Enthusiastic Cloud
She grimaced herself when she saw him hit his finger, almost as if she'd struck her own. Naniko had been laying down near the top of the grassy hill for the better part of the day, watching. She hadn't wanted to get involved in something that she knew nothing about, making...whatever it was he was making...so she'd stayed there and observed. She didn't have a lot of energy nowadays, but was slowly getting back to a more normal routine of eating and sleeping. She'd have to, if she was going to survive the winter alone.

Just a few days before Davinci had called her and Laruku to him, to tell them that he was leaving to go and look for Magdalena. She hadn't wanted him to go, had almost gone with him, even...but had ended up staying. She'd always said that Conri was the only one that would make her leave the lands, if he wanted to go that she would follow, but even now that he was gone she felt tied down to them. Where would she go if she left? She wouldn't be satisfied with following Davinci everywhere...and he'd probably get annoyed with her after a while. They did get along, but there was only so much you could take of one person at one time.

Naniko could almost recognize the German word that the new wolf had shouted, but not quite. She'd been studying the language for a while, now, but hadn't ever had the chance to practice it with somebody else. She wasn't even sure that what Jasper was speaking /was/ German.

She decided to rise, and started limping down the hill toward him. She'd watched for a little while, long enough to get a general idea of what he was trying to do with the nails and wood.

"Do you want some help?" She tried to put a friendly edge on her voice, but found it harder than usual. "I'm not too good, with my leg the way it is, but I've built stuff before"
[html]

Rusalki was generally a very good friend, especially when it came to keeping Jasper focused on a task that he was trying to complete. It was Rusalki that had helped Jasper get in good with the group of Germans who'd brought him over the ocean and to this place, that was, after a quick stop off in their home land. They'd been traders, or at least that was what the boy had gathered during his time on their ship. "I'll rig up a pulley system." His words came out of the blue, answering a question that no one else had heard. A smile and a nod accompanied that answer also, somewhat pleased that he knew well enough to make a pulley system to get the pieces of his house up into the tree.

Had the white wolf not spoken it was likely that Jasper wouldn't have paid enough attention to even know she was there. Two toned eyes sought her out almost immediately, somewhat paranoid that she might have heard him speaking with his friend. "You should be on crutches." The blonde de le Poer boy commented, using his free hand to motion at her limp. "It'd help your leg get better faster, you wouldn't be walking on it so much." Of course, Jasper had to remember that things in this place were far less advanced than the places that he'd come from. Before, he could have simply walked down to the market and hired other wolves to build his home or even have gone to the local medic's house for some crutches, but it wasn't so here, just like Corona had said.

"Y'can help if you want but you shouldn't if it's gonna hurt you more." There was a quiet sort of tone to his voice when he spoke, one that harbored pain that he'd been doing his best to hide since he'd arrived here. "Jasper de le Poer." He offered, cracking a forced smile as he watched her limp toward him.

[/html]
[html]

She had heard that some of that family had been coming, the de le Poer family...but she hadn't believed it until this morning. She'd smelled him around the borders, the old alpha from the past...Ahren. When he had arrived with her aunt Misery Naniko hadn't been very surprised. And now this one was here too? She narrowed her eyes a little as she watched him. He didn't seem bad, but then...maybe he was hiding something.

She didn't know what to think. She hadn't liked Ahren at all; he'd been arrogant. She couldn't stand arrogant wolves. She'd survived here without him as her leader for an entire year, and for him to come to /her/ pack and demand automatic respect? No way. She looked at Jasper, seeing it in his features for the first time. He did look a bit like Ahren.

But maybe he wasn't like his father. Sometimes kids grew up different than their parents; Naniko was a good example of that rule. The entire D'angelo family was twisted, full of hate...but she'd grown up different from them. In a more peaceful environment. If she'd grown up with Roman and Misery it might have been different, but she hadn't. The only ties that she had to the family right now was her name.

"Sie sprechen Deutsches?" She asked first, questioningly. "You speak German?" That was the first thing that she wanted to know. "I'm Naniko D'angelo. I think your family and mine are connected. Or...were. When I was a child both families lived in the same packlands."

He was worried about her leg. She didn't want to get hurt worse either, so she nodded as she answered. "Maybe I could read the instructions to you? Is there a book? I could read it while you put it together. That's one thing that I'm not too bad at, reading"

[/html]
[html]

If anything at all, Jasper was the odd one out in his family. He didn't hold the quick anger that his father seemed to, the arrogant ways he put off sometimes. He wasn't crazy, at least he didn't think so, like he often thought that his aunt was. Tegan, his closest sister, she was adventurous and rebellious, Jasper was not. Jasper was the quiet and broken type, often keeping to himself and speaking only with his ghost friend. The one quality that would keep him in the stereotype of his family was the love that he held, or moreso, for who he held it. Gin, his own cousin, and that was what made him a D'Angelo.

"Nur ein wenig." He said quietly, nodding a bit before translating for her. "Just a little. I learned a bit on a boat with a bunch of Russian sailors." He didn't know what quite to call them other than sailors, they were more like traders. He'd met them in town at the docks, they'd offered to take him to where he needed to go if he agreed to help out. It was odd to him, really, how things worked so differently in the two places. He went from sailing country to country bartering goods to a place that didn't seem at all advanced like the places across seas. "My Aunt's name is D'Angelo. My mother's too." He spoke more quietly when he mentioned his mother, a sadness there. "Misery and Matinee." He hadn't seen his mother in ages.

Jasper leaned over rather suddenly, digging about the pile of supplies that he'd gathered with the help of his sister. Finally, from beneath the pile, Jasper pulled out the book that he'd picked up while in the city. "I have this but I guess stuff like this is easier if you just do it. I wanna paint it, the inside of it, and I'm thinking I should do it before I put it together." It was a bit of a questioning statement, fishing for whether or not she agreed that he should paint it before putting it together.

[/html]
[html]

Sometime she felt out of the loop, with things going on around her that she didn’t always understand. She didn’t know what had happened in the year since Ahren had left them. She did hold some contempt for the coyote for his actions, but Jasper seemed nice enough…not like Ahren. She was glad that he was accepting her help—she did like to feel useful. It seemed like half of her life had been spent recovering from some injury or another. Physical and emotional both.

”I see—Misery is my aunt, too. Well…sort of. I think she’s my great aunt. Her sister is your mother—so…your mother is my great aunt, too? I’m not sure. When family lines get twisted together, things get confusing. I think we’d be cousins, maybe. But really far apart” She was glad to have discovered this; when was having more family members not a good thing? He had some of the evil D’angelo in him, but, like in her case, it didn’t seem to be showing.

”Sure, that sounds good. I can help with that, if you don’t mind me trying…I love painting. There’s a shed out in the human city that I paint stuff on sometimes”

She came closer, looking at the supplies. ”Where did you get all of this? Did you haul it back from the city?”
[/html]
[html]

Somehow Jasper wasn't at all surprised to find out that they were related. He'd already learned a thing or two about his family since he had arrived, like the fact that he had more brothers and sisters than he'd thought and, like most of the ones from his litter, the other ones didn't seem to interested in having anything to do with him. He was used to that fact though, thus is hardly hurt his feelings at all, or he liked to pretend that it didn't. "I've got two brothers and three sisters, too." He commented idly, not sure if she really cared whether or not she had more family than just him. "I live in Europe with them and my mom and dad, Aunt Misery, and Gin." When he spoke the name Gin his voice grew quiet, almost sad. He missed his cousin.

"My sister, Corona, she helped me find most of it. I've brought it all over here from the city the past few days." It had been a lot of work and a lot of going back and forth but, for the most part, he'd gotten all of the important things over. "Do ya got any suggestions for color? I just brought over a whole bunch of paint, can't really decide what color I was the thing to be." To him, only the inside really mattered, since that would be what he was forced to look at. Did he have a favorite color? No, not really, which was why he was so open to the idea of a stranger suggesting a color or, rather, a semi-stranger. "So Aunt Misery lived here too? Did you know Gin?"

[/html]