we walk into the tide
[html]

ooc;; 03.11.10

He had achieved one of his most important goals to acheive before he was a year old- he had shifted. Thinking back to the last few days, he had stayed firmly in his lupud form, preferring being closer to the ground. His optime form was taller and he found that when running in his early morning routine, the vertigo hit almost immediatly. He was certain that he would get used to it. He liked his secui form, it made him look very large and muscled. However, the most distressing aspect about all his forms was the simple fact that he was too skinny to wear them. Even in his lupus form, which seemed to sit well with him, was too thin. He would have been living in Dahlia a month in two days and he had barely put on any weight or fat to bulk him out. He was almost embarrassed to admit that he looked weedier than Ascher did, and that was saying something. He needed to do something about this fact, and he doubted very much that he was going to do it alone.

Today had bought him to the small town of Berwick, not too far from the home he shared with his brothes, aunt, alpha and other abandoned spawn. Mia lived there, as did his adopted neice and nephew, Melee and Range. They were almost two months old and seemed to be intent on tearing down the house with their racious play. Saul didnt mind, but he was still a little wounded from his brother lack of any need for him. He had always been the big brother with all the answers, but what could he tell Gideon if he ever had a problem with his children? He had no answers for that. It had driven him away from his brothers, but Sunday had been a nice catch up session for all of them. They had all managed to shift, then proceeded to have a picnic on the small island just off shore of Dahlia.

He needed to know how to hunt properly. Right now, he lay in the undergrowth of an overgrown hedge- thorns prickling his in an obnoxious manner. Green eyes were intent on the four small rabbits that seemed intent to graze the small amount of grass that had penetrated the cement of the road. Saul didnt imagine it was very nice to do so, but that wasnt his main concern at the moment. His belly was empty and he was starving. Trying to mimick the actions of the coyote, Aquila, Saul crept forward as silent as he could. With a burst of speed, the chase was on and Saul wanted that rabbit for his meal. He doubted, even to himself, that he would be successful.

word count;; 463

"speech"

<style type="text/css">
.saul .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:center; font-size:11px; padding:4px; color:#000000}
.saul .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:center; font-size:11px; padding:4px; color:#e7ec66}
.saul b {font-weight:bold; color:#25567c; letter-spacing:1px; }
.saul {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#4aa41a; background-image:url(http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/7159/saulbottom.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 350px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#916e5e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.freeB2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#f4b4a0; letter-spacing:1px; }
.ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.freeB2 p {padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.freeB2 {width:400px;border:1px solid #9a8a9c;background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... /free2.png);background-position:bottom center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-bottom:215px;background-color:#93a7ef;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:Verdana, sans-serif;font-size:10px;line-height:12px;color:#9a8a9c;}
</style>

300+ I'm sorry for keeping you waiting Sad

Perhaps he had followed the boy’s trail through scent, but as the young Alpha finally caught up with the boy, he instantly drew back and remained quiet for a few more moments. It was not clever to intrude into the scene and interact with a hunting wolf. He did not see Saul, but managed to catch a glimpse of the smaller forms of what could only be prey. It was strange how wildlife flourished even within the crumbling towns that Dahlia de Mai had included in their territory.

The alpha’s autumn hued form fitted well with the season’s colours, and unnoticeable pulled back without a sound to disturb the occupied rabbits. Lavender eyes continued to peer at the supposedly innocent scene of the rabbits grassing off the small strip of grass on the road. Conor was too far away to be a danger to them, and he had already pulled back around the corner in order to remain a spectator. His gaze moved in pursuit of Saul’s earthen toned form, but he was not awarded before the youth’s form shot out from its hiding spot from a hedge.

As expected, the smaller animals’ reaction was instant and the chase was on. Conor’s own predatory instincts suggested the alpha to join in the chase, but he refrained from taking part of this. Saul had to learn this the hard way and it was not even certain that Conor’s involvement would be appreciated at all. The four legged form of the Soul male calmly paced out into view from his spot on the corner, but what he did was to sit down and wrap his cinnamon hued tail around his cream front paws. It was given that he hoped the boy would be successful in the chase. He would know within few moments.

[/html]
[html]

ooc;; No worries Libri dear! I hope Conor can teach him something at least¬

Long legs strecthed back and forward, lengthy back stretching wider as his legs brought more and more ground beneath him. His still-strong puppy playfulness told him to simply chase and see where it got him, likely the way all puppies learned to hunt in the first place. His heart told him to chase whatever was in front of him, but his logical mind told him to hunt the weakest, the youngest or the oldest. They were the ones he had to chase. While he could have run these rabbits all around town and halfway over Dahlia, he seemed to circle them, bringing them together in a tight group as if hearding them. He didnt want to stray too far away from Berwick and this mornings run had kept him close to home. Whilst twisting and turning, his body dancing a happy rhythm as he kept the rabbits in a tight and frightened circle, a cinnamon figure stepped out from around the corner and perched down to watch. Conor was here.

Heart pounding in his chest, Saul's brows creased in concentration. Conor was here and the stakes were just a little higher. Green eyes locked on to one older rabbit, its back leg stiffer than the others around it. That would be his quarry. Powerful hind legs pushed harder, front legs often coming together as he bounded. Two times he snapped at the white fluff that served as a tail. The old rabbit was tiring, pulling behind from the group that, upon seeing their sheepdog's distraction, had broken away in scattering waves. He cared not for them any more, his prey was slipping, stumbling, tripping on its own stiffness and the large wolf on its paws. Saul pounced, front paws trapping the animal between the two. He gazed down at the little rabbit before his teeth sunk into the soft tissue just behind its nose. It would suffocate soon enough. He glanced back at Conor before picking the creature up and trotting over to his leader.

"I caught it Conor!! They didn't get away from me this time!"

He beamed, still not believing that he had actually caught the rabbit. All his previous attempts had failed, the rabbit getting far away from him before he was even close. But the pressure of his leader watching seemed to have made the boy excel. Gazing up at Conor, he saw a troubled man. Eveyone seemed to be troubled right now and he was too ignorant to figure it out. He fluffed his fully grown tail softly back and forward as he sat down and cocked his head softly to the side.

"Is everything okay?"

He inquired lightly, trying to pose the question at its least serious. He smiled softly, speckles of blood staining his snowy muzzle from his kill. He would eat it soon, but common courtesy demanded he speak to his leader. Ears at a half mast, body already lower than the cinnamon brutes, Saul showed signs of submission in a casual manner, nothing too obvious.

word count;; 504

"speech"

<style type="text/css">
.saul .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:center; font-size:11px; padding:4px; color:#000000}
.saul .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:center; font-size:11px; padding:4px; color:#e7ec66}
.saul {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#4aa41a; background-image:url(http://img840.imageshack.us/img840/7159/saulbottom.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 350px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#916e5e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
.freeB2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#f4b4a0; letter-spacing:1px; }
.ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.freeB2 p {padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.freeB2 {width:400px;border:1px solid #9a8a9c;background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v26/K ... /free2.png);background-position:bottom center;background-repeat:no-repeat;padding-bottom:215px;background-color:#93a7ef;text-align:justify;margin:10px;font-family:Verdana, sans-serif;font-size:10px;line-height:12px;color:#9a8a9c;}
</style>

300+ SLOW LIBRI AGAIN

Perhaps making an appearance was not so fair to the youth after all; it added pressure to the current situation, and it could inspire Saul’s nerves to allow mistakes to be made. The alpha’s face held a genuine, yet subtle smile, but could feel excitement stir his haunches nevertheless. The thrill of the hunt was well known to the golden man, and one he was wrong to intrude into when such a young member of the pack was practising his skills. He couldn’t undo his presence, but he would remain in his seat and observe in silence.

His face turned joyful the moment he saw victory in the scene before him, and so he rose and waited for the boy and his fallen prey the moment the battle was over and the other canine’s shape reeled towards the leader. The youth simply beamed as he announced the obvious, and the Soul male was sincerely pleased and proud of what he had had been so fortunate to witness. ”You were wonderful, Saul!” he beamed back, allowing his white tipped tail to thump against the ground of concrete and grass.

Perhaps his composed mask was not so composed after all, for the young member seemed to detect the touch of uneasiness that lingered within despite the adult’s attempts to keep it from reaching out. As the youth sat, so did Conor, mirroring the move. Regardless, he couldn’t push this over to Saul. ”Everything is all right, but you’re kind to ask,” he replied, pushing on with a smile that he hoped was reassuring.

”I see that you’re already quite skilled at hunting,” he commented, bringing them back to the merrier topic. ”Perhaps there’s a future Jager in you,” though many who hunted were not necessarily fond of using that skill in a rank. The Stormbringer children were growing quickly though, and it would not be long now before they received their adult ranks.

[/html]
[html]

ooc;; <3 Its fiiine Libri dear! ^^

The praise from his leader was like warm honey sliding down his throat- soothing and wonderful. It felt good for the young male to know that he had impressed his leader, who was fast becoming Saul's idol and role model. He looked up to Conor in a way that had not occured to the young male before- he wanted to be like the copper and gold male, aspired to live his life like him. And to receive praise from him warmed his belly. As such, Saul allowed a grin to stretch his bloodied lips wide and flash pinkened teeth at his leader. He had dropped the rabbit at Conor's feet and it remained there, still bleeding slightly. Saul glanced down at the glassy eyes of the creature and for a moment his stomach flipped over. Reason told him that he needed meat to sustain him, but his heart thudded softly at the thought of taking its life.

"Thank you Conor!"

His second question was met by the slightest flinch in the copper hued male's eyes. Saul only caught this slight indication of shock because he had bought his own green eyes up to gaze at his leader. He wondered what that slightest of flinches meant when the Alpha whispered seductively, reassuring Saul that everything was fine and he was kind to ask. For some reason, Saul didnt believe the male. However, he had enough manners and pack etiquette to let it drop and he dipped his head in a respectful manner before repling with a simple; "I'm glad to hear it". He had noticed that both the adults in their household had been off as of late and this sparked in Saul a need to see his aunt, to ask her the same question and see if her mismatched eyes flinched in the same was as their leader- it would be interesting if they did. Words broke his ponderings and Saul gave another grin to his leader.

"Really? I'm not sure what I want to do yet... But herbs really interest me and I thought about becoming a healer... Maybe Jager would suit me better, I dont know yet. Perhaps you could still give me some tips on hunting- that was the first time I have caught a rabbit without trickery!"

He enquired, hoping his leader would oblige and tell him how to hunt better. Or even better, show him. He had successfully caught one rabbit, but he had a long way to go. Perhaps Conor would be kind enough to point him in the right direction.

word count;; 427

"speech"

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
300+

It was difficult not to bring his personal issues along with him. Thoughts were trapped within his head and there wasn’t really anywhere for him to store them. The golden man was not fond of pushing matters under the dark surface of his unconsciousness. This would continue to swirl around and distort his emotions until he confronted Bris and dealt out the hand he had been given. The man knew very well that his beliefs and desires were unjust, but those views were hard to soothe, as they seemed to be part of his core. Haku’s claws had maimed his soul too deep for escape to be possible.

Conor tried to focus on the youth before him, tried to bathe in the glorious boast. Saul had impressed his leader with the catch. The words of the younger male poured into the bright autumn air, and Conor continued to nod, showing that he was paying attention to the other wolf’s words. ”I’m sure you’ll settle on a desired duty eventually.” The first few months as a subordinate or a graduierter were essential. The pack wolf would get the chance to try out different paths then, and again later as it started to move upwards through the hierarchy.

If anything, Conor’s rise into a leader at his young age made him more receptive to the abilities in those around him. Conor would follow Saul advance through the ranks with interest. ”There are many healers in this pack, so if that is an interest of yours, you will have no trouble finding teachers.” Dahlia de Mai had a strong number of those gifted in the ways of medicine and healing. Other packs had maybe one or two. It made the pack stronger, more capable of taking care of its members.

”Well, you certainly did well this time.” Lavender settled on the dead animal by the youth’s paws. ”What I find trickiest with rabbits is how quickly they alter their direction when you chase them.” They were fast, but a wolf’s paws could toss out impressive speed as well. What Conor found most difficult was to counter the sudden change of direction when chasing the average long eared prey.

”I’m not sure if it is a trick, exactly, but when I hunt I do my best to empty my head. I never assume to know the animal I’m chasing, even if it is a rabbit and I’ve killed many of them in the past. They are like us; different individuals with different qualities, and therefore they should never be underestimated.” One could never become an accomplished hunter. Skilled, yes, possible, but one could never reach perfection. ”It’s important to accept that even the most skilled of wolves in general fail at their hunts more often than they succeed.”

Table by James<3
[/html]
[html]

ooc;; <3 Its fiiine Libri dear! ^^

Saul didnt know what was wrong with his leader, per say. But he knew that it wasn't really his place to question his leaders words. So he remained silent, cinnamon ears cocking forward as his leaders reassurance that he would fit in whatever path he chose. He knew that in the very near future he was going to have to start taking responsibility for his own education, what he should learn, what skills he needed to get to where he wanted to go. He knew he needed to learn to read and possibly write if he wanted to have anything to do with healing. He needed to know what he was giving his patients! He was already well on his way to learning to hunt successfully and he planned on finding the blacksmith that would be able to teach him to protect himself. All in all, he was becoming a well rounded young man. It would just take a little time to refine these skills, that was all.

Conor spoke again and Saul consdered what he said. There were apparently many healers in the pack and for a moment he wondered if he actually wanted to be a healer. If there were so many in the pack, would they really need him? He didnt want to think about that so he pushed it to the back of his mind instead. "I'm sure I will find a good teacher!" He agreed with a smile. Now that he had caught the rabbit he didnt know exactly what to do with it. Leaning down, Saul hooked his nose under the small creatures body and pushed it towards Conor as a gift to his leader.

His leader began to speak about hunting and Saul gave Conor his undivided attention on this subject. After all, it was what he had wanted all along. For someone to actually tell him what to do instead of having to fumble in the dark and hope that he found the light switch. So as the copper and gold male told him what had helped him in the past Saul smiled up at him. He had found that his morning runs had always helped to clear his head and now the young timber coloured male found it easy to clear his head. However, when Conor spoke about the rabbits being different and unique Saul was confused for a moment. His puppy brain wasnt so used to thinking of things in these ways and he didnt truely comprehend what his leader was telling him.

"Its hard to guess which way they're going to go- they're just so quick! When I lived alone I used to ambush them- I couldn't quite get the technique right in chasing them."

He admitted. He hadnt really ever spoken about his time as a loner to anyone, but thoughts always swirled around in his head about those lonely two months. He wondered if the copper and gold male had ever been on his own, but he felt just a little too shy to ask him about it.

word count;; 511

"speech"

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
300+

Although others would probably disagree with this, Conor thought it was a good thing to have a steady group of healer within one pack. It helped them all to expand their horizon, having several colleagues to turn to. Of course, a wide variety of skills was to be preferred, but the young leader believed that his pack members should be able to choose freely what they wanted rather than what was needed. Dahlia de Mai was a strong pack these days and there was nothing in particular that they lacked. He had toyed some more with the idea of making more use of the town, but it was still nothing more than a thought.

A nod was given to the boy. ”I’d be willing to aid you if you decided to give it a try.” Conor’s schedule was tight, but he knew his priorities. He would never be too busy to aid the next generation and help them to acquire skills that one day would keep this pack going. The cinnamon coated male doubted he would be the best teacher, however, as he had barely practised this skill for more than approximately a year or so. He had had one of the best teachers there was though; his grandmother’s sister who had been a healer for many years.

Whether Saul understood what he meant with his words about rabbits or not, the topic was continued. Indeed, they were different to catch. The best thing was in fact to ambush—or so Conor thought. ”Ambush is probably the way to go,” he mused, believing that they all had their little tips and tricks when it came to the area of hunting. ”Making traps is also a very good way to capture smaller prey, have you tried that?” he continued, wondering if this was something to consider. It was easier now to ensure there was enough food now when the Stormbringer puppies had grown and were better able to take care of themselves, but it had been difficult at times. Conor should probably find someone with the knowledge of traps and see where that could get him.

Table by James<3
[/html]
[html]

ooc;; <3

Green eyes caught the nod whilst cinnamon backed ears cupped forward to hear Conor's offer. A smile graced the young boys lips and he gave a nod back, his tail flickering softly back and forward. It would be good to be taught by the male, despite the fact that he knew Conor was a busy man. Still, Saul was not satisfied that Conor was as fine as he said he was. He was pretty sure that all of the pups in the Victorian house had picked up on the tension in their home between the copper leader and the white woman. But he wasnt going to comment on it any more- he would go and speak to Bris though.

"Thank you for the offer, Conor"

Saul offered back with a soft smile. Conor spoke once more and Saul was pleased with this extra praise. It seemed he was pleasing his leader a lot in this one meeting. It was nice to know he was appreciated within the pack and his ideas were at least worth something to his leader. Tail flickered back and forward as he thought back to those times that he had successfully managed to ambush a rabbit. Hiding in the bushes, so silent that he had wanted to break it with a bark or something. The pain in his stomach so great it made his eyes water. And then the snuffling of a bunny as he came closer- the burst of energy and the closing of his jaws around the panicked rabbit. It had been satisfying. However, his leader, spoke of a different method once more.

"Traps? I'd never thought about that. A trap made of what?"

He asked, his puzzled little puppy face turned towards his leader. He hadn't heard of metal yet and didnt understand what else could cause damage like his own jaws. He also didnt quite understand the mechanism in the spring, so the whole idea didnt exactly make sense to him. But surely his leader would enlighten him.

word count;; 336

"speech"

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
--

Face tilted to the side as lavender gaze turned slightly distant, in search of a viable answer to offer the youth before him. It was not an area he was well acquainted with, though one he should have been as it would in general make hunting much easier. To be a guardian, a hunter and an alpha was a very heavy burden, and it almost felt like general exhaustion had become a part of him. When had he last felt refreshed and energized in the morning? Some mornings were better than others, but he never seemed to sleep well, even if he had no memory of waking up or succumbing to nightmares.

”There are different kinds of traps,” he stated, the gentle curve on his lips remaining as he thought it over. Haku Soul had used old fashioned metal traps with dangerous jaws that could bite half way through a canine’s leg. What an agonizing way to die. ”Metal turned into jaws that snap together if someone steps into the middle of it.” But there were other, more humane methods to go by, he knew. ”I don’t know too much about it myself, to be honest, but there are many different traps one can make. From wood and ropes, where the prey is merely caught, and other methods still; like a hole in the ground decorated with sharp spears to penetrate the falling victim.”

The last kind of trap was one he had read about in some book he could not recall the title of. There were so many possibilities. ”I’ve been wondering if I should attempt to set a trap some day. Perhaps you’d like to join me?”

Table by James<3
[/html]
[html]

ooc;; I am so sorry! Shall we finish soon? <3

His interest was piqued, so say the very least. In all honesty Saul was interested in anything that he did not understand or have any prior knowledge to. So when Conor mentioned the traps it was safe to say that he would be interested in whatever the cinnamon and gold male had to say about them. It didnt really matter that he didnt understand what they were about to start with because he knew that his leader would tell him all he needed to know. While Saul had never been one for blind trust in another person- look where that got him with his father- he knew enough about their leader to know that he was a good man. As he began to talk about the traps, Saul was captivated.

Overactive imagination could see many different possibilities as Conor spoke. The metal spikes of the first trap he described made the young boy wince. He couldn't imagine the pain an animal would go through if it got its leg snapped up in those unforgiving jaws. How would you make such a trap anyway? However, he didnt have any time to question the male as he launched into an explanation of other types of traps. For a moment the young timber wolf pondered on the effort all of these would take to make for one rabbit. But then he thought about the hundreds of hours he'd spent in the wild trying to find food. If he'd had a trap there he might not have turned up to Dahlia in the state that he had.

Conor's last question made Saul grin softly. To go and set a trap with Conor would be a nice thing to do, although he didnt really know which one they would use. It appeared there were many they could, but as of yet neither of them really knew how to make them. Maybe they could come together and brainstorm some ideas when they had a free moment. He nodded his head in response to his leaders suggestion.

"I would love to come with you Conor"

He offered by way of speech, conscious that he had remained silent whilst his leader was speaking. He could feel the rumble in his stomach and smiled softly as he looked up at lavender eyes. He wanted to go home soon, but his leader had not taken the rabbit he'd offered him yet.

word count;; 401

"speech"

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
Yes Smile sswm 296

He was pleased to see the young male’s interest remain as the topic had shifted and evolved to something slightly different. It could be an interesting learning experience for them both, and could strengthen the bond between the two males as well. A gentle nod was given to the youth before him, and then his sunset gaze fell down on the cooling rabbit between them. It was not a particularly healthy animal, but there was a decent amount of meat on it. He remained impressed by Saul’s performance today, and the least he could do, he thought, was to offer the youth a nice meal. He had not been oblivious of Saul’s silent offer, but the prize belonged to the hunter that had brought down the prey. He did not want to refuse the kind gift, but they could feast on lovely rabbit meat together and celebrate the small yet very successful hunt.

”Very well then, I will fetch a few books later and see if I can find a guide for us to use,” the golden leader replied, rising from his seated position, flexing weary limbs slightly as they seemed to have stiffened somewhat. ”How about we go home and make a lovely meal out of your rabbit?” The leader beamed at the promising youth before him, giving the young one a small bow of respect. ”I’ll carry it for you, hunter.” The alpha bowed down and took the dead meat in his jaws before turning around and starting the short walk home to the house that he shared with the Stormbringers. He looked forward to see Bris’ triumphant face. It was with a touch of sadness he took these achievements though, for the children had grown up much too quickly.

Table by James<3
[/html]
[html]

ooc;; yaaar!

Saul could feel himself getting tired as their conversation appeared to be coming to a close. Though he had been in Dahlia for a while now the months alone had taken it out on his body and though he was being well fed there were still a few moments where, in the light you could still see the curve of his rib bones. it was hard to believe that Saul was going to grow into something much bigger, considering the fact that right now he still looked rather scrawny. He fought back a yawn- even though it had just past midday he didnt want to show this tired sign to his leader. A smile curved his lips for a moment as the cinnamon and gold male began to speak once more. A nod was given in his direction.

"I hope to learn to read one day..."

He murmered with a soft and slopey smile. Conor glanced down at the rabbit on the floor that had gently begun to cool after the life had been taken from him. Saul wanted Conor to have it, but at the same time he could feel his empty stomach protesting at the stupidity of this offer. Though it was always custom for the higher ranked animals to eat first, Saul knew that the rabbit was small. He should have kept it for himself. He didnt want to seem greedy or selfish however and hoped Conor would take it as a sign of Saul's respect. However, the young alpha had other ideas and told Saul that they would both go home together and cook it. That was a fair enough compromise as any and Saul gave a grin in his leaders direction.

"That seems fair."

He said, tail hitting back and forth. As he leant down to carry the rabbit Conor's words broke through and he paused. His leader had actually called him Hunter, despite him only being a pup. The wide grin etched across his face in a wide arc as he allowed his leader to pick up the rabbit carcass. Standing close to the young alpha, Saul followed the male home, where they would have a nice meal together with the first rabbit he had ever properly caught.

-saul && conor exit-

word count;; 374

"speech"

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]