You say Goodbye, but I say Hello
[html]

Rikka's leaving for a while, but no worries! She will be back at some point ^^

There was no questioning it any longer, she was pregnant. When she had become nauseous and fatigued she figured that she had simply caught a cold or some other illness, so she had stayed mostly to herself and rested, not wanting to expose anyone else to what she had. Then her appetite had increased and she had wanted to eat more and more often than she had in months. Rikka was usually a delicate eater, but she had been unable to deny her stomach the food it demanded. As a result, her body had put on weight, but she had thought little of it. She was eating more so she was gaining weight. The woman had figured it was nothing more complicated then that. When her stomach began to bulge though, she became curious. Could there be a deeper reason for all of this?

Rikka had dismissed that thought almost at once though. It had been months since she had slept with anyone. To her, the night she had spent drinking and talking with Strelein was a blur and there was no memory as to how things had ended up that evening. Her stomach continued to grow little by little though, and the other day she had felt movement. It had brought the woman to tears. Her hands had gone to cradle that still fairly small bump. Life. There was life growing inside of her. Something she had always hoped for, always wanted, and yet had feared that she would never be blessed with. Here it was, happening and she hadn't even known it until now. She still did not really understand how, but things must have gone further that night with the red headed man. It really was the only possibly explanation.

In those first few moments of certainty, everything had changed. Everything in the de le Poer's life and heart and mind had become centered on that life that steadily grew in her. She wanted nothing but the best for them. The decision had come somewhat reluctantly, but she knew that it was what she wanted for them. Rikka was going to leave. While Cour des Miracles had indeed proved a better home than Inferni had for her, she hadn't made many friends and still hadn't quite felt herself here. There was one place though that had never brought her anything but peace and happiness, and that was The Haight. It was nice here, but there was still conflict and prejudice and hate lurking around every corner. All her babies would have to do was step outside the border to see it. In the commune though, they would always be surrounded by people who would love them nearly as much as she did. They would grow up with peace in their hearts, not conflict as she had lived with for so long. More than anything else, Rikka wanted that for her children.

So, the metallic hued hybrid had packed up her things. The shack she would leave as it was. Perhaps it could serve as someone else's home, or hopefully it would be waiting here for her for whenever she would return. Returning was something she did intend to do, eventually, so the children could know their father. Being in the community of the hippie commune though she deemed more important to their developing days than knowing the man that had sired them. Still, there was some guilt in her, running off without saying a word to Strelein, so she penned a quick note to him:

Strelein,
I am leaving for a while, back to the place that has always given me the most peace of anywhere in the world. I think I need to return there to finish healing as well as some other things. I had fun with you, that night, and I hope that you won't forget me while I'm gone. I won't forget you. I'll be back someday, but until then I hope happiness and luck stays with you.
With Love,
Rikka

Her pack over her shoulder, she stopped by the hotel and laid the letter inside, figuring it would get to him from there by one way or another. Rikka exited the building and breathed in the fresh air. Hopefully she would make it back to the commune before she gave birth. She thought she had enough time, but only the future would tell. For Rikka, for the first time in a long time, the future was seeming brighter than the past. A serene smile on her face, and a hand on her belly, she walked north out of Cour des Miracles.

<style type="text/css">
.rikkacolorsmoke b {font-weight:bold; color:#6F5A9D; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.rikkacolorsmoke-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:right; }
.rikkacolorsmoke p {text-indent:20px; padding:3px 10px; margin:0px;}
.rikkacolorsmoke {margin:0 auto; width:406px; background-color:#FFFFFF; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... smoke2.jpg); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #928BBB; padding: 216px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#287BB5; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]