went and put me in the ground.
[html]

Left it open for you to decide whether she'd be lurkin' inside like a creeper or out doing something. Big Grin

The borders had been quiet on this night, and the silvery coyote headed slowly back toward her cave. It had been slow in general lately, but the arrival of Clover had given her hope; she had long learned that joiners tended to come in waves. There would be none for many weeks, and suddenly, three would show up in the span of a few days, and then two more within the next few days, and then a few stragglers—as if they came in splintered groups, almost. The silver-shaded hybrid was not so much a conspiracy theorist to presume such a fantasy to be anything near the truth, however, and she assumed it was mere coincidence, instead. Perhaps they even followed one another's scent trails.

As the coyote meandered back toward her cave, she became aware again of how much better she felt since smoking; it was a strange, unexpected effect, but she was not going to question it. The stiffness and ache she had felt was unbearable, and she was unprepared for such discomfort with the chill. Perhaps as winter wore on, her body would grow accustomed to the temperature; she certainly hoped so. The center of the territory was quiet, but as Kaena passed by the cave she had helped Sepirah select, she hesitated a moment, peering inside. It was dark, but the silvery hybrid did not discount that the sable-shaded woman could be inside; she could have been asleep. Lingering a moment, the hybrid turned to head back toward her cave, moving more slowly to allow herself a few more moments lingering about the area.

table by kahilli

<style>
.kae-giftmis-outer {width:400px; background-image:url('http://a.imageshack.us/img31/2792/kaenatab.png'); background-position:top center; background-color:#A8BEE6; background-repeat:no-repeat; outline:1px solid #000; border:1px solid white; margin:0px auto;}
.kae-giftmis-inner { padding:210px 15px 10px 15px; font-family:georgia; font-size:11px; color:#223459; line-height:15px; text-align:justify; text-shadow:1px 1px 0px #8FA0BF; }
.kae-giftmis-inner p {text-indent:25px; padding:0px; margin:0px; }
.kae-giftmis-inner b {color:#FFFFFF;}
.kae-giftmis-credit {font-size:9px; font-family:georgia; font-style:italic; text-align:right;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Sounds awesome :3. WC: 349 {3 points}

Ever since Sepirah had changed her mind, she had been trying to be more active in the Inferni community. While there were still other members she had to meet, she had her wolf friends outside of the pack that she could see if she was feeling lonely, especially Kemo. The dark princess had no idea what it was about that wolf that stuck in her brain, but she liked him, perhaps on a bit more than just a first friendship level. She was mainly keeping this to herself though, unsure as to how the other coyotes and jackals would think of her if she told them. She shrugged off the idea and strolled along back to her cave. The jackal was unaware of the sudden rank change and that she was on the path of a warrior. While this did seem fitting, she felt like she wanted more. Sure she was only one year old, but that didn’t mean she wasn’t qualified to achieve a rank higher than the older members of the pack. She wanted some control, like her grandmother. Speaking of her, the dark princess envied her grandmother and her rank. If anything, her goal now was to be just like her.

While Sepirah was still making her way back home and trying to think of some more goals to make, she caught the familiar scent of the one she just wanted to see. The silver coyote was peering into her home, as if looking for the young jackal herself. She strolled over to her and laughed. ”Checking up on me again grandmother?” It seemed to become a running joke since the day she and her grandmother found a home together. Sepirah always felt like she was being watched, but she was getting a bit more used to it now. Inferni was more and more like home now, just with one simple sentence. Once Kaena moved out of the way, she would jump up into her home and then lean out of the entrance, her golden gaze to the stars. ”It’s such a peaceful night isn’t it?”

<style type="text/css"> .sep b {font-weight:bold; color:#e3c091; letter-spacing:1px; } .sep .ooc { font-style:italic; color:#000000; padding-top:250px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;} .sep p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; color: #64533f} .sep {margin:0 auto; width:362px; background-color:#ad9c88; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... el/sep.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#0F475F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>[/html]
[html]

Sepirah's activity around Inferni had not gone unnoticed; the silver-shaded coyote had been keeping a close eye on the girl, determined to keep her close. Enkiel did not show signs of fading, though he had yet to involve himself with the clan—perhaps if Sepirah were to make friends within Inferni, she would be less likely to leave. Kaena did not doubt that her brother Mkhai and that mysterious fourth brother would eventually make their way to Inferni once more or for the first time. Even so, she did not wish for Sepirah to depart, as well—family was especially important to the scarred hybrid, and keeping it close would do her well. The sable woman did not possess a delicate natur; there was nothing in Sepirah suggesting she was anything less than perfectly suited for Inferni's lifestyle.

The sounds of an approach caught the old coyote's attention, and she turned around expectantly, her yellow-golden eye peering into the evening's gloom to determine the source of the noise. Sepirah arrived shortly, and spoke—to this, the Centurion offered a yellowed tooth in a grin, and nodded her head affirmatively. “Of course,” she responded, her coal-and-white tail twisting in the air momentarily, an indication of jest. She had been spending more time in her four-legged form as of late; with the products Clover provided, her legs and arthritis were less bothersome. “It is. Very quiet,” the coyote commented, tilting her head. “You can just barely hear the ocean from here,” she offered after a moment, smiling. It was a comforting noise; the scarred woman had lived near the water her whole life, and she could not imagine Inferni without a coastline.

Table thanks to Ithen!
<style>
.kae-gifturma2 {width:375px; background-color:#142a38; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/rp/kae/kae_gifturma.png);background-position: bottom; background-repeat: no-repeat; padding-bottom:210px; border: 1px solid #000103;font-family:georgia, serif; color:#FFFFFF; line-height: 13px; font-size: 12px; margin:0px; text-align:justify;}
.kae-gifturma2 b{color:#809189;}
.kae-gifturma2 p{text-indent:40px; padding:0px; margin:0px 10px 10px 10px; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC: 340 {3 points}

Sepirah was slowly making some new friends within Inferni, but most of her current ones were outside of the pack. The other point was that they were wolves. She was unsure if she would be able to tell her grandmother that some of her new friends were actually wolves. She was sure to bring it up at some point, and just explain to Kaena that these were nice wolves. If any of them double crossed her, she would rip out their throats. She was a warrior and would not hesistate to prove that fact to her enemies.

Sepirah was glad to see the gray coyote come to visit her. She had always wanted to spend some more time with her grandmother. The dark princess felt the closest to her out of all the members of Inferni. Her smile only got wider with the coyote’s comment. ”It’s great to see you again grandmother. It’s been kind of lonely around without you around.” The dark princess crawled into the back of her home and brought out the blanket Kaena gave her when she first moved in. The breeze was beginning to pick up and the jackal let the blanket hang over her tiny body.

Sepirah closed her eyes and went silent when her grandmother commanded her to do so. She could indeed hear the crashing waves of the ocean from her home. Her eyes remained closed but her smile reformed as she moved her head towards the sound. ”You’re right. You can hear the ocean from here. Maybe sometime we could go there together, you know just for the day.” The dark princess gave a small yawn before scratching the back of her ear. ”So grandmother, anything new happen in Inferni while I was away?” She was of course referring to when she took off with the intent on joining Shawchert’s pack. She was sure Kaena would ask about it and she would be able to prove her use in Inferni by informing one of the leaders of the new pack forming.

<style type="text/css"> .sep b {font-weight:bold; color:#e3c091; letter-spacing:1px; } .sep .ooc { font-style:italic; color:#000000; padding-top:250px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;} .sep p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; color: #64533f} .sep {margin:0 auto; width:362px; background-color:#ad9c88; background-image:url(http://i972.photobucket.com/albums/ae20 ... el/sep.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:10px; color:#0F475F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style>[/html]
[html]

table © Alaine
Word Count :: 335 derp :3

The silver-shaded coyote had taken for granted that Sepirah's brothers would settle in; she had paid the price for this in the loss of Mkhai, and the seeming antisocial qualities of Enkiel that had manifested over these past months. Gabriel had, however, mentioned to Kaena that he studied medicinal plants and healing methods in his spare time; the silver-shaded coyote wondered if the young Lykoi devoted himself to these pursuits before he attended to his social needs.

“It's good to see you, too. If you ever need anything, you know where I am,” the coyote offered, the sable tip of her tail wavering in a momentary wag. The hybrid turned her head and watched as Sepirah fetched the blanket, frowning just slightly. She did not know how cold or warm it was in the girl's homeland; from the looks of it, Sepirah was ill-adjusted to these cold temperatures. The Centurion had faith in her blood, however, and she figured after a while, Sepirah's thicker undercoat might yet protect her.

“I would like that. I've always liked the ocean,” she responded, smiling. She had lived near the ocean in her earliest memories, and all throughout her life the sea had been there for her. Sometimes she was so far away she could not hear it or smell it; still, she knew it would be there for her at either end of the earth. She was glad, once more, she had been able to view the ocean at the other end of this world. It had almost been worth the journey and the time she had spent away from Inferni and her family.

“Ah. Two new coyotes joined—your... cousin, I think, Clover Love. And Cassius's father—not sure if you've met Cassius yet?” the hybrid pondered. “Where did you go?” the coyote asked, more curious than anything. She could not hold the coyotes within clan borders; they were a free people and quite able to roam where they pleased. Tyranny was not her style, nor Gabriel's.

<style>
.kae-giftalaine {width:380px;border:none;background-image:url(http://i1047.photobucket.com/albums/b47 ... tesnow.png);background-repeat:no-repeat;background-position:bottom; padding-bottom:165px;background-color:#fdfdfe;}
.kae-giftalaine .inner {text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:Verdana;font-size:10px;color:#8a7384;}
.kae-giftalaine .ooc {color:#d66e6e}
.kae-giftalaine p { text-indent: 25px; margin: 0px; padding: 0px 5px; }
.kae-giftalaine b { color: #d66e6e; }
.kae-giftalaine em { color:#d66e6e; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Plottage away! WC: 512 {5 points}

Sepirah had to admit that she was enjoying her time away from her brothers. They didn’t seem interested in her or in what she was doing, so she acted like she didn’t care about any of them. Being without her brothers only strengthened her bond with her grandmother. Kaena was the perfect coyote to be around and the jackal was proud to be her granddaughter. She wondered if her grandmother felt the same bond towards her as the dark princess did. To her, it was a special bond that only two close family members could share.

Sepirah gave her grandmother a big smile as she spoke. ”Thank you for your kindness grandmother. It’s nice living near you.” She then turned to the blanket and made sure it was covering her completely. The problem with living in Inferni was the climate. It seemed cooler than it ever was back home in Egypt. The dark princess’ body was not used to the chill of the new land and her grandmother’s territory. The jackal could feel the breeze flowing into her home and backed away from the entrance. Her grandmother was welcome to join her inside, but she just wanted to escape from the cold.

Once Sepirah was tucked safely away in her cave, she waited for her grandmother to join her. The idea of going to the beach with her grandmother kept seeming like a better idea every moment. She loved the beach and wanted nothing more than to spend some time with her grandmother there. The dark princess closed her eyes and imagine herself running along the beach with Kaena at her side. It was a wonderful feeling ad couldn’t wait to make it a reality.

Sepirah opened her eyes and turned to her grandmother when she began to speak. So there were new members who had joined since she went on her little journey. She gave a smile and wagged her tail, much more like a cat instead of a canine. ”They all sound really nice. I’ll have to meet them sometime and see just how nice they truly are.” She gave a tired yawn before Kaena asked just where it was she went. A smirk came across the jackal’s face as she sat up, the blanket clinging to her shoulder bones. ”To a pack named Cercatori D’Arte. It’s a newly formed pack that claimed some of the territory in the Eternal Eclipse, just pasted Dahlia de Mai. This pack was formed for those who wanted to persue the arts.” She took a break to catch her breath and let all the information sink in. ”Their alpha, a loner named Shawchert offered me a spot among the ranks, but I decided that Inferni is my true home and this is where I belong.” She laid back at her grandmother’s feet and smiled, hoping she would be proud of her granddaughter for informing her about the pack and deciding to stay in Inferni rather than leaving. She felt she was gaining the strength of not only a spy, but a leader as well.

[html]

“Of course,” the woman said, the tip of her tail wavering in the air. The scarred face showed warmth as well as it could, and the old hybrid would have done anything to make her family more comfortable here. Inferni was not perfect for all of them, but Kaena would have taken it as it was, and she intended to facilitate everyone else's comfort within the pack. It frightened Kaena to hear of Sepirah's near departure, and her ears, one still whole and perfect and the other chewed and torn, turned downwards. The silver-shaded hybrid knew that not all of them belonged here -- Rikka had not been able to stay, either, and the scarred old woman knew she had been better off in Cour des Miracles. Now that she was gone, though, the Centurion regretted not visiting more often. One could hardly have blamed Kaena for it, though -- trauma liked to strike her life at the most inopportune of moments.

“I'm glad you decided you belong in Inferni. I would have been sad to see you go. I didn't know there was a new pack, either. They must not dislike coyotes, if they offered you a place,” the Centurion mused, peering at Sepirah with her yellow-golden eye. “You look more like a coyote than a jackal to most anyone, I'd say,” she added quickly, lest the Hastati find herself offended by such a remark. “Good, though. The last thing we need are more coyote-haters.”

<style>
.sie-blanktext {
font-family:georgia, serif;
font-size: 12px;
letter-spacing:.5px;
word-spacing:2px;
text-align: justify;
margin:0px 25px; }

.sie-blanktext .ooc {
font-style:italic;
font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size:12px; }

.sie-blanktext .divider {
border-bottom:1px dotted #000000;
margin-bottom:10px; }

.sie-blanktext p {
text-indent: 25px;
margin:0px;
padding:0px 5px; }

.sie-blanktext b {
letter-spacing:1px; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC: 317 {3 points}

Sepirah could see the look of relief in her grandmother’s eyes when she stated that she decided to stay in Inferni. In reality, the dark princess felt more at home here now more than ever. She had her grandmother back and it was a wonderful feeling to be spending time with her again. The dark princess couldn’t help but keep her smile on her face. She wanted to make this up to the coyote, but she had no idea what she could do. She would have to plan the best day the woman ever had to the beach. The jackal couldn’t help but wag her tail wildly at the thought.

Sepirah’s attention moved back to Kaena when she began to spoke. She was right about Shawchert’s pack and she wanted to make relations with them strong. ”Yes, Shawchert is not limiting his pack as far as species who can join. Everyone who loves anything in the field of art is welcome to his pack.” The dark princess paused to let the information sink in before she begun again. ”Seeing as he said I was welcome in his lands, I wish to purpose to you that I go and try to make relations between our packs to get them off on a good start. I know it’s not my duty to deal with that sort of thing but he trusts me and I think I can get us off on a good start.” The jackal gave a small yawn before waiting to hear what her grandmother thought. Hopefully she would allow the dark woman to go through with her plan.

Sepirah gave another small yawn and laid her head down on the floor of her home. It was getting late and the dark princess was getting tired. She was sure that Kaena was getting tired as well and didn’t want to keep her from getting a good rest.

[html]

Could wrap up after this? ;o Or your post!

The silvery hybrid knew her family would drift as they please -- they always did, and they always came back. Thus far very few of them had been lost forever, and the scarred old woman knew some might return only after she was dead and in the ground. She listened with interest as her granddaughter described the foreign pack, having no idea who this Shawchert was. She assumed this was the leader; after all, if he wasn't, he had no business setting rules. The silvery coyote did not know much about art -- she had no creative talent at all; her only talent was the ability to carve her mark into flesh itself, and even that had dried up with old age.

What the jackal hybrid proposed next, however, sparked the one-eyed woman's interest, and she looked toward Sepirah with curiosity on her scarred face. “I think that would be a good idea. If they're already friendly toward coyotes, it'd do us well to be nice to them. Some of the other packs aren't fond of us, you know that,” the hybrid said, smiling her yellow-toothed smile. “Not as bad as it used to be, though,” she added. There had been a time when she thought all of the packs hated Inferni -- they had their reasons, back then. Now the coyotes tried to keep to themselves, stirring little trouble outside their own borders. Maybe their harsh trespassing policy got them in trouble sometimes, but Kaena would not have had it any other way.

<style>
.sie-blanktext {
font-family:georgia, serif;
font-size: 12px;
letter-spacing:.5px;
word-spacing:2px;
text-align: justify;
margin:0px 25px; }

.sie-blanktext .ooc {
font-style:italic;
font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif;
font-size:12px; }

.sie-blanktext .divider {
border-bottom:1px dotted #000000;
margin-bottom:10px; }

.sie-blanktext p {
text-indent: 25px;
margin:0px;
padding:0px 5px; }

.sie-blanktext b {
letter-spacing:1px; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

You can make one more post or close it if you want. WC: 307 {3 points}

Sepirah was glad to her that her grandmother approved of her plan. She was sure that Kaena would thank her for it and would soon have to make a trip back to the Shawchert’s pack. The dark princess moved closer to her grandmother and looked outside to the sky. It was much darker than before and colder as well. She was sure now that the coyote was not only tired but would be cold as well. The jackal laid down at her feet and curled her tail around her back legs. Her golden orbs met her grandmother’s eyes and tilted her head down a bit. ”It’s rather chilly tonight grandmother. Perhaps you’d like to stay here with me for the night?” The dark woman slid the blanket off her back and offered it to the scarred woman.

Whether or not her grandmother decided to stay, she would curl up and try to sleep. The chill of the night was settling in along with the breeze of the cooler seasons. It was times like these when the dark princess wished she was born with thick fur. Perhaps one of these days she could go out looking for something warm to wear. A soft sigh passed through the dark princess’ lips as she opened her eyes once more, looking to all the stars in the sky. They were so beautiful and brought the light to the nighttime sky. If her grandmother had chosen to go back home, then she would pull the blanket back over her body and then begin to try and sleep again. If Kaena decided to stay for the night, the jackal would throw the blanket on top of the coyote and then snuggle close to her for her own warmth. A night resting with her grandmother was something the dark woman welcomed with open arms.