Joining
Character Name: Aithne
Character Birthdate: November 11, 2009
Am I a Regular Wolf or Luperci?: Regular Wolf
Species: Tundra Wolf (Canis lupus albus)
Secondary Form of Contact: None (Unless you want my Gmail address)
Currently Played Characters: None; this will be my first Smile
How I Found 'Souls: I Googled "Wolf RPG", and clicked on the link for the Top 50 Wolf RPGs, and 'Souls was the only one I really liked

Initial Post:
Aithne padded nervously through the tall, whispering weeds, her sharp grey eyes appearing and disappearing between the stems. She was exhausted and hungry, having had little sleep and nothing to eat within the last three days. Aithne suddenly stopped short. She lifted her small, angular head above the sea of green and brown weeds, and pricked her ears. A strong scent of wolf wafted into her nostrils. Aithne's nose quivered. She was very near a territory border, she immediately knew. Aithne was washed with hope. She had been wandering aimlessly for at least three moon cycles, praying ferverently to the goddess of the moon that she would stumble upon an accepting pack of wolves. Aithne padded to the border, and let a sad, anguished howl tear itself from her throat. She had not meant to sound so pitiful, but she was hungry and utterly exhausted, and thus could not help it. Aithne waited for the last echos of her cry to die away, and then pricked up her ears and listened intently. Surely someone had heard her?
[html]<style type="text/css">.dawaligifter02a b {font-weight:bold; color:#e1cba7; letter-spacing:1px; }.dawaligifter02a-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#4e3c1f; text-align:center;}.dawaligifter02a p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}.dawaligifter02a {margin:0 auto; width:338px; background-color:#c3974e; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ift02a.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #d5d3c5; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#4e3c1f; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}.dawaligifter02a-border1 {width:340px; border:1px solid #4e3c1f; margin:0 auto;}.dawaligifter02a-line1 {width:308px; border-bottom:1px dotted #e1cba7; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}</style>

Hi there, welcome! Big Grin Just a quick note; this RPG is set in present-time, so you may want to fix your character's birthdate Smile Also sorry for the little wait, there's a 7 hour time difference between the Americas and Norway, where I am Smile

Russet ears poked upwards as the howl reached them, and one of them quickly dropped for a moment as Dawali considered the sound of it. It was quite... sad. Should the medic in him worry? He loved his profession, loved being able to help others, but the ideal world had no need for his services. Considering the matter, he decided that there was no need to worry, probably, yet he was not able to completely convince himself. In his lifetime, he'd seen so many strange things. He put his weaving work down and got up, seeing no point in waiting, and strode out of his hut immediately. It was not too far, as he had chosen this place for his den with that very function in mind; it was almost dead center in their claimed land, and equally close to the border on either side. He walked for some time, and though it didn't feel like long to him, he had the benefit of knowing his route, of familiarity, and he did not think that anywhere in his tribe's lands was far away, so used to walking its paths. He spotted her quickly as the tree-line broke and open sky let light down onto the field, and she stood unprotected. Walking up to her with one arm raised in greeting, his two long legs covered ground easily. She looked weary, and he thought he knew what she sought. "Greetings. I'm Dawali Amara, the Chief around these parts. You called for me?"

[/html]
So sorry about the birthdate... twas a typo x)

Aithne lowered her head, brought her belly close to the earth, and tucked her tail between her slender back legs in a display of respect.
"Greetings, Chief Dawali Amara." She said in a humble tone.
"Yes, indeed I did call for you. My name is Aithne, and I am seeking to become a member of your pack." She said.
"I have been wandering alone for no less than three moon cycles. My pads are bruised and bleeding, and my stomach has been empty for three days and nights. I am weary. My soul has grown tired of the loneliness, and I come to you requesting acceptance."
[html]<style type="text/css">.dawaligifter02a b {font-weight:bold; color:#e1cba7; letter-spacing:1px; }.dawaligifter02a-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#4e3c1f; text-align:center;}.dawaligifter02a p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}.dawaligifter02a {margin:0 auto; width:338px; background-color:#c3974e; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ift02a.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #d5d3c5; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#4e3c1f; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}.dawaligifter02a-border1 {width:340px; border:1px solid #4e3c1f; margin:0 auto;}.dawaligifter02a-line1 {width:308px; border-bottom:1px dotted #e1cba7; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}</style>

Okies, well I'll still need the real birthdate, so if you could add edit it into the form in the first post, that'd be nice Smile Also, when it comes to length, here we aim to try and write around at least 200 words for each post, or to match the length of the other poster. We're not incredibly picky, but the length should preferably be longer than that of your previous post. Smile

She displayed, despite her obvious weariness, control of herself as she posed for him, submissively. The chief merely nodded, by now so used to newcomers behaving this way that he found himself taking less and less notice of it. When he was a newcomer in his rank, he had not been comfortable with it, but as the bitter truths about the responsibilities he held unveiled themselves to him one by one (and in the most unpleasant fashion), he saw the necessity of these displays. He saw their function, and gradually stopped asking newcomers not to do it. It was not that he liked it, because it carried little meaning to him personally, but as long as he donned the dominating stance of the Chief, the jigsaw could only be completed if the tribesmembers he led danced the dance, as well. He nodded again as Aithne put forward her mission; it came as no surprise. She looked in need of a home, but he had to know that she had not merely come to eat their food and enjoy their protection. "I see. You certainly look like you could need a rest," he paused, and smiled at her, gently. Even if his view on life was growing more bitter by the day, his polite behavior did not change. "I would be glad to take you in as one of us, but I would need to know that you can work to earn that place in our ranks. Do you have any skills that we can benefit from?"

[/html]
Sorries!!! I forgot to edit that post earlier...but is fixed now. Oh and I'm sorry about the length of my previous post, I'm still a little confused as to how all of this is supposed to work. Thanks for the tip though, it helped bunches! ^_^
Oh quick question...are we looking at my character's age through a human perspective or a wolf perspective? 15 would be a rather old wolf...

Aithne relaxed her posture, but only slightly; her lean, wiry muscles were beginning to ache. She was incredibly impressed by the raw power and authority that rippled beneath Chief Dawali's russet coat, and seemingly screamed from his authoritative stance. However, despite his obvious authoritative position, Aithne could sense that Chief Dawali Amara was somehow displeased...not necessarily with her, nor the fact that she was requesting acceptance into his pack, but something entirely more complex...it seemed as if he were displeased with...life? Aithne shook this thought loose from her mind. It was something to mull over at a later time.

"I do possess skills that you and your pack may benefit from, however, I am still very young, and therefor inexperienced." She said, nervousness creeping into her voice.
"My hunting skills are average, although I am a reasonably good tracker. In my old pack (Which has long since disbanded), I was a seer's apprentice, and thus my skill with herbs and medicines are exceptional. My mentor also taught me a bit of astrology, and I can read the stars to determine date, location, direction, etc."

Thank you! Smile And yes, you are correct; we see the world in wolf years here, and a 15 year old wolf = 105 years old human Wink Have a little look here for a scale we made to fit with this RPG, and you can choose the right age you're going for there! The rest of the guide is really useful, too (I use it a lot), so don't be afraid to poke around on it. There's a guide there on writing, too, with handy tips Big Grin

He nodded again as she answered his question, and it seemed as if she grew more nervous now, though he changed nothing in his position. This was another thing he had come to learn about newcomers; some of them would remain nervous, and there was nothing he could do. Liliana still presented with fumbling or a shaky voice, sometimes a light stutter, and she had been here for a while now. It was just different wolves being different, and the only thing he could do was to be himself. He hoped that, sooner or later, they would all understand that he was not to be feared; he was the one protecting them from the ones to be feared. But he would force nothing, and merely maintained his polite smile towards her. More seers, more that could read the stars. Perhaps Ralla could find comfort in this one; the young female had seemed quite upset when she tumbled into their ranks some days back. He smiled brightly at her mention of herbs; this was something he could talk about! "Your skills certainly are diverse. There are some herbalists in our tribe, but few; I am, additionally, the current Master Healer, and we do need more. This is a path open to you should you choose to take it." Eager to learn the extent of her knowledge, Dawali completely forgot to mention that she had just skipped into their ranks rather effortlessly. "I'll be headed back to the Village; can show you the way if you'd like."

[/html]
Thanks so much for clearing that up for me ^_^ My character's birthdate is now fixed, hopefully for good this time.
Question: When I check my post length it only tells me how many characters, not how many words. So approximately how many characters is an appropriate post length??

Aithne was ecstatic to learn that she had been accepted as a member of the AniWaya pack without having put forth much effort. Aithne rose to her feet, stretching her slender hind legs. Her tail was whipping about her hindquarters furiously, and her ears were laid flat against her skull, giving the young she-wolf an expression of pure excitement. She shyly walked to Chief Dawali and licked the bottom of his chin in a show of gratitude.

"Thank you so much, Chief Dawali Amara! I swear on the stars that I will work hard and contribute to the pack. You will not regret your decision of allowing me to become a member of your pack. I will make sure of that." She said, her voice solemn and full of sincerity.
Aithne, despite her weariness, was full of youthful excitement. She couldn't hold in a yip of joy as she followed Chief Dawali across the AniWaya border.
Welcome to 'Souls!

Congratulations! You've been accepted into the craziest bunch of roleplayers on the vast Internet! Please remember to make your first In Character post within five days.

Not sure where or how to start roleplaying? You can check the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for a list of open threads, as well as tons of people looking to plot out adventures with your new character! You can also start your own thread and see what kinds of interesting characters turn up for you. If you haven't already, please update your profile with detailed information on your character -- it'll help others get a feel for him/her, which in turn will help generate thread ideas.

You can also start doing other cool things like:

• Earning Word of the Day points, which can get you custom titles and even icons!
  • Fulling requirements for the Catacombs, our IC and OOC achievement system.
  • Participate in general chats and discussions in OOC Garbage.

You can find general roleplay help and guidelines, as well as a wealth of information on our werewolves and the 'Soulsverse on the RP Guide. Don't feel pressured to read it all at once though! The guide is a huge resource and is meant to be used as a reference for various aspects of the game. If you're feeling lost or confused, don't hesitate to post a question in Roleplay Related, or to seek out a Mentor.