Im New and Confused. Help Please!?!
Hi my name is Blackfoot, I'm new here and I am a little confused about what I have to do next!

I have edited my characters profile (personality, appearance, biography etc) and now I don't know weather I can join in role playing straight away or do I have to wait for you to take a look at my character?

Oh and another thing! I based my character on a wolf picture I liked, but I can't use it as my avatar picture.
What file size can I upload?
Hello, and welcome to Souls!

Are you thinking of joining a pack, or joining as a loner? [html]On this page[/html] we have the joining forms for both. If you plan on joining a pack, you would fill out the first form on that page, and post it along with your initial joining post in the forum for the pack you would like to join. If you want to join as a loner, you would fill out the second form and post it in [html]this forum[/html] and wait for one of our admins to accept you.

As for the avatar, if your file size is bigger than 20 KB, you won't be able to upload it to our server. It might be easier then to upload it to an image hosting site if it's too big, such as Tinypic or Photobucket, and then paste the url into the box on the avatar page.

Hopefully that clears it up? And if you have any other questions, feel free to ask. ^_^
Ooh, Jenny shadowposted me ;D -edits-

Yeah, what she said. :3

Our avatars here have a 200x200 pixel maximum for size.
Name: Black Foot

Birthdate: 1st January 2007.

Regular Wolf

Species: Wolf- Canus lupus/arctos.

Contact me on: milly_hamtaro_moo@yahoo.co.uk

No currently played characters - Im new here!

'Souls was suggested to me by a role play website.

3 Roleplaying Examples:

'His black eyes widened, the whites of his eyes showed. His dirty black hackles stood up, his ears flew back and his muscles tensed with severe anxiety, he let out a hoarse whimper as he avoided staring submissively at his elders'

'She lay calmly on the grassy river bank. Her eyes closed and her ears relaxed. She sensed another wolf and opened her eyes. Seeing a female approaching her tail swept slowly and serenely several times across the ground. As she approached she whined calm gentle greeting and licked her several times on the muzzle excitably.'

'She blissfully trotted amongst the dry misty forest, her paws making the autumn leaves on the ground crunch beneath her, she was unaware as of yet of any danger she stopped at a misty pool of water thirstily lapping up the dark murky water.'
Would you like for Blackfoot to join a pack, or be a loner?
Hi!

Quick note -- I see that the wolf picture you liked and based your character off of is an illustration rather than a photo. Please make sure the artist allows usage of the image and to credit them either in your signature or in your profile. If you're not sure that the artist has given permission for the image to be used, or are not sure who the artist is, it will need to be removed. :>
I would like to join a pack please.

And I have edited my existing avatar to look like my character just wondering what TYPE of picture can I have?

I have tried making it a GIF and JPEG. But they won't work. I wondered if any of these are allowed?

-PNG
-BMP
-PDF
-TIFF

Thanks for your help Smile

Blackfoot x
QUOTE (Arkham Lykoi @ Oct 14 2010, 04:24 PM)
Hi!

Quick note -- I see that the wolf picture you liked and based your character off of is an illustration rather than a photo. Please make sure the artist allows usage of the image and to credit them either in your signature or in your profile. If you're not sure that the artist has given permission for the image to be used, or are not sure who the artist is, it will need to be removed. :> [/quote]
I have not based it off the illustration I have used for my avatar. The wolf picture I based my character on is off Flickr. I will not be using the photo around the site or for anything else but basing my character off of it so I don't really need to ask for permission.

Also I got the illustration from photobucket as you recommended. The image used is actually created by someone related to me so I have complete permission to use it.
I noticed you mentioned you wanted to join a pack yet you posted in the loner/creature forum. Do you still wish to join a pack? If so, you would go to the pack you wish to join, fill out the joining form for them and either make a post to have your character coming to the borders or you can join OOCly if the pack you want to join allows that.
Quote:The image used is actually created by someone related to me so I have complete permission to use it.

Ah, okay. Cool. We'd like artists to be credited in either your signature or your profile, if possible, but if the person does not have much of an online presence, then I suppose it doesn't matter much.

Quote:I have tried making it a GIF and JPEG. But they won't work. I wondered if any of these are allowed?

-PNG
-BMP
-PDF
-TIFF

The current avatar you're using is a .JPG/.JPEG and it's working, no? .PNG files are also allowed as avatars, but the others are not.

And yes, as Fy'Ra/Layla mentioned, if you'd like to join a pack, you will need to post your joining form in the pack's forum.