Character Birthdate: April 3, 2009
Character Gender: Male
Character Species: Mexican Wolf
Regular Wolf or Luperci: Luperci
Desired Profession Path, if any: Not sure what suits him best... Maybe Scouting
Secondary form of contact (AIM, MSN, Y!M): none at present
Currently played characters: None yet
How did you hear about 'Souls?: The listing at http://alphawolf.gotop100.com/

The small dark grey and tawny wolf paced along the border, careful not to step over the scent line as he ran back and forth parallel to it. When he had first scented the pack living here he had started to scout out the perimeter, and after about a half-hour he now had a general sense of what the area inside was like. It seemed like a good place to live, he thought. Now if he could only convince the pack to let him join...

He stopped at a likely spot and howled to alert the pack that he was there. They had probably picked up his scent by now, but he preferred to use his voice for messages. It took longer to get messages across this way, but he had always found sound to be a more satisfying way to communicate. He dropped his head again and stood watching the horizon expectantly, waiting for a wolf to appear, but after only a few minutes he started to shift back and forth on his paws. He felt the need to start pacing again, but he restrained himself and stood still. He wanted to make a good impression on whoever came to greet him, not seem like an impatient pup.

Nevertheless, his heart started to race excitedly as he waited. It had been many months since he had left his old pack in the hot southwest, and in that time he had seen almost every sort of landscape and wolf that he thought could possibly be in the world. He had never thought of joining a pack, though... He had still thought that maybe one day he could go back home to the mountainous brushland and the family he was familiar with, but the farther he got from home the more he realized that going back was not an option. He and his brothers had been forced out, after all. They wouldn't exactly be welcomed back. Now he was alone and tired of traveling, and he found himself desperately hoping that this pack could find a place for him.
[html]
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a329/ ... _horse.gif); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
Edit: Hey, welcome to 'Souls :]]

It had been nearly a week since the female had left the house that she shared with Moonfyre. The male was being very protective of her after her near-death experience, almost smothering her with attention and reassurance. He watched over carefully. She had once been a very spirited and independent wolf, but had reverted back to the wolf that she had been during her wolf; depressed, anxious, and angry.

These were, perhaps, not good emotions for a warrior of the tribe to be feeling. The dark female had slipped out of the house as soon as Moon had left, faking sleep until he had gone off to do something else, and was padding out toward the border. She wanted to get out of AniWaya for a little while and spend some time by herself in the city. It'd be a long trip, but she had a lot that she wanted to think about along the way.

She walked on two feet, the shadow of her willow form stretching out before her as she went. She'd heard a howl while leaving the house, but hadn't paid it much mind. Someone else would get it. But as she passed through the border, a scent began to get stronger and stronger. She realized that she was coming closer to the joiner as she walked and tried to change her course to avoid them, but failed. Once he came into sight she gave a groan. She would have to talk to him, now.

The green eyed luperci approached him slowly, keeping her distance. He could be dangerous. She had a sword on her belt, yes, but she didn't want to have to use it. Other than her belt, she wasn't wearing much else; she had a cloak at home, but had forgotten it in her rush to get out the door and away. Ember cleared her throat. "Who are you and what do you want with the AniWaya tribe?"

[/html]
OOC: Thanks! By the way, what are good dimensions for a table? I'd like to make one eventually.

Nian bowed down as he saw the luperci approaching, lowering his ears and tail so that he would appear unthreatening. The sight of a luperci approaching him made him feel more hopeful about the encounter, as he was used to a more humanized environment from his own home, but the sword on her belt made him cautious. He wanted to play it safe.

The female's choice of words was interesting: she had said tribe, not pack. This made him feel more confident that he could find a place to fit in here. Tribe was a more human word. He wondered in what other ways this tribe resembled humanized society... While his old pack was more humanized in their preference of walking on two legs and their use of tools and houses, their society was very much that of a feral pack.

He lowered his eyes towards the ground and spoke respectfully as he answered her. "My name is Nian Redtree. I have been traveling for a long time by myself, and now I seek to join the AniWaya tribe."
[html]
http://i14.photobucket.com/albums/a329/ ... _horse.gif); background-position: top center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">
This one is 300 pixels wide, but I usually go for something 325-400. Unless you like them this narrow :]

"Good to meetcha, I suppose..I was just on my way out. I'm Ember." She had felt pretty weak in the last few days that she had spent inside the house, probably from the blood-loss and stress, but today she felt a little more invigorated. It was nice to get outside and smell the fresh air, even if it was beginning to get colder. She had a very thick and bristly coat that protected her from the elements and made it unnecessary for her to wear her cloak at times. It wasn't too big of a deal that she had forgotten it.

The stranger was very respectful, and Ember noted this. It was a good quality to have; she wasn't the Kalona here, just a medium-ranked wolf, but she would be the one to call the leader and ask for him to accept this wolf. She coughed and cleared her throat again before replying, the cold air having a slight effect on her vocals. "Where did'ya travel from? And if you wanna join...well, I'd need to know what your skills are. We have certain duties here in the tribe, each of us...and I'm sure you'd get some too once you got all nice and settled in. What're ya good at?"

[/html]
Thanks. I'm not sure how aware the characters in this setting are of human geography... Hope I handled the question all right.

"Well, I don't want to keep you waiting too long, then..." He raised his head slightly to look at her, feeling more confident now that she had spoken and he had heard no aggression in her voice. "I am from a pack from Arizona, so I've seen a lot of different places as I traveled here. You could use a wolf who is good at surviving and navigating long distances."

He grinned as he started to relate his other skills: "I'm also very fast and sneaky. I always caught my brothers by surprise when we played at stalking each other. I also have a very good memory, and I am good at telling stories. People always told me that they liked to listen to me because I act things out so well. They tell me I am very entertaining!"

By this point he was smiling and standing straighter, speaking with greater energy. He was obviously very proud of his memory and dramatic ability, and at the thought of telling stories to this new pack his mind started flashing over all the possibilities. This "tribe" must have so many stories! He couldn't wait to learn them all. After a moment he lowered his head again, feeling slightly embarrassed by his own enthusiasm. He gave her a sheepish look and said, "But, I mean, storytelling is a little silly, I guess... But I do have a good memory, and you could always use an extra wolf on hunts."
[html]
Sure, I would assume that they would have seen the word somewhere or have been told what the place was called. Works for me!

She had been thinking about starting over and trying a different profession path, but the ways of the warrior were too ingrained within her. Ember had been slacking this week due to her injury and recovery, but on a normal day she would train very intensely each morning and evening. There was something satisfying about being there to greet the sun each morning as it came up over the horizon. She was a wolf that enjoyed a good routine.

Ember nodded at the appropriate times as he spoke, explaining his abilities. She knew what it was like to fend for herself, having moved from pack to pack many times in her youth. It was a good skill to have. When he gave his final words, though, she laughed outright. When it came down to it, wolves that could hunt were always needed. Even if she hadn't liked his first set of skills, which she had, he'd given her a fall-back reason to promote himself.
"Well, that's enough for me. I like your way with words, Nian. I'll call Dawali." Still chuckling, she lifted her head, a low howl sounding across the Aniwayan territory.

[/html]
He flicked his ears up as he listened to her howl. Tilting his head, he asked, "Dawali? Is he your pack leader? Er... tribe leader?" He flicked his tail nervously as he started imagining what this Dawali might be like. With any luck, he'd be friendly like Ember. At least, he hoped that their leader was like Ember. He'd had bad experiences before...

He watched Ember now. When she had laughed he had felt a lot of the tension leave the conversation, and now he was curious about her. He did not usually encounter luperci with swords. "What do you do in the tribe, if I may ask? Are you a fighter of some kind? Do you usually do a lot of fighting here?" He smiled cautiously and said, "Sorry, I ask a lot of questions."
[html]
Nian is pretty cool Big Grin I like him!

He had more questions for it, it seemed. It had been a while since Ember had been the one to find a wolf at the border, and she was re-familiarizing herself with the process. They weren't bad questions or anything, simply curious ones, and she nodded even as he asked. "Yes. He's the chief, or..as we call him, 'Kalona'. This tribe has many customs that may seem unfamiliar to you at first...but it's a real good place to live and when you've got no one else it's always there for ya." That was the way that she saw it. When she and Tayui had joined, she hadn't had anything other than her own two paws to offer the tribe.

"I am a Danua Ihesdi, a warrior. I guess it's your own personal decision what path you want to take, but I kind of felt like...it was always somethin' I ought to do. I got into lots of fights when I was younger...and always got beat. So I decided no one was gonna beat me any more." Since then, she had trained and become much stronger. She felt secure with her sword at her side and with the knowledge inside her skull. She knew how to use the weapon well.

Ember shook her head dismissively when he apologized. "No need ta apologize..It's nice ta talk sometimes. New wolves and all. Sometimes I get into a rut and keep to myself more than I need to, anyway. We haven't had many reasons to fight here lately...we had a strange wolf at our borders that had done some bad things...But Dawali took care of 'im. Sometimes the coyotes up north cause some trouble, too, I've heard, but never with us."

[/html]
[html]

Hello there! Since you had already played out calling for Dawali I figured it'd be easier to just hop in, but remember that you can accept joiners yourself, James Smile

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

They seemed to be mid-conversation when he approached them, one arm raised in the air as a greeting. Until he was close enough to actually speak to them comfortably, he studied the newcomer curiously. He was of a build that he had not seen before, and his colors were also strange to him. For the short moments it took him to traverse the distance between himself and the two, he wondered where on the great earth this creature was from. Surely, it had to be somewhere Dawali himself had never traveled. However curious, as soon as he was closer to them, he directed his attention to his friend and greeted her politely as he always did, with a gesture somewhere between a deep nod and a very small bow. "Ember." Smiling, his hands moved in slow patterns as he spoke, movements sometimes unsettling the numerous feathers that adorned his braided mane. "You called for me," he said to her, before moving his gaze onto the newcomer. "—and I suppose you're why?" It could have been a threat, or spoken unpleasantly, but Dawali was his usual cheerful self, always speaking with a smile. At least around other wolves.

<style type="text/css">
.fogbo-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#302b3d; letter-spacing:1px; }
.fogbo-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.fogbo-a01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.fogbo-a01 {margin:0 auto; width:356px; background-color:#c1d9c2; background-image:url(http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/6918/souls37.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 210px 0px; font-family: cambria, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#463e40; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
Nian smiled and bowed his head to Dawali. "My name's Nian Redtree. I'm no threat, just looking to join the tribe..." He straightened again and looked at the AniWaya chieftain. Even if Nian was in optime form, this wolf would still be much taller than him. It was a little intimidating, but the chief's tone and expression seemed amiable to him.

"Ember's just been telling me about the tribe. You're the Kalona, right? It's an honor to meet you." Briefly, he wondered if he should shift to a bipedal form, as the other two were both in optime form. However, he decided it would be more polite to stay as he was, and besides, he was still a little tired from traveling. Shifting would take up too much energy. He decided to stay as he was and continued to introduce himself: "I have plenty of skills you could use, sir, and I'd be a great asset when looking for prey or scouting out the borders. I have a good memory. I could be a messenger or something. I'd really like to join--it's been a while since I had any sort of group to belong to."
[html]
Sorries, I'm kind of in the middle of deciding whether Ember should start over in a different rank tier ^^; At the start of Nian's thread I had THOUGHT i'd decided that she would go back down to Itse and was going to edit her, but now today I've changed my mind XDD;; Ahh. I dunno. I may still have her go down..she's a warrior, but she's going nuts. And she keeps purposely injuring herself with her weapons..so they may be taken away from her. /end ooc stuff

She looked over when Dawali arrived, her demeanor changing slightly. He was the leader and demanded respect with that position, whether he wanted the member to show their loyalty outright or not. She bowed her head, taking a few steps back to sweep her arm out and present the newcomer to the Kalona.

Nian was quick to answer his questions, something that she was glad for. She had enjoyed conversing with the new wolf and felt that he would make a great new addition to the tribe. He seemed very willing. "I've spoken to him, too...real nice fella." She said.

[/html]
[html]

Aha XD Difficult decision is difficult! Maybe we could give it a mini-plot or something? Smile

Welcome! Big Grin If you haven't fully decided on a profession path, you can stay as the general rank (Itse) for as long as you want. Just PM me when you've figured out which profession you want Nian to take! Smile
▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

The newcomer threw in an answer to his question, and although Dawali had in reality asked Ember, he was not offended. To him, it could only mean eagerness, and eagerness could only be a good thing. "I am, yes. But you can just call me Dawali, really." He would likely never be one to feel comfortable around titles. The old had Kalona fared better in that sense. The smile he directed to the newcomer was genuine, though; there was formal politeness, and there was genuine politeness, and Dawali sensed in him the latter. Ember echoed his thoughts when they formed a pleasant picture of the newcomer, and with trained eyes the Master Medic could see that he was perfectly capable of filling any duty within the pack. Speaking now to Ember, he still smiled at them both. "Well; I'll trust your judgment any day, Ember. I'm certain you've covered everything there is to cover." Glancing to Nian, the Chief took a few steps backwards and glanced back in the direction he had come. "If you're both heading back to the Village, you're free to join me."

<style type="text/css">
.fogbo-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#302b3d; letter-spacing:1px; }
.fogbo-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.fogbo-a01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.fogbo-a01 {margin:0 auto; width:356px; background-color:#c1d9c2; background-image:url(http://img375.imageshack.us/img375/6918/souls37.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 210px 0px; font-family: cambria, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#463e40; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Congratulations! You've been accepted into the craziest bunch of roleplayers on the vast Internet! Please remember to make your first In Character post within five days.

Not sure where or how to start roleplaying? You can check the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for a list of open threads, as well as tons of people looking to plot out adventures with your new character! You can also start your own thread and see what kinds of interesting characters turn up for you. If you haven't already, please update your profile with detailed information on your character -- it'll help others get a feel for him/her, which in turn will help generate thread ideas.

You can also start doing other cool things like:

• Earning Word of the Day points, which can get you custom titles and even icons!
  • Fulling requirements for the Catacombs, our IC and OOC achievement system.
  • Participate in general chats and discussions in OOC Garbage.

You can find general roleplay help and guidelines, as well as a wealth of information on our werewolves and the 'Soulsverse on the RP Guide. Don't feel pressured to read it all at once though! The guide is a huge resource and is meant to be used as a reference for various aspects of the game. If you're feeling lost or confused, don't hesitate to post a question in Roleplay Aides, or to seek out a Mentor.

Sorry for the late reply. College has been keeping me busy. Smile

Nian grinned happily and nodded his head. "Of course. Thank you, sir--I mean, Dawali."

Waiting a little while so that he wouldn't seem overeager, Nian fell into step behind the chief. As he followed him into Muggles territory, Nian couldn't help but feel excitement bubbling up within him. He was part of a pack again! He felt that he might sing, but then, wisely, decided against it. Still, he looked around at the passing landscape with great interest. It was one thing to see the land and smell it from afar, but it was another thing entirely to feel the ground beneath his feet and see everything up close. As he went he kept track of landmarks and filed them away in his mind. He would need to remember everything he saw and scented so that he could easily find his away around in the future.