Greetings
Ugh, I hate these types of posts. Whether it be "HAI I'M NEW TO YOUR GUILD" or "hai i wunt to rp wif you" it always leaves me somewhat on guard.

Anyways...

I'm new (how'd you guess?) I work a difficult job so my brain functions after work arn't the greatest so please excuse me if I happen to come across as "cross". I've off again and on again rp'd for a long time. While my grammar and spelling has improved since my horrible fail as I was growing up it still isn't exactly up to the bright shining example I'd love it to be. But that isn't my current problem, my current problem is this. OMG MENTAL OVERLOAD WITH INFORMATION TO ABSORB. First off I've been wanting to get back into forum rp, I'm a recent recovering wow addict that raided way to much. Yes I was the elitist jerk on your server that made fun of your gear and how you toiled over gear score in a vain effort to bring meaning to your existence (which ironically enough brought meaning to mine while I wasn't raiding... oh how we feed off each other). I didn't really care much for the simplistic nature of rp in game and I missed the extensive in-depth rp that a forum helps foster. Most of the characters I like to play are very complicated and hard to figure out. Normally I do not rush into anything without first weighing my options and then coming up with ideas for a potential character. What I need help with is coming up with ideas, viable options and someone who can lend an ear to me and provide feedback. As it is right now, my current ideas are A. Play a newborn pup to ease into the rp or B. Do a full blown new character with its own past and history (much rather do this but I need to work out any issues a history would have). At this current point in time the character idea I have is someone from Europe.

Anyways, rambling tired, I'll check back tomorrow after work.
Hey, welcome! I'm Marit, I'm from Norway, and I'm one of the mentors that hang around here to help anyone that feels like they need it :3 Glad to see some fresh meat! Wink

A: Lots of people here do that, which is obvious from the size of our bigger family names. It automatically establishes a social network for your character, and sort of places him/her in the world for you, both beographically and semi-ideologically, seeing as it is likely (but of course not a certainty) that a child would share some of the basic values with their parents.

Some people find it difficult to play puppies, like they are 'waiting' for it to grow up and become interesting. There are about 7-8 months, to a year, of 'puppy' play, which for some is pure awesome, and for some is really tedious. It depends on whether you're a little impatient and want to get down to business; if so, I'd not really recommend taking on a puppy. We have a lot of puppies in need of players here, all the time, but if you pick one up and hace to drop it because it's not working out, it's no fun for you, or the players of the parents.

B: For a character from Europe... European wolves are fun. Seeing as you're even aware of the option of playing an European wolf, I'm guessing you've already read some of our info. So, you probably know that the wolf population in Europe is much more advanced than the one here, which means that your character could easily be a boat builder or a miner or something funky like that. No electricity over here though (I'm not even sure they have it in Europe), so be careful in choosing something that's realistic, if/when you decide on skills. I'm not sure on the size of a coyote population of Europe, so I suppose the safe choice would be a wolf or maybe a hybrid of some sort, when it comes to species.

Another fun thing about the European wolves are their language. It's not likely that they would be very proficient in English unless they're from the UK, so you get a chance to show off your language skills. There are a lot of European characters who speak French and German (I say a lot, but they're only a few, though in the total number of European wolves, they dominate. I think?), so if your character speaks any of those, (s)he's have something in common with them. Or if you want the character to be a bit special, you can choose another language. The only important thing is, though, that you have some level of knowledge about the langauge, or teach the basics of it to yourself, to ensure that the dialogue in your post isn't random gibberish from google translate Wink

Hmm... I dunno if this answers any questions you might have? Throw some more at us! Smile
Yeah the language part is the only thing that trips me up. In any of the forum rp styles i've played in before the immortal part was in play so you had a out as to why your character just had a slight accent when speaking english (assuming they had been alive for a long time and speaking english for awhile). So as of now I'm wanting to place saluce from Normandy. The angle I'm looking at right now is the history (our history not the rp) of how england and france always fought for this strip of land. I'm wondering if it wouldn't be so far fetched as to imagine that wolves from either england or france wouldn't end up doing the same.

I spoke with Savina last night about the possibuilities for my character. So today I did a fair amount of consideration on the limits of tech that are allowed and how to apply that to the style I'm looking for.