The dog days are over.
[html]

Backdated, hope you don't mind!

The hybrid was taking some time off to enjoy the simpler pleasures of life, and what better place to start then a place filled with unbosomed flowers? Chip, her lovely 'pet' titmouse had suggested it earlier, tugging suggestively at her ear until she followed. He had been coming around less and less lately, but now, there he sat waiting on a thick branch of one of gentle trees. With the thickening of her fur, Yuki could tell that Winter would be about soon. She assumed her feathered friend would not migrate, (As most Chickadees did not) and was quite excited to share the soon coming joys of winter with some one other then the shadows she would cast upon the snow.

She trotted through the rows of trees, soaking up the soft smells that filled the fall air. "Sleep." Whispered a hushed voice, ushering her to lay down in a nearby pile of leaves. She carried out her instructions and laid down where the voice had suggested, comforted by the warm embrace of the fallen leaflets. She felt the fragile Titmouse snuggle next to her, hiding himself within her silky fur. Feeling completely at peace, the woman finally let her imagination carry her to a better place.

<style type="text/css">
.character-dugdgsk b {font-weight:bold; color:#112106; letter-spacing:1px; }
.character-dugdgsk .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:Arial, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#000000}
.character-dugdgsk p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; color:#752f16; font-familyTonguealatino Linotype;}
.character-dugdgsk i {font-weight:italic; color:#ffffff; letter spacing:1px;}
.character-dugdgsk {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#9aba3d; background-image:url(http://i31.tinypic.com/11sm8vt.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 277px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#0F475F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

I don't mind at all! Big Grin

Fall was her second most favorite time of the year, the creature had decided, as her large paws stepped on and crumbled fallen leaves. The colors that her surroundings took on seemed magical to her, and it wasn't too warm or too cold when this season reared its colorful head. Malachi had been going down the worn-down grass pathway, finding the sounds of nature calming and peaceful. It even inspired her to hum a small and happy tune, inhaling the sweet scents the winds carried to her.

Her walking stopped, though, as she neared a large piles of leaves to her left, away from the trail. The wind carried a different smell - one of another wolf nearby. Malachi's stubby tail wagged, with the excitement of potentially meeting someone new. Naturally, however, she was a bit wary. It seemed not many wolves took to her presence as kindly as another loner, though Mala never knew why. The creature stopped humming, and she took a few steps toward the leaves and saw the sleeping figure of a wolf.

"Oh?" She murmured quietly. Her curiosity carried her paws a couple steps forward, and then a couple more, until she was fairly close to the wolf. She did not want to disturb her, but there was a certain scent she picked up within the wolf, or her fur. But what was it? Slowly, she lowered her head and sniffed a couple times, her body leaning forward, still poised to move back at any sudden movements.

<style type="text/css">
.malaoasis .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding-left:70px; padding-right:15px; color:#000000}
.malaoasis .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding-left:73px; padding-right:10px; color:#321805}
.malaoasis b {font-weight:bold; text-shadow: #000000 1px 2px 1px; color:#a8f88c; letter-spacing:1px; }
.malaoasis {margin:0 auto; width:456px; background-image:url(http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/6971/malamid.png); background-position:center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 1px 10px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#916e5e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>

[/html]
[html]

Backdated, hope you don't mind!

The titmouse let out a few calls to wake the canine, warning her of the creature that was approaching. She awoke from her peaceful dream and glared at the bird before realizing a bear shaped shadow had fallen over her. Her eyes met the Bear's unblinkingly, searching from trace of aggression. As she suspected, she found none. Not many intelligent animals would attack a healthy wolf, or almost healthy wolf. Loner or not.

"Hello." She said, the sleepiness still held in her voice. Her orbs trailed down from the creature's eyes, locking onto the Bear's necklace and studying it. It amused her. The animal was strange as well, the way she just wandered up to a sleeping wolf. "Do bears often come out here? Don't wanna intrude onto hunting grounds.."

<style type="text/css">
.character-dugdgsk .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:Arial, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#000000}
.character-dugdgsk p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px; color:#752f16; font-familyTonguealatino Linotype;}
.character-dugdgsk {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#9aba3d; background-image:url(http://i31.tinypic.com/11sm8vt.jpg); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 277px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#0F475F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

The creature's nose wriggled as she saw the movement under the wolf's fur, and then the calls of what she recognized as a bird. As the wolf stirred, Mala took a step or two back, shuffling her large paws against the pile of leaves on the earth. When the female turned to look at her, Malachi was almost surprised the female didn't look at her with shock, or fear, or utter disgust on her face. Those expressions were shown on just about every other wolf she had come across here, in the land of Souls.

The female still looked sleepy, but unperturbed by being awoken. When the wolf greeted her, she lowered her head and looked down at her paws. "I-I'm sorry," she whispered, as if she didn't want to raise her voice and really wake her up. "I didn't mean to interrupt your nap." Her eyes shifted to look up at the wolf, who was staring at the necklace dangling around her large neck. The wolf's next question was a strange one, and she quirked her brow.

"Well, I certainly hope not," Malachi said in a gentle tone, with a bit of humor in it, lifting her head up to gaze around the environment. "I don't see any, I think we're safe." Why would that be the first question to ask a stranger? The creature stood there, but her muscles were not tensed up. She would've smelled danger from miles away if it were coming. Her ears twitched atop her head as she directed her gaze down to the sleepy female. "Should I-- Should I leave you be?"

It was simply curiosity that drove her towards the figure on the pile of leaves. She didn't want to be rude, of course, but it always made her feel better to have someone to talk to. On the other hand, Mala loved her privacy too, and wanted to respect that of others.

<style type="text/css">
.malaoasis .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding-left:70px; padding-right:15px; color:#000000}
.malaoasis .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding-left:73px; padding-right:10px; color:#321805}
.malaoasis b {font-weight:bold; text-shadow: #000000 1px 2px 1px; color:#a8f88c; letter-spacing:1px; }
.malaoasis {margin:0 auto; width:456px; background-image:url(http://img263.imageshack.us/img263/6971/malamid.png); background-position:center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 1px 10px 0px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#916e5e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>

[/html]
[html]

Sorry it took me like, 3 days to reply! Finally finished getting all Range's stuff straightened out. [:

At first, the hybrid was almost completely sure that the bear was being sarcastic. But if she had to judge by the posture and manner in which she said it, she could see the bear did not think it was a fib. "A bear who thinks it's a wolf.. That's a new one." She had attempted to deny situations many times herself, but in the end it always failed. "We'll help her." A voice suggested. Yuki was not exactly sure why, but she knew it was not the 'good voice. She also knew that this might turn out bad. "Then what are you doing here?" She questioned, her sleepiness being worn away by her constant thinking. She ran her tongue over her chops, wetting them to rid of the dryness they had encountered during her nap. "You don't have to go." She enjoyed looking at the animal. Bears were known to be powerful, but she had never really encountered one up close. They usually ignored her, but not many charged unless they were protecting their young and she ventured to near for their comfort. "Does everyone refer to you as a wolf?" She asked, returning back to the subject at hand.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

ooc: I'm sorry too that this took a little while! <3. Posting might be slow due to the fact that I acquired a job today. Also, don't mind Mala's obliviousness :3 I have a plot stirring soon that will "wake" her up to her real identity.

She cocked her head and looked down at the female, who still seemed relaxed, but curious. Mala looked at the titmouse that popped in and out of the wolf's fur, and blinked in curiosity. Mala shook her head when she was asked a question, and decided to let curiosity get the best of her at a later time. "Me? I'm just wandering, really. Have to do what wandering I can before this.. strange sleep.. overcomes me when it gets colder." She had paused mid-sentence, even trying to figure out herself what caused her to shut down, and others not.

"What about you? Other than finding a nice spot to rest in," Mala smiled, hearing a light wind rustle what leaves still clung onto its stems. Her rounded ears twitched happily as the creature felt more inclined to stay at the other female's invitation of sorts. Mala made a motion to sit, hearing leaves crumble under her massive weight. Then she heard the other ask a question that bothered her, and it showed. "Does everyone refer to you as a wolf?" What on earth was that supposed to mean? Her eyebrow raised in question at the other, taking a moment to try and understand why the female even brought such a silly question up. "Well of course! Doesn't everyone refer to you as one?" The creature wasn't all too sure how to answer that one. "My mother always taught me that we wolves all look different, but that's what makes us unique. Isn't that true?" Oh, how she learned a lot from that wolf she came to call mother. If only she had been told the real story.

<style>
.malasnow p {padding:5px 10px; text-indent:25px; margin:0px;}
.malasnow b {color:#713004;}
.malasnow-text {margin:15px 5px 15px 15px; padding:3px; color:#122242; width:330px; height:190px; overflow: auto; background-color:#c2d2ee; -moz-opacity: 0.6; opacity: 0.6; filter: alpha(opacity=60); border: 1px solid #000;}
.malasnow {width:451px; height:270px; margin:0 auto; background-image:url(http://img87.imageshack.us/img87/4972/m ... lesnow.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 0px 0px 1px 0px; font-family: baskerville old face, sans-serif; font-size:15.5px; line-height:16px; text-shadow: 1px 0px 1px #060914; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border: 1px solid #000;}
</style>
[/html]