From the shadows
o Character Name: Synder Flare
o Character Birthdate (including year): June 16th, 2008
o Whether s/he is a regular wolf or a Luperci: Luperci
o Species: Timber Wolf
o Gender: Male
o A secondary form of contact (AIM, MSN, Y!M). : doublinpop@yahoo.com
o Currently played characters: Only character.
o How you found 'Souls: googled an active roleplay forum and BAM – souls.

o Initial post: (I dont have a table, sorry!)

There was something about the brightness of this particular night that brought Synder from his hiding place. It was not something he had intended to do, leaving the safety of the trees in which he had bedded down, but the stars were too taunting. Synder had padded down the beaten dirt path that led from his spot, along the basin of a hill until it took a sudden bend around an old fanning oak. It took him up a rise and into a sprawling meadow. Swaying grasses lapped his at coal stockings, moonlight cascading down to bathe his mottled soot and ivory hide. It seemed to embrace him and he it, tipping black muzzle to the sky. Gentle drifts of wind buffeted against him, ruffling the ruff that plushed out around his neck and down along his chest. Black banded tail hung lowly between his hocks. Synder inhaled deeply, filling his lungs with fireflies and fantasies.

It was on nights like these that dreams came true – or was it that trouble ensued? Ah, superstitions. There was naught in life but life and death. He shook his neck, licking his lips, ears roving. Owls hooting, bats chittering, coyotes and wolves yippity yip yipping. He had come to the edges of Dahlia de Mai twice, only to turn back with uncertainty. What if his presence wasn’t wanted, wasn’t needed, and he was chased off with fang and claw? He could have stayed in his makeshift den in no-mans land, chasing rabbits and singing his lonesome song to the September moon. It was a quiet, peaceful place, albeit solitary. He couldn’t deny what his heart wanted; to run with a pack, hunt in cooperation, raise his voice in tune with the rest. He wanted a family to call his own, to defend with his life, to lend his abilities to. Synder Flare had drunk his fill of the constellations and found that he could not bring herself to retreat back down that lonely path that snuck through the meadow. He would press on to the out-lands of Dahlia De Mai and seek acceptance.

The scent of wolves, wild and earthy, was on the air. Males, females and pups galore. His hide shivered in anticipation. Paws were on autopilot, guiding him restlessly across the grass. He was silent, picking his way with great care beneath the glare of the bloated white moon. He could see it then, in the distance, on this gloriously luminous evening. A tree line where the pungent odor of obedience and control permeated every inch of the soil and bark. He had the overwhelming urge to add his calling card to the nearest thicket of bramble, but restrained himself. It would be tantamount to mocking the alpha if he added his scent without permission. This was not yet his home, may never be. The loam he trod upon grew softer, more pliable, with dead leaf litter cloaking the ground. Synder sent a golden eyed glance over his shoulder and down either edge of the tree line, seeking signs of danger. Ears turned and twisted, straining for the ragged, haunting pants of lurking aggressors. All was well. So he raised his crown in a eerie, sad song. Come, please come, he thought.
[html]

Welcome to Souls! Absolutely beautiful post, I love how your writing just flows so easily! This is a little short, I wanted to keep it quick and get you in as fast as possible. Wink
WC: 353

It was a beautiful night, one that once again found the white Jager wide-awake. Tonight, however, no phantasm had haunted her dreams. Bris' restlessness had been her fault, having found a deep, peaceful sleep well into the previous day's afternoon. It was rare for the white woman to sleep so well, rarer still for her to remain in bed so late into the day, but the snowy female had decided to indulge herself. Of course, that extra sleep led to a relatively sleepless night as a result, but it didn't bother her this time.

Bris' wispy white form floated across the lands of Dahlia de Mai. She'd decided to head out early for her usual border patrol, rather than waiting until the morning sun touched the horizon. There was a magic about the packlands at night, and though she couldn't become a shadow like her late, dark sister, Bris still felt a certain kinship with the peaceful calm of evening. Clouds were sparse in the darkened sky as she made her rounds, the moonlight lending its ethereal glow to the snowy white of her fur.

It wasn't terribly long into Bris' patrol that the call went up. There was a stranger knocking at Dahlia's door, and the woman turned her four feet in the newcomer's direction. Bris had always been fond of the idea of newcomers announcing themselves to the pack, rather than simply waiting at the borderline to be stumbled upon. Some packs, on the other hand, found the practice to be rude. It all depended on the individual whims of the leaders. Setting her feet to a ground-eating lope, it took relatively little time for the Jager to find the caller. The she-wolf slowed as she approached the border, the stranger's black and white form a polite distance from its line. He seemed respectful enough, for now. Stopping a few feet from the boundary, Bris kept her posture dominant but non-aggresive. She doubted the newcomer would announce himself were his intentions hostile, but there was never any way to be certain. "Evening stranger. What did you want of Dahlia de Mai?"

Table by Sie!
<style>
.bris-z91 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.bris-z91 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.bris-z91 b {color:#EDC4B3; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.bris-z91 {background-color:#7F6355; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010j ... isgift.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:250px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #EDC4B3; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3C2920; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; }
.bris-z91-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
(Thank you! I've never really played wolves, but I was just happy to find a busy RPG)

His song rose and fell in pitch, ensnared by the zephyr and carried into the forest. Slowly it died in his throat, leaving not but an echo for a legacy. It had been a risk to make the call, he knew, but it was a risk he was willing to take. If he had denned down here at the boarder and just waited for others to find him during their patrols, he was more likely to meet hostile aggression for loitering. And that would be counter productive to his cause. Synder lifted his ebony nose into the somersaulting breeze, enjoying the way it toyed with his whiskers and brushed coolly along his long noble pate. His ears stood up, swiveled, funneling in the sounds he prayed would come. And had they? The soft pitter patter of paws, a rustle of bramble. He stepped back a few paces, allowing himself more room not only to see into the lower depths of the forest, but to flee if the need arose. His heart was pounding, his mind was racing, the sound of his own blood hammering in his ears.

He licked his lips nervously, his tongue lolling out in sporadic bursts of panting. Wisps of silver fog unfurled from his maw as hot breath hit the cool autumn evening. Gold eyes, lanterns in the shadows, watched with the vigilance of one marked for death. And then he saw her, a phantom amongst the wood. Soft alabaster fur caught the moonlight as it fell in shards from the meager canopy above as she lingered on the border, ensnaring his utmost attention. An angel had come to pass judgment upon him. He couldn’t help but notice how she smelled like the bones of the earth. It brought solace to his soul and for the first time in many moons, he did not feel so alone. Perhaps he had finally found a place to call home.

She spoke with dulcet tones than both defied and amplified her dominant stance. Synder lowered his head to wither level, ears lightly teased back. Though he was fine example of the timber wolf species, he did not tip the scales of weight, size or length. Above average without being an abnormality. His coat shimmered with the lively iridescence of a pool of water that had somehow captured the stars. “I seek a pack position within Dahlia De Mai, good lady” Synder spoke in even pitches, deep and rumbling as oceans swell, “I bring my ability to hunt, to protect and aid. I also bring my knowledge of healing, if it is needed.” He looked at her without making eye contact, settling his gaze somewhere between nape and wither.
[html]

I'm very happy you found us! And also happy that you chose the best pack! *coughs and whistles innocently* ;D Sorry for the sloppyness of this too, I kept getting interrupted by customers and coworkers. x.x
WC: 389

Well, this stranger was nothing if not well-mannered. The corners of Bris' lips turned in a subtle smile of approval as his stance was held in respect. Too often the woman would encounter arrogance and contempt on the borders of Dahlia, every instance of such being met with denial and threat. Dahlia had no place for souls such as those. The pack that Bris proudly considered her family was just that. The wolves of Dahlia were a collection of souls set adrift in the sea of the world, who'd somehow managed to find one another and form a family, harmonious in all its differences. Those without her best intentions in mind would find Dahlia a cold and hostile place.

The white lady relaxed her stance a bit at the stranger's reaction. Her guard was not let down completely, but her dominance no longer held the subtle undertone of challenge to it. Bris believed wholeheartedly in Dahlia's ideals of giving anyone not presenting an open threat a chance at a home, but there were a few formalities to set aside first and foremost. Fortunately, the stranger was well-versed in pack diplomacy, and already knew the primary question his greeter was going to ask.

The soft smile of amusement remained on Bris' face as she listened, the male's smooth tones drifting on the night wind like the leaves of fall. His skills were to be expected of anyone seeking a position in pack life, but the mention of healing did stand out. Conor was training himself to be a healer, and Bris imagined he wouldn't mind someone to share the responsibility with, or even tutor under as he learned. "Well stranger, Dahlia may well have a place for you. Most of us who call her home started out on the other side of her borders. Tell me though, what's your name, and why are you without a pack in the first place? If you've got trouble following you for any reason, you already know we'd need to know about it." Truthfully, depending on the trouble, Dahlia still wouldn't be likely to turn him away. However, Bris' position within the pack granted her the responsibility to accept new members into its ranks, and she refused to unknowingly put Dahlia in danger by doing her job. She had to make an informed decision.

Table by Sie!
<style>
.bris-z91 {background-color:#7F6355; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010j ... isgift.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:250px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #EDC4B3; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#3C2920; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; }
.bris-z91-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
(ooc - Hehe, I was really kicking myself to NOT make an Inferi character. I loves me some mega evil slippery casanovas, but I had in mind a sorrow filled hero with a need to prove himself. Thus Synder was born! I love souls so far, I need to get Syn a snazzy table! )

The white angel was speaking again and Synder pricked his ears forward, the perfect black triangles that they were, to listen carefully. Dahlia may well have a place for you, she said, and his heart was soaring. May well have a place for you. His head rose slowly from its lowered position, now above the wither, without a trace of arrogance. He chanced a look, a fleeting dangerous glance, at the eyes that had been studying him. Vividly colored, like a wildflower blooming rebelliously after the last frost. Synder dropped his gaze to her paws, and felt his heart sink as well. Why are you alone in the first place? He no longer saw the dust splattered paws of his host, but the pebbles of a mountain pass, scrub brush jutting from ledges.

The world spun in colors of faded green and grey; he was running, running as fast as his swift paws could carry him. He could hear it now, as he had nearly a year ago this month, the great rumbling segments of stone, the agonizing roar of Mother Earth as her granite flesh was rent apart. The crash of rocks into the ocean as mountains crumbled, the howls of panic from his pack caught in the vicious claws of the earthquake. Memories came unbidden, rasping at his mind as he tried to shut them out. He took a deep, steadying breath and blinked away the images swarming in his mind. The pack was gone, gone where he couldn’t call them home. He had tried for days, standing upon every rock and cliff left stable enough, singing a lament for his lost family. Gone, just…gone without a single trace. Not even a bone to grieve over.

Had even a heartbeat passed? Surely he hadn’t stood there just in silence, glazed eyed with his haunting revere. “My name is Synder Flare, madame and I come alone and without baggage. I was separated from my pack last fall in a terrible earthquake that claimed our valley home.” And he said no more on the subject. Perhaps it was the painful way his brow furrowed or the shallowness of his breathing that sent up the red flag that his calm words belied the sorrow he was feeling inside. Surely his lost family, mate-to-be and friends would not begrudge him his future. Surely they would want him to progress, move on and do great things in his life. Their demise had been a tragedy in his life that nearly claimed him in its jaws of misery. May the dead rest in peace.
[html]

Lol, you've no idea how badly I've wanted to make an Inferni character as well. XD I love playing dark, twisted characters but I only have enough free time to handle one character right now, and Bris is my priority. ^^ Damn those stupid evil sexy coyotes for being so tempting! *shakes fist* I'll let the alpha know you're official, and it's up to you if you want to post again and keep the thread going or leave it with my reply. Either way is fine with me, and I'd love another thread with you in the future if you want Bris to show him around! Once Conor gets the official "welcome to Souls" post up in this thread you're free to post away!!!

WC: 339

The wind seemed to stand still around the pair of wolves as the male visibly pondered his answer. Bris could see the echos of sorrow in his golden eyes as he seemed to drift away on a vesper of memory, and she did nothing to break his trance or rush him along. She understood how difficult speaking of one's past could be. The only thing that held any importance was whether or not this stranger's past threatened the future of Dahlia de Mai.

Moonlight dimmed as a cloud passed across its silvery form, coating the world of the wolves in a brief shadow. After an eternity that was only minutes in truth, the newcomer's voice once again broke the silence. Bris smiled a bit at the male's name; it fit the warm embers that burned in his sunlit eyes that had briefly met her gaze moments before. Dahlia was not a pack that enforced a strict code of dominance, and the white woman hadn't minded the male's momentary breech of etiquette. There were often times when the eyes told more than the tongue ever could.

"I understand Synder, and I'm sorry for what happened. You don't need to tell me anything more if you don't want to." The warm smile that touched her eyes portrayed the truth in her words, and she moved closer to the male, stepping over the border until she was only a foot or so away from him. "Well, I hope that maybe your future will be happier than your past, and that Dahlia de Mai can be a part of it." The woman's smile spread to a grin, and she turned, beckoning the male to follow her into the packlands. "My name is Bris Stormbringer, by the way, Jager of Dahlia. I look forward to letting our leader know that we've got another healer in the pack. He'll be thrilled." She kept the conversation light as they walked, the moon finally slipping out from behind the cloud and lighting their way farther into Dahlia.

Table by Sie!
<style>
</style>[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Congratulations! You've been accepted into the craziest bunch of roleplayers on the vast Internet! Please remember to make your first In Character post within five days.

Not sure where or how to start roleplaying? You can check the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for a list of open threads, as well as tons of people looking to plot out adventures with your new character! You can also start your own thread and see what kinds of interesting characters turn up for you. If you haven't already, please update your profile with detailed information on your character -- it'll help others get a feel for him/her, which in turn will help generate thread ideas.

You can also start doing other cool things like:

• Earning Word of the Day points, which can get you custom titles and even icons!
  • Fulling requirements for the Catacombs, our IC and OOC achievement system.
  • Participate in general chats and discussions in OOC Garbage.

You can find general roleplay help and guidelines, as well as a wealth of information on our werewolves and the 'Soulsverse on the RP Guide. Don't feel pressured to read it all at once though! The guide is a huge resource and is meant to be used as a reference for various aspects of the game. If you're feeling lost or confused, don't hesitate to post a question in Roleplay Related, or to seek out a Mentor.

(Sorry this is about to be short and awful, but I’ve got friends and family down and my house is full with too many people and four dogs xD. Maybe Bris can show him around Dahlia and introduce him to some of his new pack mates?)

September pressed down on him with her cool night air and lurking shadows, encasing him in her depth. He breathed in the moonlight, letting it burn into his veins and lungs as it soaked into his shimmering pelt. Every word the Dahlia Jager spoke was filtered in through forward flung ears and though his eyes remained politely averted, he missed nothing. The way she subtly shifted on her paws, how her maw slanted and tightened as she articulated words of his fate. His future was literally unfolding before him, bold and unknown as a newly birthed season.

“Thank you for the consideration, Bris Stormbringer, I will do my best to not disssapoint. “ The corners of his whiskered, white lips teased back in what might have been a wolfish smirk. “I would like to meet the others, if that is an option?” He’d also like to see their territory. His new territory. His home. Synder knew his acute nose could lead him to the heartlands of Dahlia, find her boards and her pack, but somehow that just seemed an unacceptable method for a first meeting.