take a journey
[html]

ooc;; 10.11.10

Late morning sun was something that seemed a dying breed. Recently, rain and harsh winds raced through the lands of Dahlia and rendered most of the inhabitants house bound. Nobody really wanted to go out in the rain and the cold any more than they needed to. However, Saul's routine was so ingrained that even the rain and the wind couldnt not stop him. Just like every other morning sicne he arrived at Dahlia, he rose before the sun and made his way to Oberon's Spring and the bath he took every day. He had kept it short today, bathing in the water for a total of five mintures before clambering ashore and shaking the wetness from his fur. His run had taken him out to the lands on the outskirts of Dahlia, although he knew not the name of these places. His fur had taken a while to dry, no thanks to the spittles of rain that threatened to tumble every few minutes. It was not a nice day, not by any stretch of the imagination. It was not, however, raining, which was a massive bonus for the young Stormbringer.

He had met Saluce a few days earlier and the blacksmith had showed him a few basic moves on how to defend and fight. Saul was pure pacifist when it came to most situations, but recently the young male had plaguing thoughts about life on his own and where his protection would come from. Sure, Conor and Saluce and Lolita and Bris protected the pack in general, but what would happen, if say, someone snuck past them and beelined for the victorian house where most of the packs puppies resided? He wanted to know how to defend his home when no-one was around, and he wanted to know how to defend himself when he moved away from the manor that had become home to him. So Saluce had seemed the right person to look to. Days before he had hunted Bris down to find out what was wrong with her and had weedled out of her that she was pregnant with Conor's babies. He'd been excited for his aunt, but something troubled her deeply. The day before he'd been hunting when Conor had found him and Saul had managed to catch a rabbit. His days were becoming more successful.

He would soon be eight months old and the young male was setting about learning things. Anything and everything that he could get his hands on and understand. Bris had taught him the basics of jewlery making and he knew that one day this would come in handy. Although he needed lots of work, Saul had learnt a little of fighting. Conor had pointed him in the right direction of hunting. But he wanted more. He wanted to know lots and lots, so when he chose which path he wanted to take he would know with certainty. His nose had bought him to the borders. He was searching for the tea that he and Tsukiko had shared such a long time ago. He wanted to go and see her soon, see if she was doing okay. Although they had only met once he felt a certain pull towards her that he couldnt explain. She seemed so innocent and vulnerable to him that he couldnt ignore her. Still, as he approached the borders he paused and sat. He was lost for what to do now. He didnt want to go away from Dahlia, but there was no tea out here. So he sat instead, eyes intent on the border. Maybe something would happen out here, he didnt know.

word count;; 607

"speech"

<style type="text/css">
.saulsnow2 .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:10px; color:#000000}
.saulsnow2 .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:10px; color:#0f2753}
.saulsnow2 b {font-weight:bold; text-shadow: #000000 1px 2px 1px; color:#81d0ad; letter-spacing:1px; }
.saulsnow2 {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#3192ab; background-image:url(http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/170/saultop.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px dashed #051023; padding: 300px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, verdana; font-size:11px; color:#916e5e; line-height:13px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

+2 OOC: wtf I coulda swore I whispered seductively, I had the reply all written out, and I don’t know what’s gotten into me sorry it took so long ; ;

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬

Liliana’s visit to the new pack had been quite successful, and she figured since she was so close that she would visit her esteemed colleague Naryu, or try to, the last time she got side tracked from Lolita and her puppies. The way was slow going mostly because she was in a forest full of trees and roots and she didn’t want to break Grace’s leg, not to mention the poor unicorn was in full tack, something Lili didn’t normally have on her, but it was a necessity from the visit to Cercatori. Soon the forests turned into grassy fields, where the endless clouds could be seen for miles, another typical spring day in Nova Scotia. She sighed and set Grace t a faster pace, though she knew little of the land she doubted the unicorn would trip on a root that wasn’t there. She’d go no faster.

She neared the borders of her friends home, and slowed to a walk, wondering if she should howl now or take a break. As she thought she saw someone, sitting in the grass, she’d missed him before, but now she could tell there was definitely someone just on the inside of Dahlia borders. Her ears perked in interest, though she was here for someone else she wanted to meet this new wolf she’d never seen before.

Hello there,

She called in a greeting, she moved Grace closer to the other wolf but didn’t get too close for personal space and the invisible borders of the packlands. She was getting use to knowing where she was and if she was trespassing, she’d been very careful about that since she joined Muggles, where she’d trespassed for the first time ever. She knew that she was now a part of a pack and what she did effected it as well as it did her, and she didn’t want to be the cause for a war of any kind in words or physical. She knew that Muggles was a peaceful pack and she wanted it to stay that way, the thought of having to do even more extra work than she had to was tedious to her.

<style type="text/css">
.race-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#402a19; letter-spacing:1px; }
.race-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.race-a01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.race-a01 {margin:0 auto; width:356px; background-color:#86cde9; background-image:url(http://img810.imageshack.us/img810/2706/souls34.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 10px 0px 210px 0px; font-family: cambria, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#4b2f6a; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

ooc;; Its fine Shawy dear!!

Thin body had begun to put on weight and his early morning runs had worked wonders in toning the new fat into something more productive than just fat. Muscles now laced his chest and shoulders, creating a mantle for his head to rest on. The coming of summer had proved to thicken his coat, making him look bigger already was. All in all it seemed that the scrawny young male who had arrived in Dahlia a month before was gone. He was bigger than he had ever been in his life and his newly acquired hunting skills were proving to turn his body into something that resembled health instead of a weakness that hindered most of his life. He was more confident in his life now, and since he knew that he was doing something productive to improve his future he was driven to become something better than he was now. His thoughts were revolving around these thoughts, the thickening of his coat and the bulkiness of his muscles, and he didnt hear the approaching hoofbeats.

When they finally broke through his consciousness Saul jerked upright with a soft 'woof'. It was uncommon for an adolescent for his age to woof at all any more, but the young male couldnt help the protective reflex from escaping his jaws. Green eyes were wide as he gazed at the Luperci and the creature she rode. What on earth was that? Confusion and curiosity clouded his eyes for a moment as they neared him before coming to a stop a few metres off. They hadnt crossed the borders yet and for that Saul was grateful. The female seemed to be friendly, but there was no excuse for trespassing uninvited and Saul was nothing if not loyal to his pack. He stood, placing himself between Dahlia and the female just across the borders, just to be sure. She spoke and her voice was friendly to his ears, another reason for the male to allow a tentative smile to grace his lips.

"Good day, miss. My name is Saul, and you are nearing the borders of Slytherin..."

He figured he would throw caution to the wind and make sure that she knew where she was before they got anywhere else in their inevitable conversation. There was nothing but open friendliness from the boy as the took a few steps forward, tail flicking softly behind him. He was interested in the creature this female was riding. He stared openly at the creature, trying to figure out what he was facing. He couldnt wrap his head around it, so instead he asked.

"I dont mean to sound igorant, but what are you riding?"

He asked, an embarrassed smile taking over his face. If he were human, two small dimples would have appeared on his face. But as it was, his handsome features simply became just a little more humble and he waited for his answer with half mast ears and a wagging tail. He might as well make a good impression.

word count;; 504

"speech"

<style type="text/css">
.saulsnow2 .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:10px; color:#000000}
.saulsnow2 .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:10px; color:#0f2753}
.saulsnow2 b {font-weight:bold; text-shadow: #000000 1px 2px 1px; color:#81d0ad; letter-spacing:1px; }
.saulsnow2 {margin:0 auto; width:450px; background-color:#3192ab; background-image:url(http://img214.imageshack.us/img214/170/saultop.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px dashed #051023; padding: 300px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, verdana; font-size:11px; color:#916e5e; line-height:13px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC: Short post fail

She heard the small bark, but said nothing of it, in fact ignored it, as she had no intentions of going into his packlands uninvited. Though he didn’t know that, he seemed quite surprised at what he saw when he saw her and the unicorn, had he not seen someone ride a unicorn before? At his warning she smiled slightly.

My name is Liliana Vess and yes I was in fact going to howl for my friend, I came to visit her.

She said politely, she was thankful she didn’t decide to just surprise Naryu, though that would have been a bad idea anyway, she knew how protective of the place the female was. Upon his question about Grace it seemed he didn’t even know the animal she rode on. She jumped down from Grace, taking the reins and looked at her chestnut mare.

This is a horse. They are well... hooved herbavores pretty much, and quite useful.

She said hoping that helped him understand, though they were useful in very many ways she didn’t want to list them unless she had to. she was happy to see that he wanted friendliness in this meeting, which she’d oblige to fervently.

<style type="text/css">
.lilianna1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#8D9839; letter-spacing:1px;}
.lilianna1ooctext {font-style:italic; color:#977B63; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:9px; text-align: right;}
.lilianna1 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.lilianna1 {margin:0 auto; width:300px; background-color:#E0C5B0; background-image:url(http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... iliana.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #A98666; padding: 205px 0px 5px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#9C7B5D; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
table by lin
[/html]
[html]

ooc;; <3

Despite the friendliness of their meeting, Saul could not help the splinter of apprehension and nervousness at the creature the female had arrived on. It was large- larger than he in his optime form which was unbelievable to the young male. Dark chestnut coat was pretty, shining softly and it reminded Saul of the way his coat shined when he was well fed- whatever the creature was it was obviously well cared for. However, the young male did not wish to create tension between himself and the creature the female had arrived on, so he stood and dipped his head softly in its direction, an easy and calm smile upon his handsome face. Words came to him from the female, giving her name over immediately. Liliana was a nice name and Saul immediately decided he liked this female. And the fact that she had friends within Dahlia was also a plus.

"I'm sorry about that, but Conor told us that there had been a few unfriendly encounters at our borders a while ago and I didnt want another one. Its nice to meet you Liliana..."

He said pleasently, tail flicking gently back and forward. He could tell that she was a nice female, one that he could grow to become friends with if she came to Dahlia often. It was then that the logical and considerate part of him took hold. She had said she was just about to howl for her esteemed colleague- so did that mean this meeting was just holding her up. He would have liked to have a conversation with her and may be learn a little more about her stead, but if she were meeting a esteemed colleague surely she would be too busy for him. His ears dimmed back just slighty but her explanation of the creature- unicorn- made him smile softly. It was truely a beautiful creature and Saul padded forward a few more paces till its scent filled his nose entirely.

"She's beautiful... And you ride her... I mean, she lets you sit on her and tell her where to go?"

The tone of astonishement wasn't intended but there was very little he could do about it. He was curious about how the Luperci had managed to get the unicorn to trust her, let alone ride and control her. He was tempted to shift into his Luperci form but he had left his khaki cut offs at the manor and didnt fancy showing his body off to a near stranger. So he remained Lupus, green eyes captivated in the unicorn's large orbital ones.

word count;; 431

"speech"

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
#shawsep {background-color:#020101; background-image:url(http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... itable.png); background-position: bottom; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px solid #611d20; width:375px; margin:auto;}
#shawsep b {color:#b91c17;}
#shawsep i {color:#c66a67;}
#shawsep p {line-height:14px; font-family:georgia, cambria, serif; color:#d0bfa0; text-align:justify;}
</style>

+2 OOC: Big Grin yaay finally a response!

She could see that the male was still a bit unnerved by the large herbivore. He slid off Grace with ease, before pulling her a little closer. Liliana has seen his bow to the horse, but she knew that was not going to appease a horse in any way but at least he was trying.

She doesn’t bite I promise, you can put your hand up to her nose like this… only if you feel comfortable of course.

She showed the male the way that horses were greeted, not by handshakes or bows, but by smell, a horse would put their nose to anything in greeting. Liliana put her hand up to Grace’s nose, to show the man what she meant. She didn’t touch the mare, that was for the horse to decide on.

I understand clearly, what you mean, as far as my pack goes, there hasn’t been much of anything while I have been there, but I do understand.

She said upon his explanation of being protective. She didn’t want to make any mistakes in actually starting a fight, but it seemed that she smoothed it all over just by saying what she was there for. She giggled slightly at his astonished question. Liliana had grown up with training and riding horses, it was all second nature to her, so to meet someone who had not had any experience… or even seen a horse at all was astonishing to her in any case.

Yes, well I had to train her to let me sit on her, and steer her where I want to go, mind you she’s possibly still one of the more wild horses I own, but she is a sweetheart.

She said, then a sudden idea came up, but that would be after if he took to the horse and seemed more interested to delve further into the subject. She wanted him to be comfortable with such an idea as to the fact that he could ride one himself, but as this was his first meeting to any horse in general Liliana knew she shouldn’t overwhelm the poor male.

[/html]
[html]

ooc;; <3

Her reassuring words calmed the young male and he smiled up at her. He still didnt know what to think of the horse in front of him, but he was no afraid. He had never been afraid, he'd simply been wary of the tall creature. Green eyes watched as she placed the palm of her hand on the creature nose and it snuffed softly against her. No biting, no snapping, no showing of teeth. He couldnt place his hand any where near the horse in his lupus form and the young male closed his eyes for a moment. The telltale shivers raced down his spine and in a few short moments he was on two legs. He held his hands to the side for a moment, showing both Liliana and her horse that he had no weapons, no reason to harm either of them. He walked up to the horse, green eyes on her large round ones all the while. When he was a few feet away from her, he held his hand close to her nose, giving her the power to sniff or not.

"Thank you, Liliana! Conor told us that not all visitor's are as friendly as you!"

He said with a grin. Saul had not been there when the loner had raced over their borders in the forest and Saluce had intercepted him. But Conor, Bris and Gideon had all come to Saluce's aid and Saul had been told by all three of his family what it had been like. He was sourly glad that he had come across a friendly visitor- Saul was certainly no warrior. He had only just begun to learn how to use the dagger that, at this very moment, lay wrapped in a cloth in a chest at the end of his bed. It was no use to him, if this visitor had been hostile. He was lucky that Liliana was a friend. She spoke again, answering his astonished question. He thought about it for a moment before glancing back up at the black and tan female.

"Did it take long? Where did you find her?"

He asked with a soft smile. His hand was still suspened in the air a few inches from the mares face and he wondered what the horse was thinking. He, of course, would never know. But he could wonder none the less.

word count;; 396

"speech"

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

she watched as Saul reached out to Grace stopping around where Liliana had when she demonstrated. Grace nosed him, blowing hot air from her nostrils and moved her head back acceptingly. Liliana smiled as the Horse turned sideways to see the young man, it was a good sign.

She likes you.

She said grinning at the wolf, the horse wasn’t the one who trusted horses right off the bat, but she knew that if Liliana was friends and being friendly with the wolf than they had to be good in some way or another. She nodded at his comment knowing what he was saying, Dawali didn’t take to trespassers or trouble makers either.

It took a few months for me to get her trained enough to ride her out, but she’s always been an easy horse, as for where I found her, I actually found her not too far from here actually, I caught her with a neighbor of yours… well kind of, he’s from Cour des miracles.

She said rubbing her hand on the horse’s face. she was proud of her mare and glad that Grace had chose her.

<style type="text/css">
.liliquills b {font-weight:bold; color:#A79D86; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.liliquills-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right; }
.liliquills p {text-indent:15px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.liliquills {margin:0 auto; width:407px; background-color:#0F0A04; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... lslili.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #EBECE4; padding: 120px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#676052; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

ooc;; <3

With his hand suspended towards the horse, Saul wondered if he looked silly or not. However, it was a relief when the chestnut mare pushed her nose forward and huffed hot air onto his hand. He laughed softly, fingers curling around the soft velvet of her muzzle. She seemed to have whiskers like Tsukiko's cat although hers were much longer and more bristly, he imagined. His index finger stroked her muzzle softly as Liliana confimred that she liked him. A smile was given and although the young male would have loved to stroke her nose for longer, he decided to give her space and remove his hand. Now hanging at his side, Saul looked back up to Liliana and spoke in answer to her comment.

"I like her too. Maybe one day I will find a horse of my own. I just have to learn to ride it first!"

He joked, but in his mind an idea had formed. If Liliana could do it, and no doubt a few others where she lived, why couldnt he. He had no idea how to ride, or control, a horse, but it couldnt be too hard. Cinnamon backed ears perked up as she answered his questions and a smile flashed over his face. If she had found her horse around these parts then perhaps when he decided to look he wouldnt have to go too far. He had never heard of Cour des Miracles but he nodded anyway, tail flickering softly behind his elongated body.

"I'll know where to look then, if I decide I want a stead! Where do you come from then?"

He asked a little absentmindedly. He knew of Inferni because of his packs general distaste of the coyotes and he knew of Cercatori D'Arte because of Skye. But he was a little ignorant of other packs in Souls. He was interested to hear where this female came from, afterall.

word count;; 320

"speech"

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
#shawsep {background-color:#020101; background-image:url(http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... itable.png); background-position: bottom; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px solid #611d20; width:375px; margin:auto;}
#shawsep p {line-height:14px; font-family:georgia, cambria, serif; color:#d0bfa0; text-align:justify;}
</style>

+3 OOC: : <3

She watched as the man gave Grace a loving stroke on the nose and knew the instant he did that, that he was in love with the horse, of course Liliana wouldn’t give up her own, especially since Grace had chose her and she’d kept the mare half wild for a reason. Then he said something about getting one, but learning to ride, that made her heart leap in excitement.

You mentioned that to the right wolf. I actually am quite a good teacher, and I’ve some extra horses too, maybe we could make a trade of sorts?

She wasn’t sure if the boy would be able to make a trade, but she was sure he’d think of something. At his mention of getting his own horse she was sure he’d succeed in capturing one, but training and breaking was a different story. It wasn’t as easy as the books had said, or even the offset she’d given when she mentioned training her own horse.

Well if you want one that’s wild you might want someone with the knowledge of horses to come with you. They are wild animals and wolves still hunt them.

She said, in a warning voice, it really was dangerous to go into a heard and nab a horse for your own when you’re a predator, and the main one at that. She was sure that Saul would understand.

I’m from AniWaya, it’s pretty far south from here, our tribe is encircled around a fence. So it’s not hard to find at all, that’s the place I call home.

She said proudly, it was the place she’d always call home and knew from the day her own spirit guide had shown himself to her. not to mention her friends, and now she was feeling she’d have her own family in the future… not the near, but it was not far either.

[/html]
[html]

ooc;; sorry for the wait dear! faaail post!

Cinnamon ears flashed forward at Liliana's words. She appeared to have read his mind and a grin split across his lips. His tail flickered behind him and he glanced over towards the black and tan female. She would really want to trade one of her horses. Confusion hit the young male as he tried to figure out what was good enough for the young man to trade her for a horse. He had nothing aside from the family dagger and that was something he would never give up. What on earth could he have traded her. Disappointment creased his forehead and he glanced up at Liliana.

"It would be wonderful to trade with you, but im afraid I dont know what I have that would be good enough to have a horse from you... I dont have anything."

It was such a shame to turn her down. Well, he didnt want to turn her down, he really didnt. But he didnt see any other way around it. Ears flickered forward from their slicked back position and he smiled softly. He didnt know anyone who was good with horses other than this female and he doubted she would want to come catching a wild horse with him. Still, he smiled good naturedly and chuckle softly in her direction.

"I'll keep that in mind if I ever fancy breaking my neck!"

He laughed, tail wagging behind him. Green eyes glanced back up to the horse once more and he wondered what she would say if anyone could understand her. He wondered what she was thinking as well. Saul's attention was pulled back to Liliana once more as she spoke and he tried to picture her home. He couldnt do it. Dahlia was such a large place that he couldnt imagine a fence being around it and he wondered if AniWaya was anywhere near as big as his home. He doubted it, but didnt want to say anything about it.

"It sounds like a nice place.

word count;; 333

"speech"

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
</style>

OOC: I see our posts being much shorter from here on out so if you don’t apologize I won’t Big Grin

Well who could expect such a young man as himself to have much of anything at the moment? She knew that most of the trades she did weren’t what she would call fair, or most other wolves but she felt bad that he didn’t have much but she smiled at him.

How about this, a few free lessons? It’s not too tough to get on a horse and ride, Grace even has proper tack on, so we can start now too if you aren’t too busy, she should be good for you, she does like you after all.

She offered, hoping the boy would take the offer, she didn’t want to mention that it only took a very short while to really get the gist of riding a horse, though there was more to it if he really wanted to make it a profession of his own, but most wolves knew only the basics. And she was sure that’s probably what the young man would only be interested in as when she saw someone who was made for making it their profession, she could see it in their eyes. She hoped he’d accept her offer, and knew of a way to turn it to so that it would mean that he wouldn’t have to feel guilty for a free lesson… since they were from different packs after all.

[/html]
[html]

ooc;; haha, okay!

He didnt fancy worrying about things that he couldnt do anything about, like not having anything to trade for a horse. There were always ways around this, but he couldt think about them now. She was speaking again and what she said made a grin slip over his muzzle. She would teach him to ride, right now? Stepping back Saul took in the horse and her rider, wondering if she actually meant what she was saying. His tail set off at a fast pace and he stepped forward once more. He reached out to stroke the horses nose once more, stroking her muzzle feeling her whiskers. Did he really trust that he could ride her.

"You'd really teach me ro ride? Yes please!! I mean, I would be lovely to learn to ride!"

Of course, he didnt know what to do or how to act. But that was normal, right? He was used to not know what to do or how to act. He smiled softly, waiting for the black and tan female to give him instructions that would help him learn to ride.

word count;; ---

"speech"

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
</style>

She felt happy that he accepted, she moved the horse so that her side was exposed to the boy’s sight.

It’s not that hard honestly, horses can’t see in the front of them, or in the back, only from the sides so always let them know you are here, mostly by sound. Now to get on a horse, we mostly get up from the left side, I normally take a tuft of their hair like this.

She said as she grabbed onto the end of Grace’s mane.

It doesn’t hurt her so don’t worry about that. Put your foot in the stirrup like this and pull yourself up.

She then demonstrated by putting her foot into the stirrup, where she used it to pull herself up, and lifted her other leg to go over the saddle and sat, looking down at Saul. It was easy enough the tough part was the practice of trying to actually get into the saddle, when she was younger her mother had her practice on a pony, it had been tough but she’d gotten it. She then jumped off Grace and moved her closer to Saul.

Ok now you try!

[/html]
[html]

ooc;; <33

Green eyes grew just slightly apprehensive as the black and tan female turned the horse around so that he faced the left hand side of the creature. Butterflies hit his stomach and he hadnt actually considered how high the horse was until it was actually time for him to pull himself up onto the horse. Cinnamon back ears perked foward as Lilian told him a bit about how horses couldnt see directly in front of them and Saul smiled softly at the horse. Hand came up to cup her cheek softly before Liliana demostrated how to grasp the mares mane and pull oneself upward onto her back. Saul didnt exactly know if he was comfortable pulling on her mane but he figured once he got up there he wouldnt mind too much. Liliana told him that it was hit turn and he took a deep breath.

"I hope you don't mind Miss Horsey, but I'm going to get on you now..."

He murmered, almost too low for Liliana to hear. He wasnt sure if the black and tan female had heard him, but he was ready now. Lifting his leg up and slipping his foot into the stirrup was a tricky manouver but he managed. He almost lost his balance and to compensate he grasped her mane like he was instructed to do. He tried to used his bent leg as leverage but almost as soon as he tried to get up he lost his balance. Saul fell backward and hit the floor with an 'oof'. Embarrassed he got up and brushed himself off a few times before he tried again. This one was much more successful and he managed to pull himself up. Vertigo hit him and he gasped as his stomach flipped.

"Its so high..."

He breathed, glancing down at Liliana with a nervous look. Now that he was up here, he had no idea what to do. Hands dug into the horses's mane and he gripped tightly, although not too tight as to make it uncomfortable for the horse. Green eyes looked to the black and tan female for guidance once more.

word count;; 355

"speech"

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
</style>

+3 OOC: ^^

Liliana held onto Grace’s reigns as he sat up on the horse, his first attempt failed but he was able to the second time, she pretended to ignore his first one since he was able to get it the next time around. Unfortunately for her he was holding on tightly, which made the horse want to go, but Liliana was talking smoothly to the hrse, calming her.

Let your legs relax or you’ll find your rump on the ground.

She said, as Grace pawed at the ground. Liliana had taught the horse to move through the use of legs along her sides and she knew the horse was sensitive there so whatever pressure the wolf was putting on made her want to go fast, but this was why Liliana had her reign’s and held them tight.

Now there’s two things to direct the horse, your legs, the looser you hold them the slower she goes, and the reigns, her mouth is sensitive, so it’s not hard for you to get her to go along, or stop, but try to make sure that you don’t’ pull on the reigns too hard,

She said, she wasn’t about to give up the reigns quite yet, she wanted them both to get the feel of each other. She looked at the young wolf, contemplating if he was ready to move.

Now I will pull her, so you get the feel of the horse, she is a bit bumpy but if you move with her, it won’t be so bad, so when you’re ready just let me know, keep a hold f her mane, she’s not going to mind that bit.

She said, now that the horse was calmed down a bit, to just stand still and wait for instructions, Liliana scratched underneath the mare’s mouth, one of the horse’s favorite spots for a good scratch.

[/html]
[html]

ooc;; <33

Nervousness had made the boy tense up and he knew that his legs were perhaps a little too tight on the mares sides. Beneath him he could feel the mare shifitng both of their weights between her legs. She seemed eager to go. But he didnt exactly fancy going without knowing how to stop. Liliana's soothing words worked wonders in calming the young man down. He was pleased that she still had ahold of the reigns, otherwise he didnt know what he would do. Taking a deep breath Saul forced his legs to release their tension and his legs fell almost flat from their previously scrunched position. The horse seemed to notice that he was calming. He tried to relax his hands as well, but they were being more difficult.

Liliana told him about the horses most sensative spots and Saul nodded down at her. He didnt exactly know how to respond to what she was telling other than to nod in acknowledgement. The mare was calming now, which suited the young male just fine. Liliana spoke about pulling the horse forward and a new wave of vertigo hit him. With the horse actually moving Saul felt totally off balance. He tried very hard not to grip tighter, knowing that to do so would excite the horse. All he really wanted to do was grip to stop from falling but he remember what Liliana had said.

"How do you stay balanced without gripping and exciting the horse?"

He asked, trying to stay on whilst keeping his legs relaxed. He didnt like this sensation all that much but he tried to remain upright as well as calm and relaxed. It was a difficult combination.

word count;; ---

"speech"

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
</style>

OOC:

She pulled the horse so she would gon in a slow pace, and moved her along the grasslands, she let the horse do her thing, though she was there for the support of the two.

To do that you move along with the horse, you feel the pattern she has as she walks? That won’t change unless she goes quite a bit faster, though if she goes a little faster you’ll still need to keep up with that walk. So just sway with her, but not so much that you’ll fall.

She said, it was hard to explain something someone who was so new to the thoughts of riding a horse… maybe she should have taken things slower, but he was doing well so far, he wasn’t falling off… yet. It seemed that Grace knew that he was a new rider as she wasn’t immediately trying to buck him off for his mixed signals, it helped that Liliana was there with her.

That way you won’t get that feeling you’re about to fall, so just work with her motions for a little bit.

She said, keeping the horse close to the wolf’s borders but in no way crossing over it as she was only teaching him what he wanted to know… it was a fulfilling thought to be able to teach again. She’d taught a few about how she trained and rode before. She had the horse turn around once they were a bit far from where they two wolves had met, still going in that same slow pace.

[/html]
[html]

ooc;; <33

Trying to stay balanced on top of the horse was one difficulty he was trying to overcome. But apparently he hadn't sat quite right on the horse and his unlucky gender difficulty was beginning to hurt between his legs. Apparently he had sat down wrong and caught himself between his own leg and the saddle. If he could just stand up and sort himself out he would be fine. But shoving his hands down his trousers to sort himself out in front of this lady would be far too embarrassing. Whilst the horse was relatively stable Saul shifted in his seat, managing to move his awkward appendage out of the way before more pain was suffered. Crisis averted Saul could listen to the advice Liliana gave to him about swaying with the horse. He couldnt sway his whole body. otherwise he would have fallen off.
"I'll try that"

He grinned. Allowing his bum and hips to move in the rhythmatic motion that they horse was making, Saul found it easier to relax. He didnt find it easy now, not by a long way. But he had to worry a little less about squeezing his legs too tight and the horse taking off. Saul began to relax his grip on her mane too, still holding on to her but with less terror than before. Now that he was no longer in danger of falling off Saul allowed a small chuckle to escape him. He wobbled a bit then and he grasped her mane to regain his balance. Despite his natural instinct to cling with his legs he forced them to remain relaxed while he regained his balance.

"I take it it gets easier to stay on?"

He asked with a wry smile. He was enjoying himself, but he didnt know if he quite had the confidence to ride the horse without her owner holding onto the reigns. He'd like to try, but a few more turns with Liliana for guidance would go a long way with the males confidence he was sure.

word count;; 341

"speech"

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
</style>

+3 OOC: unless you want him to continue riding, Big Grin thought it would be a good spot to let him down :3

She moved slowly as he was trying to get the rhythm of the horse, and start doing as she told, and soon he seemed to relax, that was good, Liliana smiled, he had it, he just needed a bit more confidence. She looked back to make sure he was doing alright just as he lerched a little, a slight bump she told herself, but she didn’t have to tell him.

Yes with practice it’s much easier to stay on.

She said, starting to walk a little faster. Grace’s ears were moving back and forth as the two spoke, seeming to listen to the conversation, but she was just trying to be aware of the whole situation… Liliana was proud of her horse for letting her teach the young man as the moved at a steady walk, the cracking of the horses joints could be heard less as the leather on the saddle creaked and moaned under Sauls’ weight. She wouldn’t bring the horse much faster than this, not today but she wanted Saul to know the joy that it felt to have a horse carry you, and you still have that endurance to keep going on since youd didn’t have to walk… she made another turn, making sure to keep around the vicinity of where the two met, though it did seem that Grace was starting to get antsy, she wanted to run, and Lili knew it, so she slowed down as she found where they’d met and stopped the horse.

See? A little more riding like that and you’ll be a professional!

She said, with a happy smile up at the young wolf. She held out a hand so that he could take it, it was not so hard getting down but she thought she’d offer the help in any case.

Any questions?

She asked, and her smile grew, knowing that’s what her mother always asked her, she knew that’s where she got it from, though she found it funny that she would always use these two words and think of her mother.

[/html]