Thurrummm
[html]

WC:334 (2 Points) OOC: oh for the Layla lady!! I made sure it was just outside the borders because the tribe does’t like unwelcome visitors unless they make it known, and well me beign the first to post… will make it so that might be hard Wink

Life was great for her, she had managed a higher rank in her field of work, which to her was a complete honor, and she was able to train and break some of the horses no problem, there were a few that weren’t going to work as a saddle horse, and she thought they’d be good to be trained as working horses that way they’d have plenty to swap out if the animals got tired in their work. Liliana was proud of herself, and today she was out running her mare, Grace, just outside of the border, she’d jumped the wire fence like she did so many times, although there were some gates, she hated opening and closing them again, it was so much easier for her mare, who’s training was doing so well, to just jump the fence itself. She wanted some new spots to run her horse, to explore, and most of all to understand where the forests of the lands began, although she didn’t move too far from the border this time, she was looking for any plants that could possibly be shown to Dawali in hopes he’d teach her and show her, and she would be able to take care of any sick animals. She was learning more and more about the horses especially since they had so many, and she tended to take care of most of them, though the ones with owners did take care of their own, she liked to help them out by mucking the stalls out and feeding them. She knew that it gave the other wolves pleasure to brush out their own horses, so she left that job until the night time where she would check all of them, just in case someone got too busy. She signaled Grace to walk for now as she scanned the forest floor for anything interesting, be it a plant, or even animal, she was interested in all the things that would teach her about the forest itself.

<style type="text/css">
.liliquills b {font-weight:bold; color:#A79D86; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.liliquills-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right; }
.liliquills p {text-indent:15px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.liliquills {margin:0 auto; width:407px; background-color:#0F0A04; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... lslili.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #EBECE4; padding: 120px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#676052; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Woot! WC: 524 {5 points}

The past days were not exactly the easiest on Layla. With each passing day, the mistress was not only getting fatter, but she was getting a bit sicker as well. Being pregnant sucked. Yes it soon meant you were going to have a family soon on the way, but the whole process of having the pups growing inside was just painful and annoying. Walking around was not even easy. While the black and white she wolf had to admit that it would be easier moving around in her lupus form, she imagined it would be way too painful to try and change forms in the middle of a pregnancy.

Layla was getting so sick of being in bed because of her pregnancy. Every morning she would feel too sick to get out of bed and usually would have to wait until around noon time before she even felt like getting out of bed. Even getting out of bed was a challenge for the mistress. Once she was out of bed, she moved to the closet to grab some clothes. She didn't take much time to decide what clothes she was going to were for the day. The black and white she wolf grabbed her black no sleeve top and the black and gray skirt that went with it. Once she slipped into her clothes, she headed downstairs and outside. The sun was already high up in the sky and half the day was gone. Wanting to get some exercise before having to get back in bed again, She began to leave her home and head out to the borders. On her way, she found a nice stick that she could use as a walking stick. Seeing as she was constantly leaning over to reduce the pain and stopping a lot, the stick would give her a bit of something to lean on so she could continue on with out stopping.

What on earth was Layla thinking to travel so far from her pack while pregnant and without her mate around? Even she didn't know, but she was sure she had traveled a long distance and decided it was time to take a break from all the walking. The mistress was not even aware of the fact that she was near the border of another pack's territory, so she took a spot near a tree and sat down. Once she was comfortable, she leaned her back on the tree and moved her right hand onto her chest. It was as if she could feel the little ones inside her moving around and pushing back at her. While it was a bit painful, she hoped that her pups would be as active as her, although not too active so she could still keep her eyes on them. As the she wolf opened her eyes and looked to they sky, she could tell it was getting a bit later in the day. Although she knew it would be a long way back, there was no need for her to begin heading back now. She slowly raised herself up to her feet and moved closer towards the border.

<style type="text/css"> .ll b {font-weight:bold; color:#8f9aa8; letter-spacing:1px; } .ll .ooc { font-style:italic; color:#cccdd1; padding-top:350px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;} .ll p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; color: #69727d} .ll {margin:0 auto; width:352px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... iel/ll.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#0F475F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>[/html]
[html]<style type="text/css">#lilianaaugust1{width:430px; margin:auto;background-color:#ffffff; background-image:url(http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... liana1.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom; border:5px solid #bfb4a2;}#lilianaaugust1 b{font-family:arial, tahoma, sans-serif; color:#000000;}#lilianaaugust1 p{color:#5a4534; font-family:georgia, 'times new roman', serif; line-height:14px; text-align:justify; margin-top:0px;}#lilianaaugust1 i{float:right;}</style>

ooc!

Liliana went to turn back when she saw movement, a black and white wolf… was she really a wolf or half like her, the girl did seem to be an odd color for a wolf, what a joy it would be to meet another wolfdog! She moved closer and soon spotted that this young woman was in pain, and could see from the bulge she was also carrying puppies. Ember didn’t hurt like this when she was pregnant, Liliana looked at the wolf with concern and moved Grace forward more. She could see the wolf didn’t have any dog qualities now, but she wasn’t worried about that anymore it did seem that the womans’ health was in danger.

Hello, may I offer you any assistance?

She asked kindly to the woman who was holding onto a stick, and moving slowly, she could smell a familiarity in her nostrils, one of a pack she had been to. Naryu’s pack; well the one she belong to Dahlia! This made Liliana smile slightly, she loved being able to link someone to another, even if they hadn’t actually met that particular animal before in their lives; it meant that Liliana was where she belonged. In the old days she could never do that because she was always on the walk. It was good to know that she could make new friends and see them more often than she would being with her parents. She watched the other wolf, hoping nothing was terribly wrong, and hoping that she really wasn’t just giving birth, or about to, because Liliana knew nothing about such things, she’d never been in a practice, unless you count birthing foals from horses she had a feeling it didn’t count, since wolves were so much more different than horses, and all, not to mention, horses tended to do most on their own, while Liliana didn’t know if that was the way for wolves, so she really preyed to her own spirit guide that wasn’t the case.

[/html]
[html]

WC: 547 {5 points}

This day was beginning to feel more and more like torture. Layla was so stupid to think that she could walk such a long distance while in the state of pain she was in and expect herself to feel alright. Perhaps it was best if she just headed home and returned to Saluce’s arms to rest for the rest of the day. The mistress began to lift her figure off the tree and lean back on her stick. Thank goodness the stick was able to support her or surely she’d fall over and hit her face on the ground. A soft sigh passed her lips as she swung her tail and headed for home.

Before she could get far, she could hear something behind her. A hint of fear began to grow inside the she wolf’s chest as she slowly moved her eyes to her corners. She couldn’t see much but she saw a shadow that looked as big as a bear coming towards her. This really wasn’t good. If this shadow was a bear, then she would not be able to run away or defend herself. She quickly scanned her eyes around for a good hiding place. She noticed a rather large rock on the side and made her way to it as fast as she could. Once she made it to the rock, she lowered the stick and herself so she was out of view. Hopefully now if it was a bear, it would ignore her and be on its way back home.

As Layla could hear the creature coming towards her, she peeked over to rock and noticed that it wasn’t a bear at all. The creature turned out to be a horse. With a huge sigh of relieve, she reached for her stick and slowly got back on her feet. What caught the mistress’ eye next was not the horse itself, but the fact that someone was actually riding it. She had seen wild horses before, but never anyone actually riding one. She moved away from the rock and made her way over to the horse. The female on the horse’s back looked to her and offered her help. The black and white she wolf was so used to helping others that she was not exactly used to others offering her help. She gave a soft smile to the stranger and smiled. ”Thank you miss. I’m sorry for before. I thought you were a bear or something.”

Trying not to spook the horse, Layla slowly held out her hand to pet its head. The mistress had never been this close to a horse before and wondered just how they felt. She couldn’t get over how lovely the horse looked too. The dark brown color with hints of white just made it look even more beautiful. ”You’re horse is lovely ma’am. I didn’t even know you could actually ride one.” She tried ot imagine what it would be like if she was able to ride a horse. If she could, it would make walking easier and she would be able to go long distances while she was still pregnant. She kept her hand held out so the horse could sniff it and she would gently rub it along the horse’s face without spooking it.

<style type="text/css"> .ll b {font-weight:bold; color:#8f9aa8; letter-spacing:1px; } .ll .ooc { font-style:italic; color:#cccdd1; padding-top:350px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;} .ll p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; color: #69727d} .ll {margin:0 auto; width:352px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... iel/ll.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#0F475F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>[/html]
[html]<style type="text/css">#lilianaaugust1{width:430px; margin:auto;background-color:#ffffff; background-image:url(http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... liana1.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom; border:5px solid #bfb4a2;}#lilianaaugust1 b{font-family:arial, tahoma, sans-serif; color:#000000;}#lilianaaugust1 p{color:#5a4534; font-family:georgia, 'times new roman', serif; line-height:14px; text-align:justify; margin-top:0px;}#lilianaaugust1 i{float:right;}</style>

WC: 341 (2 Points) OOC: ^^ sorry it took me longer than i said, normally i'm to my word but wel work beat me up much worse than I thought it would!

Liliana felt bad when she scared the poor woman enough that it made her hide, but it seemed things would be fine now, when she spoke, and Liliana felt bad that the woman even had to be embarrassed by the act, Lili gave an understanding smile. She saw the young woman put her hand up to Grace, who pulled back and snorted, knowing this creature before her was not used to horses and they didn’t need their noses so close, she blew out of her nose and shook her head. Lili patted her neck and slid gracefully off the horse.

My name is Liliana Vess, I live just over there, across the borders of AniWaya. And yes, they can be taught many things, best of all riding.

She wasn’t sure if the pregnant woman should be riding a horse, but she thought if she had to a slow walk would be best for the woman, she could smell Dahlia and smiled.

You must be from Dahlia, I have a friend there, would you like me to teach you to ride? And maybe I can give you a congratulations present? Something from one pack to another?

She said, she didn’t indicate the present would be an actual horse. she’d just given one to the newer member, who’d taken a liking to him, and they had quite a few more, and pack relations, well they were so very important as well, Liliana caught quite a few of the horses in the stables now, and she saw more benefit of giving the horse to the woman, who seemed so horribly lost in sore feet that she felt horrible if she made her walk.

In fact, if you would like, you can get up on grace now, I don’t have a saddle with me, but it’s not long to get to the stables.

She offered, hoping the sore footed woman would take the offer, if she didn’t Liliana would have to make sure she got to her pack ok because she didn’t look ok now

[/html]
[html]

Told you Tongue. WC: 434 {3 points}

Layla could see in the wolf dog’s eyes that she didn’t mean to scare her visitor. In a way it was the mistress’ fault. She wished she’d never been scarred with the memory of the bear attack. If that had never happened, perhaps she wouldn’t be as scared as she was now. The black and white she wolf was not surprised to see the horse pull back when she held out her hand. She was a stranger in a new land. She watched as the wolf dog slide off her horse and introduced herself. The she wolf gave a small now herself and smiled. ”It’s a pleasure to meet you Liliana. My name is Layla Nishant.”

Layla was a bit surprised to see Liliana was able to pick out which pack she was from. She didn’t know other wolves from her pack had been down this way before. It was alright though. She was getting the exercise she longed for and she was meeting someone knew. Surely this wolf dog would become a great friend to her and the pack. Maybe with some more trust, she would be allowed to visit AniWaya when her pups were born. The she wolf’s thought came back to reality as he wondered which wolf it was that Liliana had meet. ”That’s interesting to know. Which wolf is your friend?” Little did she know it was someone she hadn’t met before. She moved closer to her new friend as she asked if the she wolf wanted to learn how to ride. The idea sounded wonderful. If she knew how to ride a horse then it would make traveling easier while she was pregnant. She nodded to Liliana and smiled. ”Yes I would. Thanks for offering Liliana.” The mistress was curious about the congradulations gift that she mentioned. She moved over to the horse again, slowly to make sure not to spook her.

Layla looked to Liliana as she said it was ok to get up on the horse. She nodded and moved over to her side, although not exactly sure how to get onto her back. She sighed and looked to the wolf dog dumbfounded. ”I’m sorry but I don’t even know how to get on a horse properly.” She moved her hands behind her back as she smirked. She didn’t want to be a burden on the wolf dog and she stood at the horse’s side leaning on her walking stick. ”If it’s too much of a burden then I can just walk to the stables.” She waited for Liliana begin to lead the way to the stables.

[html]

WC:---

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

I am very happy to meet you Layla and welcome to AniWaya, or you’re really close to it that is.

She said happily, now that they got introductions in order and that Layla was no longer afraid of Liliana, it seemed a good start… well a bad start at first but something good would come out of it she was sure. Layla seemed like a very nice wolf just like Naryu was, though she could tell the difference between the two’s personalities, well what little she’d learned of Laylas, and she’d only met up with Naryu twice. Both times being so far apart she’d changed between those two times as she had been a puppy the first time and the next she was almost full grown.

Oh the young Naryu, she’d shown me around Dahlia and I Aniwaya, she’s a great young wolf I must say.

Her voice was genuine as she spoke. She was filled with happiness when Layla accepted her offer to teach her how to ride a horse, though she didn’t seem to know how to get on the horse, Liliana could only smile at that and moved Grace over to a high rock so that the pregnant woman could sit atop the horse.

That should do for now, just up on the rock and onto the horse, I’ll be here if you slip.

Wondering if the wolf would trust someone she just met. She hoped so because she didn’t want anything to happen to her, and making her walk much more would just be a criminal act in Lili’s eyes.

<style type="text/css">
.race-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#402a19; letter-spacing:1px; }
.race-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.race-a01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.race-a01 {margin:0 auto; width:356px; background-color:#86cde9; background-image:url(http://img810.imageshack.us/img810/2706/souls34.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 210px 0px; font-family: cambria, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#4b2f6a; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

So sorry for the long wait. I'll try to be quicker in the future. Long posts take forever for me to type seeing as I am easily distracted. WC: 1,009 {10 points}

Layla listened the wolf dog as she explained that she had stumbled into the land of AniWaya. The mistress thought back and didn’t remember hearing anything about the pack that Liliana just mentioned. She gave the female a nod before smiling. ”Thank you for the introduction of where I am. I’ll make a mental note so that I know where the pack borders are from now on. I don’t wish to trespass and cause you pack any trouble.” She began to paint a picture in her head of her current location, making sure to get every little detail right. Her memory was not the best in the world, but hopefully she would remember enough of the surroundings to remember where the pack’s location was. She was so glad to see that the mood was getting better. The two females seemed to be more comfortable with each other. The sun beamed down on the two some as it began to get later in the day. Now that she was feeling more comfortable with Liliana, she wanted to ask her questions on the pack she stumbled upon. Seeing as the female was riding on a horse, she was sure that is pack was much different from Dahlia de Mai. Most of the wolves she knew back home didn’t even own a horse let alone know how to ride one. Perhaps there was a wolf in her pack that did know about how to ride them, but she had yet to meet him or her. The black and white she wolf turned her attention back to Liliana. ”So sorry for that… I got a bit lost in my mind…” She paused before continuing on. ”So what’s the AniWaya pack like? Is it anything like Dahlia de Mai or is it completely different?” She wanted to shower the wolf dog with some more questions, but she decided to take it slow and ask more questions later after she figured out just what the pack was like.

Layla waited for Liliana to tell her just which wolf it was she met back in Dahlia de Mai. She finally answered with a wolf named Nayru. The mistress paused for a moment and went though the list of names of the wolves she had met before in her pack. Nayru was not one of the ones that came up. She shook her head a bit to the wolf dog and gave a small smile. ”I actually don’t think I’ve met Nayru yet. I’ll have to see if I can find her and tell her I met you when I return home.” The black and white she wolf moved along a bit with the help of her walking stick as she tried to think of what this Nayru wolf was like. Obviously she was a nice wolf who trusted strangers just as much as she did. She was someone she wanted to make friends with. Come to think of it, she thought she heard Saluce mention her name a few times. She sounded like such an interesting wolf and definantly one to check out. Perhaps Liliana could tell her just what her pack mate was like. ”She sounds interesting. What kind of personality does she have?” She leaned a bit on her walking stick as she felt the breeze picking up. Her hair flew in the wind as did her beads and feathers. It was such a lovely day and perfect to be spending it away from home. It was good to know she was learning more about her own pack by traveling to another one. This was defiantly going to be a great day.

Layla was so glad to see that Liliana was excited to teach her how to ride a horse. This was going to be exciting. She used her stick to help herself along as the female got her horse ready. Being pregnant was really a drag and the mistress only continued to feel like she was a burden on her new friend. She moved over to the rock where she had stationed the horse. It was a bit of trouble for her trying to get onto the animal, but she was trying to do it without making her feel uncomfortable. She didn’t want anything to go wrong, and as long as she was in Liliana’s hands, she was sure that wasn’t going to happen. Once the black and white female was finally on the horse, she waited for her friend to begin leading her in the unknown territory of AniWaya. The female ran her fingers gently along the horse’s side so that she would become more used to having her around. She knew it would take more than this to earn the animal’s trust, but this was the start. She never expected any animal to trust her after a first meeting besides a luperci like Liliana. Once they had begun to move towards their destination, the she wolf kept her eyes on the scenery so that she knew where she was should she decide to come back here again. The scenery itself was very beautiful. There were so many trees as well as flowered blooming in the grass. All the grass was dancing in the daytime wind as they continued on. The black and white she wolf took a minute to adjust her hair, trying to straighten it back out from the wind messing it up. Normally she liked her hair to stay straight unless it was when she first got out of bed. That was the only time she would allow her hair to look messy. Her blue orbs moved back to Liliana after she was done fixing her hair. She noticed the feathers she was wearing. Because her father gifted her with the fathers after her first kill, she wondered if the wolf dog got her’s the same way. Wanting to spark up a conversation, she decided to go ahead and ask. ”So Liliana… how did you get those feathers? Were they a gift to you or did you earn them?”

<style type="text/css"> .ll b {font-weight:bold; color:#8f9aa8; letter-spacing:1pyx; } .ll .ooc { font-style:italic; color:#cccdd1; padding-top:350px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;} .ll p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; color: #69727d} .ll {margin:0 auto; width:352px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... iel/ll.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#0F475F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>[/html]
[html]

(5 Points)

Liliana nodded, she remembered her first time in AniWaya. She’d trespassed, and was greeted very unhappily by the chief himself, she was thankful he was willing to take her in rather than chase her out. The thought of trespassing in another territory made her think twice now, though she knew the distinct smells of the borders of the packs, though she didn’t know all of then quite yet.
I’m afraid I don’t know much about Dahlia way of life. I just met Naryu. She was a pup back then, but she just showed me around the vineyard and the treasure mounds. I’m not sure how different things are I’m afraid.

Liliana admitted. She didn’t know any other pack ways to be honest, she’d lived with loners as family. They were now gone and she was here, making a new life for herself.

But the pack, it’s nice, we have some ceremonies with the comings of the seasons, and there’s lots of harvesting to do soon, though I’ve done little of it myself in my lifetime, things are pretty… well I think you’d call it traditional?

Liliana had to think of Naryu’s personality, she was a pup when she first met her, though she wasn’t one who was easily excitable.

She’s always trying to learn something I think. To see how the world works, she’s quiet, and polite, as far as most wolve’s go she’s a very good one herself.

Liliana said, thinking she was saying good about the female she’d befriended a while ago. To think she’d been a pup and was now almost an adult! She made a mental note to go and visit her again soon. Liliana held Grace still. The horse had not carried anyone but Liliana, so this was a bit new for the horse, but with encouraging words and sweet nothing’s in the horses’ ears she was a good calm. Her ears flipped back listening to Layla for any type of commands. She moved through the forest and into the packlands of AniWaya, headed to the stables.

My feathers? Oh, well nothing really special I’m afraid, I found them on the ground, cleaned them up and put them in.

Liliana said, she wanted to fit in as much as possible and it seemed that the feathers were a part of the culture of AniWaya. She didn’t mind it at all, it wasn’t hindering her, she’d hope feathers wouldn’t hinder anyone. The thought of that made her smile to herself, as the forest dissipated into what little grassland AniWaya had, for they were surrounded by forest and swamp. Where they were at, was a village thick with huts, they were still a good hundred yards from it, but the glow of the great fire even in the daylight could be seen. Though they wouldn’t pass through the village itself as the stables were closer. She walked Grace slowly, she knew that it was a bad idea to go too fast with a pregnant woman, but it was better than letting her hobble around in pain.

We’re almost there.

She said as they moved towards the stables and fields of many different plants. A sense of pride washed over her, knowing that she belonged here now, was better than anything in the world.

Is Dahlia your first Pack?

She asked finally thinking it was time for a question or two from herself.

<style type="text/css">

.lilihorsetablegift b {font-weight:bold; color:#b4c8a6; letter-spacing:1px; }
.lilihorsetablegift-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#9fa6a5; text-align:center;}
.lilihorsetablegift p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 12px; margin:0px;}
.lilihorsetablegift {margin:0 auto; width:366px; background-color:#f6fafc; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... gift01.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #acbca6; padding: 0px 0px 200px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#9fa6a5; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.lilihorsetablegift-border1 {width:368px; border:1px solid #f6fafc; margin:0 auto;}
.lilihorsetablegift-line1 {width:342px; border-bottom:1px dotted #d5dcde; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Meep sorry. WC: 721 {7 points}

Layla was glad that she had not gone too far into the borders of the tribe to have gotten in trouble. She knew it was rude to trespass, although she knew she had already done it once. The mistress had gone to the Crimson Dreams pack and had trespassed, bumping into a pup by the name of Denali. She didn’t get in trouble but now she was a bit more cautious as to where she was going. She had to make sure that if she smelled something odd, she would wait and see if she could smell a pack around. The black and white she wolf listened to the wolf dog as she explained that she only met Nayru back then. She was still curious about who Nayru was an was sure to try and met her once she returned back home. She wanted to meet her and get to know her. This would strengthen her relations in her own pack as well as with the other packs. She gave a nod but didn’t respond, seeing as she got the point.

Layla was very interested to hear about the pack that Liliana was from. They sounded kind of like a native pack that did a lot of farming in their spare time. It was a nice twist on how a pack was. It was certainly much different than how Dahlia de Mai was run. The mistress would love to come back here again just to see what the life of a member here was like. Perhaps she would even be so lucky as to meet the leader of this pack. Her warm smile widen with the thought and perhaps Saluce would join her when she came back. The traditional way of life sounded nice and in a way sounded like what the she wolf was doing. In the spring, she was planning on planting some herbs so she would have a supply of them whenever she needed to heal someone. To think that there was actually a pack that favored this sort of life. It was a nice thought and the female began to plan her return trip in her head.

Layla pirked her ears up when Liliana began to talk about Nayru again. Judging from the female’s judgment of her, it was seeming more and more like a good idea to meet her. The mistress gave a small nod before moving her eyes back around her. There was the glimmer of happiness in her eyes as they continued on. She was a bit surprised to see that the horse was able to put up with the pregnant woman for so long. The black and white she wolf was sure that she wasn’t as light as she normally was and was sure she was being a burden on the animal. She couldn’t wait until they arrived so that she would be able to give the horse a break from carrying her.

Layla was a bit surprised when she heard the female state that she just picked the feathers up and decided to put them in her hair. She turned her head back to the wolf dog and smiled. ”Really? My father father gave me my feathers from the first bird I ever killed hunting by myself. I figured that others also earned their feathers instead of just finding them. The mistress scratched the back of her head, a bit embarrassed that the feathers were a gift from her father rather than doing what Liliana had done. Speaking of which, the black and white she wolf adjusted the feathers in her hair before moving her blue orbs back forward. She was ready to get to their destination.

Layla was glad to hear those words come from the female’s lips. She didn’t want to cause her horse anymore trouble than she already had. It seemed it was Liliana’s turn to ask the mistress some questions so she went along with it. She gave a simple nod before explaining. ”Yes, Dahlia de Mai is my first pack and my only pack. I don’t ever plan to leave. I have a loving mate, a wonderful alpha, and life is going well. I have no reason to leave. She paused before bringing up the same question to the wolf dog. ”Is AniWaya your first pack Liliana?

[html]

They were quiet as it seemed both were deep in thought, Liliana wondered many things as they moved through the forest, from how this woman came to be here, to wondering what it was like to be expecting pups, but the last thought was nothing to her and she passed it on… she was in no hurry for anything like that, she didn’t even have a mate yet, which she was waiting for a courtship before she did any such thing as puppy making. The forest was thinning now and they were getting closer to the Aniwayan village, which was always giving wolves different expressions. Liliana loved watching them, just to see what they were. Though right now she did want to get the wolf comfortable on her own horse, she was not hurting Grace in any way, in fact Grace could carry twice the weight that Layla was but Liliana liked keeping her horse to herself, just because she wanted to be special in the animals eyes.

She finally spoke when Liliana answered her question about the feathers. she took one of the red soft thing in her hand, how interesting… she had nothing of her father’s or her mother’s, they never kept possessions, not even a tent or waterskin, they always lived off the land, even though they traded the horses Lili’s mother trained for food. It made Liliana sad that she had no earthly items from her family, from her past, anything, but she didn’t feel sorry for herself, because she did have her mother’s talent, as well as her knowledge of horses.

I see… well it seems to be a part of the AniWayan culture, that’s why I have them, I want to be as much of a part of my pack as I can.

She listened as the wolf explained that her pack was her first and last, this was what Liliana wanted for herself too. She smiled.

Yes, and like you I think this will be the only pack I stay in, though I do not have a mate, I do have a very nice leader, and some kind packmates, and my job is nothing more than I can ask for.

They were moving down the field now, passing by the village all together, though the only thing that was amazing was the great fire, the rest was scattered huts, and in there some where was Liliana’s home. She wasn’t going there though she was heading straight for the stables. The stables were pretty big too, Liliana’s first sight of them was that of awe, to have such a nice place for horses, and even cows to live.

We’re going in there, but be warned, it does smell pretty bad

She said, as they moved closer and closer, she was anxious, she wanted to finally teach someone how to really ride a horse, not being led like the young woman was doing now, but actually let them get into the whole riding thing, though, Liliana wasn’t so certain that the woman would be running a horse while pregnant… Liliana didn’t think that would be a very good idea.

<style type="text/css">
.liliquills b {font-weight:bold; color:#A79D86; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.liliquills-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right; }
.liliquills p {text-indent:15px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.liliquills {margin:0 auto; width:407px; background-color:#0F0A04; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... lslili.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #EBECE4; padding: 120px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#676052; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC: 303 {3 points}

Layla could tell that they were getting closer to their destination. The scenery seemed to be changing as was the scent of everything. The mistress could smell many things and it only made her interest level rise. AniWaya had a beautiful territory and she wanted to come back to explore. Hopefully she’d meet up with Liliana again as well as some of the other members of her pack. The female smiled as she kept her eyes on the world around her. It was so nice to be spending time with Liliana and she couldn’t wait to learn how to ride a horse better. Surely she would learn more but only after her pups had arrived.

Layla’s ears moved when the wolf dog spoke again in answer about her feathers. So most of the pack members wore feathers without a purpose? It was odd for her seeing as she earned her feathers but she supposed as long as it looked nice then it was alright.

Liliana then spoke about AniWaya being her first pack and that she didn’t plan on leaving, though she was a bit taken that she didn’t have a mate. The mistress leaned forward a bit and looked over the wolf dog’s features. ”Don’t worry Liliana. One day I’m sure you’re going to find a wonderful mate and you two will make a wonderful couple.” Seeing as Liliana was now considered her friend, she wanted to help Liliana feel better and have hope that she would find someone special to spend her life with.

Layla turned her gaze to the burning fire and the sight of the village. It was nice to see the center of the pack before heading to the stables. She heard the female’s warning and shook her head. ”It’s alright Liliana. I’ll be able to handle it.”

[html]
<style type="text/css">
#shawsep {background-color:#020101; background-image:url(http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... itable.png); background-position: bottom; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px solid #611d20; width:375px; margin:auto;}
#shawsep b {color:#b91c17;}
#shawsep i {color:#c66a67;}
#shawsep p {line-height:14px; font-family:georgia, cambria, serif; color:#d0bfa0; text-align:justify;}
</style>

OOC: Shoulda told me I was this late on this thread ; ; omg I skipped right past it ; ;

Liliana nodded at the woman and they moved in, the stables was quiet for the time of day, though Liliana was sure most of the horses were probably asleep waiting for her to come and do what she always did. She moved to where there were a few stalls, that had horses without owners and she looked at Layla sizing her up, the only horse she had for her pregnant friend was a bay mare, who had a soft enough mouth to listen quite well. She looked over to Layla and smiled.

I have a nice horse for you, she has no name yet but I call her Starshine, she can be named something else of course.

She said opening the stall and leading the mare out. The evidence to why the horse was called starshine was that she had a star on the top of her head, but also a few unique white spots running along her leg, they weren’t big but quite noticeable. She looked to Layla again smiling.

so if it isn’t too much of a problem to get you down off of grace, this horse is much more understandable than my mare, she doesn’t get so antsy as Grace here does.

She said, moving to find a stool so that Layla didn’t have to jump down from the horse.

[/html]
[html]

WC: 331 {3 points}

Layla watched as she arrived to the stables. She could here the gentle sounds of the horses standing around and waiting for them to arrive. She looked around the different stalls to all the horses that called this place their home. They were all so beautiful and was sure that they all had great homes. She wished that she would be able to take one back with her to show Saluce. Maybe he would be happy to see that she would have another way of transportation around the pack lands. The mistress followed the wolf dog’s eyes over to a female horse. She was very beautiful. Her ears moved up as she heard the female speak. The black and white she wolf couldn’t believe this horse was going to be her’s. She wondered if there was some way she would be able to repay Liliana for her kindness. ”Thank you so much Liliana. She’s beautiful and I will be sure to take very good care of her. I love the name you gave her.”

Layla watched as Liliana brought out the mare to her. She was more beautiful in person. She could see the star on her head and the white spots on her legs. The mistress couldn’t wait to learn how to take care of her new companion and ride her back to the pack lands. The black and white she wolf looked down to the wolf dog as she asked for her to get off Grace. She gave a nod and waited for her to bring the stool over and then carefully slide off of the mare. Once she was off, the black and white she wolf moved over to Starshine and rubbed her hand on her side. She felt so nice. The she wolf looked back to her friend as she brushed her fingers along her neck. ”Thank you again. I promise to take good care of her. I’ll have to make a lace for her back home.”

[html]
<style type="text/css">
#shawsep {background-color:#020101; background-image:url(http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... itable.png); background-position: bottom; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px solid #611d20; width:375px; margin:auto;}
#shawsep p {line-height:14px; font-family:georgia, cambria, serif; color:#d0bfa0; text-align:justify;}
</style>

WC: 477 +2 OOC: Big Grin she gets sooo technical when it comes to the horses ^^

Liliana beamed with pride. She was happy that Layla loved the horse, and it seemed she liked the looks of the mare as well. She helped the woman off Grace and she looked over the mare she’d called Starshine. Liliana let the woman to the horse, and watched, the mare took to Layla very well and was happy, she moved the stool over to the mare’s left side to wait for when Layla would be ready.

Well they are a nice big responsibility, but I’m sure you can handle it with your pups coming and all, Horses normally eat quite a bit, I feed them twice a day, a nice big bucket of hay and oats, I can give you some rations, though you are welcome to come back for more if there isn’t any in your pack.

She said, knowing that Layla was paying attention even though she was cooing over the horse.

You want to make sure she’s brushed daily, never go against the hair though, it’s rather uncomfortable, and they do need their hooves picked daily.

She said demonstrating how to pull up their hoof, though she wasn’t sure the pregnant woman would be doing this right away as her arm ran down the mare’s leg, as a sign she wanted the horse to lift her foot. She looked at Layla to make sure she was paying attention.

You see around here? The middle part? They get a lot of muck in that part, which can in turn get infected, just take a pick and clean it out. It’s not too hard and doesn’t hurt them, in fact relieves them in so many ways.

She said, letting the horse have her leg back. Then she showed Layla how to brush the mare, before she put on a makeshift saddle. The normal tack Liliana used was very rare, and would be quite a trade, so she was sure Layla could get home with a blanket and roped reigns, which still at least had the bit for the horse to be directed.

Now when riding her, you don’t want to squeeze your legs against her sides, she’ll think you want to go faster, keep your legs loose and her reigns a little loose, but not too tight either, that way she’ll go at a nice walk, I don’t think you should go more than a walk with your pups and all, I don’t think it would be safe going faster. To stop pull up on the reigns. It’s quite simple.

She said, then stopped knowing it was a lot to take in all at once, if she knew how to write, she would, but Liliana did not have that luxury of learning when she was a young pup, but that mattered to her little, she was sure Layla would get what she was saying.

Any questions?

[/html]
[html]

SSWM: 514

Layla smiled as she looked over her new horse. She was so happy that she had decided to come out all the way. With pups on the way, she would now have something for them to do when they got older. They would be able to teach her pups how to help her take care of Starshine and then show them how to ride her when they were big enough. The only way she would let them ride when they were smaller was if they were riding with her and they remained on their best behavior. The mistress watched as Liliana moved the stool to the mare’s side. She was so happy that she would soon be able to ride her own horse. She hoped the animal wouldn’t mind her extra weight as she was riding. She knew this wouldn’t last too much longer and she would soon have her pups, but with the practice, she may be able to use the horse’s help to help her carry some heavy things around. Starshine herself seemed pretty large in size so she was sure she would be alright. The black and white she wolf moved to her side and began to gently brush her finger’s through the mare’s mane. It was gentle to the touch but felt a little knotted up. She figured this was just normal and would be able to take care of this later once she done learning how to ride.

Layla moved her ears up and followed Liliana around as she told her everything she needed to know about taking care of a horse. She knew this was coming and she made sure that she remembered everything. The wolf dog was a long ways from her home and she couldn’t just walk over every time she had a question about how to care for Starshine. The mistress followed every motion as Liliana did it so that she would be able to get the movements right once she returned home. Speaking of which, she would have to find a place where she could keep the mare back home. If she couldn’t find a suitable place, she would have to find someone to help her build a stable for her, or at the very least a stall. She shook her head and she figured she would be able to deal with that problem once she returned to Dahlia de Mai. Once her friend was ready to tell her how to ride, she stood at the mare’s side, ready to get on her back and try it out for herself. She nodded as she listened to Liliana explain about how to ride her and about the tack she was placing on her. The female felt she was ready to get on and beginning actually riding. She would request the wolf dog’s help just so that she could get on the animal. Once she was on, she would wait for her friend to lead her and teacher her. She was sure she would get on her own horse and show her how it was done.

[html]
<style type="text/css">
</style>

WC: 334 OOC: a couple more posts each I think ^^

Liliana tried to rush nothing as she watched the young female take in the horse and bond with it. She did want to make sure that the woman knew what to do, she was sure there was someone in Dahlia that knew about horses. She moved to where the stool was as Layla had slowly gone that way after what Liliana thought was checking the horse. she helped the young woman on the mare, and led them out the front door. She would not show the woman on her own horse as it was hard to see and Liliana really wanted to make sure that Layla did it right before she had her on her own way.

Ok so you make sure that your legs are loose, that tells her that you don’t want her to go too fast, and if you want her to move forward at a stand still, just tap your legs, not too hard, to get her to walk. Make sure the rope is nice and loose. It confuses her if you have it tight, thinking you want to stop, but not so loose either, because you want to steer her.

Liliana said. There was a bit to the whole of horseback riding but Liliana just wanted to make sure the pregnant female would make it home safely and comfortably.
Now I’m sure you got the gist with Grace, but you want to make sure to sway with the horse, that way it will be a bit more comfortable, just don’t have to sway too much or you may end up falling. Not too much to it.

She said, she waited for Layla to start the horse forward. It shouldn’t be too much, and Liliana had a rather loose hold on the rope but if something did happen, and the horse bolted, she would have the situation under control. She just hoped the woman would not fall down, as that was a definite possibility of losing her pups that way.

[/html]
[html]

Sounds good and sorry for the wait. SSWM:

Layla was in no way trying to rush Liliana so that she could get to the actual riding. She knew she needed to learn this stuff so she would be able to take care of Starshine on her own. She followed the wolf dog around and kept her attention fully on what she was doing. Considering there really wasn’t anyone else in Dahlia de Mai that didn’t own a horse, it was more important that she could take in this information and seem like the expert back home. The mistress smiled and then followed her over to the stool so she could get back up on the mare’s back. She could feel the butterflies in her stomach as her excitement level began to rise. As she got onto the horse’s back, she brushed her hand gently across it’s neck to relax it and know that she was there and to show that she was not going to try and hurt her. The black and white she wolf couldn’t believe she was going to get to ride a horse all on her own. She couldn’t wait to return home so that she could show her mate. Her ears pirked up as her friend began to speak again and told her what to do as she was leading them out of the stables. She let her legs hang loosely at the mare’s sides and her eyes remained forward so she could see where she was going. Being cautious seeing as she was pregnant and did not wish to lose her litter, she made sure she did everything she was told. She held the ropes as loosely as she was allowed as instructed by her new teacher. She didn’t want the horse to be in control seeing as she had no idea what it would do. The she wolf wanted to be in control and tell the mare where she wanted to go with her movements. She continued to listen to her instructions before even beginning to try and move with the horse.

Layla nodded her head gently as she sat back up and then tapped at the horse’s side so she would begin to move forward slowly. So far the ride was going wonderfully. The horse was just going at a slow speed, one prefect for the pregnant mistress. She was also glad to have Liliana there to help guide Starshine. She didn’t think she’d be able to do this on her own for the first few times. A smile appeared on her face as she moved with the horse and walked along near the stables. There were butterflies in her stomach but she knew that as she got better, these would go away. Once again she felt herself brushing her hand along the creature’s neck as she spoke. ”Good girl Starshine.” The black and white she wolf was so happy and couldn’t wait to be able to do this with her mate and pups, that was of course assuming that they would also have fun riding on a horse. She couldn’t wait to return home and show Saluce. She looked to her new friend and smiled. ”Thank you so much for teaching me Liliana. I’ve learned a lot since I’ve come here.”

[html]

OOC here!

Liliana was happy to make the expecting mother into a horseman… or woman. It was a nice feeling and she could tell that Layla was enjoying it as much as she did when she first started riding. She smiled happily as the woman thanked her.

Oh there’s nothing to it, I just hope that this brings both of our packs together more. I was happy to teach you.

She said, brushing away the compliments. She loved them but was still getting use to the idea that she actually deserved them. She figured that the woman finally had enough knowledge to head home, and she got Grace.

I can lead you to the borders, I’m sure you are exhausted from today, all this learning and walking.

She giggled. Giving the wolf a smile. She started moving towards the borders, letting the young woman soak in what she had learned. Lili was in her own deep thoughts as well and soon they were at the borders whe she would see off her guest.

It really was nice meeting you, I hope to in the future. Take care!

<style>
.lili-z29 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.lili-z29 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.lili-z29 b {color:#2D150B; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.lili-z29 {background-color:#F4EFDB; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/liligift.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#8C4D34; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 230px 0px; }
.lili-z29-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
Table by Sie
[/html]
[html]

sorry for the wait. We can close this now. SSWM: 427

Layla was so happy that she was able to learn something new today that she would be able to pass down to her upcoming children. She would be able to teach them how to ride Starshine. She was glad that she was able to make another friend on her journey and one outside of Dahlia de Mai. Perhaps once her children had come and they were a bit older, she would be able to visit outside of the packs more often and see just what else was out here. The mistress turned her orbs back to her new friend and smiled. ”Thank you again for teaching me. I do not think I would have been able to learn this back home. I’m glad I came out here today.” The black and white she wolf pet the horse gently as they continued along. She was doing very well in putting up with the pregnant woman. She was so glad things went so well. Perhaps they would be able to get better as well once she got home and into the arms of her mate.

Layla saw that it was getting rather late and she should be heading home. She looked over to the wolf dog as she said she could lead her to the borders. She smiled and nodded as she tried to sit up straight as Starshine walked. She kept her eyes on her new friend as they made their way to the borders of the pack. The mistress could not believe it was getting late already and she would have to go home now. Once the pair had made their way to the borders, she gave the wolf dog on last smile before nodding. ”It was a pleasure to meet you too Liliana. Perhaps we will see each other again some time after my children are born.” With that, the black and white she wolf was off on her own, riding her new horse all the way back home. She knew she would have to find a place to keep the horse while she was there, but that was better left for another day. Once she arrived back home from the pack. She carefully managed to get herself off the horse and looked around for a place she could tie him until the next day when she could work on finding him a home in Dahlia de Mai. She tied the reins to a small tree before petting her and then going inside. She was tired from her eventful day and longed to go to bed.