looking for something wild
[html]<style type="text/css">
#artemis{width:420px; margin:auto; background-color:#35100d; border:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... table1.png); background-position:bottom; background-repeat:no-repeat;}
#artemis p{color:#cb300d; text-align:justify; line-height:14px; font-family:arial, sans-serif;}
#artemis i{color:#c47b6d; padding-left:10px;}
#artemis b{color:#c47b6d;}</style>

private, set in the Trenches! 300+

Soft blue eyes scanned the area ahead as Artemis Marino moved forward, away from Crimson Dreams lands. She was almost six months old now, so that meant that she was allowed to adventure outside of the pack lands, right? She certainly hoped so, because that morning she had gotten that adventurous gleam in her eye that told her she needed to go and find something exciting to do. Despite all of Artie's adventures and her rambunctious nature, the silver-tipped growing girl had never been outside of the pack lands. It was not that she was afraid, but merely because she knew her parents would probably be sooo mad at her if they found out. They had not told her explicitly that it was okay to leave, so... It probably wasn't.

That did not stop her from leaving, though, and she hardly hesitated as she moved farther and farther away from the Dreamer territory. The land was green in some places and sharp rock in others, but she was not of the mind to be deterred by such a thing. Instead, she moved more quickly, the lanky puppy grinning madly. The rocks might be considered dangerous by some, but she was enjoying herself by jumping around them and all the while moving father away from her pack. Unknowingly, she was moving in an arc towards AniWaya, the tribe she did not know much of. She had heard the name, but that was all. Briefly she considered going to visit Heath in Cour des Miracles like he had once said she could, but she didn't know where that was, so instead she continued hopping and moving quickly, humming to herself quietly underneath her breath. She wondered what she would find when she got to wherever it was that she was going! She hoped it was something awesome and cool and wild.

[/html]
[html]

You can feel free to pp Artemis running into Onawa in your reply :3 300+

Today Nayati had decided to head out from the lands that the tribe owned and explore what was just beyond the barbed fence. The last time that he had left the claimed territory he had headed west, so today he decided to head out east. Even though he had found a handsome dreamcatcher in that old human town to the west, he had no desire to visit the place again anytime soon. The dead race's leavings still made him uneasy and he did not trust the structures they had left behind in the least. They seemed places of ill omens and spirits to him and he had no desire to provoke such forces. As he walked out of AniWayan lands with Onawa beside him he found this direction much more to his liking. Open, natural land as far as his keen eyes could see. Yes, this was much better. As always he had his bow and quiver of arrows slung over his shoulder, just in case he came across any worthy prey to catch and bring back home.

They had been walking for a good while when he noticed Onawa pause for a moment and then head towards something that had clearly caught her attention. Nayati stopped too, looking in the direction his Guide had suddenly headed towards. For a moment he saw nothing, but then he saw a little head and tail pop out above the grass. That was odd. Even though he was a good distance away, that looked like a fairly young wolf to be out all on their own in neutral lands. The Utina male started following in Onawa's path, but the large cat would reach the pup before he would. Hopefully they would not be frightened too terribly by her. They were lucky that it was his Spirit Guide coming up to them and not a puma of flesh and blood.

<style type="text/css">
.onawafall b {font-weight:bold; color:#BF6C21; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.onawafall-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:arial, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right; }
.onawafall p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.onawafall {margin:0 auto; width:404px; background-color:#E19123; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... wafall.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #784E1E; padding: 300px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#EAB66E; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
.onawafall-line1 {width:376px; border-bottom:1px dotted #F1B66A; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
#artemis{width:420px; margin:auto; background-color:#35100d; border:1px solid #000000; background-image:url(http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... table1.png); background-position:bottom; background-repeat:no-repeat;}
#artemis p{color:#cb300d; text-align:justify; line-height:14px; font-family:arial, sans-serif;}

300+

This was the most daring that the little Marino girl had ever been, as she had never left the pack's territory before. She was certain that neither Silvano or Parker had ever left the pack lands, so she was the most daring of her siblings, or so it seemed to be true. There was no one out here to watch over her, try to protect her, or most importantly, to baby her. Artemis Marino didn't need anybody to protect her anymore; she was almost old enough to shift, for heaven's sake! That practically made her an adult. Adults didn't have anyone telling them to "be careful," and she grimaced at the thought of how many adults had told her just those words. She loved being a puppy, but she was close enough to adulthood that she didn't really need anyone to watch her and try to keep her safe without letting her adventure.

It was with this mentality that she continued to bound up and down and over the strange terrain, and so involved with the freedom that she was, she was startled to see a large, sandy-colored creature ahead of her. Artemis skidded to a stop, ears flattening back for only a moment before she lifted them again in defiance. She would not be scared. Artemis Marino would not be afraid of anything, and she especially wouldn't be while she was outside of the pack lands. That would only prove all of the adults that worried about her right, and she just wouldn't have that. Summoning more defiance, Artemis puffed out her chest almost comically. "Don't even think about eating me!" she yelled at the large feline, hoping it would leave her alone and not eat her today. She had never been faced with such a potential danger before, so perhaps that was why she was not as scared as she should have been. She didn't know what there was to fear.

[/html]
[html]

300+

It didn't take long for the puma Spirit and the young wolf's paths to intersect and when they did the girl came to an abrupt stop and her ears fell back against her head. This was certainly the kind of reaction Onawa had been expecting, but what happened next was not. The silver tipped youth quickly recovered herself and puffed herself up, stating very strongly that Onawa should not get any ideas about making a meal out of her. The Guide was most often a stoic being, but this kind of antics elicited a low laughter from her. "I couldn't eat you even if I wished to, little one. You're either very brave or very foolish to stand up to one such as me though. You are lucky that I am not of this material plane, or you likely would be getting eaten now." If she had been a real mountain cat, this pup would have been dead before she could utter her words of defiance.

Nayati came up just in time to see the end of the exchange between the young wolf and his Spirit Guide. Onawa had never been one to sugarcoat an important lesson, and it certainly was important for the girl to learn that pumas were not the sort of creature to stand up to on one's own. As the hunter's nose worked he caught the strong scent of Crimson Dreams upon the youth, and a smile came to his face. "A little far from home are we? I doubt your parents know you are out here all alone, small Dreamer. It can be dangerous out in the world." If she had the guts to stand up to Onawa without knowing she was a Spirit, then clearly there were some lessons she needed to learn before striking out on her lonesome as she was right now.

<style type="text/css">
.onawafall-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:arial, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right; }
.onawafall {margin:0 auto; width:404px; background-color:#E19123; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... wafall.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #784E1E; padding: 300px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#EAB66E; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
.onawafall-line1 {width:376px; border-bottom:1px dotted #F1B66A; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
[/html]

300+

Admittedly, most of what the large feline said to her was not something that Artemis understood, for she knew nothing of spirits and spirit guides. However, she was able to understand that the feline was not going to eat her, and she also heard what the guide had said about her being either very brave or very foolish. The answer to that was obvious, at least to herself. “I’m very brave,” she said, and so she believed it to be true. Artemis did not know much about the concept of fear, and she certainly was not going to be afraid of a strange feline when she was trying to prove how brave she was by exploring outside of the pack lands. Ears turned quickly at the approach of the strange man who seemed to be following the large feline, though Artemis was not able to know why he was doing this.

He spoke the words she hated to hear, even if it was not directly the words he said, but rather the message he meant to convey. Artemis adopted an unhappy expression, defiant and annoyed. “My parents don’t know I’m out here, but I don’t need anyone to take care of me at all,” she said stubbornly. Artemis had always been the most rambunctious out of her siblings, and that was including her three older siblings. She did not consider herself to be at an age where she needed someone to watch out for her, but then, she had never believed herself to be at an age like that. “Who are you? Why aren’t you afraid of the cat? I’m not afraid because I’m brave and strong,” she added. The man and cat were not going to hurt her, anyway, or so she assumed. At least the cat wouldn’t. Why, then, should she possibly be afraid of being out on her own?

[/html]
[html]

300+

Onawa's statements had been rhetorical, and not ones that she meant for the girl to answer. When the pup stated that she was very brave and not very foolish, the puma found herself chuckling at the young wolf's audacity. This child had a strong spirit. Reckless, perhaps, but strong nonetheless. She could use a touch of humility, but she was not the girl's Guide and she had already said her piece on the matter. If Nayati wished to try and instill some more sense in the girl, which he undoubtedly would, then he was welcome to it. The Spirit Guide would be more than willing to watch him try to verbally wrestle with the child. It would be entertaining, she had no doubt.

After his words were said, the young pup immediately adopted an annoyed and obstinate expression on her face and quite strongly stated that she was quite self sufficient and didn't need anyone's approval or guardianship. Nayati was not exactly used to dealing with such a strong willed youth, especially when it was a one-on-one exchange. His brows raised in surprise as she then bombarded him with her own barrage of questions. The man wasn't entirely sure how to react, but he ended up chuckling softly and shaking his head. "Well, well, don't you just have a bellyful of fire," he said jokingly. "I am Nayati Utina, of the AniWaya tribe, and this is Onawa, my Spirit Guide. I'm not afraid of her because she is my Guide, and she is not a real lion. If she were real, we would both do well to wish to escape from her. It has nothing to do with bravery or strength, a grown, real puma could easily kill you or me." He had seen the great cat's work, they were not creatures to be trifled with.

Nayati leaned over so his face was more on her level, his sharp blue orbs looking into her dark hued ones. "And who might you be young Dreamer?"

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]

Artemis squared her shoulders, soft blue eeys staring up at the tribal man. The obvious meaning was that she was more than capable of looking after herself, thank you very much. Gryffindor was really all that she knew, and even though she had been told small things about the other packs in the area, she did not know very much about the tribe. "Can I get one of those?" she asked Nayati, referring to the concept of a spirit guide. The young silver Dreamer did not know much about the AniWayan spirit guides, and she did not know what it would even be like to have one. Artemis would not ask about them, though, if she could help it. She loathed it when she didn't know something, because it made her look stupid. Or at least, she thought it probably did.

There was little that the young silver Marino disliked more than being told she shouldn't be doing something, and it seemed that most of the adults in her life told her that all the time. She did not like what Nayati had to say about what would happen if she had come across a real lion, so she ignored it. "I'm Artemis Marino. My mom is Savina, the Commander," she added, just incase Nayati had any real doubts about her strength and bravery and what not.

[/html]
[html]

300+

The young girl didn't give any ground and clearly was filtering out the things that he said that she didn't wish to hear. She was headstrong, that much was obvious. It seemed she was at that stage of youth where one thought one was invincible and that they could do anything without help. Nayati wished to truly instill this important lesson about the dangers of other predators into her, but he was not her parent, nor even a member of her pack so he really had no authority to make her heed his words. The best he could do was to hope that some of what he had said would stick in her head and she would remember it if she ever needed to. "I do not see why you could not, if you went on a Spirit Journey. All the people of my tribe go on one when they reach adulthood to find their Guide." The Utina had never viewed the Spirits as something particular to AniWaya, but he had never met anyone outside of it that had a Guide. Perhaps that was because many others did not believe in the Spirits.

"It is good to meet you Artemis." The name of her mother was unknown to him, but clearly she must have been the leader of Crimson Dreams and this was meant to show him that she was fine on her own. "I am afraid I do not know Savina, but I have met Anu and Ghita." Nayati didn't have any idea what Ghita's standing in the pack was, but he did know that Anu was one of the other leaders of the neighboring pack. Maybe Artemis would find his advice more credible now that he had proven that he knew some of her packmates. Somehow, the man doubted that though.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]