Really random question, please halp?
Okay, so, I kind of need to know a rough estimate of how long a sea voyage from Japan to Freetown/Nova Scotia would take in the 'Soulsverse. I know it'll be a long ass time, but I don't know how to figure out a more concrete number x.x Anyone have any idea?
When Ryan left 'Souls, I tried to figure out how long it would take her to get over to Europe. I looked online for the average speed of a small schooner, figured out the distance, did a little math, and voilà! It turned out be be something around a month or so. I don't know if anyone else has a better way of figuring it out, but I'd be happy to look up those numbers for you!
That would be wonderful if you could :o The boat would probably be a medium sized merchant vessel, though I'm not a nautical person so I don't know any specific names or anything of the sort XD I was also wondering if the Panama Canal would be a viable passage, but my guess is probably not?
Alrighty, I looked up cargo ships and read that they average speeds of 18-22 knots. So going with 20 knots, figuring there would be variable weather and such, that would mean the ship traveled at 23.016 miles/hour. I'm not sure how the best way to figure out the distance, but I just did a quick 'Japan to Nova Scotia' on google maps, and came up with 16,908 km, which is ~10506.144 mi. Figuring the ship sailed all 24 hours out of the day, they'd average a distance of about 552.384 miles. So the whole voyage would take about 20 days, if they sailed continuously. So then you need to factor in any stops along the way, to pick up supplies and such, and change the number of days to reflect that! (I might even turn down the number of hours sailed in a day depending on the crew of the ship and whether or not they decided to anchor at times.)

Hope this helps a little! (And correct me, anyone, if I did my calculations wrong! :3)
Ok, awesome! That's super duper helpful, thanks so much Anna! <333 ^^
No problem~! Big Grin