bull in a china shop
[html]

Backdated to August 31st! 300+ words.

The pregnant woman had been keeping her distance from Pippa since her conversation with Anu, though she had remained close to the house they shared. She did not venture out into unclaimed territory, even to the house in the city, for fear that she would worry Pippa or cause harm to the little ones inside her. Lolita did not know how she was going to be able to tell Pippa that she was pregnant, though she was very much showing. The only way that Pippa might not be certain of Lolita's condition was if they had been avoiding one another, and though this might not be true for Pippa, it was the case for Lolita. Except for when she was out hunting easy game to feed herself and life within her, Lolita had been shut into her room alone, only seeing Pippa briefly or speaking through her door.

Lolita was ashamed that this could have happened, especially now. Of course, she knew how it had happened, and she knew when. It had been the visit she had made to the beach near Cour des Miracles and her encounter with the gray boy, Niro. Eventually, the flamboyant woman knew that she would need to tell him what had happened. Even if she had not thought this could happen, she could not deny that it did not happen alone, and Niro deserved to know... Eventually. Not now. Lolita had far too much going on for her to even consider going to speak to Niro now. The journey was a far one, as well, and despite her usual tendencies, Lolita was being very careful to keep herself healthy and take care of her body and those she carried. They had become important to her.

Heart hammered heavily in her chest as Lolita eased the door to her room open, stepping as quietly as her new heavy body could into the hallway. She stood for a moment in front of Pippa's door, her nerves frayed and mind scrambling. This was not something she wanted to do, but she knew that she must. "Pippa, I... need to talk to you," she said softly, rapping on the door gently, her other hand cradling her stomach.

<style type="text/css">
.vice b {font-weight:bold; color:#E766AA; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.vice-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:arial, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:left; }
.vice p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.vice {margin:0 auto; width:350px; background-color:#500202; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... u/vice.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #E766AA; padding: 5px 0px 250px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#FCAED7; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
.vice-line1 {width:320px; border-bottom:1px dotted #E766AA; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Big Grin! I <3 j00! Sorry i took so long >.<
WC:300+
Word of the day! Kenspeckle (really awkward word, just btw XD)

Pippa was dozing in her bed when the knock and subtle voice greeted her from the other side of the door. She was silent for a moment,simply staring at the source of the intruding sound, knowing Lolita was on the other side. The red and white female had been feeling lonely of late, Lolita had seemed to be avoiding her. The voice in the back of her mind nagged at her, saying that Lolita was coming now after days of avoidance to tell her to go. She had accepted Pippa into the pack, could she not kick her out as well? Then there was that sinking feeling in the pit of her stomach, the same one she'd had that first day they'd come home to this place together.

"I'm here," Pippa called out softly, as she got up to wander to the door and rest her head against it a moment. She couldn't bring herself to open it, her hand simply wouldn't move to the doorknob. "What is it Loli?"

It couldn't be that Lolita was kicking her out of the pack, Pippa knew after thinking logically for a moment. Even if she didn't want her here in the house, she wouldn't throw her out. Pippa had a feeling it was different than anything her fears could have anticipated. Lolita wasn't a bashful one, she had never been one to keep from speaking her mind. This had to be something big, something she'd not wanted to tell Pippa.

The confused Pippa couldn't take it anymore, whatever it was she had to be brave. She had to show Lolita she would be there, always love her, and no matter what never leave her alone. If she was to have Lolita believe in her devotion, the least she could do was have whatever this conversation was face to face.

Slowly She began to open the door, kenspeckle nervousness on her face.

<style type="text/css">
.virtue b {font-weight:bold; color:#EE4A0E; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.virtue-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:arial, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right; }
.virtue p {text-indent:40px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.virtue {margin:0 auto; width:350px; background-color:#F4DBB5; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... virtue.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #EE4A0E; padding: 200px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#F5790D; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
.virtue-line1 {width:320px; border-bottom:1px dotted #F5790D; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Two days is not a wait, bb. xD 300+ words.

Truthfully, Lolita did not know what Pippa had been doing with herself during the days and nights now that she belonged to Dahlia de Mai, just as she did not know everything that she had done before coming here. They had been separated for so long and they had both changed. The creamy woman knew that she, in particular, had changed far more than drastically. Even physically she was different. Not only was she deceased, but she kept her hair dyed a fiery red and she had a tattoo visible through the very thin fur of her forehead. She was incapable of taking her lupus form. Everything about her was different, physically and emotionally and even mentally.

She did not know if Pippa would still love her now. Lolita was not the same as she had been the last time they were together. Especially now, she was pregnant. After meeting Anu, Lolita had come to realize this as true, as much as it pained her. She had never believed it possible for herself, but if it was (and it certainly was), why did it have to happen now? It was terrible timing, but she knew that she had already been a few weeks along when Pippa had come to the borders. She had not yet known fo her condition, but it had certainly been there, all the signs present and seemingly ignored by Lolita.

"Pippa," she said quietly, speaking through the closed door, "I'm pregnant." She did not know what else she could say about it—everything and nothing. What else could she possibly say? Lolita was a smoker, a drinker, and kind of promiscuous. This was not the same Lolita that Pippa knew. Hell, even her name was different, the Haskel having been dropped from her name immediately after her death.

<style type="text/css">
.vice-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:arial, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:left; }
.vice {margin:0 auto; width:350px; background-color:#500202; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... u/vice.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #E766AA; padding: 5px 0px 250px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#FCAED7; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
.vice-line1 {width:320px; border-bottom:1px dotted #E766AA; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Slowpoke Kate has a short attention span :c
WC:200+

Pippa was unable to say much for a few moments. She just stared, her eyes slowly tracing their way down to Lolita's swollen stomach. Pregnant. Lolita was with child.

"How? She heard herself whisper, but she knew how. She knew well enough the act that was necessary for the conceiving of pups. The implications hit her, Lolita had been with another. All this time, these long months she had only thought of Lolita. She had no right to feel betrayed, but she did. It wasn't Lolita's fault that Pippa had been gone, it was Pippa's fault for being weak. She wasn't there to save Lolita from herself. The distant, almost pathetically hopeful, thought occurred to Pippa that perhaps it wasn't an encounter of a consensual nature. But as she let her gaze fixate on Lolita's eyes, she had the feeling that that was far from the truth.

She should have known, really. Perhaps somewhere deep down, she had. She had hoped, and blindly believed, that her Lolita's devotion was as steady as Pippa's own. It was a naive thought, Pippa realized now. Denial and rose tinted vision has kept her from thinking on things she should have. The sickness, the weight gain, the avoidance. She hadn't been blind to it, but she hadn't let her mind wander to distrustful places.

"I mean, who?" Pippa shook her head, and averted her eyes. She didn't want to be having this conversation, she didn't want this to be real.

<style type="text/css">
.virtue-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:arial, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right; }
.virtue {margin:0 auto; width:350px; background-color:#F4DBB5; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... virtue.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #EE4A0E; padding: 200px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#F5790D; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
.virtue-line1 {width:320px; border-bottom:1px dotted #F5790D; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

300+

This was not something she wanted to be telling Pippa. Lolita knew it was going to hurt her, and she had never wanted that to happen. Unfortunately, it was something she needed to say. There was no denying it, and also... It was necessary for Pippa to realize how much Lolita had changed. The flamboyant woman stood still, allowing the rust and white woman to absorb the shock of the information she was sharing now. A long, long time ago, she had wished to be able to tell these words to Pippa, but they would have been planned, a joyous moment. This was everything but that.

"His name is Niro Takekuro. He lives in our uncle's pack," she added, her tone flat and listless, as if that would explain it more. Lolita realized that she did not know if Pippa was even aware of that part. "Vigilante leads a pack here, to the south," she explained. Lolita hated their uncle, but perhaps Pippa felt differently. Selfishly, she did not want Pippa to ever find him; she wanted her to hate him for everything that had happened. But unfortunately, the creamy woman had no say in anything of the sort, so she offered the information incase Pippa would want to see him. Whether or not the visit was pleasant or far from it did not matter to the lovely Monroe.

A pained look crossed her face, pushing away the dull tone she'd been speaking in. "Pippa, I'm... I'm so very different than I was. There's so much that's changed... But I never stopped loving you. I hoped I'd find you again some day, but I didn't want to look for you. I was afraid that Pello would kill you, too, but that you... Would die all the way." The words sounded lame, even to herself, but they were the truth. "But... I'm still your Lolita," she whispered, fighting back tears.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC: 400+

Pippa’s head spun with the onset of new information, her uncle was alive? He was the leader of a pack? Pippa wondered if Lolita had been there visiting him when she had met this Niro. Were they lovers? Not likely, as she hadn’t seen him or heard mention of him at all. But if they weren’t lovers, then what was he to Lolita?

”How many, Lolita?” Pippa frowned, averting her eyes as her voice began to crack, “How many were there besides him? You can’t be mates or lovers; I would hope you’d have told me if you’d had such a thing in your life. So how many were there besides him? Please… please just tell me. No more hiding or avoiding. What are you now, who are you now? You look nearly due… why have you waited so long to tell me? Do you not trust me?”

Pippa’s heart was breaking. She knew she shouldn’t feel this way, it was wrong to put pressure on Lolita like this in her condition. But she couldn’t stop herself. It wasn’t fair; Pippa had never had a thought about another, ever. And here the one person she had ever loved was telling her that what they’d shared in the short time before their separation wasn’t special.

Despite herself the sullen woman’s heart skipped slightly when Lolita professed that she had never stopped loving Pippa, but the feeling wasn’t a lasting one. Pippa was feeling so bitter, so jealous. She didn’t know who she was more angered at Lolita, or this Niro who had touched her. Pippa clenched her fists, and fought back a tear. She hated him; she hated him for touching her, for him ever having a loving glance from her when Pippa wasn’t there to receive it. She hated that he’d had an intimate moment with Lolita when Pippa wasn’t there to make her feel loved. She felt sick at the thought of him on top of her, caressing her. Her stomach boiled at the notion that he had taken pleasure in her, and pressed her close. Pippa let out a choked sob, and gave her head a violent shake. She tried to get it out of her head, that wretched image. But it refused to leave her be.

”I DON’T BELIEVE YOU!” Pippa found herself yelling, backing away. No, no, no. Lolita was lying, she hadn’t always loved her. She couldn’t have. She was just hurting Pippa more by trying to cushion her with this pity bourn fallacy. ”Love? Did you tell this to your Niro as well? Did you speak to him softly and tell him you loved him? You don’t love me, and it’s quite clear that you aren’t only mine.”

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

300+

The anger in the rust and white woman’s body and voice was expected, and Lolita held herself steady against her bitter words, though even she flinched at the outburst. She remained silent until Pippa was finished; it was better that way, and she could get it all out at once. Lolita wished she would not lash out at her, but she understood why she was. How would she feel, if she had found Pippa with a mate and children? It was not the exact situation, but it was certainly close enough that the analogy was fitting to the moment. In truth, Lolita would have felt terrible. She understood Pippa’s anger and pain, and she hated to be the cause of it.

“Many,” she said, voice quiet, once the woman she loved was finished. “There have been many, but never once,” she continued, voice becoming stronger with conviction, “never once did I share love. That is something that has always been only for you. None of them were you, none of them meant anything to me.” That was the truth, though she didn’t know if Pippa would believe her. “I have never led anyone to believe I loved them, because I didn’t. It was only you.” Her voice sounded strange to her own ears, though she could not pinpoint what it was. Regret and despair, perhaps. Those were things she felt.

“As for why I did not tell you sooner, it is because I only just found out. I did not know why I was feeling sick and gaining weight until someone told me the reason. I did not think I could conceive.” She was dead, after all. “I do trust you, and I have never stopped loving you. Make of that what you will. You can leave, if you want to—I would understand if you did not want to.. stay with me.” She faltered on the last words, jade eyes focused on a place just to the left of Pippa’s eyes. She could not look at her, knowing the pain she had caused.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

This is short...i couldn't really think of anything else to say. I kinda figured we could just end it here. :o +

Pippa turned away, closing her eyes in an effort to calm down. As Lolita spoke, Pippa couldn’t help but be struck by her words. She wanted them to be true, and a large part of her believed they were, but there was that part of her that also wasn’t ready to forgive and forget.

She inhaled deeply before she spoke, “Lolita,” she let the word escape as she exhaled, finally looking at her would-be lover, “I believe you…” she stopped unsure of what to say next, “I…I don’t want to leave. I promise you that, I’ve found a home here and I’d like it to stay that way.” She shook her head, confused and unable to form much in the way of coherent thought. Why now? Why did she have to be with child now? Their lives were already complicated and less than perfectly ordinary; puppies added to it all was just too much.

“I just, I think I’m the one who needs some time now, Lolita.” Pippa looked down again, beginning to back away, “Talk to me again in a day or two, I just…need to work some things out.” Without saying another word, Pippa gently began to shut the door, her heart set on trying to sleep.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]