Hakuna Matata
[html]

WC: 323 (3 Points) OOC: YAY FISHING!!!

Niro didn’t normally leave the confines of Cour des Miracles, but lately, he’d been enjoying the sights of the shattered coast, a new spot in which he was sure to spend most of his time. Today was a day for him to relax a little, and unwind. He made sure there were no birds in the traps he’d set out and even made sure the traps couldn’t’ get the birds today, because he’d rather not spend it worrying if a bird was gonna get stuck and trapped and he hated worrying. He’d brought Marahute on his walk with him, as always she was by his side. He enjoyed his new lifetime partner.

He figured the beautiful view of the ocean would be a good thing for them today, although the view itself wasn’t all that beautiful, but he enjoyed the rocks all over and the algae covering them, not to mention the various life that moved around the rocky sands. He’d figured he would stay all day so he even brought plenty of food with him, as well as a fishing rod, one he’d found in the stables, hoping he wouldn’t brake it while fishing with it, but it seemed to be simple and if he broke it he was confident in his skills that he could make a replica. He found a nice spot right on the beach where the water suddenly dipped and found a sterdy rock, where he sat. Marahute hopped onto the rock next to him, and started exploring it while Niro got his fishing pole ready. Such a glorious day. He thought as he cast his line into the waters. Maybe he’d catch something bigger than he did when Rurik was teaching him how to fish. Then he could happily show off his prize when he got back, since he didn’t really know how to scale a fish, or even prepare one. He just knew they tasted good.

<style>
.niroocean .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.niroocean p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.niroocean b {color:#AAD0E9; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.niroocean {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010may/nirotable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:150px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #AAD0E9; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#E4EDF3; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.niroocean-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

Thanks for starting! <3

After scavenging in Halifax for awhile, her knapsack slung over a shoulder, Clover decided to venture further south and found herself wandering along the Shattered Coast. In her Optime, like usual, the girl had taken to time to don all of her accessories; the denim shorts in place just below her hips, the usual rings and bracelets cluttering her hands, and the familiar white headband lying over her golden walnut hair. She hadn’t brought many of her other possessions with her to save room for what she might scavenge, though the girl had packed a few essentials in the bottom of her knapsack. They had come in handy more than once while in the city.

There had been relatively few new changes in the young girl’s life, but the ones that had arisen were prominent. Clover had taken to expanding her diet, incorporating meat in amongst the usual vegetables and things she ate. It had been a confusing task at first, but her natural instincts had guided her. After her talk with Liliana from AniWaya, Clover considered that perhaps it would be okay to kill for sustenance as long as she was courteous to Mother Earth. She only took what she needed and it was only from the sickly or weak. It was, after all, Mother Earth’s intentions for her to eat this way. And although she had felt some internal turmoil over her change at first, Clover had come to accept that this is what Mother Earth wanted. And it was doing the girl well. Already she had put on some more weight and had begun to look healthier, though she was still very thin.

The girl had also set up a more permanent establishment. The shack where she had stored her belongings temporarily had been given a makeover and now it was where Clover spent much of her time. She clung close to Inferni, having discovered that it was there where her father lived. However, Clover had yet to actually talk to him. She had wanted to see her siblings for sure, but there was a strange feeling that surrounded Razekiel. Especially since he had disappeared on the night of Storm Lily’s death and many had placed the blame on him.

Her straw colored eyes came to rest on quite a site. A lightly colored wolf sat fishing and Clover’s gaze instantly skimmed over him. It seemed as if a golden eagle was there for company and Clover was intrigued. Hiking the knapsack up on her back, the girl changed course and headed in the direction of the duo. She had gone all day without seeing another soul to speak to, and Clover was dying for some interaction. "Mind if I join you?"

<style>
.clover-ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:1px; }
.clover p {padding:0px 15px 5px 15px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.clover b {color:#D09E00;}
.clover {background-color:#A54527; background-image:url(); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:13px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.clover-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 312 (3 Points)

Niro was just getting settled in for a long day of fishing, when he heard the girl come up behind him, then speak, he wasn’t started, like he probably should have been, but given where he was, and how he’d yet to meet any hostiles, he didn’t think anything of it. he looked up and smiled at the young wolf… or did she have some other kind of canine in her? He was bad at telling what was what these days. It didn’t matter to him, if she wasn’t being a threat, she was definitely a friend.

Of course you may!

He said, moving over to give her room to sit, Marahute hopped on Niro’s leg, flapped her wings, but made no noise beyond that. He looked up at his new company, she had very interesting markings, and even more interesting clothes. Niro didn’t wear anything beyond the belt along his waist and it was because it was convenient in holding food fr the birds he trained, as well as work supplies if he was to go fixing something.

My name is Niro.

He said, a friendly and inviting tone. He never turned down company not when he’d been use to nothing but unsafe conditions. She didn’t seem like she was out to hurt him though. She looked intrigued, a look he was getting rather use to since he got Marahute and Tobias. He figured she got curious about Marahute, who knew that he was doing something that required her to keep still. She was rather tired anyway, which meant a little time to himself even if he had to stay still… until he’d get a fish of course. He probably couldn’t wait to see the face on his eagle when he did jump up to reel in the line, but for now everything was calm and quiet, and nothing was biting.

<style>
.niroocean {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010may/nirotable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:150px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #AAD0E9; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#E4EDF3; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

Annafail. My apologies.

Clover, pleased with the stranger’s welcoming reply, instantly moved to the spot he had cleared for her to sit and sat her knapsack on the ground behind them. Both legs were curled underneath her small frame into a pretzel and Clover’s straw gold eyes studied the bird that sat silently on Niro’s leg. It was a majestic creature and Clover was sure she had never seen anything like it this close before. With his introduction, Clover brought her gaze to the man’s face and her teeth parted into a grin. "It’s so very nice to meet you, Niro. My name is Clover Love," the surname having been left off for now. "That’s a beautiful creature you’ve got there, dove. Is he a companion of yours?"

Her hands had absentmindedly went to her walnut hair, fingers twirling the strands about them. It was such a peaceful afternoon and the weather accompanied by the serene view of the water made for an intriguing rendezvous spot. Clover was glad she had happened across such a nice young man to spend some time with. Maybe even if he caught something, since he appeared to be fishing, he’d be kind enough to offer her some food. Clover, of course, would offer the herb she had stashed away in her knapsack in return.

<style>
.clover-ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:1px; }
.clover {background-color:#A54527; background-image:url(); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:13px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 313 (3 Points) OOC: Let me know if I got the size of her right and such, ^^; I can always change it if I didn’t :3

It was good luck that brought the female to meet him. He knew he’d be bored out of his mind fishing, but he wanted to try anyway. She seemed nice enough and her name was interesting. He liked it though. At the mention of Marahute, he looked at his companion who opened an eye slightly, knowing she was being talked about.

Oh thank you, her name is Marahute. And yes she’s my companion, I’m caring for her. She’s only a fledgling.

He said, thinking about how big his bird would be getting, and how big she’d already managed since she was a chick, had it been that long since she’d hatched? He couldn’t believe it had only been a few months since she hatched. She still had a long way to go. He knew she’d stop fitting on his shoulder soon enough which would be a pity, because he liked her up on it.

What brings you out this way?

one of the good things he was liking about fishing was he didn’t have to pay his entire attention on the fishing he was doing, as long as his hands were on the rod, he was fine, so he was able to pay more attention to his company. He looked her over, she had very interesting markings, not smething he normally saw, which drew him a smile anyway. She was a fairly odd looking wolf with her thin legs and large ears, she seemed shorter than most wolves, which made him wonder if she had some other canine in her. He wouldn’t ask though it didn’t matter if she was a fluffy bear… well it did if she intended to eat him, but that was beside the point, he wasn’t a bias wolf, his pack was full of mix breeds. He was a full blooded wolf, but that made little difference to him.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Nope, that's all perfect! She's largely coyote, so she's already small, plus her weird eating habits make her super thin. XD

Straw colored eyes went again to the bird who seemed to peek out at her from behind a slit eye. Marahute was a girl, it seemed, and Clover could feel the slight warmth of blush spreading beneath the tawny fur of her face. She had no way of knowing the bird’s gender either way, but she still felt bad for having assumed it was a male. "That’s a pretty name," she responded softly, her gaze drifting up from the bird to study Niro’s peculiarly handsome features again. Though his hands were held firmly to the fishing rod, he had allowed his gaze to turn and find her. She smiled in response to his gaze, and found herself replying to his words. "Well, I went to the city to see if I could find anything useful to bring home with me. There’s so many interesting places from the humans before us, that I’m always intrigued by everything I see. I didn’t take a lot with me today," she titled her head, walnut hair brushing over her shoulder to fall against her chest. "It’s always nice to have something new, though."

A silence fell between them once Clover finished talking, but the young coyote didn’t seem to mind much. Instead, the girl was particularly interested in the feather’s decorating the boy’s hair. Though she was accustom to seeing Luperci decorate themselves in all kinds of organic material, she had never really noticed anyone with this many feathers tucked into their hair. "These are amazing, dove," she spoke softly, leaning forward to reach out one slender hand and gently stroke one of the feathers. "Are they from Marahute?" Clover was sure they were not, since the bird perched on his lap was still relatively small. But either way, Clover had mentally decided that they looked good on the boy and the combination with his dark hair and bright green eyes made him rather handsome.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 394 (3 Points)

Niro returned her smile and turned back to look at the horizon. Yep a lovely day and it was getting better. He loved learning new things be it useful or useless it didn’t matter to him. He let his ears drift to her when he heard the word city

I have heard there was a city nearby, I’ve just not really cared to go and check it out. Although I agree new things are very nice.

his collection of new happened to be his birds and the leather he collected from his kills that he tried making things into. He wasn’t a bad leatherworker himself, he was pretty good at it if he really wanted to work on something that got his attention. Denali jerked from the silence and then the touch to his feathers, but it wasn’t one that made him pull away. He was getting use to others touching his fur at odd moments.

Oh thank you, no they are marahute’s parents. I use to have some frm Florida, but … well they grew old sadly. I got lucky to find a pair of golden eagles nesting around here.

as he said this, anything he was about to say was cut off as he had an actual catch on his fishing pole. Now he stood up and the instance between that and Marahute falling indignantly to the rock he’d pulled on the line as Rurik had showed him. He was hoping beyond hope this time it wasn’t a small fish. Once he pulled the line out of the water he was pleased to see a fish quite a bit bigger than his first catch and wished this was his actual first catch but it was ok. The fish slapped the air trying to swim back in the water as it suffocated on the dry air. Now Niro tried to remember what to do next. He couldn’t remember. He pictured Rurik pulling the fish off the hok, but this one was making a big fuss.

I don’t suppose you know how to take a fish off the line do you?

He asked hopefully, he would do what he could if she couldn’t, he grabbed the fish like Rurik had, but it was so slippery it came right out of his hand with one slap. He frowned… ok this WAS harder than it looked.

<style>
.niro-b02 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.niro-b02 b {color:#FEA300;}
.niro-b02 {background-color:#030400; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010apr/niro2.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 325px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7B8641; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.niro-b02-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
.niro-b02-separator{width:350px; border-bottom:1px dotted #F6BF2E; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Clover listened interestedly to Niro’s words as he told her about the feathers. Bashful, she drew away her hand and let her straw colored eyes find the view of the horizon. She wasn’t sure why she felt coy about her actions now, but it seemed as if this boy made her stomach churn ever so slightly. In all honesty, it scared her a little bit. She was thinking about asking him more about the feathers, but it seemed as if he had caught something. Instantly, Niro was jumping to his feet, discarding poor Marahute for now while he tended to his fishing rod. Clover looked on with eyes wide with intrigue as the big fish camp flopping out of the water fighting for a breath.

Her eyes shot to his with his question and Clover shook her head in dismay, her hair turning about her shoulders as gently as the waves of the ocean. "I’ve only ever used a net," she admitted, as she sat up on her knees and scooted closer. "I can try to help, though." Reaching out, Clover tried grasping at the fish so that perhaps Niro would be able to tend to the line still attached to its mouth. She wasn’t afraid of holding the fish, but found it increasingly difficult as it fought against her grasp. "He’s so slippery," she said, voice tinged with a soft laugh as the fish’s tail thrashed around. Despite the tricky situation they faced, Clover was rather enjoying herself.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 510 (5 Points)

The fish continued to squirm around, and Clover took hold of it, it was pretty much chaos, but for Niro this was fun chaos, as she tried to keep a hold of it, he held onto its head and started looking for the hook, it wasn’t hard to find, and he pulled it around, it seemed pretty well stuck there, so he pulled harder, he could feel the cartilage of the fish’s mouth tear as he pulled the thing out of its mouth, he kept ahold of the slippery thing, trying to remember what Rurik did next after pulling it off the line. He could feel that the fish was already losing it’s battle for air, and soon it wouldn’t be trying to breath at all. Niro wished he brought a bucket with him, but it was ok, he was sure they could find very nice accomidations, most likely their bellies.

Yes, quite slippery indeed… now I’ve the faintest clue what to do.

He admitted. He wasn’t sure why but he thought he wasn’t going to actually catch a fish this time around, maybe it was because he had been alone for a while? Well he’d caught one now… and Clover helped him get it off, he knew that it was fair enough to give her some of the fish. He hadn’t noticed but the fish was now limp and quite dead. He didn’t know if he wanted to suffocate an animal, even a fish, rather than do something that would end its life quickly.

I’m kind of new at this myself, I borrowed the rod. I was sort of taught how to fish it seems I still have some learning to do.

He said sheepishly, letting go of the dead fish’s head. He looked around, it probably wasn’t the best spot for a fire so he couldn’t try cooking a fish, but he doubted it would taste bad raw also. He’d never scaled a fish though, he’d watched Liliya do it, but she was so good at it he barely saw the knife move over the fish before the scales were all gone. He took his own knife out and looked at the fish. He hesitated, not sure, and feeling slightly embarrassed that he’d not learn so many steps to fishing. Marahute flapped her wings and looked at the fish, a kind of hunger in her eyes. Niro knew fish wasn’t a huge part of a Golden Eagle’s diet but knew they would eat if there was some available, so he picked her up before she went after the fish.

Don’t suppose you know how to get the scales off do you?

He asked feeling bad he had to ask the guest how to do a job that he was suppose to be doing himself, like he should have learned beforehand, but he didn’t know, and he didn’t think to ask about it. He should have. It would have made this whole day easier, but he was having fun, which the thought brought a smile to his own face.

<style>
.niro-b02 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.niro-b02 b {color:#FEA300;}
.niro-b02 {background-color:#030400; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010apr/niro2.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 325px 0px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#7B8641; letter-spacing:.2px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.niro-b02-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
.niro-b02-separator{width:350px; border-bottom:1px dotted #F6BF2E; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Sorry about the PP. I can change it if I need to. Big Grin

While she grasped the creature firm in her small hands, Niro went to work at its mouth, trying to free the hook from where it had snagged the fish. Clover watched with interest as the fish’s futile struggles seemed to become less fervent. In time, the thrashing seemed to cease all together and Niro had done his best to free to hook from the jaws of their meal. Once he released the mouth of the fish, Clover solely held the creature in her hands. Though she had risen to her knees to aid Niro, Clover gently eased back to sit on her ankles. The fish she cradled idly in her palms while Niro confessed he had no clue what to do next. Luckily for them, Clover had prepared a fish or two since she had adopted meat into her diet. She grinned up at the young man, and held out a palm in asking for his knife.

"Sure I do, love. It’s not too hard, though I have to admit I’ve only done it a few times. Let me give it a try." Once she had Niro’s knife in hand, Clover moved to place the fish on the surface of a large rock. With the relatively smooth stone beneath her, she had a nice work area to begin scaling the fish. Grasping firmly with one hand, Clover began to gently run the blade from the tail and up towards the fish’s head, initiating to scraping removal of its glimmering scales. By the time she was done, there would surely be a mess behind, though Clover knew all too well another of Mother Earth’s creatures would find use of the two canines’ waste.

While she worked, Clover let her eyes dance quickly to Niro for just a moment, before dropping again to her task. "Nice catch, by the way. He’s a big one." She had moved close to the top of the fish, working to make sure she removed the scales near the fins and the tail. Already, her hands were covered in the mess of scales that had already been freed from the dead fish’s body. She turned it in her hands, finding the collar of the fish and running the blade along it. "So, where’re you from, Niro?" She would be busy with the fish for a little while, so Clover figured a bit of small talk wouldn’t hurt them. When she finished with the scaling of the fish, she turned it around and slid her knife into the fish’s vent. From there, she brought the knife upward, cutting the skin until she reached the lower jaw and extending the cut down through the bony portion between the pelvic fins. When she was finished with this, the gleam of red guts shined from the parted skin.

"I’ve met different wolves from several different places around here, though I don’t think I’ve met one from each pack. There are quite a few, aren’t there? Almost five or six?" Time had come to remove the guts and Clover gently slid her fingers into the belly of the fish. Though she was slightly squeamish about this sort of thing, it was necessary in preparing the fish to be eaten. With a slight grimace to her features, she cut at the base of the head where it felt as if everything connected, pulling the guts free from the exposed cavity. Carefully with the knife Clover scraped out the remnants of the liver as well as the swim bladder, the tawny fur of her hands covered now not only in the gleam of scales, but also the light crimson of the guts she had removed.

All that was left now was to remove the gills, and with a few cuts to the attachments, Clover was able to pull them free from the rest of the fish. They'd only need to perhaps clean the fish with some water, and then it would be ready to either cook over an open flame, or for them to indulge raw. Clover looked up to Niro with a grin, quite impressed that she had been able to do all of this even under the pressure of watchful eyes. She hoped she had done everything right. "There," she declared joyfully.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 374 (3 Points)

Niro gave up his knife, and watched as she skinned it. It was fascinating to see her hands work, he could tell it wasn’t a craft for her, and she was slightly clumbsy but she was doing a whole lot better than he was. He was almost too busy watching her that he nearly missed what she’d been talking about.

This is the biggest I’ve caught, The last one… which was my first was ten times as small as this one.

He said, keeping his eyes on her hands as she worked. Her next question caught him even more off guard, he wondered if she meant where he was born? Or where he lived? He never really had a home before Cour des Miracles.

Cour des Miracles.

He said, automatically. It was his home now, and by far it was the happiest place he’d ever been. He had to think about the different packs that were around, he couldn’t honestly say he knew a set number but she’d seemed to have it right.

I think that’s about right, I’ve not seen all of them myself, nor the wolves that live in the lands. I will hopefully soon though. I want to set up a messanger bird thing up in each pack if their leaders allow me to.

He said, it was going to be in the near future. He wasn’t confident that he would be able to do it, he only had two birds, but catching and training more shouldn’t be much of a problem… well after the catching part. It seemed he’d been having trouble doing that of late. He was surprised at the transformation the fish made when she was finally finished with it. He looked at it with his mouth watering.

I don’t know how well we could cook it here, it’s not the same as the beach back at home, the rocks like to trap the water around here.

He admitted although he wasn’t going to say no to fish raw. He was getting his line set up for another fish. Marahute had seen Niro had settled back down and hopped back up on his leg again.

I’m sure it will be just as good raw though I think.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Sorry for the suckage. :3

As she went about her work, Niro had responded kindly to all of her small talk. She listened interestedly to him as he spoke of where he lived, for she was curious to know which packs her encountered company hailed from. Through her travels throughout the area, Clover had slowly come to learn about each of the packs that had settled around here. The names were floating in the back of her mind, though she still didn’t know exactly where each one was.

He had begun to prepare his line for another fish when Clover finished the preparation of the first. Nodding in agreement, her golden hair falling over her shoulders as she did, a light smile caught her features. "I’m sure it will taste just fine," she agreed, looking down to the mess of scales and discarded guts that were painted over the large rock she had used as a surface to work. "Let me give it a little rinse, just to wash away some of the scales." Since they were right by the water, Clover merely had to take a few steps and lean towards the water below to be able to scoop some into her palms. First, she washed away the filth from her own paws. When she was satisfied, she cupped some water in her palms and then let it drop to the fish still settled on the rock. Though it was salt water which she used, Clover figured it would make no difference as long as the meat was free of undesirable debris. "There," she chimed, looking up to Niro’s bright eyes once more. Gosh, he was a handsome guy. "Ready for some fish?"

<style>
.clover-z91 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.clover-z91 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.clover-z91 b {color:#FFD947; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.clover-z91 {background-color:#9E6115; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010j ... ergift.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:345px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FFD947; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#D29930; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; }
.clover-z91-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Wc:319 (3 Points) OOC: Big Grin

Niro felt a tug as she lay the dead fish in the water to clean it, and he started to reel it in, this time, paying more attention to the line. He had a good feeling about this one. It didn’t make as much of a commotion as the one that Clover now finished cleaning. It seemed almost too easy, but once out of the water he could tell it was only a little smaller than the first he’d caught. He held onto the flopping fish, and hit it on the stone they sat on, feeling better it didn’t suffocate. He looked over at clover and smiled.

Ladies first. I’ll get me one soon enough.

He said as he took his knife and started repeating what Clover had shown him, it wasn’t as easy as it looked, and he’d cut off a few chunks of meat with the scales, but he was able to do it in the end, and it looked like he’d saved enough of the fish for Marahute at least. He was planning on giving it to her anyway, and he washed it off just as Clover had, he’d remembered everything except his hands were clumbsy when it came to scaling. He held his palm out as flat as he could and put the fish on the highest part of his hand and gave it to Marahute. She was a very good bird and didn’t bite much, but she had a knack of missing her meal and taking a good cut out on him. It always hurt even if it was an accident. He looked over at Clover

How’s it taste ,good I hope?

He got out the bait again and started putting it on his hook, after Marahute took her share of her own meal. He cast the line again and paid attention to the coyote mixed wolf. It was so good to have company

<style type="text/css"> .niro-a01 b{font-weight:bold; color:#4B73D8; letter-spacing:1px; } .niro-a01 p{text-indent:25px; padding:0px 10px 10px 15px; margin:0px;} .niro-a01{width:425px; background-color:#BCC7E7; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/nirotable.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 0px 0px 265px 0px; font-family: 'trebuchet ms', sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#3A4A6C; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style> [/html]
[html]

As Clover went about rinsing her hands and the meat she had prepared, it seemed that Niro had easily caught another fish. It was smaller than the first, but the young coyote was still impressed that he had so quickly secured another. "Wonderful," she chimed, as he brought it from the water and went about the process of preparing it. She turned her head when he hit it against the rock, still feeling some pang of guilt about the death of other creatures, and then watched as he repeated what she had done. All in all, he had done quite a fabulous job. Clover smiled brilliantly at him, considering now that not only was he handsome, but he was quite the fisherman.

"You sure, love?" She could obviously add well mannered to the list as well. Straw eyes watched interestedly as he began to feed his second catch to the bird beside him. It was obvious to see that he held much compassion for his feathered friend. Clover herself broke away small pieces of the fillet and brought the meat to her mouth. The unique taste of the sea was strong in the meat, but Clover didn’t really mind much. It was different from when the meat was cooked over an open flame, but it was nice to have this unique variety in flavor. "It’s delicious," she responded to him, smiling all the while.

Now that he had finished feeding Marahute, Niro was once again casting his line. When Clover was almost finished with the fish, an idea came to mind. "Here, love. You should try some. It’s very good." She scooped up the small remaining bit of fish and held it out for Niro. It was nothing more than a small bite’s worth, but at least he'd get to have a small taste before he had to repeat the preparation process of the next fish he caught.

<style>
.clover-z91 {background-color:#9E6115; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010j ... ergift.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:345px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #FFD947; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#D29930; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; }
.clover-z91-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC: Sorry for crap post I’ll do better next time! ; ;

It made Niro happy that Clover was enjoying the meal and Marahute seemed to be as well, he sat comfortably in the silence though listening and turned when Clover offered him what she had left he smiled.

Oh thank you, at least I’ll have a taste if I don’t get anymore. They seem to be biting anyway today.

Niro said as he took the meat from Clover and put it in his mouth. She was right it was rather tasty, though he may prefer it on the fire for a bit though, but it was still good enough. He looked back at clover. He felt a need to end the silence.

So do you have any hobbies or anything? Any type of work you enjoy doing?

He asked, it seemed the few fish that were around right now had grown smart and decided that food there was a bad idea. He still hadn’t gotten another fish yet, but he wasn’t disappointed or overly hungry to care right now. He was enjoying himself no matter what.

<style type="text/css">
.sleekniro b {font-weight:bold; color:#AD7E00; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.sleekniro-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:10px; color:#AD7E00; text-align:right; }
.sleekniro p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.sleekniro {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#DBBA72; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... robird.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 230px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#3C3226; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]
[html]

Clover was delighted when Niro accepted the small bit of meat from her. After all, he had been the one to catch it in the first place and it just didn’t seem fair to have him go hungry just for the sake of manners. He seemed to be a rather good fisherman, so she didn’t doubt that he’d catch another one, but the young coyote knew she’d feel bad if for whatever reason he couldn’t. She didn’t want it to seem like she had stolen a meal from him. A small smile played at his lips when he ate the meat and, comforted, Clover was able to settle back and relax as Niro tried his luck again at fishing.

There was a small silence that followed, but Niro easily filled it with questions for Clover. Both darkened ears perked at the sound of his voice, and her features softened. She didn’t mind the questions at all, and was rather enjoying the company. She was glad she had happened across Niro on her way further south. "Oh, sure I do." Clover actually had quite a few hobbies that she spent her free time focused on. "When I was younger, a friend showed me how to play this old human instrument. A guitar. So I like to make music sometimes; usually just whatever comes to my mind, really." Clover could easily picture the pearly white guitar tucked away in the relative security of her small shack. "And I love to grow things," she admitted, thinking then of the garden situated just outside. "Flowers, herbs, vegetables… anything, really." Perhaps her most important gardening endeavor was the marijuana. "How about you, love?"

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i235/ ... /Niro2.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat; padding-bottom:60px; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; line-height:13px; ">

Niro wasn’t having such quick luck this go around, he didn’t feel one bite at all this time, but he knew that it didn’t always happen right away, which now he was rather thankful for his new companion. He listened as she told him her variety of hobbies, he was use to hearing wolves say they didn’t have much for hobbies so he was quite impressed with Clovers little list. At her request he smiled. He have a few things he liked doing as well.

I’m a falconer myself, I train birds to help us hunt. I’m also the huntsman of my pack so I am around to keep everyone fed pretty much, not alone of course. I also enjoy working with wood, I can carve and help build things. There’s nothing better than repairing something so that it’s like new.

He said proudly, he knew these were things that he could be proud of, though Clover could grow herbs and plants, things that would heal, and share the love ove music with everyone, he didn’t have such a talent there, though he did enjoy it when his sister hummed a few odd tunes here and there, she did have a good voice for it. He had nothing like that.

Is it hard to grow things? I mean we have a kind of garden over in the Miracles pack, but it’s ovrergrown with weeds. I don’t think we have anyone who grows things in our pack though

He said thoughtfully as he remembered the little garden in front of the Chien hotel.

[/html]
[html]

After she was finished telling Niro about the few things that she liked to do in her spare time, Niro replied to her question and named off the things he had talent in. She listened eagerly, smiling all the while as her straw eyes studied his face, before flittering intermittently at the water where his line disappeared beneath the depths. She wasn’t surprised to hear about his endeavors in training birds, as Marahute was living proof at that. Clover looked again to the bird, seeing her now in perhaps a different light than she had before. The young coyote appreciated all of Mother Earth’s creatures, as they were all a part of life. She found it curious and somewhat amazing that Niro had found ways to communicate with the bird that would benefit him.

When he finished his list of things, Clover once again studied the young man’s face. She was not surprised by any of these talents, and realized that Niro would make quite a magnificent mate and father to someone one day. After all, he was both handsome and obviously extremely handy. The Miracles boy then turned another question in Clover’s direction, and she paused momentarily to think. "Oh, no... I don’t think so. I was taught some basic things about it – how to care for the plants and things – but it seems to be fairly easy for me. I think as long as you know what you’re doing, it’s pretty easy. You just have to have someone show you how." By all means, if Clover didn’t have such wonderful teachers like she had in Juniper Peace, she wouldn’t have known perhaps 90% of the things she did. "It just makes me feel part of Mother Earth’s plan when I plant – like I’m taking part in helping create life." There seemed to be a lot of spiritual energy connecting Clover to her hobby, and that was perhaps one of the biggest reason she found so much joy in it.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: ---

He listened to her, unaware that she was looking at him in fact his face turned to the soon to be setting sun, he knew he’d have to go home soon, but it wasn’t too far from where he was, he was just enjoying the quiet day, listening to the woman speak. Well that was good that it wasn’t too hard with help, though he wasn’t the type of wolf who had a green thumb someone else maybe but not him. The pole in his hand was as lifeless as ever, he decided to pull it in and find another part of the water the fish may be at, the bait was still there, though it had looked like it had been chewed on a few times. Niro frowned, he pulled off the bait replacing it with a bigger and more squirmy one throwing the already dead bait in the water for whatever fish to enjoy, then turned a little so he was facing a new direction before casting his line again.

It would be nice to help the earth out a little more. I do so by population control I suppose.

He chuckled a little, though he wasn’t aware that his joke might have been offensive to her. But he was right, though he just made it as a jest because his life was made of hunting and keeping his pack well fed. It also meant keeping the numbers of wild herbavores from eating all the plants imaginable by over breeding.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

As she spoke, Niro busied himself with his line again. It seemed after two successful catches that these fish had finally caught on. The bait that had been attached to the hook was tossed to the water below, and it had barely sunk below the surface of the water before straw eyes caught the glint of scales as a brave fish darted upwards to snatch the free food. With new bate on the hook, Niro readjusted his position and cast out his line once more. Maybe another unlucky fellow would come along and offer a bite, but it seemed only time would tell.

At his words, a half hearted chuckle escaped past her maw. Though she had gotten used to the idea of hunting and consuming the meat of other animals, Clover still felt some sense of guilt in it. It was part of Mother Earth’s plan to make their kind reliant upon the meat of other animals, and so she had come to adopt it into her lifestyle, but there was still the same compassion in her heart that made her want to compare the earth’s creatures on a level equal with herself, rather than just food.

Her gaze drifted from the water, where his line disappeared into its churning depths, out towards the horizon where the sun was beginning to sink lower and lower. A motley spattering of beautiful pastels and vibrant colors had begun to paint the clouds. Clover was realizing now that it was getting late in the day, and she would have to leave soon if she wanted to make it home before the only light guiding her was the moonlight. After all, she had quite the trek ahead of her. "The fish seemed to have gotten smarter," she commented with light amusement, as her straw eyes swept again to his still line.

<style>
</style>[/html]