Tell the Truth
[html]

(5 Points)

Niro had woke up to a nightmare, something that had scared him so bad, but when he tried remembering it, he couldn’t help but feel scared though, he looked at the small form next to him, Amaranth was asleep soundly, a rare sight for him to see as she’d been the one who rarely got much sleep due to her own nightmares. His mind then went to Lolita and the puppies, … HIS puppies, he’d yet to tell her, but he would, he was afraid, afraid of what she’d do or say… he was still trying to absorb it all in himself, what with him and her already mating, he wondered if he’d gotten her pregnant too, it was a thought he was willing to think about, but if she wasn’t he’d be all the happier right now, just thinking he’d already had very young ones now, just scared him, he barely knew what to do with them, they were adorable all of them… but just thinking that they came from him… from a drunken night, it made him feel horrible, not that he’d conceived them at all but because he’d just done an act that was suppose to be sacred… with three different women, and impregnating one of them. His brain was on fire just thinking about it, and he decided to go out and get some fresh air. That wasn’t the only thing on the wolf’s mind either, his sister… she’d left the miracle’s pack for good, and he didn’t know if anyone but him knew, and that made him worry, they would be worried if she were gone for so long wouldn’t they? It was only expected, even though the pink hued wolf barely did much to make too much of a difference in the pack but she’d made friends

His first thought was to go to Vigilante and tell him. That was what he’d do, the sun was starting to rise as he moved slowly through the packlands towards his Kings house. He was sure he’d find his way there by the time the man was awake, at least he hoped so, but with all the stuff on his mind… he could not do anything else but walk to Vigil’s house. It had been so long since he’d seen the king, even Ayita, but he was more afraid to face Amaranths’ mother than he was Vigil, mostly because with his luck she’d ask where her daughter was. Though her smell was all over him so anyone would ask about her.

When he finally reached the kings home he took a deep breath before he knocked. He stood there waiting, the cold wind ruffled his fur. The rest of his thoughts rushing around in his head made him ignore the cold of the day, and to just get on with what he needed to say. He had to get this done soon or he felt he would explode from the stress he was going through, he wasn’t sure how the king would react but he doubted he’d really make too big of a fuss about Orin.

<style type="text/css">
.sleekniro b {font-weight:bold; color:#AD7E00; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.sleekniro-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:10px; color:#AD7E00; text-align:right; }
.sleekniro p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.sleekniro {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#DBBA72; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... robird.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 230px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#3C3226; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]
[html]

300+ words.

The King spent much of his time away from the house, though he had been trying to stay close knowing that Kambujiya was living with them and had been taken into their care. Amaranth had left the house by now and Ever was growing up, as well, but they had a very young boy living with them. Because of him, Vigilante was keeping close to the house so that he could watch over the rust colored boy. He appeared to be alone in the house today, though, he realized as he padded down the hallway in his muscular secui form at the sound of the knock. It was not a common occurrence for them to get visitors, though occasionally a pack member would come to him with a problem or to get to know their leader a bit more. Presumably, this was one of those occasions.

The door was closed, of course, and he shifted to his optime form so that he could properly welcome his guest. Jade eyes settled on Niro when he opened the door, though something did not seem entirely right with him. Vigilante could not place the emotion that seemed to be radiating from the younger man, though he was able to recognize that Niro smelled heavily of Amaranth. "Hello, Niro," he said in greeting. "Come in. What brings you out here today?" he asked as he held the door open for the mohawked wolf to pass through and into their living room. He waited until his Majordomo had entered to close the door behind him and to follow into the sitting portion of the room, easing himself onto one of the arm chairs, leaving another chair and the couch open for Niro to sit. He knew very little of Niro or his sister, admittedly, and he hoped that this would be a pleasant visit, but he certainly did not know what to expect.

<style type="text/css">
.vigilion b {font-weight:bold; color:#EDC562; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.vigilion-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:10px; color:#EDC562; text-align:right; }
.vigilion p {text-indent:30px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.vigilion {margin:0 auto; width:340px; background-color:#DE6D05; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... gilion.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #602201; padding: 170px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#602201; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

(3 Points)

He felt like he waited for thirty minutes before the door opened to reveal only Vigilante, which made him sigh in relief. He would have run if Ayita had been the one to open the door. He’d moved into the house on invitation, hoping that Vigil’s mate wasn’t anywhere near, he was nervous enough as it was, and moved with the king as they found a spot to sit. He was quiet the whole time, trying to think of what to tell the king. He chewed his lip and took a deep breath.

I’m afraid some bad news really… I thought you should know though… but Orin, she’s left the pack.

He again bit his lip this time not from fear, but from pain of loss, it wasn’t like his parents, but it was like his sister who’d been plastered to his side just ripped herself right off and went away without letting Niro heal up. It felt worse than the moose attack. He felt the king should know the news, and possibly give him a little advice, he did know that Lolita was his niece, so he might even know what to do, though he didn’t know the relationship that Vigil had with her. That all would come later… first was the news he needed to know now, or at least informed about. Niro was still in shock that his sister had left her most dreampt about pack, but it seemed that now there was a new one, one she’d told him that had a hero… he didn’t look like much of a hero… leader, well… anyone could lead, and her most favorite part… a pack that did nothing but artistic creations… he saw no pleasure in the thought of a pack like that… he only learned to read to get Orin off of his back though he didn’t regret it, but that was his extent of art.

<style type="text/css">
.sleekniro-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:10px; color:#AD7E00; text-align:right; }
.sleekniro {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#DBBA72; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... robird.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 230px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#3C3226; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]
[html]

300+ words.

Perhaps nervous was best term to use to describe the way that Niro seemed to be acting, though the King would certainly wait for him to tell him what was on his mind. Obviously Niro had come to talk to him, or perhaps Ayita, but Vigilante would wait until he was ready without prying. He enjoyed knowing that his pack members were able to come to him with anything that was on their minds, and he was certainly not going to ruin that by being impatient with his members when they did come to speak with him. That trust and respect between leader and members was important to him and he would do nothing intentionally to compromise it.

When the mohawked male finally spoke, Vigilante allowed him to get all of his words out before he spoke. He had realized that Orin had seemed less happy here since the disappearance of Jacquez, but it disheartened him to realize that she had been so unhappy that she had left the pack and her brother. "I am sorry to hear that, Niro," he began. It was unfortunate that they had lost a member, but it would certainly affect Niro more than anyone else. "I give my condolences on your loss, and I am wondering, did she settle somewhere nearby so that you might visit her?" Vigilante knew that sibling relationships were important, and years of his life now had been spent mourning the loss of his sister. He hated to think that Niro would never see her again. It was unfortunate that she had been so unhappy here that she had felt the need to leave, but the King hoped that she was close. Even if she were not a member of the pack, she would be able to visit her brother and he could visit her, as long as she had settled close to the Miracles pack.

<style type="text/css">
.vigilion-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:10px; color:#EDC562; text-align:right; }
.vigilion {margin:0 auto; width:340px; background-color:#DE6D05; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v313/ ... gilion.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #602201; padding: 170px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:11px; color:#602201; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

(3 Points)

Niro was expecting such a reaction, and thank goodness for that because he just wasn’t able ot get much more into the drama he’d gotten himself into already. He nodded at Vigilante’s question.

She says it’s in the Ethereal Eclipse, some new pack I suppose, I guess it’s best for her to be in a pack she really likes, one she can be a part of I suppose.

He said, thinking about her writing, and her continuous pretending that the world was actually a book. It was always a pain to save her from the real life dangers she’d put herself into and knew that the shawchert guy would have his own hands full with her, but he’d also made it clear to the pretty boy that he’d not stand for anyone letting something happen to his sister. She’d been his responsibility for most of his life and she’d moved away. He rubbed his injured leg absentmindedly, though it still hurt, and he couldn’t put full pressure on it, but it was better today than most days, he just had a natural reflex to do that until he stopped hurting, not to mention he wanted more off his chest…

I also… need to ask advice about something.

He said his eyes averted from the king, he rarely would come to someone for anything unless he knew that person well, but he knew that Vigil was Lolita’s Uncle, he’d probably know her well enough, and know what to do… know what Niro should do, He wanted to be in his daughters lives for as long as they could stand him, but thinking about it was difficult, just thinking he had daughters was absolutely terrifying to Niro. Vigil had a slight idea about children, he’d fostered Kam and had helped with the upbringing of Amaranth. He’d know a thing or two at least… more than Niro did.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]
[html]

300+ words.

This was the first that Vigilante was hearing about a new pack being founded in the area. Cour des Miracles had been the newest pack in the area up until now, apparently, and they had settled close. He would need to venture that way soon, especially if one of his members had left to join that pack. "That is what is important, and it seems that she has settled close. Do you know anything about this pack? This is the first I'm hearing of it, and I hope that it is suitable for her... However, if she finds it is not to her liking, she is more than welcome to return here," he added. The King suspected that Niro would see Orin long before he did and he hoped that the younger man would pass on that message. Vigilante was not hoping it would not work out, but he wanted it to be known that Orin would be welcome here as long as she wanted. He wanted her to know that.

There was more to the visit, it seemed, and he listened to the short statement as Niro spoke and then processed the request. Surely this was something of the utmost importance, as he doubted that Niro would be coming to him for advice if it was not something big. They were not very close, admittedly, and if there was something that Niro needed to talk to the King about, surely it was important. "I'd be more than happy to give you advice if it is something I can do. What is on your mind?" The King held himself composed in front of his pack member, but in his mind he was running through a list of possibilities that Niro could need advice about. He hoped that he was not considering leaving the pack, as well. That would be a sad thing, indeed.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

(3 Points)OOC: he just doesn't know what to doooo!!!

She said it was well… some kind of art and performing pack, something that would excite the book worm she is. I guess they prefer to do artsy stuff over real work.

Niro couldn’t hide his distaste, though he only hated it because it evidently made his sister leave the pack for another, and he had an inkling she had something going on for that leader that had joined her.

I met the leader too… He’s huge, doesn’t look like he’d be into art but more about wrestling bears for the fun of it. But I’m glad if she doesn’t like the pack after a while that she’s able to come back.

He said with a reassuring smile. His heart started beating faster when Vigil seemed to give him all ears, he wasn’t sure how to put this, especially he knew what happened the last time he told a pack mate that he’d mated with his family which ultimately lead her to leaving, this time he’d impregnated her and left her with three children to take care of.

Well a few months ago… I met someone, well she was nice and all, we had a drink, and she’d mentioned you were her uncle, her name’s Lolita, well I can’t remember that night but… but…

He swallowed his throat was suddenly dry, he thought of good words to present to the king, knowing that the last time he’d just blurted everything out. He’d do a better job of not making things so utterly obvious.

A few days ago, she came by the shattered coast… and told me that… well that I had… daughters…

He breathed hard, it was hard making things sound better then they really were, he did wish Orin was there because she’d been so much better putting words together so that they seemed for the better than the worse.

I don’t know what to do, I didn’t know I did anything with her… now I have puppies… and well, I don’t know what to do.

he couldn’t look at his king now, he put his hands over his face, not to cry but to not see what was in store for him, life was a mess, on top of things he’d probably done almost the same thing with Amaranth, though he was not in many ways mated with her in any case, he’d never leave her side, but that was a worry he didn’t know anything and just knowing he had daughters, just made him feel so paranoid.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]
[html]

300+ words.

Vigilante listened with interest about the meaning behind the area’s newest pack, knowing that he would soon need to make a venture that way, especially if they had settled close. Cour des Miracles was on good terms with both Crimson Dreams and AniWaya, and he certainly would not mind if his band of misfits working together could form a good relationship with another pack. Of course, it was even more important that the packs be friendly with one another, as Niro’s sister had moved there. For the sake of the brother and sister duo, their packs would do well to be on good terms with one another. “We would never turn her away if she were to return,” he said reassuringly. The King understood the bond between siblings and he would never intentionally be a part of keeping them away from each other. The bond was far too precious a thing.

The obvious nervousness that Niro was feeling concerned the dog King, as he did not know what to expect from the way he had spoken. Vigilante remained quiet until the mohawked wolf began to speak again, though he felt himself bristle inwardly at the mention of Lolita. Evidently she had been around here and she was admitting to others of their relation, something he did not expect. His creamy niece hated him with all of her being, or so she had certainly led him to believe. The uncle was not surprised to hear of them sharing a drink in that it was not an astonishing thing to consider Lolita doing, though he would admit that he did not expect it of Niro. He did not know the grey male well, though, so he supposed he should not be surprised by it. To hear Lolita described as nice was also a surprise, though he would not show it, keeping his expression stoic as he listened.

Daughters. It took the King a full moment to process the information and he felt a flare of protection surge. The daughters Niro spoke of were his and Lolita’s. “You… and Lolita… Have daughters,” he repeated, the information stunning him. “How old?” was all he could ask, shock registering on his face in ways it never did. The man of masks could not hide the shock he was feeling, hurt coming along with it. He had great-nieces, and he had not known. “She would never tell me… I wonder if I will ever see them.”

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

3 Points

Niro swallowed hard, pulling his face from his hands, to see his king in great thought. Niro felt his mouth dry as he started asking the questions… questions he didn’t expect, they were calm too, not angry. It made Niro love his king more for who he was, he wished he had such a patience.

She brought them… they are a month or so…

He said trailing off, he’d not known all this time that he had more than just family here… it was tearing him apart. If circumstances hadn’t been the way they were… He’d drop things here and move to Dahlia, but… that wouldn’t fix much… He had a mate now, his life had been here. He wasn’t going anywhere… but the three pups that Lolita had brought, were now stuck to his heart. He wanted to see them and he knew he would, but to be a father? It was just… he heard Vigil speak, that he’d possibly never see his great nieces. He looked at him. The great wolf before him cared, though he had not met them. Niro had not known Lolita and his own’s relationship, it seemed distant when Lolita had inquired about Vigilante, but that was all he’d gotten from her.

I’m sure you will get to meet them… I am their father after all, I want to be in their lives… but I cannot leave here. This is my home… I’ve a place right here.

He wanted Vigil to know that he was torn, but that he was staying in this pack until he died. He hated thinking about his children… he’d known that children were to stay with their parents, but he couldn’t take any from their sisters or mother, just so that he could feel better about himself, the best he could do… was try to be there for them.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]
[html]

300+ words.

He did not know how he was supposed to feel at that moment in time, but he knew what he was feeling. Vigilante was confused more than anything. He had not even known whether or not Lolita was even still in the area, though evidently she was. Despite everything, as well, the caramel-colored King was even a bit angry, though he did not show this to Niro. It was not all the mohawked man’s fault and it would be unfair to blame him, but the King felt the tug of family. It was not for Lolita, but for his sister and Lolita’s mother, and for his infant great-nieces. It was a jumble of unexpected emotions and he was not a fan of how they made him feel, and he was doing his best to remain calm for Niro’s sake.

There was a touch of relief at Niro’s words, though he also felt a moment of anger for it, as well. Vigilante was glad that his Majordomo would not be leaving the pack, but in the back of his mind, that small touch of anger was for the fact that Niro did not want to live with his daughters. He quieted that part of his mind quickly, though, knowing that it was a decision Niro had to make on his own and he needed to do what was best for him. If remaining in Cour des Miracles and doing what he could to be involved despite the distance was what the grey wolf needed, then Vigilante was glad to allow him to do just that.

Of all thoughts in his mind, though, he could not subdue the worry that he would never meet them. Niro was their father, indeed, but that did not mean that he would have the chance to meet them. “She will not want them to meet me. We have… a delicate relationship. She hates me.” He paused. “There was a time when she tried to kill me,” he admitted. There was very little he had spoken of his past, and this was as close as he had ever gotten with Niro. “What are they like?” he asked tentatively.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC: +3 OOC: whew I decided to post now that I’ve gotten to see the puppie’s personalities first hand Big Grin

He could tell Vigil was a strong wolf, he’d have throttled himself with his excuse he’d made for not going to live with his daughters, truth be told he wasn’t asking for pity, and the fact that Lolita had actually made it certain he’d not be able to even join the pack, he didn’t have much choice to stay. Vigil’s words ran through Niro’s mind… she’d almost killed him? Why what would Vigil do that would provoke her? but then again… she didn’t need to be provoked, which made him wonder about the well being of his daughters.

They will not always be with her, so there’s no saying you’ll never meet them…

He didn’t want to inquire about why Lolita had tried to kill Vigil, and he knew that his king was only giving Niro an eyesight of what Lolita was like and how much she hated her uncle. He smiled when Vigil asked what they were like,

They are busy little things, very rambunxious… Foxglove, she is the shyest, she was more afraid of me and Poppy, she was well, very wary of me as well… I can’t blame them, but she seems so sweet, I had seen her and Magnolia playing… Magnolia is the most rambunxious of the three, she looks almost exactly like me.

His voice started cracking when he spoke of them… it had been a few days since he’d seen his daughters but it hurt him that he wouldn’t be able to see them again… why did the world hate him so much? He took deep breaths calming himself.

They were polite, and playful, I wasn’t able to get to know them much, but… They … they

He put his hand over his face, feeling anguished, he wanted to turn and go the other direction and find his children and take them back so they had their father… but he could think of nothing horrible with their mother…. Well besides that she refused to let him be a big part of their life…

<style>
.niroocean .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.niroocean p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.niroocean b {color:#AAD0E9; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.niroocean {background-color:#000000; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010may/nirotable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:150px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #AAD0E9; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#E4EDF3; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.niroocean-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

300+

To have his family here had never been his intention, not in this way. He had planned to find a mate and settle down with children of his own, but he had never expected anyone else in the Haskel family to migrate this far to the east. It had thrown him for a definite loop when he had first run into Lolita, and now to know that he had great-nieces in the area that he may never get the chance to meet was upsetting, though the stoic man would never allow so much emotion to show. Niro seemed to have enough to deal with at the moment as is, and the King knew that it would do no good to be angry or upset with the mohawked wolf. It was too late and it would not be fair.

He appreciated that Niro did not question what he said about Lolita attempting to kill him, instead responding that he would likely still get to meet them at some point in time. "Thank you. I would like for the chance to meet them," he replied, listening as his pack member described Vigilante's newest family members. Concern crept into his expression as Niro's voice cracked and the man covered his face. The caramel man had never been good with grief and he did not know what he could do, if anything, to ease the man's obvious pain. "Crying for them is not what they need," he said gently. "Tears will not help them grow. They will need you in their life, regardless of what Lolita may tell you. She may feel otherwise, as she did not have a father and I was not a good model, but they will need you in their life somehow." Perhaps not yet, though, but he kept that part to himself.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

ooc...

He was trying to be strong, trying but as young as he was… he felt like life was slapping him in the face… did he deserve all that was happening to him, or was he just asking for it… whatever the case he tried to quell his intense feelings. The kings words were kind, and stern, and it made Niro find himself again. He let his ears listen, and he took his hand from his face,

You are right… I just… it’s so much to take in, but I want to be a part of their lives, for the better, I want them to at least know that if they need me… no matter the distance… that they can count on me.

He was saying this more to himself, but in a way to reassure his leader that he was not a loser father, that he wanted what was best for his children, that he’d do what he could to be with them, when he could. He knew the days would be hard on him, especially with winter coming, but he was going to work on whatever way he could to at least visit his children… in hopes that they wouldn’t hate him too much when they grow older.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Meghann!

[/html]
[html]

Vigilante did not know much about the specifics of what had occurred between Niro and his niece, but he supposed that was probably for the best. He knew what Niro had told him and nothing else, but he could imagine Lolita's side of it. She had an abrasive way about her and the only words she had spoken to him in well over a year had been spat with such fury that he could only assume that she was not often the most pleasant being to be around. At the same time, he did not fear for the safety of his great-nieces, though he wasn't certain as to why he felt they would be safe.

He was glad that Niro could see what he was trying to convey. "I know this is very difficult for you," he said gently, as that much was extremely obvious, "but all that you can do is try your hardest to be there for them while still giving her the distance that she wants between you and herself, as well as your daughters. As long as you do that, I think they will know that you will be there for them." Certainly he couldn't be sure of such a thing, but it seemed only logical to the King.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC: I think we can wrap this up, Niro’s all done complaining hehe unless there’s more if not you can reply and close or just close whichever <3

Niro nodded, the kings words were as wise as he knew they’d be, they gave him a little peace in his mind and heart, all he had to do was try and be there for his girls, the thought was still so new to him, but he’d have to make himself get use to it.

Thank you Vigilante, I appreciate it, I’m sorry I came so late I will let you get back to sleep, I think it’s about time for me to head home too.

He said, standing, and giving his king a little bow, he knew he was extending a stay that he had pushed upon the king and felt that it was about time to go home, and let his thoughts settle down with what the king had to say, he was even more thankful that he had Vigilante as one, he’d seen the way Jaq acted and he doubted he would have been as much help as the man before him was now.

<style>
.niro-c03 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.niro-c03 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.niro-c03 b {color:#0B151E; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.niro-c03 {background-color:#CDE7FE; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010june/nirogift.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 318px 0px; border:1px solid #EBF5FD; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#2A3F52; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; }
.niro-c03-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

It meant a great deal to the dog King that his pack member had come to him with his problems about his sister and recently discovered daughters. Vigilante had come to realize in the time since he had taken over the rank of King that his pack members seemed to trust and respect him, and they also seemed comfortable coming to speak to him freely about anything that was on their minds. He was thankful to have members who felt that way about him, and he respected them in turn.

"I am glad that I could be of some help, Niro, and please, there is no need to apologize. I am glad that you did choose to come to me," he said with a gentle, knowing smile. He truly hoped that he had been enough help for the mohawked wolf and that Niro would continue to come to him with any problems or concerns in the future. It was important to him.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]