there won't be a next time
[html]

"I lived on my own for a while, too, and I'm still not sure I'm used to living in a pack," she admitted. She had been a member of a pack for well over a year now, though the packs had varied between the three she had lived in since coming here to look for her mother. Princess did not seem to be as suited for pack life as some wolves were, but she was happy enough where she was. Truthfully, all that she wanted was to be wherever Haven was. He meant the world to her and he had rescued her, in a sense. She never wanted to be away from him. She knew he felt the same.

It made sense that the woman he had met that did not eat meat would not be as healthy as others, though it was in a way Princess had not expected to hear. Of course hearing that she had been thin was expected, but Niro had not described her as being weaker than normal. Meat was something that they needed in their diets, so for his friend to not eat it seemed so unhealthy for her. "I guess if it works for her, that's what counts. Would you ever give it up? I don't think I would," she added. Despite hating the sight of the blood and suffering, Princess knew that her body would crumble without the needed nourishment.

<style type="text/css">
.princess-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#985aaf; letter-spacing:1px; }
.princess-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.princess-a01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.princess-a01 {margin:0 auto; width:403px; background-color:#303030; background-image:url(http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/619/souls20.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #000000; padding: 10px 0px 240px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#d5bffd; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Fae (ever Mayawyn)!
[/html]
[html]

I did have a hard time adjusting myself, but I think I belong here for the rest of my days,

He admitted to her, knowing this was definitely what he’d end up doing. He loved Cour des Miracles even though he was fighting tooth an nail against it before they got on the ship to come here, telling Orin that they needed to continue waiting for their parents to come back, but once on the boat he knew deep down that they’d never be coming back, but he wouldn’t accept a pack until he saw it.

I could never give it up, it’s all I really eat, though my dad taught me about spices and cooking the meat with vegitables, but it was rare to find them out in the wild so it was considered a treat. I could never live without it honestly.

He admitted, he’d have other things with his choice of diet, but the main thing was he was a carnivore for a reason, and he’d stick to that idea.

<style type="text/css">
.sleekniro b {font-weight:bold; color:#AD7E00; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.sleekniro-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:10px; color:#AD7E00; text-align:right; }
.sleekniro p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.sleekniro {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#DBBA72; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... robird.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 230px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#3C3226; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]
[html]

The Lady Chance nodded, knowing that his words reflected her own thoughts as well. This pack was where she was meant to settle, she was sure, as Haven had come here before finding her. Wherever he was, was where she belonged the most. "I don't think I could ever leave, either," she responded. Her anchor was here, and he was tied to the pack. Neither one would leave the kingdom, and they would stay together for the rest of her days. Princess was delighted by the knowledge that this was true. At least she could count on having Niro around as a friend, as well, since he didn't plan to leave. Things could always change, but she liked knowing that her mohawked friend would be around for a while.

At least she was not alone in knowing that she could never stop eating meat, though she doubted she loved it as much as Niro seemed to. Princess only ate meat because she needed it to stay alive, though she supplemented it with fruits and vegetables that she picked outside when she could find them. "I wouldn't mind learning how to cook better. I know how, but I don't know much about making ti better. What kinds of stuff did your dad teach you to use?" Maybe she could learn and implement them into her meals with Haven.

<style type="text/css">
.princess-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.princess-a01 {margin:0 auto; width:403px; background-color:#303030; background-image:url(http://img704.imageshack.us/img704/619/souls20.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #000000; padding: 10px 0px 240px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#d5bffd; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Niro smiled, glad she felt the same way, he knew he’d made a friend of her, and he was glad for it, he needed all the friends he could get, that’s what he felt anyway at least, it was a good thought knowing that he’d have at least one or two friends that would stay in the pack for a long time. He felt that in the near future he’d need all he could get.
He had to think to remember the few spices that his father’d used, some of which he bartered for other’s he’d found in the wild.

There was a spice called Oregano.. .very rare though my dad had to trade something very nice for it if I remember, but it tasted just amazing when it was cooked, but chives, those are found just about anywhere, they are good to cook with too, just have to know what they look like, because the do kind of look like grass. Then there’s rosemary, which gives a kick, there’s so many more but those have what come to mind that are rather good.

He said, he was feeling excited that the knowledge his father passed to him… and tried to with his sister… would be at least going somewhere. He hadn’t used much of any of them, though the chives had been easy to find and cook with. He wasn’t a plant person, didn’t really try to pick much of anything unless he already knew what it was.

<style type="text/css">
.sleekniro-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:10px; color:#AD7E00; text-align:right; }
.sleekniro {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#DBBA72; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... robird.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 230px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#3C3226; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]
[html]

She listened with interest as he spoke of the possible spices that could be used in cooking, though she was a bit disheartened by the idea that they might not be easy to find. She would have to look for things that could be used in cooking, as she wanted to learn how to do it right, mainly for Haven. It would probably not be that hard to learn how to cook properly, but she would take any advice she could get on the matter, especially from a friend like Niro. She could get used to spending time with him and hanging out, she guessed. He was a nice wolf and she was enjoying his company quite a bit.

It would probably be a good idea to know what not to use in her cooking, especially if she was going to be practicing on Haven. She did not want to use anything that could make him sick... or worse. Princess knew very little of plants and herbs, but she asked anyway, "Is there anything you know of that should definitely not be used?" She might not recognize it on sight, but she could ask someone if she was unsure of what it was.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

he had to think, there were numerous things that he’d been told not to eat though one in particular that he’d stuck in his mouth as a pup and had to get a paniced mother about.

Onions, apparently not so good for you, there’s also nutmeg, and jasmine, a few other things but after I’d tried to eat an onion I was forced to learn about some of the other things that weren’t so good for me either…

He’d felt horrible and still did making his mother panic when he’d tried to eat the onion, but he knew better, and though he didn’t get much it had caused a little pain and ultimately he’d brought up his food.
Though there’s more things that we shouldn’t eat, just don’t know them all myself I’m afraid, not a big plant person. Though my dad had been the cook of the century in all of our opinions.

He said smiling at the foods he use to make before things had gone all wrong. He wondered if that’s what they wanted him to be, though he wasn’t a bad cook at all, he did quite well in fact, he was no where near his father in the proficiency of actually cooking the best of the best.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]
[html]

Of course Princess knew that there were things that canines were not meant to eat, but she also knew that they were not actually carnivores; their bodies needed more than simply meat. Most, however, only ate meat, and while that wasn't a terrible thing... They did need other things in their body. It was interesting to think of the things they were not meant to eat, especially when considering that some did try to eat things they shouldn't. What if the onion had been worse for him than it had been? Niro could've died from eating something innocently.

"I'll have to see if I can find any good books on it or something. I don't really leave the pack lands much after the last time I went scavenging in Halifax, but maybe I can find some in the unused houses here." Princess shuddered at the unpleasant memory of the day she had been attacked by the lone white wolf. She had never learned his name, as his motives for her had been far from pure, and she had needed Haven to rescue her. She did not like to think of being attacked, nor did she like to think of the fact that Haven had needed to kill him. It had been necessary, but she still didn't like it.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC: Short post faiiiilll

You may want to try my sister… well if she opens the door for you. She has many books, and from what I’ve learned there was a library in the old town… I forgot its name, but there may be some books there, they are all human books, though they have some on dogs and wolves, they were lucky I suppose, they could eat more things than we can.

He said this all in a few breaths, not believing he really did that, he never talked about books much, but if it was to help someone out and he had the information he was all for helping them. Then smiled, a little, thinking some day he’d venture further out, he’d probably find something for his new friend too.

Maybe if I find a place that might have something, I’ll be sure to grab it for you.

He nodded, making it known he wouldn’t have a no for an answer, though he wasn’t going to just head on out of the territory right now for her to search for such a book, but he’d keep that in mind if he did any time soon.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]