He can fly without wings.
[html]

Sucky, but I got it up!! o: WC:295

Test test test.

Range was looking a mess. His soft, cream coloured fur was matted with odd smelling mud. The mixture had formed with precipitation from days ago had mixed with rich soil. When to two items came together, a mixture was made that only a pup could love. The fellow was usually against getting his fur dirty, and usually avoided it pretty well. But on some days he was willing to do just about any thing for a little entertainment. His first choice had been to bombard his father, Gideon, with questions. But after searching around for a few minutes, he decided he had disappeared off the face of the Earth.

It was not long after that he had found the mud. With amazing un-gracefulness, he flung himself into the ooze and began rolling. When he had finished playing in the pool of pure bliss, he crawled out. His heavily coated fur weighing him down. He chased his muck coloured tail, flinging bits of the wet dirt every where. It didn't take for the muck to harden, and when it did, Range became worried. He did not know where to go to wash it off and no matter how many times he rolled in the grass, only tiny pieces detached from his coat. He dove back into the mud to wet the drying clay, trying to prolong the time it would take for it to dry completely.

Almost all of the adults in Dahlia De Mai had a high tolerance for his child-like behaviors and impulses. But for this particular situation, he felt the need to ask for his father's help. "Daddyyyy!" The pup howled and cried frantically. The panic so heavy in his voice that someone could almost guess he was being attacked by a bear.

<style type="text/css">
.rangefield .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:center; font-size:13px; padding:4px; color:#000000}
.rangefield .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:13px; padding:8px; color:#431e0f}
.rangefield b {font-weight:bold; text-shadow: #000000 1px 2px 1px; color:#b6e45d; letter-spacing:1px; }
.rangefield {margin:0 auto; width:364px; background-color:#8da7d2; background-image:url(http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/3025/rangebot.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 0px 0px 210px 0px; font-family: sylfaen, sans-serif; font-size:13px; color:#916e5e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

He had taken Conor's advice to heart when it came to moving dens. Gideon would wait to move out to the eastern part of the territory until the pups were a little bit bigger. He didn't want them any closer to the border than they needed to be...didn't want them leaving the packlands and trying to explore other places any time soon. Gideon often worried about what the pups were up to when they were out of the den...what sorts of trouble they could be getting into.

It was pretty chilly outside, but the ground felt squishy beneath his feet. It must have rained the night before, or something. Since learning to shift Gideon had kept to his two-legged form, unsure of how exactly to shift back down out of it. He had tried not to scare the pups too much when they had woken up from their nap that day! He looked completely different now.

A familiar cry took his attention immediately from the squishiness of the ground in front of him, a frown immediately crossing his face. What was wrong?! He started to run, slipping a little bit in the mud as he went, his legs pumping. When he reached the area that the cry had come from he almost didn't spot Range at all. The muddy puppy blended almost completely in with the mud-hole that he had been playing in.

Was Range stuck? He walked closer, his own hind feet creating large holes where they had pushed into the mud and then come back up. "What's wrong? Did someone hurt you? Throw you in the mud?" He asked, crouching down. Wow...Range really was completely covered in mud.

<style>
.gideon-thuper .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.gideon-thuper p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.gideon-thuper b {color:#EFEFEF; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.gideon-thuper {background-color:#A1A1A1; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010oct/gideon.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:225px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #EFEFEF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#151515; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; border-radius:5px; -moz-border-radius:5px; -webkit-border-radius:5px; }
.gideon-thuper-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:5px; -moz-border-radius:5px; -webkit-border-radius:5x; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Trying to get muse back upp..WC:153

Test test test.

Range could hardly hold still when he finally caught sight of his father. His clay covered tail swayed, a few more specks of the mud that had not yet dried being flung from it. "W-whut? No!" He was almost as confused by the suggestion as he was his father's figure. His waddled closer, his excited wagger throwing his already clumsy paws off balance. "It gunna dry!" He rubbed himself against Gideon, whining and yipping repeatedly.

"You has to get it off!" He was becoming more and more frantic, pacing now as he waited for his father's solution. "Oh, oh! We need wata. Dadda, wheres it?" He shook out his fur, hating the discomfort of the drying mud weighing him down. As soon as he got rid of the filth, he planned to question his father before he could lose him again. "Will it take THAT long for us to get the leggys, too?"

<style type="text/css">
.rangefield .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:center; font-size:13px; padding:4px; color:#000000}
.rangefield .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:13px; padding:8px; color:#431e0f}
.rangefield b {font-weight:bold; text-shadow: #000000 1px 2px 1px; color:#b6e45d; letter-spacing:1px; }
.rangefield {margin:0 auto; width:364px; background-color:#8da7d2; background-image:url(http://img180.imageshack.us/img180/3025/rangebot.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 0px 0px 210px 0px; font-family: sylfaen, sans-serif; font-size:13px; color:#916e5e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Awwwhhh <33

He wasn't sure what to do with Range at first, but the pup quickly came up with an idea. Surprised with the idea that the boy had come up with, he nodded quickly. "That's a good idea. And I'm glad you didn't get thrown around by anyone...I like to think you're safe here in Dahlia. Sometimes other pups can be mean. But I dunno if there are any other pups in the pack right now besides your sister."

He made to scoop the little one up. There was a well nearby...if the water wasn't frozen, then he would dip the bucket down into it and bring some up. It'd be cold, but then they could go inside and warm back up. "Why'd you decide to play in the mud anyway, Range?" He asked.

<style>
.gideon-thuper {background-color:#A1A1A1; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/Hogwarts/gifts/2010oct/gideon.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:225px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #EFEFEF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#151515; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; border-radius:5px; -moz-border-radius:5px; -webkit-border-radius:5px; }
.gideon-thuper-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:5px; -moz-border-radius:5px; -webkit-border-radius:5x; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Big Grin WC:160

Test test test.

"I take Melee on all 'time! All the grown-ups are real nice too." He went limp in Gideon's werewolf-like arms after his ramble. Little events wore the pup out with ease. With his growing age and body, Range's stamina was getting better and better... Gradually. He beamed up at the wolf, smiling broadly as he answered, "Well, I was lookin' for you. But yous were hiding. So I saw 'dis puddle and I rolled in it. Was really fun at first.. Then it wouldn't come off. So I rolled in the grass, but it still didn't leave.. So I dove back into the puddle so it would wet it and 'd.en I called you!" It didn't occur to him that he was smearing mud all over his father's fur, so he felt no guilt when he snuggled against him. He closed his eyes, his body now like dead weight as he waited for them to arrive at their destination.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Gideon could remember what it was like to grow up in Dahlia; it hadn't been that long ago for him. He didn't know if Range understood how close they were in age. Gideon was closer to being a sibling than a father to Range and Melee, with only a few months separating the two of them. He had wanted to care for them, though, and with Bris and Conor's supervision he thought that he had done a fair job of it.

He came to the well and set the damp and muddy pup down on the ground. He'd have to scrub at Range's fur with one hand and pour with the other one. "I'm glad that everyone here is nice. When I was little there were a few mean ones...but a few real good ones, too. Like Nayru." Every time he spoke her name his eyes lit up a little. A smile came to his muzzle this time as he cranked the bucket down and then back up again, filling it with water.

"I'm not sure how warm this is...it's probably pretty cold. But then we can get you inside as soon as we're done, OK?" He asked, pulling the bucket up and putting it on the ground next to the pup. "It's the only way I can think of to get this mud off of you. You don't want to go in the house with a muddy coat, do you?" He picked up the bucket, beginning to pour.

<style>
.gideon-thuper {background-color:#A1A1A1; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/Hogwarts/gifts/2010oct/gideon.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:225px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #EFEFEF; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#151515; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; border-radius:5px; -moz-border-radius:5px; -webkit-border-radius:5px; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC goes here! WC:166

Test test test.

"Yous talk about Nayru a lot." Range said with a wolfly smile. Being so young, he had new obsessions just about every day. Some of them normal.. And others..- Er. Unique. He listened to the old bucket being pulled back up, now full of water. "'Course not! You'd be angry!" His seemingly lifeless body reacted quickly to the cold water, his furry legs pushing to get away from the icy feeling. He whined and yelped like he was being faced with bloody murder, obviously exaggerating the stinging feeling.

It was cold though, and he found the flailing necessary. Goosebumps began to arise in the airspace between his fur to retain heat. His teeth chattered, reacting to the shaking and shivering of his body. It was a quiet clicking sound, but it was loud enough for any average, and very close wolf to pick up. As the water rolled of the pup it splashed onto any thing nearby, some of Range's clay coating going with it.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Sorry for taking so long <33 Getting Anathema set up is taking all my time for now! <33

He didn't realize that he spoke about Nayru so often. He didn't really mean to. Gideon cleared his throat at the fact that the pup had noticed it, shaking his head. "Of course I do..she's my friend." He said. His feelings for Nayru were complex and he was unsure how to go about deciphering them, really. He was pretty sure that he liked being around her and that he wanted to be around her as often as he could, but that was normal.

"Yep, son, that's right. We don't go into the house with muddy paws." The father said, nodding his head firmly. Gideon was splashed with water as he washed the puppy off, frowning as Range yelped and squealed. Once he was finally finished he made to scoop the boy up, beginning to head inside. They had a blanket on the couch...he grabbed for it, attempting to wrap the pup up a bit. "What have you been up to besides playing in the mud, son?" He asked.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC goes here! WC:166

Test test test.

"Oh.. Yous my friend too, daddy." Range stated matter-of-factly. Obviously, since he talked about his father often, they must be friends too. He did not enjoy the 'wash you paws' rule so much, but was willing to put up with it to please Gideon. He cuddled against his father as he was picked up again, glad to be away from that cruel well.

"I talked to Nayru. She takes me out, and we got a bunny! She scare me when we hunt though, she get real serious" Range practically whispered the last words, looking around to make sure Nayru wasn't here. He wouldn't want to hurt her feelings, he just wanted to inform his father. The pup looked very young wrapped up in the blanket, his eyes looking quite bright as he beamed up at him"She says I can has leggys like yours. She says I can keep them, too! But she says I have to wait. I don't like to wait.. He said with a scowl. "It takes you long to get yours too, but now yous are tall! Daddy.. Why? Nayru has her's sooner then yours.."

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

He did feel bad for having to have splashed water all over Range. Gideon wished that there was another way for them to have done it; he had a few bottles of water inside the house but nothing that would have been able to take off the amount of mud that had accumulated in his son's brown pelt. This had been the only way.

The male sometimes wondered if things would be different with electricity, the current that the humans had used in their homes. He had read about such things in books from the city, and often speculated on what life would be like for the luperci if they could harness the same strength.

But he didn't want the luperci to make the same mistakes that the humans had, and kill themselves off. Thoughts flowed through the male's head until his son's chipper voice distracted him, and he looked back down at him. "Nayru's a good hunter, I think. She taught you, then? I'll have to tell her thank you. Polite wolves say their "please" and "thank you's"

Leggies like his? He understood what the tyke was saying after a moment of thought. "With age, son, you'll get legs like mine. Once you're older and your body develops more, you'll be able to shift." This was an important topic to discuss with Range. The pup was looking up at him from the fold of blanket and he reached down to try and rough up the fur on his head a little. "Do you like it when Nayru watches you?"

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

OOC goes here! WC:147

Test test test.

Range nodded quickly as his father addressed Nayru's hunting skills. "She is.. Why does yous have to say thank you? She offers to help." If assistance was there, he saw no reason to really give thanks for it. But if it was one of Gideon's rules he would surely obey sooner or later, even if he didn't agree with it.

The pup made a point to nuzzle back against the paw that ruffled his damp fur, pondering what the dark male had just said. "How olds you, then?" He asked, tilting his head. "Nayru can be real nice, some times. Then she get scary when shes serious.." His ears flattened, as he went back to thinking about the trip.. He had been afraid of her then, almost to the point of running away. He knew Nayru had seen it to because she had been more gentle afterward.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

The pups listened, for the most part. Gideon had experienced some pretty bratty youth when he had been a bit younger, King Chance, and he was glad to see that his children weren't turning out like that. He tried to answer all of their questions as often as he could and tried to instill values upon them. It would be their choice whether to listen to him, but it seemed like they did...more often than not. "You want wolves to know that you appreciate them and what they do" He tried to explain.

His feelings for Nayru often confused him. She was the most interesting wolf he knew, and he felt privileged that she considered him a friend and that she wanted to spend time with him. He often felt insecure, unsure if she actually did like being around him, but he guessed that she probably wouldn't spend so much time with him if she didn't at least think of him as a friend. What did he think of her as?

He had a necklace that he was planning on giving to her, but wasn't sure what she would think. He reached over to the table, where it sat in a small black box, and put it down on his lap as well. He ran his fingers over the velvet material of the box, appreciating its softness. "I would imagine so, Rangey. You're supposed to take hunting pretty seriously. When you get older, you'll have to hunt for yourself. I can see where it'd be a little scary, though"

"I'm eight months old, son. I'll be nine months pretty soon, an adult in the pack." He played with the box some more, then opened it for the pup to see. Inside was a ruby necklace. He'd found it on the beach with Saul and had cleaned it up and made it look shiny and new and then had put it inside of this nice box. "Do you think Nayru will like it?"

<style type="text/css">
.jamesfreetablezz b {font-weight:bold; color:#9a9fac; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #fefdfa; }
.jamesfreetablezz-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5e6062; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #fefdfa; text-align:right;}
.jamesfreetablezz p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.jamesfreetablezz {margin:0 auto; width:382px; background-color:#f2f5fb; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... etable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 160px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5e6062; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #fefdfa; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.jamesfreetablezz-border1 {width:384px; border:1px solid #ffffff; margin:0 auto;}
.jamesfreetablezz-line1 {width:360px; border-bottom:1px solid #dbdae0; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
Table by Alli!

[/html]
[html]

See what women do to a young pups mind?! WC:226

"'Course I appreciate her! She know." He paused, trying to think of the words to use. "It's in unspoken language." He said. He barely noticed when his father pulled the dark box, his eyes dancing around the room that surrounded him. "How come I don't look like Nayru?" He asked, wondering why he hadn't asked this sooner. "She is my mum... Isn't she?" With there being more male then female pups in Dahlia, it was easy for him to pick up that girls and boys were different from each other. Whenever he had encountered a nest with a family of birdies living in it, there was always a male and a female. So he assumed boys needed what was different from them to create some thing new. Plus, all the other pups other then his sibling talked about their mum. So Nayru must be his.

"So...Yous not a adult?" He became increasingly confused, his eyes searching for his fathers. For answers. Instead, he found the necklace. He studied the it, wondering if it was edible. It didn't smell like food, he couldn't even hear the beating of a heart. To many inanimate objects took up space in the world for his liking, but hopefully as he aged this way of thinking would come to an end. "I think so.. What would she use it for?"

<style type="text/css">
.rangeboat b {font-weight:bold; color:#CDAD00; letter-spacing:1px; }
.rangeboat .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.rangeboat p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.rangeboat {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#ECDFBF; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/y1lad.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 245px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#615E3F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Oh God XDDDDD

He hadn't thought that the day would turn out like this at all. He put the necklace down carefully, using that hand to scratch behind his ears. How the heck could he explain this to Range? He hadn't thought that he would have to do it so soon, and didn't have anything planned to say. All that he could do was to tell the pup the truth. Gideon had grown up without any mother or father, just with his Aunt Bris there to care for him (which he was indeed grateful for) and he had turned out OK.

"No, son. She's...in your family. We're all in your family. Me, Nayru, your great aunt Bris and Conor...and Melee. We're connected by our love for each other. We care about each other." He wasn't sure how else to put it. "I'm not an adult yet. But pretty soon. And then next you'll become one too...and stand beside me in our duties to our pack" He said. "If she likes it, then she'll wear it around her neck, like this" He placed it over his own neck. "For decoration." He explained. "It's the same color as her eyes" Maybe someday Nayru would be a mother to his pups. Someday.

<style type="text/css">
.jamesfreetablezz b {font-weight:bold; color:#9a9fac; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #fefdfa; }
.jamesfreetablezz-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5e6062; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #fefdfa; text-align:right;}
.jamesfreetablezz {margin:0 auto; width:382px; background-color:#f2f5fb; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... etable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 160px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5e6062; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #fefdfa; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.jamesfreetablezz-border1 {width:384px; border:1px solid #ffffff; margin:0 auto;}
.jamesfreetablezz-line1 {width:360px; border-bottom:1px solid #dbdae0; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
Table by Alli!

[/html]
[html]

Sorry, kinds seems like I didn't tie up the post very well on this one. >< WC:199

"Yous can't give it to her." Range said, keeping his eyes on the box. His large heart was torn, where was mommy? "Wheres she? Wheres my mum?" To the untrained eye, this would just look like a fussy baby throwing a hissy fit. But Range was really quite upset.

The pup squirmed until the blanket unraveled, the stood up on the old couch, directing his staring towards his father. Did Melee know? "You can't like Nayru. Yous like my mummy! Why isn't she here?" No one had lied directly to him, but no one made him aware of the situation, either. "We're a broken family.." His yipping and squeaking was done; realizing all of his father's answers were indirect.

<style type="text/css">
.rangeboat .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.rangeboat {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#ECDFBF; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/y1lad.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 245px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#615E3F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Poor baby! And no, it was perfectly fine :]

"What? What else would I do with it, then..." He trailed off, confused. Why was Range acting this way? Gideon couldn't understand what was in the pup's head, exactly, and why he was acting so oddly all of a sudden. It was news to him that Nayru wasn't his mother, but he didn't think that such news would affect the whelp so deeply. He swallowed hard and stared down at the youth, unsure of what to say next.

Before he could get anything else out Range was talking again, demanding to know where his mother was and calling them a broken family. "We're not a broken family. Look, I've provided for you and have been teaching you the right things..you don't need a mother. I can be both" He said. He was hurt; they weren't a broken family. "It's not a normal family...but we're a family anyway, Range. I grew up without a mother or a father and I'm doing fine"

He had known that this day would come. He wished that Melee were there so that he could talk to her as well, but that would likely come at a different day. "Your mother left you when you were born...just as mine died after I was born. We both don't have mothers. But you don't need a mother...you have me and you have your pack." That was what he was trying to explain. He didn't need that horrible wolf that had abandoned him. Gideon had grown up with Conor and Bris as parent-figures and he was doing just fine.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Alli!

[/html]
[html]

D'aww. WC:126

"She not leave! Yous scared her away.." The pup's ability to not be able to grasp the reality in what his father was saying was almost astonishing. His head followed a shaking motion, moving from left to right as his eyes sat locked on the couch.

"D-daddy..?" But even with the pup in this stage of denial, some thing in his father's words reached through to his soft heart. Gideon would not have lied to him about this; it was both a very humorless matter. The pup jumped off the couch sloppily, all the while keeping his head low with his dusty coloured tail between his legs. As the boy got closer to his father he aimed to nuzzle his leg, licking at his ankle submissively.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

wc: 553

He wished that he could say that he had scared Range's real mother away and that she would come back for them. But that just wasn't true. He had wondered if she might return to the fire and see what her pups had become, whether they had perished in the flames or not, but even if she had...there was no way that she could have tracked him back to Dahlia de Mai, not with the mixture of scents there in the neutral lands. He hadn't dragged the bag along the ground, so she wouldn't have been able to catch that scent...and his own had already been very prevalent around that area, so she would have had a million different trails to follow. If she'd really been that worried, though, she wouldn't have tossed them into the fire to begin with. She hadn't cared about them at all, not enough to raise them and keep them safe from dangers, so what reason would she have to come looking for them now, even? Gideon didn't understand a wolf who would just throw away their offspring like garbage, and even if she had come...he wouldn't have given them up. He was grateful that she hadn't returned for them and hadn't gone from pack to pack looking for them.

"I don't know who your true father or mother are, Range. I wish I did. I never saw him, but I saw her..and she left you and your sister and took off in the opposite direction. It was obvious that you two hadn't had anything to eat, and you'd been born with another pup as well...it didn't make it. A dark pup that looked like me." If he was going to tell Range some of it, then he would tell him all of it. "You were in a rucksack that had your names written on it; I didn't name you, you two already had your names when I found you." He wasn't sure what else he could talk about. "She had tried to throw you into a fire that she'd made. She was a dark wolf like me and like the pup that had died. I saw the bag miss the fire, but she must not have...she was too busy taking off. Just the top of the bag caught on fire...but I got that put out before the entire thing went. I took you back to Dahlia with me and gave you your first meal, buried your sibling, and asked Bris and Conor if you could stay." And that was the story of how Range and Melee had come to live in Dahlia.

Gideon reached down so that he might pick the little boy up, unsure of what the pup's reaction to this news would be. He looked sad already, and Gideon didn't want to make him even sadder. "You're here with me now, strong and healthy and alive...you and your sister. And that's what matters. You have this family who loves the heck out of you and an entire pack to look out for you. We love you a lot, Range." The boy was more of a son than Gideon could have ever asked for, such an inquisitive and curious child...rarely naughty, always wanting to know more about the world around him. He really was great.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Alli!

[/html]
[html]

Yayy! This can be the wrap up post, if you want. (: WC:260

"We love you a lot, Range."

Even if his mother did not love him, obviously he was doing at least some things right. Range made no attempt to resist that hands that reached out for him. Instead, he scrambled eagerly towards them. He was both relieved that his dad was not angry, and guilty that he had almost made him that way. The pup curled up on his adopted father's lap, enjoying the well-known heat he had became so accustomed to.

He was not as torn up about his dead sibling as he probably should have been. "Hard to miss someone you never knew." But some part of him wondered if maybe the pup was a boy. Then it wouldn't have just been him and Melee. He certainly did not have a problem with girls. But some of them were, well.. Girly. Not that Range was a rough n' tough and tough pup himself. Nor was he as shy as he had once been.. It was a happy medium for him. Females were good, but he was still interested in boys. Having not grown up with many other male pups made him especially curious. But for today, the brown pup was done thinking. Within a few minutes his short quick breaths that had indicated how upset he was slowed. A few seconds after that, his lungs were inflating and deflating at a lazy, but steady pace. The quite wheezing turned to adorable snores, in addition to the eyelids that would not be soon to lift. Range Soul had fallen asleep..

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]