Mapping the world.
[html]

+3 OOC: Yay shaw finally got something done! Oh and if you don't think you can post to this let me know i'll make something different ^^

Shawchert was on his way nowhere in particular, though he knew where his general direction was taking him, though he would never trespass in another pack lands, he was mentally mapping around the invisible barrier of the lands themselves so in the future he would know where not to tread, though he could sniff it easily when he came near the borders… he was better safe than sorry, especially for his own position in his pack. He was looked up to for guidance, and he was new to these lands. He needed to get to know the place much more than he knew, to help himself as well as the members he took care of.

And what would Shawchert be without his trusty flute? As he moved, he played his trusty wooden flute. The sound that came from it was sweet, slow and cautious, just as he was being. He wasn’t distracted at all by the music, in fact the sound made him more aware of what was going on as his eyes were open, his sense of hearing was being use, though that hindered a little, the soft tone of the flute didn’t distract his ears from the noises the birds made, or the sound of the wind through the leafless trees, but if someone was following him, he wouldn’t know it. That mattered little to him though. He could still see, and the area he was in was open ground. He could still see, and still smell, so he was using what sense he could. Though he still didn’t look behind him like he should as he still couldn’t see what was going on. That mattered little right now, as he was still mentally mapping the borders. He moved with a carefree step, happy that today was being nice enough not to snow… yet.

<style type="text/css">
.shaw_flute .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:center; font-size:11px; padding:4px; color:#000000}
.shaw_flute .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:8px; color:#ad8f42}
.shaw_flute b {font-weight:bold; color:#a66bb9; letter-spacing:1px; }
.shaw_flute {margin:0 auto; width:386px; background-color:#fdf589; background-image:url(http://img837.imageshack.us/img837/3093/shawbot.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 0px 0px 240px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#916e5e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

ooc: wc 519 +5. Sorreh, it's rather random. But it's a start. xD

Time Goes Faster

To tell the truth, Tala had not been in Optime form for nearly a year, as a wanderer, being in her Lupus form had left her feeling both more comfortable and less offensive to those she spoke to in packs she crossed. Why she had chosen to change to it now had her with only one cunclusion. Now that she was in a pack she needed to feel comfortable in both ends of the spectrum. Though her Lupus form had her feeling more relaxed and comfortable, if she did not get that same feeling in her Optime form here, she would never be ruly comfortable here, and that just wouldn't do.

The multicoloured female had a set of mosses and grasses tucked in her arm, she was using materials to seal cracks and breaks in the walls of the Eagle Tower she was calling her home until further notice. It kept out the majority of the wind and future snows would not seep inside. The door had been knocked down, but leaning it up at night was enough. Clogging cracks in the old stone walls would help with the drafts she felt as she cooped herself up for the evenings and nights. That was how she had managed to get herself out here in her Optime form, collecting brush in the midday's cold light. The amber orbs of the female searched the ground for suitable materials as she paced along the Phoenix Valley territory. Though she was alone, she was quite quiet. The female was still small even in Optime, standing at only 5"8. The tail-less female didn't seem like much of a threat to many. The rustle of wind and chirping of winter birds was all the noise Tala heard, that is, until an un familiar tune fell upon her attention. Music, how long had it been since she heard it? It was almost irresistable to investigate, how could she deny the curiosity to search for the source?

The farther she looked to see where the sound was coming from the closer she got the the edge of the territory, though she sound got louder and the tune more clear, who was creating the music was unknown. Tala let her free hand press against the bark of a tree as she peered around, she could smell another wolf, though the scent was both unfamiliar and not of Phoenix Valley. The fae let her head turn slightly to the side in a confused expression as she continued on. Who was this?

As the scent became more clear Tala turned a pace to see an unfamiliar face, eyes closed as he layed his flute. The sound was beautiful, almost foreign to her a sshe listened. Tala watched in curiosity, almost afraid to interupt. It took her a moment before she cleared her throat and spoke. "That's beautiful." Tala could not say much else, since by the smell of it they were both standing on the border by now, Tala a safe distance within from the foreign body. Her tone was soft, though the light rasp it carried dampened it just briefly.

<style>
.freetable-b02 p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.freetable-b02 b {color:#FED545;}
.freetable-b02-b {width:412px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;}
.freetable-b02-charname {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#4E364A; text-shadow:#FFFFFF 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:20px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.freetable-b02-separator {text-align:center; margin:2px 0px; background-image:url(http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l114/ ... etest2.jpg); height:205px; border-width:1px; border-size:1px; border-style: solid none; border-color:#F1AA58;}
.freetable-b02-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.freetable-b02 {background-color:#FDF2E7; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #F1AA58; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:412px; text-align:justify; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC: erf sorry it took so long <3

Shawchert’s ears flipped back automatically at the sound of the one who spoke. He had not known she was there, but neither did she startle him, his playing did stop though, he turned his head, in turn pulling the flute from his mouth a smile, as though he’d found a jewel in some dung spread across his face.

Why thank you my lady! My name is Shawchert, and I hope my playing didn’t distract your pretty self from anything. I tend to get carried away.

He always had flattery for the ladies, he was giving of such a thing, but he was an honorable man and wouldn’t go much futher, he took a deep bow to her, as though he were receiving an ovation.

And what brings such a jewel like you to the ends of your packlands?

He asked, knowing she was part of the valley’s wolves, he’d met Jefferson, once and the smell was thick on him, though it wasn’t so much on her, but he could tell that she still lived here. New or not he cared little, they were her lands and he just hoped that she wasn’t thinking he was actually trespassing. In fact he had no intentions of entering the one eyed man’s pack, especially after their talk, he’d request permission first but there was no need for it, he was only making the map in his head.

<style type="text/css">
.shawshack .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:8px; color:#402a11}
.shawshack .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:8px; color:#402a11}
.shawshack b {font-weight:bold; color:#e3cf9d; letter-spacing:1px; }
.shawshack {margin:0 auto; width:350px; background-color:#ac7136; background-image:url(http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/1238/table2top.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 223px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#916e5e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

ooc: wc 468 +3. Don't worry about it. :3 Also this reply is made of fail. Dx

Time Goes Faster

The whimsical playing had stopped not to long after she spoke, she had not meant for him to feel obliged to speak and talk to her, it was just a comment she had felt compelled to speak. She then was oddly perplexed by the way he was speaking to her, calling her pretty and such, it was odd for her. Something about him however gave off the feet that that talk was normal for him. Tala would never assume that someone would actually talk souly to her like that anyway, it had never happened in the past, had no reason to happen now and was very unlikely to happen in the future.

Tala then spoke in her feminine rasp, her tone was not quite casual, not knowing exactly who Shawchert was had her slightly tensed into a small stature. Her body language spoke of natures built down to her roots. "I'm sorry if I distracted you. It was not my intention. It's a pleasure to meet you Shawchert, and my name is Tala. You didn't seem carried away to me at all, what you were playing was lovely. It's the music that caught my attention, I cannot lie about that. It was beautiful. I don't come across all to many who play instruments where I've been." Tala looked from the flute to the male who played it, he towered above her by close to 2', she knew she was small, but he made her feel tiny. Tala let her body fall in a respectful return to Shawchert, not wanting to be rude, even to someone outside the pack.

The multicoloured fae then blinked her amber orbs, glancing down at what she held in her arm before feeling rather foolish, telling him that she was trying to close the drafts in the tower seemed rather... odd, to even her own ears. "I guess you could say that I'm working on fixing a few things around the place I call home here." She let out a slightly unnerved laugh. Tala really had to go find a cabin, she had been here for a short time now, but she had yet to find one she liked. "I'd heard the flute, and I couldn't let myself live it down if I passed up the opportunity to see whoever played it." Tala smiled sheepishly before she stepped just a few paces closer, not daring to invade his space though. She would never do that, it was rude.

Tala had never thought he was trespassing, oddly enough he didn't seem the sort to her. "I'm sorry, I must seem so naive babbling on about this." There she was, apologizing for the smallest things again, she just didn't want to seem rude or arrogant, even to someone who smelled so strongly of another pack. She really had to get over that.

<style>
.freetable-b02-charname {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#4E364A; text-shadow:#FFFFFF 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:20px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.freetable-b02-separator {text-align:center; margin:2px 0px; background-image:url(http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l114/ ... etest2.jpg); height:205px; border-width:1px; border-size:1px; border-style: solid none; border-color:#F1AA58;}
.freetable-b02-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.freetable-b02 {background-color:#FDF2E7; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #F1AA58; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:412px; text-align:justify; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

+3 yaaay I posted!!

Oh you did not distract me one bit, in fact I enjoy talking to others just as much as I like playing my flue…. And thank you, I take that as a proper compliment. Oh and I come across it every day, not just by me but my pack mates, we have a few who can sing, or play instruments, you’d be welcome to visit.

Shawchert said, he did not invite many people but this wolf was so friendly, and he could tell she wouldn’t cause his pack any trouble, he was not trying to take a member away from Phoenix Valley but if she enjoyed music there was no harm in him inviting her to listen to more.

Fixing things up huh? Well I enjoy doing that as well, in fact I do a lot of carving…

He said, putting his hand in his satchel, and pulling out a small carved horse… it was not fixing anything but it was still a deft hand at something that tended to be considered fixing, wood working. The horse itself wasn’t extremely detailed but it was easy enough to tell it was a horse. Shaw was not good at drawing or painting, but carving was one of his specialties.

I’m glad you liked my music, I make up most of what I play, and no… you aren’t babbling you’re fine.

he did not want her to stop talking, and he knew that she would talk less if she felt she was being prudent. He watched her with a smile on his face knowing she would get talkative again. Shaw was never offended by someone who wished to share their own knowledge, be it something that happened to them today, or something they actually learned. He saw no problems at all with that.

<style type="text/css">
.shawshack .ooc {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:8px; color:#402a11}
.shawshack .ic {font-weight:normal; text-align:left; font-size:11px; padding:8px; color:#402a11}
.shawshack {margin:0 auto; width:350px; background-color:#ac7136; background-image:url(http://img826.imageshack.us/img826/1238/table2top.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 223px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#916e5e; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

ooc: That reply was made of blahh 5+

Time Goes Faster

What Shawchert was saying to her had Tala's brain in a flurry of wonder. An entire pack that had such talents as he did, be they different fields, but still such a beautiful skill. She couldn't imagine it, being surrounded by such people. She would feel out of place in her lack of pretty much any artistic ability what so ever. She had never been thought such things, it was far to much work and time for the life she had used to live. Oh how she envied his pack, she would love to be able to say she could at least do something, even if it wasn't all to well. "I would love to come and visit your pack, Shawchert. That sounds absolutely wonderful.Thank you so much for the offer." The dapple grey female let out a wondrous smile on her face, excitement in her eyes. She wasn't quite sure if she was allowed to go that far out of Phoenix Valley land however since she was still quite new. But it was just a visit, and it would only be short. She wasn't really leaving.... not for a long time. Plus, getting to know more of the packs around her was part of what a scout needed to know.

Sure, you could call it fixing things up, but it really wasn't. It was just trying to make things less terrible. As the male mentioned carving and pulled out his small wooden horse Tala peered at it with wonder. It was quite cute, and rather well done, even with the lack of detail. Tala glanced from the horse to Shawchert and smiled softly. "Another beautiful piece of work." She said it in both awe and respect for the man's talents. If he could carve such a cute little horse like that, he must be able to do much more as well. Shawchert was really starting to perk her attention with his talents. "If one body could produce such beautiful product, an entire pack... I can't even fathom..."

When he said that she was not babbling she looked to the ground for a moment, she most definitely felt like she was. She didn't normally talk this much to someone she had just met. It was still a bit weird to her, but for some reason, he just kept getting it out of her. Somehow Shawchert had managed to unlock the padlock on her tongue, and with what, a flute and a wooden horse. As Tala saw the smile on his face, she felt less compelled to remain quiet and keep her body small and low. Tala felt a bit embarrassed to tell the truth, he had so much to show her and she had not a thing to show him in return. Her occasional glance of her amber orbs to the surroundings around them tried to hide that emotion in her eyes, though she smiled. The only 'talent' she could say she had was that she was quick, but that was really not a talent, it was an attribute given to her in genetics.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

+3OOC: Sorry it too soooo awefully long, I got backed up and then I was not feeling great yesterday at all, but I got to our post <<3 you still, Big Grin

Oh you’re quite welcome,

He said grinning, as he saw her excited smile swipe across her face, making other’s happy was what he was made for, he was sure of it, and this particular wolf was happy. He was pleased that she liked his horse, and he nudged it to her, letting her know it was now hers. He could make more if he wanted to. he did have more, at home, he had a craft made up for someone he liked in dahlia too, but he’d yet to get his courage to go see her and give it to her.

Not everyone in my pack are just musicians and wood crafters, we have singers, and dancers, even those that make dolls from leather. We have quite the variety… even writers.

He said, though he was feeling he was beginning to get a little too proud showing off his pack. He tilted his head in curiosity wanting to turn the conversation around. He could see that she’d hidden herself behind a shell, well figuratively, and he thought she’d do better speaking, she had such a lovely voice.

I’m sure you are a mighty hunter yes?

He asked he could tell by her frame she was made for being quick, but not taking something much bigger than herself down. But even so, she had probably made more kills in her young age than he did in his own older. He was a hunter, and prided himself in such a thing but he was not a very good one, so he kept himself quiet about that. He knew it was all because of his size, he was too big and bulky to run too fast. He was sure that he’d find a better way than the traditional running on four paws. He had seen someone hunting on foot in luperci once, but he never saw if the wolf had gotten his prey as he didn’t want to be mistaken for the prey.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

ooc: Gah, fail reply of fail. 3+

Time Goes Faster

To tell the truth, Tala had not thought anything even remotely similar to the thought of the male being overly proud of his pack, showing them off and telling her all about them. Tala just though it was an admiration for what they did there. She knew that if she was surrounded by such talented people, she would be very fascinated by what both the individuals could do, and what the pack as a whole could create. The young female blinked twice as a bewildered smile swept across her face. He was giving her the little horse? The notions and outstretched hand made her reach out extremely slowly before grasping the small object. "This.... this is very kind of you Shawchert. I however can't take this from you. You made it, you deserve keep it." Though she stretched her small hand back out with the wooden craft in grasp, she didn't entirely want to return it, she also felt it was somehow rude to take it. Her mind knew it was also rude to refuse the offer. That was where she was torn. It would also be awfully cute in her new home, sitting by the window. She needed something to liven the place up, and the charismatic little craving would help. The fae's eyes darted like wind between Shawchert's face and her hand, somewhat hoping he would not take the return.

The question he shot in her direction made Tala's head fall to the side slightly. Though her body did not hide it's obvious attributes and downfalls just from size alone, she had never thought of it being the sort of thing to reverse a conversation. Though it seemed like the large man was trying to turn the conversation away from himself and his pack, she couldn't deny him of that if he was starting to feel the presence of any awkward notions. "I wouldn't say I'm a fair hunter, but it has gotten me through years of being alone." The girl was to modest to admit that she was actually good at something. Her smile was weak, almost ashamed to say anything about herself like that. The rasp in her voice was less noticeable as her voice softened, just as it would become opposite if she yelled. When the girl got worked up enough to have to raise her voice, it was almost like it was strained, the sound of feminine depth very potent at that time. "I... I'm sorry, I don't talk about myself very often. It's...hard for me to admit what I'm good at." The look was of embarrassment in her eyes, and her body language swam in it.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

+3

Nah I can make many of those, it’d be my pleasure if you kept it, be it a present from one pack to another.

He said smiling knowing she was trying to be humble, and he knew she wanted it, he could see it as her eyes went from between him and the little figurine. He wouldn’t take it back, if she gave it back he’d find a way that she’ll find it in her place… without him being around, then she’d have to accept it… he laughed at that thought, of course he wouldn’t trespass, he’d just find someone to deliver it for him. As she spoke about her hunting skills he could tell she was being modest, but he just nodded.

No one has to be the best at something to be rather good, being alone and hunting, it’s more than enough to be praised, it’s hard hunting out alone and keeping yourself fed.

He said, he could see she was rather embarrassed and she even admitted it, he gave her a warm smile. And shrugged.

It just means you’re not one to flaunt their talents around, unlike someone here, say wanna walk a little, I’m just trying to get a good idea of the borders, just in case one of my members has to come near here… I don’t want to give them bad directions.

he said, he figured he’d get a talk with the young wolf and get his mind mapping done at the same time, He liked getting two things with one stone… it made him feel much more accomplished.

What is it that you do to occupy your time with? I’m sure it’s not staring at the walls, that doesn’t seem to be the thing you’d do.

He said, he was really hoping he wsn’t diggiin himself a hole here because he knew that some wolves were quite bored and did just that because they didn’t know what to do with their lives.

<style>
.shaw-a03 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.shaw-a03 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.shaw-a03 b {color:#81dd4f; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.shaw-a03 {background-color:#20732d; background-image:url(http://i53.tinypic.com/15zl7qa.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:268px 0px 0px 0px; border:1px solid #81dd4f; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#103816; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px;}
.shaw-a03-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
[html]
5+

Tala looked down at the little horse as Shawchert spoke, it wasn't until he was done that her head was raised and she nodded just once. From one pack to another, she couldn't deny him that, that would be extremely rude both on her part and in the pack name. This guy really knew how to make somebody say yes, apparently. It didn't seem that he was the type to take no all to easily either. The small female smiled briefly as she spoke. "I guess I have to accept then. Thank you, Shawchert." The hand which held the horse retracted back to her side then, resting casually with the small horse in grasp.

As he spoke about her comment she blinked, she hadn't thought that he'd speak about it the way he did, though, his words here kind, and she thanked him for that as well. Shawchert seemed to be a kind soul, she could not deny that. "I know that, I just have never been in the situation to actually be able to feel proud of little things like hunting. Being in a pack is slowly giving me confidence like that... I think eventually I'll be able to say things on that topic.... at least better than I can now anyway." The female gave a still embarrassed smile, those habits would not disappear without work.

He was right, she had never been one to flaunt. She had been taught against such bragging habits by her mother. Though as the suggestion of walking the borders was brought up she nodded her head. In her training she needed to learn the borders and surrounding areas the best she possibly could. She was learning the lands well on her own, but eventually she'd need further knowledge from both within the pack and outside of it. "Sounds lovely." She knew that it was in both of their heads to map out lands, so, why not do it together? The talk would be nice to pass both time and occupy minds as they walked the border.

As the subject of what she did in her spare time was brought up she was almost confused with herself. She had never thought about that. She had been so busy with settling herself in, fixing up her home, meeting pack members and starting her Tennens training to really have much spare time. The girl was quiet as she began to move, her eyes lost in thought. "To tell the truth, between work and just getting myself socialized with my pack, I don't do much at all to keep myself occupied. I haven't had the time to really get myself settled with a 'hobby' or 'talent'." Her ears fell in embarrassment as she watched the rocks beneath her as she walked. She found it quite embarrassing to admit that to another. Shaking the thought from her head Tala brought her head back up and looked back to Shawchert to check and see if he was following as she moved further from her previous spot infront of him.

[/html]
[html]

OOC:

It seemed he got the young spotted woman to think, which was good, he liked that, it meant that she wanted more in her life, but he said nothing about that, Tala started walking and he followed her, the border still between the both of them, and she spoke again, he listened, this time being the quiet one, he didn’t mind though he liked hearing stories and if not that, but understanding how a wolf did things. He smiled, though she was fixing up her home and meeting new wolves she didn’t see she was occupying her time. Though most wouldn’t call things like that hobbies.

Well I don’t see how making new friends and relationships can’t be a hobby, it’s one of mine.

He said, with a sly grin on his face, he thought of what one thought a hobby should be, Shaw knew it was whatever they wanted it to be, many wolf’s hobbies were resting and relaxing, but not all, and he could tell Tala was not one to just lay down… but he’d been wrong before. He saw that whatever the wolf enjoyed doing, and did often, it was a hobby, talking with other members, socializing, stuff like that, Shaw counted as a hobby.

Everyone has something useful they do, some find it quicker than others, it’s possible you’re doing exactly what you need to be right now, the future will come and in that time you will know if you want another hobby of some sort.

He said, smiling at her, hoping that made her feel a bit more confident about herself, he’d met a few like her and he had a conversation such as this, getting them to think and start their path on what they really wanted, it didn’t take seconds, or even days, but he knew his words would stick for a little while, and hopefully have an impact on their lives.

<style type="text/css">
.Shawfreebeez b {font-weight:bold; color:#a39675; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #ffffff; }
.Shawfreebeez-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#cbbe87; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #d9d0b4; text-align:center;}
.Shawfreebeez p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.Shawfreebeez {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#ffffff; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... eebeez.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #cbbe87; padding: 155px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#cbbe87; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #d9d0b4; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.Shawfreebeez-border1 {width:502px; border:1px solid #ffffff; margin:0 auto;}
.Shawfreebeez-line1 {width:470px; border-bottom:1px solid #f0efe9; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
+3

[/html]