Heys, the fields for pixel values on avatar options in my controls are gone. I suppose it's supposed to be gone, but why? Any chance of getting them back?
I love automatic scaling Sad It automatically sizes your image for you, so I thought it was a superb idea. :o
QUOTE (Dawali Amara @ Aug 14 2010, 10:19 AM)
Heys, the fields for pixel values on avatar options in my controls are gone. I suppose it's supposed to be gone, but why? Any chance of getting them back?[/quote]
I've noticed it seems some of the new members and such were having trouble with entering the pixels (I've been seeing a lot of awkwardly stretched images) so I figured it would just make life easier for everyone if the board automatically scaled avatar images for you. It's an easy fix though, so if many people object it can easily be reversed. I just thought it might save everyone some hassle. :3
is there a way to make it both ways? if the fields are left blank they will be resized??
Well as you can see it makes my AW avatar stretched. Is the only way I can fix it to fill in transparent areas on either side in photoshop, so that the scaler doesn't stretch my image? Sad 'cause the auto scaler obviously fails on my image, which is 173x200 pixels originally.

Edit: from what the info bit on the scaler tells me, it seems to shrink your image to 200x200 pixels should it be larger than that, not solving the problem of stretching on rectangular images at all. Or is it just not working for my avatar for some weird reason?

- Marit wrote this
QUOTE (AniWaya @ Aug 14 2010, 11:50 AM)
Is the only way I can fix it to fill in transparent areas on either side in photoshop, so that the scaler doesn't stretch my image? Sad[/quote]
[Image: aniw.png]
D: Oh, well that sucks. I really thought that it would be smart enough to recognize and set picture resolutions, and then scale down images that are bigger than the alloted 200x200. I guess this is not the case. I'll go ahead and set it back to how it was before. (I thought I'd be super handy dandy and implore an easy fix. I guess it just wasn't so easy. XD)
Too bad Sad I too would have loved it to pieces if it did that Sad

And thanks, Lin! I'll upload it to my own photobucket so it won't take space on your host Smile <3
Unfortunately, our server configuration appears to not allow for php to retrieve information from external files* -- this means that the board has no way of knowing what dimensions files from external URLs are, so it automatically resizes things to 200x200. Auto-resizing should still work for uploaded avatars.

* This is probably because it's a security issue for pieces of code that may not thoroughly check the contents of external files because using them, opening them up for a variety of bad things. While I believe our forum's code is pretty secure in this sense, since we're on a shared server, our host chooses to have the option disabled just in case.
After talking to our awesome host, it seems we can get the option modified so the info retrieval is allowed for us alone, so the avatar autosizing may work soon! Just hang tight. :3
Okay. Auto-resizing of avatars is now turned on and should actually work. Wee. Only took like three hours of making support think I'm an idiot, lolololol. x3
Kiri, you are the Souls god. XD *grovels at your feet*
Thanks so much, Kiri! <3
Yay! Big Grin