. It wasn't if he was going to go home without trying, though. With a sharp pang, Weilund realized that he wasn't sure that he wanted to go back to Jasper Valley at all. He struggled for a few more seconds to control this new revelation. The conflict in his eyes would show Conor that his silence wasn't insolence, but Weilund forced himself to speak anyway.

I sure hope you can, sir. My name is Weilund Oriel and I'm looking for a pack called Dahlia de Mai? I'm here to deliver some news to Kol Stormbringer. A pregnant pause, a twist of pain contorting his features for a few seconds. It's about her mate Elliot Oriel, my uh- my brother. Never had six syllables been so painful to speak out loud, but saying his brother's name send a throb of pain through his chest. It didn't matter how many times he spoke it and he was never completely prepared for the repercussions: it felt as if his lungs had been torn out of place, almost always leaving him gasping from the sense of loss. He managed to keep the turmoil inside and felt a hollow sense of accomplishment for the control. Now all he had to do was get through the rest of the conversation. And after that? He had no idea.

[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.conorooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.conorrain {width:400px;border:1px solid #455d11;background-image:url(http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/libri/Rain.png);background-position:bottom center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-bottom:50px;background-color:#b2c337;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:Verdana, sans-serif;font-size:10px;line-height:12px;color:#d0e55a;}
</style>

Shush! It was lovely Big Grin Sorry about the length of my posts q_q

The young male recognized the surname brushing through his ear, but he was sorry to realize that the male Elliot Oriel existed only as a dim, faceless canine he had seen occasionally in the past. He knew that Kol and Elliot had been a pair, according what Alexey had told him once when he had expressed curiosity about her former best friend. The golden man’s calm eyes had blasted away the thoughts that had haunted him the short moments earlier. Cruelty was very apparent in this world, but the evil that had stalked around and about Dahlia had been reeling in on Haku. Now with the crazed Rosen gone, he found the strangers quiet and sanguine..

I’m Conor and this it Dahlia de Mai,” Lavender orbs held sorrow though, because Kol Stormbringer was no longer here. ”Unfortunately I have sad news to bring you. Kol lost her life in a recent war.” At least this was what the gold and cinnamon coated leader believed. This was the end that so many of Dahlia’s members had met. To function well in his everyday life, Conor pushed the losses he had experienced over the months away from his conscious mind. Now he was staring at the dead faces that had given up their life for nothing and he could feel the cold breath of death as he had back then. He hoped this fellow had not journeyed far to get here.

[/html]
[html]

OH WE'LL SEE WHAT'S LOVELY.
And pshft on YOU for worrying about your post lengths. Size isn't everything, you know. Wink

It occurred to Weilund belatedly that apparently one dose of bad news wasn't enough for the year. Evidently there was no such thing as an overdose, even if he was convinced that the initial amount was enough to kill him in the first place As soon as Conor's apologetic words reached his ears, another brick settled itself heavily into the pit of his stomach. Weilund's mouth popped open in a small 'o' of sickened surprise and several minutes passed before he was able to collect himself. Oh. Even when he was able to speak, it wasn't much. The male was reeling on the inside. If he had been fighting to keep a hold of himself before, it was nothing compared to the struggle now – Weilund's outer calm was completely transparent. He took a deep, shuddering breath.

He'd never met Kol in person, but the young male felt as if he had known her all his life. And in a way, he did. His brother barely talked of anyone else. Their separation had been heartbreaking for Elliot and a day didn't go by that his sibling didn't speak of reuniting with her. She was all he talked about: her likes, dislikes, the things he did that guaranteed one of her beautiful smiles, the things he did (quite frequently) that would encourage her looks of exasperation. Weilund would listen raptly to all the stories Eli told him, deeply moved by the way his voice would be completely saturated with love every time he spoke of his mate. It's like nothing you've ever felt before, Eilu. When it happens to you, it'll be the greatest experience in your life. Weilund would nod fervently, believing every word and dreaming of the day when he, too would find that special someone. Even as a young pup, he knew love like that lasted forever. Well, it was supposed to. But what happened now? They were both dead and their love story was done and over with, ending in the middle of a chapter. How was that fair?

It took Weilund several moments of silence before he was capable of speaking again. Is....I'm sorry, is there anyone left..behind? A family member or something? I'm...I'm supposed to tell someone. His ears lay flat against his head, no longer lowered in respect but pinned in devastation. When he finished his fragmented sentences, the male's voice cracked several times- I came here to tell...to tell Kol that Elliot is gone too. -before lapsing into silence once more. Did it even matter if he told anyone now? The one person he was supposed to tell couldn't hear him anymore. Weilund hadn't realized just how much he had been counting on seeing his brother's mate. To be able to see Elliot's stories and memories come to life, to meet the one his hero loved best in the world. She would have taken care of him, he had known. She would have been able to show him what he was supposed to do next. He would have felt a little better because being with Kol would have been a little like seeing Elliot again. They would have helped each other through it all. Now who was going to help him? He was lost. I don't know what to do any more. His last admission came out in a cry of complete defeat and the massive beast was unable to keep himself up any longer.

[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
</style>

pffudfjs Big Grin 500+

Light caramel ears brushed against the soft fur by the top of his neck as he awaited the male’s reaction. It was not at all hard to see how much of a surprise this was, and though the alpha’s lavender orbs did not water, there was an immerse amount of sorrow and loss drifting within the soft hue. He had not known the black woman particularly well, but he knew that she had been a good person and a friend to those she surrounded herself with. Every life lost to a pair of fangs or licking flames was a horrible tragedy. His eyes fled the large form of the trespasser and closed, allowing him to cope with the news about Kol Stormbringer as best he could. Conor knew tragedy well and knew that silence was the best way to digest grave news.

The gentle, white melody of nature had filled the golden male’s audits for a few long moments before the large male’s voice again sounded and the Dahlian opened his eyes. Bris Stormbringer was still alive and well, though the golden leader knew that her insides were shattered because of what had happened. It became difficult to park his eyes on the brute’s face. There was guilt. Conor partly blamed himself for all the terrible things that had happened. Had he only acted sooner, been stronger… ”Bris Stormbringer lives here. She is Kol’s sister,” he started off, not entirely sure exactly how the two women had been related. The family name was enough to confirm their connection anyway. Then a new shock struck the Dahlian hard in the chest, though he should have guessed this already. So much death, no one escaped.

Both so young and when he had last seen that couple together there had been so much happiness. Now it was lost and only dull puppy memories remained. The yearling regretted he had not taken the time to know them better than he had. Now they were both gone and their love was already disappearing in misty memories. Dahlia was so damaged. Conor wished for happiness to bloom here, but cruel fates took their lives early. ”My sincere condolences, Weilund.” Soft lilac eyes closed again and the young male turned his face away, seeing the faces of his late pack members flash behind shut lids. It was around a year ago. How could so much terrible happen in such a short time? They had all been so happy.

”I will bring you to Bris,” the alpha decided, saying this out loud as his eyes opened and retargeted the large brute that carried so much emotional pain on his shoulders. Whatever was next on the golden male’s list was never to be known, as the large male succumbed to the loss. The Dahlian wolf rose then and closed in on the larger male carefully, intention only to comfort and help. ”Weilund.” A soft breath, weighted down by the loss they both had to deal with. ”You’ve travelled far, you deserve to rest.” Conor dipped his muzzle gently, giving the darker wolf a soft nudge on the shoulder.

[/html]
[html]

Holy crap. I first started writing this like....in the morning. I ended up coming back to it at LEAST four times and I bet it shows. xD
In OTHER news, Weilund has a man crush on Conor. And I have a thing for him too.

Weilund's world felt horribly off balance. It tilted recklessly and the male feared falling along with it. But at the last moment Conor reached out to him, offering comfort. The yearling took it, seeing the gesture as a lifeline of sorts. It didn't seem odd to him that he was finding solace in a stranger, let alone the alpha of the pack whose territory he was practically trespassing on. He just knew that this kind male was willing to take on a little of his grief, enough to make things seem bearable. He was also willing to lead Weilund toward the next step in his journey.

Weilund's ears twitched at the mention of Bris – someone he didn't know, but still a connection to what he used to have. He found direction in her name and was willing to follow it as far as it would take him as long as Conor pointed him in the right direction. And after that? He didn't know. Maybe there wouldn't be an 'after that.' Maybe it would all end before he saw the rest of his journey through. He used to believe in plans, contemplating moves beyond the first or second step. But in the last little while Weilund suffered through enough revelations about mortality to effectively destroy any previous beliefs. How long did any of them really have? At the very least he was certain that he would survive the next hour or so and it was all thanks to Conor.

Thank you, sir. The large wolf finally spoke, bending to brush the alpha's chin both in respect and gratitude. He took a few deep breaths, working to calm himself so he'd be able to regain his composure. When he believed himself in control, Weilund addressed the pack that he had forgotten at his feet. He was careful to make the movements seem effortless, but slipping the bag back onto his back was yet another difficult task. Once this feat was managed, Weilund addressed the male before him again, feeling he needed to explain. It wasn't that he figured Conor would suspect that the bag contained anything dangerous – he just found that talking helped. Silence was the only dangerous thing he needed to concern himself. The quiet gave his thoughts an opportunity to attack.

My brother left me this stuff. They're all his tools. He was a really good carpenter. He taught me everything I know. To his great surprise, Weilund found that he was able to smile. It was small and kind of pathetic, but it was something and that was all that mattered. It was enough to get him through whatever happened next, at least. But what was next, anyway?
If he did manage to survive the next little while, what was he supposed to do? It occurred to Eilu that he had no intention of returning to Jasper Valley. Even though his whole family lived there, the male just couldn't see himself going back. It was the last place he had been happy, the last place he'd seen Eli as well. But for some reason Weilund knew he wouldn't be able to feel his brother's presence there any longer. This had been Elliot's home, not the valley. So what did that mean for Weilund?

Before he was consciously aware of it, Weilund was speaking. Uh. Conor, sir? Do you think it'd be okay if I stayed here? As surprised as he was for saying it, the male couldn't deny how right the idea of staying here felt. This was the one place my brother was really happy and if it's okay with you, I'd like to ...share that with him, if that makes sense. He hoped he didn't sound crazy and hastily pushed on. I won't make a nuisance of myself. I'm good with tools and in my old pack I was the Medic's understudy. I did a lot of patrolling, too. He wasn't exactly sure how one went about joining a pack. He'd lived his entire life in Jasper Valley and because his old home was so isolated there hadn't been a great deal of potential joiners for him to learn from. He was willing to give it his best shot in any case.

[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
</style>

I really like Weilund too. CONOR AND WEILUND SHOULD BE SUPERBUDDIES! Oh, and welcomewelcome to Dahlia(again!)<333 I love tayawesomeness<33 500+

He was not unaware that this bold move to touch the other could have backfired horribly. There was no doubt in his heart though that this was a gentle soul crumbling to the ground from immerse weights of grief. Conor could relate to this too well. He knew what it was like to deal with such misery on one’s own, thus would not let the Oriel male go through this alone. A weak smile danced upon thin lips when gratitude was expressed. He was not at all worried about the pack that belonged to the other. There had already been several opportunities for the other to strike out, and so Conor already knew that this male was trustworthy to an extent. He was happy to listen to the man’s explanation anyway, allowing ears to flicker gently to underline the fact that Weilund had his full attention.

Dahlia had once had a carpenter, but the male had disappeared before Conor had received his first adult rank. He had never realized that Elliot had been one as well. All the things he did not know. One should remember the dead and who they were, but Conor’s memories of the late Oriel male were few and terribly blurry. It was unexpected that a smile bloomed on the large fellow’s face as he spoke and the golden male could not resist returning it. It was beautiful to observe the relationship between the brothers. Bonds were not severed by death and Conor hoped Elliot had been able to appreciate his sibling before he died. ”Tools of an artist. You should hold on to them,” he spoke. Or were they part of Weilund’s burden and needed to be disposed of?

The question that eventually rose surprised the young alpha. He wished to stay? The yearling inhaled, taking in the rich scent of the stranger. His journey was long and it was hard to make out the scents he did not recognize. Perhaps he belonged somewhere else in the world, but Conor did not often get into other people’s business without a valid reason. He wished only to help—had already offered the male a few days. Those days would pass and it was Weilund that had to be the one to decide for himself whether or not he could find a home here in Nova Scotia. The lilac eyed male’s spirits rose still though, for he already appreciated the other for what he had seen in his emotional gaze. ”I advise you to take a few days to think about this, and if you decide to try to rebuild a life here then I’d be honoured to have you in my pack.”

Silence slipped into the boy’s head as he recognized the egoistic word just used. My pack. Dahlia did not belong to him. Eyelids half closed and the boy’s gaze drifted off as he wondered why he had yet to be overthrown by an elder wolf. Dahlia’s remaining members were not aggressive, but who would trust a boy—Haku’s son to rule Dahlia? He turned his focus quickly and found that he wished that the Oriel man would stay. In fact, the two shared a mutual interest for healing it seemed. The co-rank as an apothecary was empty—Conor did not feel confident enough about his skills to take it. Not yet anyway. He wanted to comment further on the man’s strengths, but there would be time for that and he wanted to give the male time to deal with this immerse change in his life before more trivial matters were discussed.

[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Hey, welcome to 'Souls. You've just joined the craziest bunch of wolf roleplayers on the vast internet. If you haven't done so already, you should check out the rp guide for detailed information about our werewolves and other general role playing information.

Now that you're accepted, you need to do two things:
___1. Make your first IC post within five days.
___2. Update your profile with a bit of background information on your character.

You can also start saving up points toward titles and icons and cool stuff. Check out the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for people looking to roleplay. You can post random out of character chat in the OOC Garbage with us, too.