all alone he turns to stone (J)
[html]
Character Name: Moses
Character Birthdate (including year): May 15, 2006
Whether s/he is a regular wolf or a Luperci: Luperci
Your e-mail: 1nsp1r3.xx@hotmail.com is the one I check most regularly.
A secondary form of contact (AIM, MSN, Y!M) I'm not on enough for it to be of any use, so please just PM me if you need to talk privately about something.
How did you learn/hear about 'Souls?: I just came upon it, I suppose. ^^

Moses was a pitiful sight. His thin but muscular body was slumped over in an attempt to keep the icy rains from lashing at his face. His worn blue jeans were pulling at his waist, long ago becoming heavy with water and more of a bother than a help. But still, he pushed on. On his back he carried a leather pack, a gift from his mother, given to him what seemed like a lifetime ago.

If asked what had brought him to these packlands, his answer would be simple. It was not a work of the man upstairs, nor was it destiny that his tired limbs fell to the border of a pack whom's name he did not know. It was nothing more than a frozen river that had brought him here. Moses was a survivor and so when he'd wandered numbly around the Canadian landscape, he'd found himself blessed by the sight of the river. He knew that where there was a nice body of fresh water, there would often be a gathering of creatures. And sure enough, when he'd followed the river it had led him to a pack.

Truthfully, Moses had little interest in the company of others. He'd been traveling nearly all of his young life, had made the trip from his native lands of South American all the way to Canada, where he now was. But what was he to do here? He was unfamiliar with the lands and while he had a good understanding of how to make it, Moses figured that there was nothing to lose and everything to gain by attempting to join a pack. After all, there was safety in numbers.

And so, as the icy rain fell on the wintry landscape, Moses waited patiently, dark hands tucked into his pocket, blackened mane flat against his soaked body, for the arrival of another.

[/html]
Welcome to Bleeding Souls! :]
[html]

He couldn’t keep thoughts of Dierdre out of his head, especially about the events of Valentine’s day. He had dreamt up the whole night days before hand, planning the dinner and arranging their den just perfectly. He had even practiced a song on the violin she had given him until he felt as if his fingers were going to bleed. What had eventually happened was nothing like what he had imagined. Though, it only made him feel more in love with her.

He tried to clear his mind of thoughts of her for today, at least while he checked borders. He was, after all, Gamma now, and it was his responsibility to help Phoenix protect his fellow pack mates. He supposed he still wasn’t used to it – the responsibility he now carried. Though he was comforted by the fact that he had solidly established himself within Storm.

The young wolf had shifted earlier that morning, finding that he was becoming more and more comfortable in this form over the other two. Unfortunately, Pilot wasn’t able to make his rounds as quickly, but he supposed he enjoyed the solitude. It gave him a chance to think about things - mostly Dierdre, but it had been much about medicine lately.

He walked with his arms folded behind his back, thinking back to when Phoenix had fallen ill after plummeting into the river. Naniko had come to his aid, and Pilot had been left in an awe at the knowledge of healing she possessed. After that, he had gone to the library to look for books on medicine, but he still had the intentions of going to Naniko some time as well. He was determined not to let anymore of his friends fall to a sickness. The thought of losing those he held close to him he knew would be more than he could take.

Slowing his gait, the Gamma turned his head in the dreary rain, finding an unfamiliar scent lingering on the water. Letting his arms fall to his side, Pilot turned and wandered closer to Storm’s borders. It took only moments for his grey eyes to find the unfamiliar face.

"Good day stranger", he called out, stopping under a leafless tree as if it might offer some shelter. "May I help you with something?"

[/html]
[html]

Moses was surprised by the speedy arrival of another at the border. The icy rain that lashed out at him was something that Moses had been sure would stop another from meeting him so soon, but it seemed that luck was in the Maned Wolf's favor on this gloomy March day. Moses listened as the other called out from a rather puny looking tree and feeling no desire to make this meeting a shouting match, the young adult stepped forward, closing the space in between the two.

At his offer for help, Moses nodded, raising a dark hand to wipe the water from his soft green eyes. "Yes," he said quietly before continuing, "My name is Moses, I was born in South America and have since traveled throughout the States and now up into Canada. I'd like some information on this pack and if I would perhaps be welcome here?" His words were quick and to the point, his Spanish accent soft and clear in his words.

Moses sized up the male opposite to him, a good looking fellow who was also in his Luperci form. It was the form that Moses had favored ever since he'd begun to shift at the tender age of seven months. He loved the feeling of control and the excess of abilities when he was able to walk on two feet. In fact, Moses thought that if he could was away the option of being a wolf at all, he would.

He decided that this man was a kind fellow, who wouldn't mind sharing his shelter--however weak it was--with Moses. Taking a few steps forward, Moses joined him beneath the empty limbs of the tree and found that though the rain still found him, the branches did manage to provide some form of protection. It was, at least, better than nothing.

[/html]
[html]

Raising a hand, he shielded his eyes, watching the dark lips of the stranger move in response to his own greeting. He lingered on his words, especially the accent that formed them, and instantly thoughts of what South America might be like, entered his head. After a moment’s pause, he let his hand fall away from his forehead – the minimal protection of keeping the rain from his eyes was barely noticeable to the fact that the falling water seemed to being weighing Pilot down. After this encounter, he hoped he would find no other along the borders, so that he could return to the warmth and protection of his den.

"Hello Moses", Pilot replied, watching as the stranger grew closer towards him. "My name is Pilot Haddon and this here, is Storm." Normally, he would have shown more excitement or pride in the pack, but as it was, the scenery was definitely not as cheery today. Perhaps the weather would clear over the next few days, and if he decided to stay, Moses would see the true splendor that Storm had to offer.

As the man moved under the tree’s protection which Pilot had sought out, he allowed a thin grin to appear across his lips. The prospect of a new member was actually lifting his mood a bit. He realized he should probably show a little more enthusiasm, even if the weather seemed to be placing everyone in the doldrums. "Of course we are always welcome to having new faces around. You said you were wondering about information, are there any questions you have for me before I ask you my own?"

[/html]
You have until March 18 to post a reply, Moses, or this thread will be archived. Thanks.