Half of my heart
[html]
ooc

She'd been in and out of the territory for nearly the entire week. Ember had felt bad for leaving Lotus behind, but he had chosen to leave to go on his spiritual journey...so she no longer felt like she needed to come back to check in on him any more. She had gone to Phoenix Valley, Crimson Dreams, and even up by Inferni before heading back to AniWaya. The warrior had no weapons on her, a fact that made her feel a bit naked as she walked past the borderline and into the rest of the territory. She'd chosen to go without since discovering that she was pregnant; her belly now had a slightly noticeable bump, a distinct shape on her normally taut torso. She had decided that she would run away from danger rather than try and fight it and risk losing any of the pups.

The sub-leader neared the horse barns after a fair bit of walking and went into the stables, finding Bayard's stall and going inside. The horse made a little room for her, moving over and nosing her as she reached for the comb and brush. He had been outside for most of the day, but now it was late afternoon and he was beginning to settle in for the evening. She brushed his two-toned coat in long strokes, breathing in his peculiar horsey scent. It was good to be back in AniWaya. It had been great to visit Geneva, but she had missed home. The gray woman had given her some advice, too, advice that she planned on following. Ember continued to brush the horse, her mind buzzing, hand moving in steady strokes across his wide back.

[/html]
[html]<style type="text/css">.dawaligifter b {font-weight:bold; color:#724826; letter-spacing:1px; }
.dawaligifter-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#978b89; text-align:left;}.dawaligifter p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}.dawaligifter {margin:0 auto; width:436px; background-color:#2f1a15; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... gift02.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #978b89; padding: 190px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#978b89; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}.dawaligifter-border1 {width:438px; border:1px solid #2d2921; margin:0 auto;}.dawaligifter-line1 {width:406px; border-bottom:1px dotted #724826; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}</style>

I am fail, and I'm reallyreallyreally sorry Sad

Approaching the stable, Dawali didn't know whether he was disappointed or relieved at the lack of foals this year around. None had been born, and it seemed as if none of the mares carried any foals, either. It was too soon to see, perhaps. Having more of them would be great for their tribe, should the need for any act of war or grand hunt occur, but having less of them meant less energy spent on caring for them. Particularly foals and mares that carried foals often worried him through the winter, much as he worried for his tribesmembers, because it was not always easy to check that everyone had what they needed to get through those months. They winter was not represented by the skull for no reason. But his thoughts could not continue onto that subject, as the scent of Ember
drove itself into his senses, and he began to look for her instead. And sure enough, there was the scent of her horse as well; she must be tending him. Walking up and into the stable quite loudly, so as not to take her by surprise, he called out her name as soon as he had her in sight. "Ember, you here?" Yellow eyes flashed onto her belly for a split second; was she..? He had not known of this, but it was not his place to ask, and he kept his mouth firmly shut and sought eye contact instead.

[/html]
[html]
Me tooo, don't worry <3

A few of the younger horses from the previous season were beginning to enter their adult stages, slowly but surely. She could see the spark in their eyes lessen a bit as they grew older and wiser and lost some of their youthful energy. Many of the young stallions still had some spunk left in them, but the mares seemed to settle more quickly into the adult routine. The youngsters didn't play as much any more.

Lotus had been gone for a little while now. It was different inside her spacious den without him, and she missed him a lot. He'd kept her going some of those nights, had kept her from giving up on things like she'd done in the past. She didn't want to go back to her old ways, but without her warrior duties and tribal duties she wondered what life would be like. So far she was handling it alright.

Her brush stroked gently over Bayard's back, and she whispered quietly to the horse as she brushed him. He was rather upset with her, she knew...he hadn't liked that she had gone out of the territory for so long without him. He could see that she had drained herself of energy from the long walk up around the other territories. She conversed with him in low tones as she brushed, getting tangles out of his mane and tail when she was finished brushing his coat.

Dawali seemed to appear out of nowhere, his voice very suddenly calling out near the stable door. She paused in her brushing to look up, surprised. Ember had known she would have to talk to him, but her heart thudded nervously in her chest nonetheless. She turned to hang the brush back up on its nail, then faced the leader.
"I meant to find you..ta talk to you"
She said awkwardly.
[/html]
[html]<style type="text/css">.dawaligifter b {font-weight:bold; color:#724826; letter-spacing:1px; }
.dawaligifter-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#978b89; text-align:left;}.dawaligifter p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}.dawaligifter {margin:0 auto; width:436px; background-color:#2f1a15; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... gift02.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #978b89; padding: 190px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#978b89; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}.dawaligifter-border1 {width:438px; border:1px solid #2d2921; margin:0 auto;}.dawaligifter-line1 {width:406px; border-bottom:1px dotted #724826; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}</style>

Man. I have 3 threads on this guy that are not joining threads, and they are all outdated. I should just stop trying... Also, Dawali's going to want to approach Ember about the pups she had.. :/

She started, almost, looking up from her activities. The russet male moved closer, but remained at a clear distance as Ember hung her tools in their place and turned to speak to him. She was more awkward than she should be.. wasn't she? Or perhaps it was him who was acting strange. Yellow eyes glanced at her tummy again before they settled on the emerald greens that just by being there drew so much attention to the dark female's face. Dawali smiled as if not having any thoughts at all, but he did, and he shifted his weight around, trying not to move his hands. "I was headed past, but noticed you were here, so I thought I'd drop in and say hi." He paused and managed to find a stable standing position. "What was it you wanted to talk about?" They didn't speak that often, the two leaders, but it wasn't always necessary, either.

[/html]