Witch & Doctor
[html]

LAAAAAAAAATTTTEEEE T~T

Kemo had spoken aloud of the reaction that Alaine had obviously not been open to answer. Even more now Ralla focused, ears slanted forward to try and hear what Kemo heard. Why would the wolfess be intimidated by a simple question of her health? Unless... There were many possibilities to wanting to hide an issue of health. Pride as an apothacary? Secret injury? Long-term health problem that she wanted no one to worry about? Secret litter...? She had half-expected Alaine's reaction to her visions, though, even though it sounded more awe-struck than disbelieving. "If you'd like, as repayment for doing this, I could try to read your future. I just need the month of your birth, and I can go from there." She wondered if that would be enough to repay the kind female at all...

Alaine's explanation went further, and Ralla could tell just from the stiffening in his legs that Kemo was as shocked as she was. But then Kemo's ears went back and Ralla was quick to jump to her feet and move to his side, trying to calm him. She could understand his surprise--and anger, she supposed, although she had never experienced fury as a reaction to being caught off guard--but with him in such close proximity with signs of his frustration evident, she didn't want him to accidentally lash out at the kind apothacary. "I'm sure that's not what she meant, Kemo. But Alaine... I've never heard of such an infliction. What would cause Kemo to be blind without really being so...?" Indeed, that was a strange revelation. Is it possible that it's a curse? Is it something self-inflicted? Ralla was no master of healing like Alaine, so she eagerly awaited her answer while keeping her shoulder in contact with Kemo's, if not only to keep his anger rooted to a central spot without it growing out of control. She had never seen Kemo angry at all, but she knew how the beasts that plagued a wolf's heart could eat away and control them if they let them. She knew that all too well, except hers was the monster of loneliness. Oh, she remembered feeling cornered, no escape, no way to fight back against it. For the moment, blessedly, that monster was locked behind a cage of iron. Kemo's monster? She did not fully know, but at the very least she knew that the monster of wrath was gnawing on its own cage, trying to free itself. She would not let it happen.

Moon walks. "Moon talks." Moon thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.rallagift b {font-weight:bold; color:#F8F6F3; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.rallagift-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:verdana, serif; font-size:10px; color:#F8F6F3; text-align:right; }
.rallagift p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.rallagift {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#040303; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... astars.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:11px; color:#C66A26; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

[Image: RallaP-1.png]
[html]

table © Sie
ooc: :] wheeee
SoSuWriMo: 720

Kemo was a good patient. Alaine was thoroughly relieved at how amiable he was to the slightly intrusive proddings and pullings of her inspection - The big white wolf didn't budge, nor did he complain a single time. There was no reason at all for the apothecary to feel somewhat insecure about his presence; she had no clue that he had the ability to sense such things within her that were not obvious to those in possession of merely adequate senses. But there it was again! Something about the way the male gazed at her so intently with eyes that did not, but should, see. It was as though he was looking right through her frail frame, at the stirrings of secrets kept carefully hoarded within.

The question seemed to confirm her underlying fears. The woman visibly stiffened, although the smile remained plastered to her face. Emerald eyes watched the brute keenly, as though searching him for some sort of abnormality that would allow him to climb into her mind and sense her growing unease. "No, I- I am fine, of course. In good health, see?" Sweetly accented tone sounded falsely bright, even to Alaine's own ears. She followed up the statement by doing a quick turn, to show that her dancer's body was indeed intact, and appeared to be in honest health. Inside, though, another one of the small cramps caused that same ache as before, and her delicate body stiffened up again. If the lead healer was to be honest with herself, then perhaps she might have noted such early cramps for the serious problem they were, but the woman deluded herself with the happiness of her impending family. Nothing, nothing, would ruin the perfect image she held dear to her heart.

Ralla's gentle voice broke through the stillness in her head, and the collie-woman's shamrock green eyes slid quickly to her form, with a fair sparkle of relief. With the seer, at least, she did not feel as though she were being scrutinized; Ironic, perhaps, considering the ivory lady's professed supernatural talents. "That is very nice of you, miss Ralla. I was born in October." Though she was not a total believer, stern tradition had drummed into the woman that shamans were not to be trifled with, and as such she offered the woman a quick smile before returning her attentions to Kemo.

After her final declaration, the ivory-pelted pair seemed to still. It was clear that the information required a moment to sink in, but when it did, the male's reaction was sharp and surprising. Affronted by such sudden aggression, Alaine took a step backwards - Her mind adopted an instantaneous defensive mode, one delicate ivory hand dipping into her leather satchel and returning with the small healer's dagger concealed there. A shot of fear coursed through her veins - Protective fear, for that which she obsessively hoarded within her maternal body. If Kemo had moved but an inch toward her, the woman would have responded with similar aggression.

Luckily for them both, the seer had assessed the spiraling situation quickly, and leaped to sooth her male companion. Alaine took a moment to draw in a deep breath, the hand on her dagger relaxing slightly, although the weapon still remained in-palm. She had had enough episodes with unpredictable males to last her a lifetime, and to be thusly challenged on her own turf was pushing the boundaries of Alaine's kindliness. At Ralla's words, the apothecary allowed herself to be soothed slightly, although sharp green eyes remained on the male.

"There are few reasons why one such as he may have no sight," She began hesitantly, previously welcoming voice now frigid, "And I made no assumptions toward any of them. The condition could be hereditary, in which case his blindness comes from his parents and is due to a problem inside the eye - something I cannot detect. More likely is that his condition is the result of-" She paused, aware that her following words may cause more aggression from the male, and therefore phrasing them carefully continued, "Some sort of mental trauma. Perhaps he took a hit to the head, or maybe... Maybe suffered from some sort of traumatic event?" With a wary gaze she eyed the male, keen to see his reaction to such news.

<style>
.alaine-t49 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.alaine-t49 p {padding:2px 0px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.alaine-t49 b {color:#DCEAFF; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 2px; }
.alaine-t49 {background-color:#869EC0; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010d ... etable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#1E242D; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:475px; text-align:justify; }
.alaine-t49-border {width:479px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto;}
.alaine-t49 .inner {margin:113px 10px 10px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/25pct_white.png); border:1px solid #B6C9E5; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC:

Despite the quiet poking and prodding of Alaine's gentle and careful examination, a myriad of sounds seemed to bombard Kemo's ears. He could still pick up on the strange goings on within the healer's abdomen, though it was still beyond him to explain what it could possibly be. He seemed to hear every little twitch and kink in her body the more he concentrated, as if he was xraying her body with his ears. Ironic that she was the healer when he knew so much about her body without ever setting eyes on it. For example, the gentle gasps of pain that he wasn't sure even Alaine was aware of, nor Ralla at the moment.

Even when she declared yet again that she was sound of health, seemingly turning around to show him judging from the sounds of rapidly stepping paws touching down in different spots of varying distance from his ears. It was a moot gesture as what did she think he would have been able to gain from that? He couldn't see anything that was wrong because he couldn't see in the first place. Wasn't that obvious? "No actually, I can't see." He chuckled, giving the healer the benefit of thinking she wasn't used to dealing with sightless wolves, or she could have been showing Ralla instead. There was something different about this canine, that he was able to take away from the simple twirl she had performed.

Her heart had sped up the entire time before and during the twirl, the slight audible wince of pain causing Kemo's ears to twitch. He had also picked up on the odd tone in which she had chosen, or rather involuntarily chosen, to take when she had voiced her denial. He decided at that moment not to pursue the matter anymore. This canine had something to hide, that was for sure, and he let her keep her secrets. It wasn't his business to push.

In reaction to his sudden anger, he hadn't noticed Ralla coming to comfort him and try to control his anger until he felt a weight press against his side. He pushed back against her, letting her know that he would try to control himself, but he was beyond simply frustrated or mad. He turned his head to the side slightly to listen to Ralla, but her words only soothed his anger somewhat, not nearly enough to send the beast to sleep entirely.

Kemo just couldn't understand how anybody could say something like that to him. How could anyone tell a blind wolf that they weren't really blind? THat was the same thing as telling a crippled wolf that they could walk normally or telling a deaf wolf that they could hear, ironic as that was. It was an impossibility. No healer, wolf, wolfess, or any mortal creature could tell him that he wasn't blind without him getting angry about it, that was just a matter of fact. He had every right to be angry.

Something that should have set him off over the deep end was the gentle sound of metal scraping against leather. Luckily Ralla was there to at least keep the beast within his heart in check. He had been moments from flying off the handle, inches even, but he had managed to get ahold of himself a bit before he could do something he would regret thanks to her, and he was able to listen to Alaine's answer to Ralla's question, though it didn't sooth his anger in the slightest. If anything, it only increased it. "Oh so now you're saying I'm a mental case? Suffering from mental trauma, and that caused my blindness? There's an easy answer to that question Ralla, nothing. I'm sorry Alaine, I'm not declaring anything that concerns your skills with healing negatively in any way, but I honestly think you are wrong. I can't be blind but still be able to see, that's nothing but a contradiction. There's nothing that happened in my life that could have caused this besides physical trauma from the bear atta-"

Before he could say another word, however, his mind suddenly brought forth a vision, almost as if he was having a dream. In his mind, he went back to the day he was attacked by the bear, the last thing he saw before the darkness overtook his life. Everything was as it should be, the deer's tail, the howl, the storm, him turning around and seeing the bear, only this time it was different. He wasn't looking into the eyes of the bear..no...it was a creature, wolf like, though it was unlike any wolf he had ever seen. The most obvious detail, were the eyes..his mother's eyes...

"No...NO! No it can't...it can't be you...mother?" And with that, Kemo did something he had never before done in his life. He feinted, falling unconscious to the ground at Alaine's feet.

Kemo ”talks”, walks, and thinks.

<style type="text/css">
.kemoforest-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#7f7a5b; letter-spacing:1px; }
.kemoforest-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.kemoforest-a01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.kemoforest-a01 {margin:0 auto; width:370px; background-color:#121212; background-image:url(http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/8206/souls43.png); background-position:top center;
background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #000000; padding: 350px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: cambria, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#c0c0c0; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Fae
[/html]
[html]

Dramatic-post-derp Tongue

Ralla was so engrossed in keeping Kemo in check that she did not pay much attention to Alaine's movements or discreet reach into her leather bag. She could feel Kemo's fury rock his body, and she didn't want to cause a scene; especially one that could possibly alter pack relations, should Kemo attack her. Alaine's explanation was sound in base facts and reason, but Kemo kept getting riled. Well, how would I feel if I was told nothing around me existed and that it was all an illusion? ... Terrified. He's just reacting to it differently. Although she had never heard of a real-life case of Kemo's--being able to see but being blind--she had definately heard stories and rhymes made for the possibility of such a quirk. "Kemo, please. She's only trying to--" but then she stopped as Kemo's words did, his body going stiffer and his eyes staring off into space. Blind or not, he usually looked at the person he was talking to, and if he just looked off somewhere, then something was wrong. His breath grew labored, and she grew more worried the longer it took. "Kemo...?" What's this about a bear att--? A bear attack...? I vaguely remember he told me about it, so why is it harder now...?

She jumped back a few feet when he suddenly called out in a voice of terror and accusation, although it was directed to no one in particular. His last word, though--mother--made Ralla suck in a gasp. No... But wait, what am I thinking? It couldn't have been her, could it? Why would she...? I must be overthinking it. He must be...remembering something that has to do with her. Yes, that seems more likely-- While that stream of thought had takena few seconds, Ralla watched as if in slow motion Kemo's body collapsed to the ground in a heap. "Kemo!" Boy, she was saying his name a lot that day. What happened!? Crouching down a little, Ralla put her head to Kemo's chest and listened hard. Luckily, she could feel and hear breath coming smoothly; that was the least she could do. The rest... "Alaine, what happened? Did he just...faint? Is that all?" She prayed to the moon that that was all. She didn't think she could deal with a comatose Kemo. Bad thought; out of head right now. Sitting next to one side of Kemo's body, she watched over him as she looked up imploringly to Alaine to check him again. Ralla knew that he had just been extremely rude, but... No, giving excuses doesn't cut it. He was angry, he lashed out. Should he have? No. End of story...

The more she saw that Kemo was only sleeping--unconscious, perhaps from too much emotional strain--the more she relaxed a little. To get her mind off the earlier spat and to calm her nerves from the scare Kemo had given her, she nervously began to rake her brain for the October star sign while still watching over Kemo should he awake. "Your sign is Libra, the balance of justice and the sign currently ruling," she started, uneasily, scratching with a claw a few dots in the earth to symbolize the constellation of stars. In her mind, she connected these dots to other stars and then drew the patterns themselves out next to the constellation. What came up was...disturbing...but it explained much fo Alaine's behavior and Ralla's and Kemo's suspicions... No, Alaine's not alright... "Since it is October, your sign should be in an ascent. But because Libra is a balance sign, the first half of her rule is usually worse than her second. Since we're in the first half, your energy and confidence is low. Right now, the signs that surround her are the cave--home, family, and sometimes birth--and the sun--new life, passion, fire, journey, east, and a multitude of different meanings..." She was apprehensive to state the last sign that was in Alaine's fortune, and so left it out until she knew one more peice of information. Before she scared the lady, she had a very pertinant question to ask: "If I had to decipher this... Alaine... Are you...pregnant...?" It would make sense, based on behaviors and actions, even though Ralla couldn't see even the smallest baby-bump. And if so, why would Alaine try to hide it? She had seemed nervous when Ralla and Kemo had started their prodding on her health--more nervous than one should be--but now that the question was out, she could only await the answer. For Alaine's sake... She hoped that the answer was 'no'.

<style type="text/css">
.rallagift-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:verdana, serif; font-size:10px; color:#F8F6F3; text-align:right; }
.rallagift {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#040303; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... astars.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: verdana, serif; font-size:11px; color:#C66A26; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

[html]

table © Sie
ooc: buh buh buuuuh!
SoSuWriMo: 704

Alaine was teetering on the verge of a dangerous emotion herself. She had acted kindly enough, but within the dainty-looking woman was a surprisingly cold streak; she had faced many things in her life, and it would be unwise to consider her as an easy target. Dainty hands, so delicate and perfectly tailored to her modest profession, had once been known to rip the throat right out of a living man. So help her, if this Kemo threatened the lives of her soon-to-be-happiness...

But the dark spiral was stifled by a sudden and unexpected convulsion. The ivory male had frozen mid-speech, and already the Apothecary's dedicated mind was gauging this newest symptom, fitting it neatly in with all the rest. A theory was conjuring slowly within the collie's mind, as to the mysterious case of Kemo the Blind, but in her currently danger-fraught state, she would not be willing to disclose.

Leave them. The thought came quickly, and the cream woman stilled, even as her emerald eyes played over the touching scene that unraveled before her. Leave them - Find Vigilante, have him send some brawn to chase them off. In truth, the thought was not as cruelly uncalled for as it had seemed - These two strangers had broken a largely-kept taboo, in showing such feckless aggression on land that was not of their blood. And worse, that the recipient be a healer; a pregnant healer. In her homeland, such disrespect would have been rewarded with fearsome reprieve. She would have been well within her moral rights to desert them here.

In the end, it was Ralla's plaintive tone that made up her mind. The woman clearly cared deeply for her companion. Perhaps they were a mated pair. It would be unwise to offend a Shaman by leaving her mate to suffer, and though she lacked a distinct belief in all things otherworldly, Alaine had a respectable fear for those who were deemed to wield such unnatural power. With a small growl that was partial frustration, and partial wariness, the healer woman finally succumbed to her base instinct, and moved forward to kneel beside the prone form of the fallen wolf. One ivory hand was held up to Ralla, so the woman would not interrupt. Then, with much caution, she prized open Kemo's jaws, and pulled his tongue out. If indeed he had fallen temporarily unconscious, it would not do for him to choke on his own flaccid tongue, as some prone figure had known to do. Then, with quick but assured movements, she peeled back the male's eyelid to observe the roundness of her pupil, muttered some foreign words under her breath, and rested on gentle palm on his ribcage. It moved up and down, up and down; Kemo was alive, and not having some sort of spasm. As to whether he had feinted, or was comatose - Only time would tell.

"He lives and breaths, Seer." Her voice, though still frosty, was not as clipped as before. This drama was tiring her, and the rush of adrenaline had left her feeling weak.

The two women were now seated. Some of her crankiness was relieved when Ralla once more began to speak - Not in a voice that pleaded partition for the rudeness of her shocked friend, but instead in the tone of those who knew how to see more than just this mortal plane. Libra. She found she liked the sound of such a 'sign', and listened further, inclining her head to show that the other had permission to continue. Then, amazing! Such things came from the ivory wolfess' maw that Alaine knew, in her heart, to be true. What single words she spoke had come to pass, their relevance heeded in turn by the now avidly listening Apothecary. And a question: For a moment, her heart froze, and within her unfurled the last tendrils of fear. There was no point in lying now. "Yes," And, unwary of the warning withheld in the other female's gaze, a sudden and warm smile suddenly stretched about her face. Oh, euphoria! Finally, she had told someone, told someone of the miracle happening within the body she had once assumed barren! "I am, Ralla. Yes."

<style>
.alaine-t49 b {color:#DCEAFF; letter-spacing:-.2px; text-shadow:#000000 2px 2px 2px; }
.alaine-t49 {background-color:#869EC0; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010d ... etable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #FFFFFF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#1E242D; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:475px; text-align:justify; }
.alaine-t49 .inner {margin:113px 10px 10px 10px; padding:10px; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/25pct_white.png); border:1px solid #B6C9E5; border-radius:20px;-moz-border-radius:20px; -webkit-border-radius:20px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC: Sorry Sad I'm such a procrastinator D: Figured this would be a good time for Ralla to let Alaine know the bad news, that way it wouldn't be so awkward with Kemo there Tongue Despite the crazy awkwardness it's about to be all ready XD

Kemo was knocked out cold, completely oblivious to the world around him. He didn't feel or hear when Ralla touched him and spoke to him, nor when Alaine touched him and performed her gentle examination. Had he been conscious, he would have realized how much Ralla had seemed to worry about him at that point, as well as Alaine's reaction and now more obvious aggression. Heartbeats thumped gently in the unconscious wolf's ears, words were exchanged between the two females, but Kemo wasn't in the waking world anymore.

Instead, he was somewhere else, far from the lands of Nova Scotia. Ralla may have recognized some of it, but he really wasn't sure how much of his homelands that she knew or if she ever visited the Blood Moon Pack's territories at all. He knew them however, knew them better than the back of his paw. He grew up in these lands, hunted in this forest with his father and mother, hid in these bushes as a pup playing games. He was trained by his father in this den area and slept in the cave he now walked up to.

A quick survey of the inside of the den and around the pack's den area told him nobody was here. Unknown to himself, he was mumbling in his sleep, though he was still clearly passed out. "Where is everybody? Why is it so quiet here?" The only thing place they could be was of course out hunting, or perhaps in a pack meeting. He reared his head back and released a howl, though it was only very quiet mumble, almost puppy like, in the waking world. He stood and waited for an answer, ears swiveling in all directions, but nothing came. Not even the sounds of the forest came to his ears, the familiar sounds he would only recognize in his homelands. Had he exchanged his blindness for deafness in this place?

At that moment he felt a warmth on his chest, but within moments it disappeared. He didn't stop to contemplate it however, as at that moment he saw the distinct flash of white fur out of the corner of his eye. Once again, he mumbled in his sleep. "Who's there? Ralla? Is that you?" He padded cautiously into the woods, nose twitching madly as he searched for a scent. He had no idea what was happening to the world outside his mind, unable to see or hear anything that was going on, though he wouldn't have been able to see anyways.

<style type="text/css">
.kemoforest-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.kemoforest-a01 {margin:0 auto; width:370px; background-color:#121212; background-image:url(http://img833.imageshack.us/img833/8206/souls43.png); background-position:top center;
background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #000000; padding: 350px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: cambria, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#c0c0c0; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Fae
[/html]
[html]

*cue dramatic music with violins that hold the highest note and then go silent*

Ralla looked down momentarilly when Kemo muttered in his sleep, worried about what exactly had made him feint, but reassured of his living health when Alaine told her that he was at the very least still on the mortal plain. If we was receiving some sort of divine intervention from the moon, she wouldn't know; she had never feinted when a revelation had come, but maybe that was because she was trained for they duty. And although Shamans were supposedly the only ones able to hear the moon, Kemo did have the sign of the chosen few; the moon would favor him above the other tribe members, already having stated so by placing the mark on his chest. She could even make out a part of the strange coloration pattern that was a faded black on the male's chest; a curving crescent that was just naturely imprinted in the strands of snowy fur.

Alaine's face held many personas as Ralla gave her explanation, and Ralla's fear of the last sign came to light when the woman answered 'yes'. It would kill Ralla--mostly, it would kill Alaine--when she told her about the last sign. And she just couldn't leave it out; Ralla would feel guilty and be betraying her duty as a Shaman. But Alaine's face; she looked so happy to tell Ralla that she was pregnant; so happy. And Ralla was about to destroy it... Either way she was guilty, and knowing things, for a moment, seemed a burden too heavy to bear. Ralla had only ever lost her mother, but she didn't remember her face much. How would Alaine feel, knowing about the pups inside her were destined for...? Shivering and licking her lips once, Ralla continued on.

"There is...one more sign in Libra's rule for you, Alaine." The next words would be terrible, terrible words; and Ralla would be delivering them. Some 'thank you' for her helping Kemo... "The raven. Sometimes it is seen as a travel guide, but it is mostly affiliated with...evil things. Alaine, these signs are not the same for every Libra living; each is determined differently depending on the person. But... Alaine, I'm so sorry, the pups..." She didn't want to say it; didn't want to see the female's face if she broke. Didn't want to condemn the pups in her. But she hadn't done that; the moon had. And Ralla was only its messenger, not the great deity itself; she was only the messenger... And look what terrible thing it had made her say...

"They will be still-birth..."

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]

[html]

table © Sie
ooc: time to wrap this up! kemo might want to wake up in his next post c: this is my last post, btw!
Wordcount: 3+

Beside the two women, Kemo seemed to be dreaming. Alaine could feel the natural and rhythmic pulsing of his heartbeat, and beneath his eyelids the male's sightless eyes were flickering. She took these signs as good indications that Kemo was merely feinted - Had he been comatose, his body would have been entirely still, and his pulse would have been shallow.

Granted that her patient was stable, Alaine once more allowed her full attentions to drift over to the ivory wolfess, expecting some sort of mirrored glee about the information she had just been gifted. It felt so rare, so gloriously euphoric, to be able to tell this woman - This complete and utter stranger, seer or not - about the life that dwelled within her. The life she had thought would never spring forth from ruined womb again.

But instead, Ralla's features seemed peculiarly blank, almost foreboding. The smile that had brightened Alaine's pixie features froze, then dimmed uncertainly. A peculiar feeling started from deep within her - A feeling that she had stifled and ignored since it first arose. That dull, heavy ache.

If she was to be honest with herself, the Apothecary would have already known the words that were to slip from the snow-white shaman's maw. But she deluded herself, and as such, they came with the painful force of a physical blow.

She waited, unable to move, until those final terrible words had left Ralla's mouth, spoken in such a sympathetic tune. Then the woman recoiled; she rose instantly to her feet, and began to back away from the pair, emerald eyes wide and wild as they sought to comprehend the terrible tearing feeling in her chest. "How dare you..." The words were hissed poisonously, a tremor running through her slender frame as wearied mind battled to fight back the oncoming tide of despair. "How DARE you tell me such lies!" The feral snarl ripped forth from normally meek mouth, a single tear sliding down one cream and ivory cheek.

She stood for a moment, trembling, before one hand rose to point at the seated woman. "Get off this land," deadpan voice was hollow of emotion, "Leave, and do not come back. You are not welcome here."

The shaken woman would stay long enough only to see them go from her sight, and then she herself would depart.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC: TIme to wrap this up for you Alaine, me and Ralla still have an extension of this thread to do XD I think you might get a kick out of his dream Rachel Smile And so begins Kemo's descent into madness...

Still locked far away in dreamland, Kemo was still cautiously padding through the woods, looking all around him in an effort to find out why he was here. Why had the Moon brought him back to this place? The forest seemed still, as though the entire world was holding its breath in his presence. Should he be finding a way out of here, or is there something he needs to see somewhere in this seemingly infinite stretch of woods?

It was then that he caught sight of it. A small fawn, the exact one that he had seen and hunted on the day he had lost his sight and his entire family. This deer was the last thing he had ever seen in his life, though more specifically it was the tail, and he now knew why he was here. The Moon had brought him here to give him one more chance at his old life, one more chance to catch this deer and live his life as he thought it was intended, sight returned and growing up with his family. He yipped happily, though his ears were drooping. What about Ralla? What was to become of her? Was he supposed to just leave her behind and forget about her?

As if to answer his question, a large black bird suddenly appeared over the top of the trees and flew down to land on a branch directly in front of him. He could clearly see himself reflected in the bird's eyes, as if they were a still pond that showed his reflection back to him, but there was something strange about his reflection, or rather reflections as he realized each eye showed a different reflection. In one of the bird's eyes, blood covered his fur in spatters from head to toe, and he wasn't standing on four legs as he was now. He was in his optime form and his eyes were as they were now, though they were as black and cold as the bird's feathers were. In this eye, he watched, transfixed, as the Kemo in the eye began to set his homeland on fire, rape wolfesses, throw pups into the fire, mercilessly attack anything that got in his way, all with a smile plastered on his muzzle, as if he was enjoying the acts of merciless slaughter.

He watched as the view shifted to Ralla, sitting down and crying silent tears of blood, but she was kissing the evil Kemo, as if she loved him despite all the things he was doing, even as Kemo was literally dragging a clawed hand up her back, leaving trails of blood. He was hurting her, and yet she still kissed him. Then the bird blinked his eyes and Kemo's attention was focused on the other eye. In this one, the Kemo seemed to glow, the eyes particularly, with a white aura. He watched as this Kemo rescued the pups from the fire, comforted the wolfesses, threw himself onto the flames, and bandage the wounds given to the wolves and wolfesses who had gotten in the other Kemo's way. In this eye, Ralla wasn't crying tears of blood. Instead, there were only tears, but she looked so happy to be in the arms of this Kemo, who was caressing her back instead of slicing it open, and there was a large smile on his face.

Then the image changed and in each eye of the bird stood their respective Kemos, supposedly evil and good, both staring at him with intent looks instead of unfocused gazes. Without warning, the bird suddenly burst into flames and landed on the ground at Kemo's feet, setting the grass on fire and bathing the entire side on Kemo's right of the forest with fire, leaving the entire left side untouched and intact, as if Kemo was the centerpiece and the only thing keeping the flames back. Then as quickly as it started, the forest was back to normal again, no evidence of the fire clearly visible.

"What the hell was that all about? Is this supposed to be a vision from the Moon? What does it mean?" No answer came, no magic raven coming to answer his questions, but something did catch his eye. The white tail of the fawn through the bushes, just as it had been so on that fateful day. This time he ran towards it, but was stopped in his tracks as he heard a growl behind him. He was back in his puppy body again, back to that fateful day, back to the shock that had concealed this memory from him.

He turned to look and was rooted to the spot, staring into the eyes of a large white creature that looked like it could be mistaken for a large white bear. But it wasn't. His mother's eyes stared back at him, full of hurt and anger, and he realized something that he had never known all his life. He cringed as her clawed hand suddenly flew toward his face, and it was at that moment that he woke up suddenly, yelping as if he had just gotten stabbed, loud enough to wake the dead, scrambling back away from the imaginary creature in his mind straight back towards Ralla, accidentally of course, and thrashed about wildly. Though he was conscious, he was completely oblivious to the situation around him, the vision of his mother attacking him repeating itself over and over in his mind, as a record player might get stuck on a certain spot. All he could think about was what had crossed his mind in the dream, vision, whatever it was, what he now believed to be true.

His mother had tried to kill him.

With that realization, he suddenly heard the feral snarl, snapping him out of it and placing himself between Ralla and Alaine, shaking his head even as he did so, still recovering from the faint. His hackles raised and he snarled as well, staring dominantly into the eyes of the Optime female, though he was in lupus form, he wouldn't have time to change, but he wasn't about to let the female think she had an advantage. With Ralla in danger, his only friend in the darkness, nothing would prevent him from saving her life. "Only the Alpha of this pack can declare if we are welcome here or not, so I would suggest you calm down before things get out of hand." He was confused, but kept his guard up. Why was she acting so hostile? Did he miss something? "Ralla, we should get out of here before something bad happens, something is wrong with Alaine and I don't want to hurt her."

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Fae
[/html]
[html]

Thanks for posting everyone! Big Grin

She had expected no less of an enraged reaction, nor had she not expected to be so openly despised. But she was at a loss when Alaine railed at her to leave; she couldn't just leave Kemo as he was on the ground and in such a state, nor could she do anything to retaliate without breaking territory rules. She tucked her tail in between her legs as an obvious show of respect, trying to placate the woman, struggling for the right words to say. It would figure, that then of all times her tongue had chosen to be ineloquent.

It turned out that her voice wasn't needed as Kemo jerked awake as if charged with lightning. She almost said his name before her expression turned from meek to startled as he began to display aggression to Alaine's fury. "Kemo, no...! We have no right," she whispered to him, trying them to calm his anger as she had tried earlier. It was obvious that he was emotionally distraught, but she had to make him understand that this was her territory and she had invited them in; she had every right--and then some, considering the circumstances--to demand their leave. She shouldered up to his side and tried to pry him back step by step, tried to prevent anymore heartache. Sugar was already neighing in anxiety, Alaine's anger and body posture disturbing the quarter horse's normally complacant nature. "We'll leave," she said plainly to Alaine, not making any sort of eye contact.

With a heavy heart she left Alaine as she was, fearing that if she said anymore she would only worsen the situation. For the moment she was more worried about Kemo's condition and would thence interrogate him about his dream that he had obviously had when they were out of the Cour des Miracles reach. Only then would Ralla even try to attempt to forget the terrible fate of Libra.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]