The Passion
[html]
I wanted to go ahead and post this one so I could add it to my post log. Btw, that book she's reading, it's one I've actually read so if Niro asks about it, I can give general details. Been a while since I read it XD. WC: 390 {3 points}

So far Sanuye’s new life was going well. She had her pasture set for her horse, her personal ceremonial area was complete and decorated with wooden idols, and the entrance to her den was dazeled with some feathers and fur. She wanted to eventually add some beads as well but that was left for some other time. Her hunting still hadn’t gotten any better but she was getting better at skinning some kills. She used the furs to make her home more comfortable and warming. The meat was set aside for her meals and for when guests came over. Because the meat was raw, she was sure it wasn’t going to go bad anytime soon.

Sanuye had found a new passion in her life as she was riding along with Niyol. Reading. Even since she had visited Element and the library he called his home, she had begun to read books more often. She was thankful to the feline that he let her borrow the one book she was currently reading. Niyol was going along at a bit of a fast pace. She was eager to continue reading her book. Her heart beated with excitement as she had her companion go a little bit quicker. Her horse led her to the border of the Cour des Miracles. She was unfamiliar with the area, but it seemed safe enough for her to tae a break and read.

Once Sanuye found a nice patch of grass by some trees, she had Niyol stop so she could get off. Once she slid off her companion’s back, she let him wander around, just as long as he stayed within her line of vision. The coyote adjusted her skirt before she sat down and leaned her back on the tree. She made sure to keep her head off the trunk so that she didn’t ruin the feathers sticking out of her hair. She pulled the book at of her bag before Niyol trotted away. He was in a nearby field having a little snack. The hybrid opened her book and continued to read. She hadn’t read much, but she had gotten to the part where the human was allowed to stay at Alexander’s home. She smiled and wagged her tail as she continued to read. ”This is so intense. I wonder what’ll happen next…”

table by james.
[/html]
[html]

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i235/ ... /Niro2.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat; padding-bottom:60px; font-family:verdana; font-size:10px; line-height:13px; ">

OOC: 501 (5 points) oh what fuuunnn

------

Since he’d gotten back to his old self, and asked Amaranth to be his, now he had to get back to what he loved the most. His falconry, not to mention he’d been keeping quiet and bringing the axe that was kept at the stables to cut down some trees in the forest, to make boards for the cave that he now lived in with Amaranth. It was a long silent process, but he knew he could do it without his mate finding out, he wanted to surprise her. He was taking a break from that, he was trying to get Tobias to calm down around him. He wanted to bite Niro, whenever he got close, Niro brought Tobias with him almost everywhere, except home. Only Marahute shared that with Niro, Tobias went back to the stables every night.

He was out walking with the two birds, the redtailed hawk sitting on his arm and the golden eagle flying above, it was almost like he’d never been injured… except for the crutch under his right arm and the missing pinkie on his left. He still thanked all the stars that’s all he lost because it could have been worse and if Alaine wasn’t there, things would have gone for the worse. He wasn’t letting Tobias fly today, though ne knew the bird wanted to, he was afraid of losing the hawk for good if he didn’t keep a hold of him until he gained the birds trust once again. That’s why he had him with him, though he felt a good few pinches on his nose, ear, or cheek, he would not let any anger show, in fact he felt he deserved such treatment for the way things had gone and the actual neglect he’d given Tobias, but he knew he’d make up for it at least, and he was now, letting the bird bite him, though he didn’t stand for anything that drew blood.

He spotted a horse nearby and it seemed to be an oddity, Niro was use to seeing the horses at the stables, and knew wild ones always were in a group, this was alone, with no other horse anywhere nearby, was there someone close? He was no longer right inside of Cour des Miracles, in fact he’d left the border only a foot away, though he could smell it he was no longer inside the haven that had brought him such peace.

Hello? Anyone there?

He called out, he saw the horse lift his head up, but he wanted to wait, he wasn’t sure whether or not someone was there, and he wanted to make sure that they weren’t before seeing if the horse was wild or tame. He’d learned from Heath, though he probably didn’t know, that there were a few things about wild and kept horses that were the same or different. This one seemed to be kept by someone but he couldn’t see anyone, just a few trees dotting around, one of them being nearly five feet from him.

[/html]
[html]
WC: 316 {3 points}

Sanuye was enjoying her book so much. Her mind seemed lost in the story and not paying attention to anything else around her. The coyote did look up every so often to make sure that Niyol was still in view and had not gotten into any trouble before returning back to her literature. So far it seemed like she was going to be able to finish her book today so long as no one or nothing disrupted her. Somehow she figured that wasn’t going to happen. She could hear the sounds of nature around her as she read. The hybrid decided to take a break from her reading and just listen to everything around her.

One sound in particular caught her attention, it was the sound of a hawk. Sanuye knew these creatures well. She used to watch them when she was back home in the Great Tribe. They would always soar beautifully in the sky and as they sang to the sky. The coyote watched as the bird flew above her and the her companion. It was a wonderful sighting. The aniwayan was so glad she decided to come here to enjoy her book. Who’d of thought she’d find such a magnificent animal while she was relaxing. She watched as a feather began to float down from the heavens. She grabbed it from the air and tried to attach it to the back with all her other feathers.

Sanuye paused when she heard the voice call out to her. She got the feather in as quickly as she could and looked around. Sure enough, there to her side was a male white wolf with some blue hair. She leaned off the tree and looked to him with her silver orbs. He was such a handsome wolf. The coyote scooted over and gave a small smile. ”Hello there. Would you like to come join me?”

table by james.
[/html]
[html]

3 Points OOC: Just to let you know Marahute, is the young Golden Eagle fledgling, and Tobias is the redtail hawk. Smile and as for what he's wearing, all he wears for "Clothes" is a belt ^^

he had been expecting someone to be around, but not nearly so close. He took a step back out of shock more than fear. She was dressed in feathers and had interesting colors on her face. She was an oddity to him, he’d never saw anyone who dressed themselves in feathers as he had, nor had he seen… was it dye… face paint, natural? It looked natural to him, but he couldn’t be too sure. He would just have to guess in any case. He shifted Tobias on his arm and smiled at her invitation.

Oh thank you, I think I’ll join you for a little bit.

He said, it was a good excuse to get off his leg, which was now in enough pain that he knew he needed a rest. He moved to the tree and leaned on it, but not sitting right away.

My name is Niro Takekuro by the way.

He said smiling down at her. As he moved his hand to his pocket, Marahute came down. The young fledgling did not land on him however. The eagle was no as jealous as the hawk was, and wasn’t too happy with Niro right now, but he was sure she still thought she had to look after him, even though he was older than she was. Marahute eyed the wolf that Niro stood near. She was a very scrutinous bird and had already bitten one wolf… well coyote that she deemed she didn’t like. Niro had been working on that behavior though, as Izaak was not a bad canine, in fact he was naïve and… well different.

That’s Marahute, and this is Tobias.

He added. He was happy to have his bird companions. They were all he had lately now that Orin was gone. When he would see her again he never knew.

<style type="text/css">
.sleekniro b {font-weight:bold; color:#AD7E00; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.sleekniro-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:10px; color:#AD7E00; text-align:right; }
.sleekniro p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.sleekniro {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#DBBA72; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... robird.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 230px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#3C3226; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]
[html]
And I'll go ahead and point it out but Sanuye has no top on. She's just wearing a skirt. WC: 365 {3 points}

Sanuye was pleased to see that the male accepted her offer to sit with her. She marked the book and set it aside as she watched the male emerge from the shadows. He was more handsome than she thought. His hair matched well with his fur and the feathers helped to add to the look. She thought mostly only aniwayans wore feathers in their hair but it looks like she was wrong there too. She formed a smile on her face seeing as she couldn’t do anything else. Her heart was getting the flutters so she waited until the male started the conversation before she said anything.

Sanuye just sat there and smiled as the male introduced himself as Niro Takakuro. The coyote was so nervous. She never was good at talking to guys except for Nayati who she had known since she was a pup. The hybrid gave a small nod before lowering her head a bit. ”It’s nice to meet you Niro… my name Sanuye Otsana…” The coyote watched as one of the birds flew down towards her and Niro. It was such a beautiful bird, but considering the way it was acting, she decided not the mess with it. She turned her attention back to the wolf as he began to speak again.

The male introduced both the birds as his own. Sanuye couldn’t believe that sure magnificent birds belonged to someone. She moved her head back up a bit but her silver gaze was more on the hawk on Niro’s arm. ”They’re both such beautiful birds…” Sanuye paused, wondering if there was something she could offer them. The coyote then turned her head and whistled. Niyol lifted his head and moved to the hybrid’s side. She smiled and stood, brushing her fingers along his face gently. Her silver eyes turned back to Niro as she reached into her bag. ”This is Niyol, my faithful companion.” She finally found what she was looking for and pulled out one of the fishes she brought. She held it in her hands and moved it towards the hawk on the male’s arm. ”Perhaps your companions would be interested in a meal?”

table by james.
[/html]
[html]

3 Points

Niro could see the coyote woman was quite nervous, he didn’t think he was a very intimidating wolf, especially with his crutch and lame leg. He listened intently when she introduced herself. He smiled at her, a welcome smile.

It is nice meeting you Sanuya. What pack are you from?

Niro asked curiously. He moved Tobias up, a little and saw that the woman near him was unsure about Marahute. He didn’t blame her, he’d probably run for the hills if his bird ever gave him that kind of look.

She’s really not going to hurt you, or she better not, she’s just very protective of me lately.

Niro said, hoping that would ease her wariness of the bird, though he would not advice the woman to stick out her hand to the animal, or no doubt she would get a good nip.

Thank you. They are basically my life. Marahute, I got as an egg, and Tobias, I’d caught in a trap, he’s been a handful really, especially now that I can finally train again.

He was a sucker for talking about his birds and his biggest hobby that was in a way his job as well. He looked over to the horse that had caught his eye in the first place and smiled.

he is a beautiful horse, and I really like his name. Have you had him long? Did you catch him?

He asked, seeing her pull out the fish, Tobias perked up immediately, he flapped his wings and moved down Niro’s arms, his big eyes watching the fish that Sanuye pulled out.

That would be nice, thank you. I know they can catch their own food, but they are suckers for food given to them, just make sure you keep your hand flat or one of them could bite a finger.

Marahute seemed to know what was happening and the large bird glided To Niro’s head, and perched on it. Niro gritted his teeth and pulled his free arm up, letting his body lean on the tree and support him instead of the crutch. Tobias made a small call saying he wasn’t going to wait all day.

<style type="text/css">
.nirogifty02 b {font-weight:bold; color:#e8edf5; letter-spacing:1px; }
.nirogifty02-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#00040b; text-align:right;}
.nirogifty02 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 12px; margin:0px;}
.nirogifty02 {margin:0 auto; width:355px; background-color:#1a4490; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... 70-001.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #e8edf5; padding: 200px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#00040b; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.nirogifty02-border1 {width:357px; border:1px solid #4d4849; margin:0 auto;}
.nirogifty02-line1 {width:331px; border-bottom:1px dotted #8da1c8; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
WC: 559 {5 points}

Sanuye was still a bit nervous, even after the male said it was nice to meet her. She was never really that great around males and preferred to hide away her true personality until she got to know him better. So far things were going well though. She moved her head away from the ground and looked over the male again. Her cheeks were still a bit flushed but that was normal for the coyote female. She could feel her head getting hotter as she continued to look. The hybrid shook her head to get rid of the feeling when the male asked his question. She felt the need to correct him on her name too. ”It’s Sanuye actually and I’m from the Muggles tribe. I came out here to do some reading since it was close. I don’t like going too far from home.” It wasn’t that the hybrid was a stay at home person, she was just too scared to go too far. The girl didn’t know what was out there and didn’t want to take any chances.

Sanuye’s attention moved to the bird who didn’t seem pleased with her being around it’s master. Just to be on the safe side, she moved away to the side and backed a bit away from Niro. She didn’t go too far though, she still wanted to get to know him a bit more. The coyote admired the more behaved bird that was resting on the male’s arm. She wanted to pet the creature, but seeing as he didn’t know her, she didn’t want to startle the animal. Birds of this size and nature were not to be treated as pets and she didn’t want to give the impression to the male that that was how she felt about them. The coyote loved animals and wanted nothing more than to protect them and make sure they were happy. She wondered if there was some way to show the one bird above her that she was not a threat to it’s master or even the bird itself. Until she came up with a solution, she remained cautious.

Sanuye watched as Niyol moved around to the male’s side, curious about who it was. He knew he was friendly, but wanted to see just as friendly. The girl wagged her tail as she watched him. ”Thank you. His name means ‘wind’. We actually met a bit by accident. Niyol got caught in a nearby trap and I set him free. He followed me back home and we’ve been together since. The coyote was glad to have such a wonderful companion such as Niyol. He was there for her and she did everything she could for him. The unicorn seemed to be happy being around her and letting her ride him so long as she kept his needs in mind. They were the perfect pair of partners.

Sanuye listened carefully to the male instructions on feeding the birds. She held her hands flat and moved them towards the birds, their meal now resting on them. She was glad that she was able to have this experience. Her ears moved to listened to the birds’ movement and a smile formed on her face. She was so happy and kept her silver gaze on the birds. ”So Niro, which pack are you from?”

table by Prongs.
[/html]
[html]

+3

Niro couln’t help but flush at getting the woman’s name wrong, he’d never been perfect and couldn’t help slipping up every once in a while.

My apologies.

He would normally have inquired about her pack but he seemed to have been too embarrassed to hear where she’d been from, and though he did hear that she was reading, he knew his sister would instantly bombard the woman about what kind of book it was, doubtless Orin had already read it… he swore that girl read everything. He was surprised when the curious unicorn came to him to get a better look. But Niro supposed horses had nothing to fear from birds of giant squid, they would probably just get small scratches on their tough skin.

He got lucky to be found by you then, he looks well taken care of, my esteemed colleague Heath would probably be looking him over from head to tail.

Niro thought of the Marshall and laughed inside his head, thinking that would be exactly what the coywolf would do. He watched as she held her hand out like she asked, Tobias was the first to grab at the food, he swooped from his perch grabbed what it was precisely, and flew off with it. Marahute sidled down Niro’s arm and keeping an eye on the woman grabbed her share. Niro smiled at his fledgling and turned his attention, confused… she didn’t know she was close to a pack? The one he’d just left?
I’m from Cour des Miracles

He said looking to the invisible borders where his pack resided. He wondered if she was too busy to know where she was, or if she just didn’t know the pack was there? Well she must have been like Orin, really into the book itself, the thought of his sister made his heart hurt, she’d not been gone for long, but she was now in a different pack… their lives had finally been split up. They were no longer considered the close family they use to be.

<style type="text/css">
.sleekniro-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:10px; color:#AD7E00; text-align:right; }
.sleekniro {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#DBBA72; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... robird.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 230px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#3C3226; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]
[html]
WC: 408 {3 points}

Sanuye could see the flushed expression on the male’s face when he messed up her name. She smiled and shook her head as she felt the breeze on her skirt. ”It’s alright Niro. I don’t mind. It’s a bit of a complex name.” Once she was done, she leaned back on the tree and looked over to her guest. She could see that he was a bit lost in his thought as to what to ask her next. She closed her eyes and let him thing. She could smell the sweet scent of fall in the air and the sun’s warmth was slowly increasing as the day continued on. She opened her eyes again to look into the male’s jade eyes. Today was going to be a good day even though she was still feeling a bit nervous.

The topic moved back to her companion and how she met him. Sanuye smiled and looked back to the horse. She was so happy to have him with her and she was sure that he felt the same way about her. She was glad to hear about his friend named Heath. Perhaps he would be the one to help her find Niyol a companion to have a home. She knew he was wild and the coyote figured that a female horse would be the perfect companion for him. The hybrid turned her attention back to Niro and wagged her tail. ”He sounds really nice. Perhaps I could meet him sometime. He sounds like he knows a lot about horses. Perhaps he could help me find another one for Niyol. He seems kind of lonely.” The hybrid smiled before turning back and looking to her companion.

So it seems the male was from a nearby pack. Judging from the scent in the air, she must have been near his borders. She paused and looked around. ”Is this your pack’s lands? I’m sorry if I intruded. I didn’t know there was a pack here. Please forgive me.” There was a bit of panic in her voice and she was truly sorry if she intruded on his lands.

Sanuye watched the birds take their parts of the fish and smiled. She was glad that she could provide for the male’s companions. Once they were done, she would move her hands away and set whatever was left of the fish on the side. ”It looks like they enjoyed their meal.”

table by james.
[/html]
[html]

The silence encroached them as they both were deep in thought but the sound of her voice rang him back into reality, Niro smiled, Heath may be able to help the young woman, he wasn’t sure, he knew he’d caught a wild stallion not too long ago though, he was probably much too busy with his mate and children now that they were born. He thought of visiting them. Not now though there was a visitor. At her apology Niro smiled and shook his head.

You are not within the borders, so there is nothing to apologize about.

He said reassuringly. And he nearly laughed when she mentioned the birds liked their meal. Both seemed to have loved the meal just because it was there.

They love any free meal.

He said, with a slight chuckle. It was true anyone would love a free meal, including Niro. He was no begger though, he was a competent hunter… well right now he wasn’t so much of a great hunter, he couldn’t even hunt. That was no matter to him right now though. He was able to get enough food, and soon his leg would be healed and he wouldn’t have to require someone to help him feed himself and his mate… he was the huntsman who was suppose to provide for his whole pack.

<style type="text/css"> .niro-a01 b{font-weight:bold; color:#4B73D8; letter-spacing:1px; } .niro-a01 p{text-indent:25px; padding:0px 10px 10px 15px; margin:0px;} .niro-a01{width:425px; background-color:#BCC7E7; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/nirotable.jpg); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 0px 0px 265px 0px; font-family: 'trebuchet ms', sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#3A4A6C; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;} </style> [/html]
[html]
Meep. WC: 358 {3 points}

Sanuye was a bit taken back by the silence and didn’t really like it. She wanted the male to say something. Because of her shy nature, she was normally not the one to speak first to a male unless it was Nayati. Nayati she had known since she was a young pup and felt comfortable speaking to him. Speaking of the male, the coyote wanted to meet up with him again, but for now she was in the presence of another male and she didn’t want him to think she was ignoring him. She wondered why he had nothing to say about his friend. Was it possible that Heath was not as good with horses as Niro claimed to be? The hybrid wouldn’t know until she met him. Perhaps the next time she came here she would meet up with him.

Sanuye was glad to hear that she had not trespassed into another pack’s territory, but she still couldn’t help but feel bad. She should have known that there was a pack here and then she wouldn’t have been so clueless. Once she got back home, she would have to talk to one of her pack members about the nearby packs and where they were. She shook her head and lowered it. ”No no, it’s still my fault. I should have known there was a pack here. I’m so sorry.” The hybrid raised her head back up and looked to the male once more.

Sanuye smiled as she watched the birds. She admired that the male was able to tame them, although she didn’t need any birds. She had her spirit guide as well as her horse companion was enough for her. The coyote smiled and looked to the sky. It was a nice day for the autumn and it was getting later in the day. She would have to get back home soon so that she could get back to her duties, but there was nothing wrong with spending a little more time here. The hybrid wagged the tip of her tail and flipped through her book nervously, not sure what else to ask the male.

table by james.
[/html]
[html]

OOC: We can start wrapping this up I think ^^

Niro didn’t see why she was still apologizing but he wasn’t going to press the matter, it wasn’t as though she was on top of the territory, sure she was near it, but she was reading, not trying to spit across the borders or something even more derogatory. He saw that she was getting rather bored of their meeting, he wasn’t as lively as he’d once been and he watched as she leafed trhough her book, letting his slight curiousity in the thing come out.

What is that you are reading?

He asked, he knew that would have been the first thing that Orin would have asked, or at least made sure she’d know, but he wasn’t his sister and it wouldn’t do well for him to keep thinking about her as she was not there and it hurt him to think they’d parted ways as a close brother and sister, but that was how life went.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]
[html]
This was fun as always :3. WC: 315 {3 points}

Sanuye felt a little bad for Niro. She wasn’t sure if she was making him uncomfortable or not. She wanted to make sure that he was comfortable and not take by her nervous behavior. She moved her arms to her side as she reached for her book again. She wanted to read again, but she thought it would be a little rude to read while she still had a guest around. Perhaps it was best that she head home soon. She smiled as she opened it to make sure she remembered what page she was on and called Niyol back over. She was ready to go back and didn’t want to bother the male even more. The coyote was sure that he had some things to get back to and she had to get back to her duties.

Sanuye paused and turned her silver gaze to the male. He asked about the book she had with her. She held the book in front of her and flipped to the cover. ”It’s called ‘The Passion’. It’s a book I found in a library.” She paused before flipping the book onto its back side. ”It’s supposed to be about a girl falling in love with a creature kind of like us. It’s really weird but a nice book.”

Sanuye rose to her feet and moved over to her companion’s side. It was time for her to head back home. She hopped up onto Niyol’s back and looked down to her new friend. ”I should be heading back home now Niro. It was a pleasure to meet you. Perhaps we can get together again sometime. I’ll be sure to bring another treat for your companions.” She gave a light and friendly giggle before having the horse turn and head back towards the AniWaya borders. She waved to the male before she disappeared into the woods.

table by james.
[/html]