Continue on from past footsteps
[html]

Kyaime began to walk through the valley, after having a full nights rest after being accepted into Pheonix valley he wanted to begin to meet his pack, before getting called to do anything. Hopefully the only thing he would be called to do is hunt. His best and probably only feature he knows about.

His paws continued to tread through the grass as his head was kept low trying to find someone that would happen to talk to such a low rank in the pack. He was a loas, but he was happy to just be in the pack. He could finally be with new wolfs. New everything, nothing that was in his past was here, a new start.

Kyaime began to smell other wolfs around him, was he finally in somewhere with other wolfs? Sure seems like it. Maybe it was only one, or two, but he could smell them. Very easily, he couldn't tell where they were, or how long they had been there, but only hoped he could have a conversation with them.

<style>
.kyalights p {padding:5px 10px; text-indent:25px; margin:0px;}
.kyalights b {color:#662f49;}
.kyalights-text {margin:10px 5px 200px 10px; padding:2px; width:300px; height:200px; overflow: auto; background-color:#ffeae4; -moz-opacity: 0.5; opacity: 0.5; filter: alpha(opacity=40); border: 1px solid #000;}
.kyalights {width:480px; height:300px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#e2fffc; background-image:url(http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/4383/kyaimetable.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; font-family: times new roman; font-size:14px; color:#05495c; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000; text-shadow: 1px 1px 3px #8d9fa4;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

ooc: wc 446 +3. Newbie meeting Newbie. Hope you don't mind.

Time Goes Faster

Though Tala had only met a few wolves so far within her time here in Phoenix Valley, she remembered their individual scents along with the general scent of the pack. Each pack seemed to have their own distinct fragrance that settled upon their pelt, though they could not be described in words, you just knew what they were. Tala had come across many in her life, none were identical, even from this coast to the other. The wolfess had felt the seawater's touch on both sides. From New Brunswick to Nova Scotia, none were exactly alike.

Tala could almost tell by the thickness of that odor how long a wolf has been in one place. A loner or wanderer would not have one, instead it was the same sort of jumble of scents on them that set them apart, a new member would have a waft of the pack, and a full blown member would have it all over them, though individual scent of each wolf still came through clear as day. It was a complicated system, but one Tala had become familiar with. In Phoenix Valley Tala had yet to experience another new member, all she had come across were members who had been here quite some time, even their whole lives in many cases. That was why the scent of another newcomer had caught her attention. She had yet to meet this wolf, and she planned on doing just that.

Tala padded along the chilled earth, the grass under her covered in frost Tala dreaded seeing, snow would fall soon, and nights would be difficult without suitable shelter. The scent got stronger as she closed in on the body, her eyes bright as she walked in silence, smell and sight would be needed to even notice the fae was there. The female caught a glimpse of the white male, the stripe on his back and markings on her feet gave him an image she would not likely forget. "Hello, you're new as well, to Phoenix valley, am I correct?" She spoke quietly, and stood at about 15 yards away, not to key ion standing to close to strangers until she was sure of their status towards her and the pack. "My name is Tala." If he was new here just like her, she was sure meeting a friendly face was a relief. She knew it certainly was to her. The body language of the fae was calm and collected, though not as high strung as the previous days, if this male turned out to be of higher status than she was, that same nature would presumably return. Force of habit really.

<style>
.freetable-b02 p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.freetable-b02 b {color:#FED545;}
.freetable-b02-b {width:412px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;}
.freetable-b02-charname {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#4E364A; text-shadow:#FFFFFF 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:20px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.freetable-b02-separator {text-align:center; margin:2px 0px; background-image:url(http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l114/ ... etest2.jpg); height:205px; border-width:1px; border-size:1px; border-style: solid none; border-color:#F1AA58;}
.freetable-b02-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.freetable-b02 {background-color:#FDF2E7; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #F1AA58; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:412px; text-align:justify; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

OOC: Its fine. Do i need to keep a word count like you are?

Tala's smell was the same as everyone else's in this pack. Except for one distinct smell that he couldn't trace. Kyaime wasn't very good with smells of other wolves. The smell of his prey is easy to detect while hunting though. As he stopped hearing Tala talk to him, he looked up to see her.

Kyaime looked at her, she had amber eyes, it wasn't the first wolf he had seen with that eye color, but it was a very good feature to her. He didn't feel as though he needed to be different or submissive, but still he showed respect, he was probably the newest member to this pack, unless someone had joined in the time he slept, which wasn't very likely.

He spoke to her saying, "Yes I am new, nice to meet you Tala, I am Kyaime." He was glad she talked first. Trying to talk to someone at first is always the hardest for him. Trying to keep a conversation isn't as hard as starting one in his eyes. "How long have you been in this pack?"

<style>
.kyalights-text {margin:10px 5px 200px 10px; padding:2px; width:300px; height:200px; overflow: auto; background-color:#ffeae4; -moz-opacity: 0.5; opacity: 0.5; filter: alpha(opacity=40); border: 1px solid #000;}
.kyalights {width:480px; height:300px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#e2fffc; background-image:url(http://img822.imageshack.us/img822/4383/kyaimetable.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; font-family: times new roman; font-size:14px; color:#05495c; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000; text-shadow: 1px 1px 3px #8d9fa4;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

ooc: You don't have to. =] 3+

Time Goes Faster

Tala looked at him, she was the type to try and figure out as much about someone as she possibly could, though she wouldn't stalk people or anything, she just liked to ask questions and map things out in her head. She just liked to know. He didn't smell as strongly of Phoenix Valley, and his confirmation of being new was pretty much all she needed to know that he was basically in the same situation as herself. New, and probably not knowing to many of the members.

"It's nice to meet you, and I've only been here for about a week now. I've met a handful of members, but every face seems to be new these days." The fae smiled as she sat down on her rump, her docked tail tucked as much as it could under her. He didn't appear as if he was going to show and aggression towards her. She kept her body slightly tensed, though seeing as he was just as, if not newer than she was, she wasn't as worried about disrespecting him as those she had met previously. Though that didn't mean she was going to lose that train of thought entirely and be rude. That just wouldn't do.

Tala was quiet as she watched Kyaime, the unique pattern on his back, she would never forget who it belonged to. Looking like that, it was hard to forget a face. Not like she normally forgot, her memory was sharp, but someone like him made it easy. "Phoenix Valley has been a wonderful place to call home so far." She didn't really expect him to answer her comment, it was mostly an observation to herself.

The ground was cold, and Tala was expecting it to snow any day now. Just sitting on the ground now, her thick coat pressed against the ground had her feeling almost chilled. The ground was slightly frosted. How she loved Canadian winters.

<style>
.freetable-b02-charname {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#4E364A; text-shadow:#FFFFFF 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:20px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.freetable-b02-separator {text-align:center; margin:2px 0px; background-image:url(http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l114/ ... etest2.jpg); height:205px; border-width:1px; border-size:1px; border-style: solid none; border-color:#F1AA58;}
.freetable-b02-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.freetable-b02 {background-color:#FDF2E7; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #F1AA58; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:412px; text-align:justify; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Kyaime's paws were beginning to grow used to the frost on the ground. He was liking pheonix valley so far, all he was doing was talking to people. He couldn't wait to go for his first hunt with the pack, but he was able to wait for it. He wasn't going to leave the pack for a hunt.

His eyes stayed looking at Tala, she seemed to like it here too. She told him so anyway, which made him want to get to meet other people. He was also one who would try to talk to alot of people, if they talked about something he new about.

Kyaime looked at her as she sat down, he tried to think of a topic to talk about. "What is your job in the pack? I don't know if I am going to do what I am best at, but I want to know if you do." He was nervous about getting to go for a hunt or not.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

ooc: wc 336 3+

Time Goes Faster

Tala could tell by the way this wolf was holding himself that he didn't seem to be much of a talker. It's not like that was a bad thing though, sometimes the silence was heavenly. Tala had seen a lifetime of silence, so speaking to pack members was a glorious change now. She would surely calm down quite a bit after she had met most of the members and settled down, leaving herself to mentally map out what she was now calling her home. It was nice though, to not have anyone make fun of her tail, she greatly assumed it was because of the mentality of the pack, and the very fact that their leader had so many changed attributed to him as well. The thought made the female smile softly to herself. This place was wonderful.

Tala then blinked at his question, she hadn't fully thought about answering that before. "Well,I was recently brought up to the Tenen rank, I'm training to be a scout." You had to earn a title, and prove your skills for whichever position you deserved, and she had done just that by showing the eagerness to learn of her pack, what surrounded it and what was within it to those she had met. Things weren't just handed around like unwanted bones. Though she had not been on a pack hunt, she had hunted with Geneva. That had been fantastic. Tala then smiled "I'm sure if you just prove to the pack that you are good at what you're best at, they'll see for themselves and maybe you will get that position. It's all anyone can do. So just try to get your name out there." Was it a set of inspiring words, no, it was just what she assumed was the way of this place.

As Tala finished speaking, she was trying to figure out something else to bring up, so that Kyaime didn't feel awkward enough to do it himself. It was all petty things that came to mind, mindless topics you'd heard a million times. Tala blinked, her social skills needed a bit of work.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

ooc: I like your avy Smile

Kyaime looked at her as he thought about it, putting his name out there. Maybe he should go on a hunt soon and prove that he is good. Not only tell people about it. He was sure it would help get him more acquinted with the rest of the pack, and maybe get him farther up in the hierarchy of this tribe.

He wasn't sure if he should go on a hunt alone, or if he should wait for someone to offer up a hunting job to him. Maybe the best idea would to be to ask around, maybe start by asking Tala, so he went ahead and asked. "You are trying to be a scout? Well could we go on a hunt? Or do we have to wait for a task for the pack? I'm still getting adjusted to this pack thing and I never was in a real pack. So I dont know how it works."

Adjusting to something new is always one of the more difficult tasks. He wanted to try and make sure everything was good before he just left for the hunt, making sure what he was doing was okay with the pack, if it wasn't then he would have to wait for his chance to go and do what he loved.

<style>
</style>
[/html]
[html]

ooc: Thank you :3 Also this reply sucks. Sorreh.

Time Goes Faster

It seemed as if the suggestion to get his name out there, as well as meet some of the other, older members seemed to stick to him more than she thought it would. At least her advice was good to somebody, for once. She had never been good at giving people advice. It wasn't her forte.... Though it took time to work your way up the ranks, and not just time, but time and effort combined. It was a starting point everyone had to go through. She had, and she still was.

Tala looked at him and blinked her amber orbs softly, his question about having to be ordered to go on a hunt seemed odd to her. She had never heard that before. "Yes I am training to be a scout. I know that pack hunts are a big deal, but just hunting between a small group of pack members, such as you and I, you don't need permission for that. That's like asking permission to eat. This place isn't like that. So from what I know, we could most definitely go on a hunt. I also know how you feel, I haven't been in a pack since I was a pup." She had asked to hunt to many times in the past, being through with that was more than appreciated. Letting him know that much about her seemed fine, it wasn't like she was telling him her whole life story, just a small fact.

The more Tala spoke to Kyaime the more at ease she was starting to feel. It was odd, as she realized she was technically a higher rank than him. That was a fact she never dreamed of ever crossing her mind. Her actually having a rank, being trained for something even more. This place was a great. She really lucked out finding it. She'd never miss her old life. She was absolutely certain about that.

<style>
</style>
[/html]