Mix It Up
[html]
Maybe something new and different and exciting? : D Anyone welcome! Element's becoming quite the lazy cat. xD

The black cat lazily sat upon a shelf, one paw resting on a page in an old, yellowed book. The words were delicate, intricate; they looked as though if Element breathed, they'd fly off the page and out into the library. It was just another lazy day in his home - another lazy day of love for the books that he never dreamed he'd finish. It was good, though, that he wouldn't finish all of them - a cat wasn't a cat without curiosity, and curiosity couldn't exist without mystery.

Mystery - what a mysterious thing! Element thought as his eyes drooped lower and lower. This window was up against the outdoors, which was hot from the heat of the sun. The routine had been the same from day to day - wake up, read, hunt, perhaps converse with a Luperci or two...or a bird or two...then return and read some more. He mostly read fiction - if not for the stories, which were often colorful and beautiful, then for the undertones of the stories. Just from reading, he could find out what the author's mood had been, what they were thinking, even who they were. It was interesting - worlds and worlds of people and places to explore, and all from his abode.

Element, for all his thinking, felt his eyelids sinking lower and lower. The warm sun felt so nice on his fur...and the day was so lazy, just a lazy Saturday in this world...and slowly, the black-furred cat succumbed to sleep.

<style type="text/css">
.elementblu b {font-weight:normal; color:#26c326; letter-spacing:.5px; }
.elementbluooc {text-align:right;font-style:italic; padding: 5px 5px 5px 5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;color:#fff;}
.elementblu p {text-indent:25px; padding:1px 10px 1px 10px; margin:0px;}
.elementblu {margin:0 auto; width:470px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy46 ... tabblu.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #fff; padding: 330px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#fff; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Hi Element Big Grin. WC: 370 {3 points}

Sanuye was still getting used to her surroundings, but was still a bit cautious whenever she ventured outside of the AniWaya borders. While she wasn’t aware of the other packs in the area, she heard there was a nearby city known as Halifax. Because the distance seemed a bit of a ways, she prepared Niyol so he would be ready to ride. The horse was casually waiting for her near the den as she took a patterned cloth her adoptive mother gave her and laid it gently on his back. Once the coyote let him out, she hopped up onto his back and gently grabbed his mane. Niyol jerked his head a bit and the hybrid was on her way.

It took a while before Sanuye actually made it to the city. It sure was abandoned, but more than that, she wondered how anyone could live in such conditions. She gently rubbed Niyol’s side as he continued into the city. Grass poked its way out of the ground and in the cracks of the decaying road. The coyote kept her silvered gaze ahead until she came to one building in particular. She slid off Niyol and told him to wait for her here. She read the sigh and then looked to the out walls of the building. It was covered in green. A smile crossed the hybrid’s face as she went inside.

The inside was not exactly as nice as it was on the outside. Inside it seemed too dark and gloomy for her liking. She was about to turn away when she shook her head. No, she was going to break out of running away and move forward. Her heart began to beat fast as she continued along. Eventually the coyote made her way to the library and looked around. The sun beamed in through the windows and to the many books it contained. She moved over and began to read the sides of them. ”There’s so many… I don’t know which one I want to look at first.” Finally breaking out of your comfort zone Sanuye? The hybrid jumped a bit to see her fox guide now standing at her side. ”Ocunnowhurst, don’t do that. You scared me.”

<style>
.sanuye-z07 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.sanuye-z07 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.sanuye-z07 b {color:#00d19a; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.sanuye-z07 {background-color:#011009; background-image:url(http://i51.tinypic.com/23s68g0.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:268px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #00d19a; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#034225; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; }
.sanuye-z07-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
Hi~ : D

The sleep was short-lived. Element slowly opened one eye when he heard the noise of a door slowly swing open and then close reached his large, cupped ears. He opened the other emerald hue and paid attention to the sounds surrounding him; steps. The sound of non-retractable claws clicking against the library's floor. This was a canine, no doubt - the weight of the footsteps indicated it was one that stood upright. Luperci, and one in Optime form at that.

Suddenly, the sound of a voice reached him; ”There’s so many… I don’t know which one I want to look at first.” It was a canine, no doubt at that, and a female. And from the sound of it, she appreciated books - Element felt a sense of pride in the collection that he'd grown to call home. He listened again as she spoke once more; ”Ocunnowhurst, don’t do that. You scared me.” There was another with her? Element furrowed his brow and listened closely, but only heard the single pair of footsteps.

Curious, Element leapt down from his perch and sauntered over to where the voice was heard. Peering from the crack between the shelves of books, he saw her - a coyote, of a medium build, with some red markings on her face. Her eyes were a silver hue, and wandered from the books to a small fox by her side.

Now, why hadn't Element heard that fox? Although it was small, a cat's ears were highly attuned to its surroundings; no sound could escape Element's curved ears. And this fox's paws, although velveted, would have made some sort of dull thud on the floor. His curiosity piqued, Element slipped through the cracks and looked up at the coyote.

"Hello," the black cat said, his tail neatly curved over his silky paws.

<style type="text/css">
.elementbluooc {text-align:right;font-style:italic; padding: 5px 5px 5px 5px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;color:#fff;}
.elementblu {margin:0 auto; width:470px; background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://i776.photobucket.com/albums/yy46 ... tabblu.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #fff; padding: 330px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Lucida Sans Unicode, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#fff; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 336 {3 points}

Shilah, Sanuye’s guide’s proper name, strolled along at her side as she continued to look through the many books. So many different genres and the coyote didn’t even know where to start first. She was not one for mystery seeing as they seemed scary and would scare her back home, making her never want to leave the pack lands again. Her silver eyes gazed over some of the other fiction books, some romance and fantasy. The more fantasy seemed to catch her eyes. She rubbed her finger along the books gently, trying to figure out which one to read first.

Shilah then paused and moved his gaze around the room, as if he could sense that someone else was there. So far he didn’t see anything, but he used to his nose to try and catch the scent of the visitor. The problem was that the scent was everywhere in the room. He was not able to pin point the actually location of who it was there with them. Instead, he moved back to his student’s side, eyes looking around the whole room. Sanuye took a moment to look at him. ”Is something wrong Ocunnowhurst?” He broke from his search and looked up to the coyote. I can sense someone in here with us. The hybrid moved her gaze around but saw nothing so she went back to looking at the books.

Finally she heard the mew of the greeting from the feline. Sanuye and Shilah’s gaze followed the voice to the black cat. Those emerald eyes gazing to his guests. The coyote moved over to the feline and held her hand up to him so she could get her scent. ”Hello. My name is Sanuye Otsana and this here is my guide Shilah, but I like to call him Ocunnowhurst.” Her fox guide gave a small bow before he tried to jump up by the cat. Once the cat was done smelling the hybrid, she moved her hand back down. ”What’s your name little one?”

<style>
.sanuye-z07 {background-color:#011009; background-image:url(http://i51.tinypic.com/23s68g0.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:268px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #00d19a; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#034225; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; }
.sanuye-z07-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

"Hello. My name is Sanuye Otsana and this here is my guide Shilah, but I like to call him Ocunnowhurst.” So that was who she had been talking to - the little fox whose name was Shilah. And Shilah looked up at the black cat and leapt next to him on his perch, gently ruffling the pages of the book with the wind he created by passing by. Element nodded to him and flicked his tail in greeting; he hadn't communed much with foxes, and wasn't sure what their greetings were. But he did know that this was no ordinary fox; although he could see him, he couldn't hear or even smell him. It was a disconcerting thing, but Element kept it to himself. One thing stood out, however; the word 'guide'. Not friend or companion, but guide. What was a 'guide'?

”What’s your name, little one?” Element looked back up to the coyote and spoke; "Element," he said. "And this is my home," he tacked on as a proud afterthought, looking around the enormous library. Of course, it was his home - but by no stretch of the imagination was it his territory. He lived here, and slept here, and even sometimes ate here when he could catch a stray mouse, but he would never try to block the library off of one another. No, the library was his home, and it ended at that; although his love for it was ineffable.

The black cat nodded to the coyote and chanced a quizzical look at her. "I couldn't help but notice," he began cautiously, "that you said Shilah was your 'guide'. What did you mean by that?" Although the cat was curious, he did hope that the question wasn't too personal.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

God, I can't get over how beautiful Element looks in that table XD. Btw, that book she picked out is actually one I've read but I can't remember the title. WC: 347 {3 points}

Sanuye smiled as the feline introduced himself as Element. It was a nice name but not exactly a name to match such a dark and small feline. A soft sigh passed her lips as she watched her guide take to his side. She could start to see a bit of the curious look in his face that cats were known for. Cats were creatures of curiousity, hence the phrase ‘curiousity killed the cat’. Shilah was looking over Element before he took back to the coyote’s side. She looked to him before she went back over some of the books he head. Speaking of which, she caught on to the comment that this was his home. She turned back to him and gave him a small bow. ”I’m sorry Element. I didn’t realize you lived her. I was just taken by all the books you have.” She was sure that Element wouldn’t mind, but she was apologizing for intruding on the feline’s home.

Her gaze did wander back to the books as Shilah took a seat, his gaze mainly on Element. He was Sanuye’s guide and wanted her to be cautious of anyone. Being known as the animal of trickery, he was sure there were some creatures in the world that would try to spark up a false relationship in order to get something. Judging from the lazy look in the feline’s eyes, he was sure that he was not one of these creatures. He lowered his gaze back to the coyote as she pulled out on of the books. A fantasy novel written about actual werewolves. She opened up the first few pages and then began to read.

Sanuye turned her attention back to the feline as he asked about Shilah and him being her guide. She smiled as she moved back over to her guide. ”It’s a tradition of the members of the Great Tribe that once they hear their calling, they go out on a spirit journey to meet their spirit guide. Shilah saved me from a bear and since then has been my guide.”

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]
Thanks! J made it. It's so gorgeous <3 <3 <3

”I’m sorry Element. I didn’t realize you lived her. I was just taken by all the books you have.”

Element smiled to the canine. "Please," he said, "don't be sorry. The library is my home, but it's by no stretch of the imagination my territory - I reside here, but I would never dream of keeping it away from others." No, Element loved the idea of reading and others reading, so the entire world can be educated. Of course, the small nook of the world Element was in - Nova Scotia, or Souls to the inhabitants - wasn't the entire world by any means - but it was a start, and Element loved to utilize it. In fact, he had the other day when he'd told Alder the story of the Lord of the Rings - it was obvious that the pup loved it, and Element hoped he passed it on one day.

”It’s a tradition of the members of the Great Tribe that once they hear their calling, they go out on a spirit journey to meet their spirit guide. Shilah saved me from a bear and since then has been my guide.”

Element turned to look at the fox Sanuye had called Shilah and cocked his head. A spirit? He had read about spirits in some books labeled 'fantasy' and 'ghost stories'. He hadn't thought they were real; he just thought it was a concept that people had made up. It was, albeit, a vivid and sometimes frightening one, but was it really real?

"Was that why I couldn't scent or hear you?" the cat asked the fox, thinking that was the only way at the time to express his awe at this possibility that had sprung from the books and leapt out in front of him in the form of a small fox.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

Cool :3. WC: 389 {3 points}

Sanuye smiled as Element told her there was no reason for her to be sorry. She was thankful for the feline’s hospitality and took a moment to look through some of the other fantasy book. Since the coyote was such a spiritual one, she preferred the ways of magic and fantasy. The one book she held in her hands was the first one to spark her interest. She flipped the book over and began to read the back. According to the back, the story was about a female human falling in love with a male werewolf. Eager to get started on her reading, the hybrid flipped open the cover and began to read the novel.

In the meantime, Shilah was making his way around the library, sniffing the floor and all the books. As much as he believed this place was completely safe, it didn’t hurt to be cautious every once and a while. His eyes stayed on Element for a while as he moved around, but they eventually left when he saw that the place was completely safe. He began to stroll over to his student when he heard the feline’s voice pass into his ears. He turned his attention to the black cat and looked into his emerald gaze. Element seemed like a gentle creature and more curious about the spirit guide himself. Shilah gave a small nod before heading back towards the hallway. I trust you can handle youself Sanuye. I am no longer needed. The hybrid gave her fox guide a nod and smiled. ”Alright then. I’ll meet you back home.” With that, the fox trotted off into the halls. If Element decided to take a look, it was like he just vanished into thin air.

Sanuye made a small mark of what page she was on and then closed the book, her eyes facing the cover and the title. The Passion. It was a nice title and captured the attention of the coyote. Her silver orbs moved back to Element as she smiled. ”Do you mind if I borrow this book Element? I promise to return it as soon as I’m finished reading it. It just seems like a really good book and I’d love to see how it ends.” She hoped that the feline would allow her to take the book to read.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Element cocked his head as the fox nodded, then slipped down from the window ledge and seemed to...disappear. Element blinked, confused by this impossibility, but the fox was there one time and....gone another. He shook his head. How strange!

”Do you mind if I borrow this book Element? I promise to return it as soon as I’m finished reading it. It just seems like a really good book and I’d love to see how it ends.”

Element snapped out of his daze and looked at the book Sanuye had picked. It was called The Passion; he'd never read it, but he didn't mind her borrowing it one bit. "Feel free," he said, waving his tail. "This is a library, after all." He let his mind wander away from the book and back towards the girl and her fox spirit guide. He hadn't known spirits were real. He'd read stories about them in books, but it never occurred to him that they may be more than just stories. He looked at Sanuye again and made his decision - he wanted to learn more about these spirit guides, and the only way to do that...

"Sanuye?" he asked, curling his tail around his paws subconsciously. "Would you mind if I went with you to your tribe? I never knew spirits were real, and I'd like to learn more about them and your fascinating tribe." It was true - he'd known packs, and he'd known clans, both very different from each other. He never knew there was a tribe, however - perhaps it was farther from here. It couldn't be too far, though - if Sanuye got here alone, it had to be close. The puzzled confused Element as he waited for a reply.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 352 {3 points}

Sanuye was so glad to see that Element was letting her borrow the book. She couldn’t wait to get home and read more. The coyote made sure she knew which page she stopped on before she turned her attention back to Element. He was looking in the direction of where Shilah left. The feline seemed more amazed with the hybrid’s guide instead of herself; although, she didn’t mind it at all. She didn’t crave attention so she didn’t care. Shilah was a free soul and only seemed to come whenever the hybrid was meeting someone new. She hoped there would be more he would teach her besides boosting her confidence.

Sanuye’s attention moved back to Element as he asked if he could come visit her tribe to learn more about it and their spirit guides. She smiled and nodded. ”Of course you can Element.” She wouldn’t even mind taking the feline there herself. The hybrid was sure that Dawali would not mind a curious soul coming to the tribe so long as she had her eyes on him the whole time. She tucked the book under her arm as she made her way back outside. Niyol was no where in sight. The coyote figured her companion went off to go find something to eat and would soon return to take her back home. As she leaned on the exit to the building, the hybrid moved to pick Element up and hold him in her arms. ”So tell me Element, ever ridden a horse before?” Boy she was sure he was going to be in a shock.

As if on cue, Niyol returned and moved over to Sanuye before catching a glimpse of the black feline with her. The coyote placed her hand on the horse’s nose gently. ”It alright Niyol, this is a friend.” Her companion turned and showed her his back so that she could get on. She would move Element onto her should and then climb up onto Niyol’s back. She kept the speed a bit slow so she wouldn’t frighten the cat as they made their way to AniWaya.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

Element was glad to hear that Sanuye didn't mind him going to her tribe. It sounded quite interesting - he wondered if tribes were much different from packs and clans like he thought they would be. Sanuye herself was quite the interesting individual as well - and her interest in books only made her more endearing in Element's eyes. So the next words that came were almost no surprise;

”So tell me Element, ever ridden a horse before?”

"I can't say that I have," the cat said. He'd read about horses and seen several wild horses in the area of Souls, but of course he'd never ridden them; they were wild creatures, and he doubted they'd enjoy a cat scrambling on their back. Besides, he didn't have the skeletal structure of a Luperci that allowed him to stay perched on a moving animal; but he was interested with where Sanuye was going with this.

He stayed still as the coyote moved to pick him up. He didn't mind this time, not like when the other, orange coyote had tried to pick him up last month; he knew that Sanuye wouldn't hurt him. With him in one of her hands and her book in the other, she walked outside and met her horse.

He'd admired wild horses from afar, but had never seen the beautiful beasts up close - but they were just that; beautiful. The way they ran across the open moor, almost flying, reminded him of birds. So when he saw Sanuye's horse, he was awestruck at the display of beauty before him.

"What a beautiful creature," he said, staring into the horse's eyes. Its eyes, the pathway to its soul, were bright with intelligence and freedom.

Sanuye assured the horse, Niyol, that Element was a friend, and climbed onto its back. And with Element perched on her shoulder, they rode off to her tribe.

<style type="text/css">
</style>[/html]