Hello!!
Hey everyone! I've just joined and I don't what pack I should join or what I should do. Just wanted some input or ideas from anyone who's willing to help me out. It would be much appreciated.

Name: Nyx de Jinx

Birthday: April 18, 2010.... a puppy basically

I was going to have a 75% tundra wolf with 20% red wolf and 5% maned wolf. Is that possible?

Luperic? Yes

short description:

I wanted to have her escape from her pack family, I think I sill have to elaborate on it. her skill would be jewelry making and knives. Perhaps an small silver hoop on her left ear. She would be mostly black with natural highlights of red and off white markings on her paws extended to her legs, ear tips and tip of tail. Her eye left eye golden and right green.

If you could tell me your thoughts and opinions or what pack you think she might fit into would be great!
Thanks!!
You should look through all the pack's culture and find out which best suits your character. Also not too sure about the part maned wolf since they can't be luperci. May want to change that unless others say it's ok.
Thank you. I had a feeling such about that maned wolf part. I think I'll change it so that it won't be an issue.
Hi there and welcome to 'Souls! Big Grin

Have you checked out our RP Guide? There is a TON of useful information there if you need help getting started and such.

I do want to make sure you know that if she's born in April, she isn't exactly a puppy. She's still young, 7-8 months, but that's the equivalent of 11-12 human years so she isn't a baby. There's an age chart as well as a puppy development guide on the RP Guide which are both extremely helpful.

And yeah, Fy'Ra's point about the maned wolf thing could be an issue but I'm not 100% sure either.

As for which pack you should join, I'm leaving that up to you Tongue Read over all the pack descriptions and pick the one that you like best. Once you fill out her personality some more it might be easier for you to figure out where she belongs. She just wouldn't be able to join Inferni because she's not part coyote.

Feel free to shoot me a PM if you need anything, I am on winter break and have no life so I will likely be on 'Souls for most of the next month. XD
Hello! Big Grin Good to see you around!
  • Username: As mentioned in the PM, we'll have to change your username! Nyx de Jinx, right? I'll fix that up for you in a second. ;o You'll login as "Nyx de Jinx" rather than "NyxdeJinx" from now on.
  • Age: As the others mentioned, a birthdate of April 18, 2010 would put your puppy at about 8 months. That's actually about 12 years old in human years. Also, we consider canines adults at nine months, so Nyx would only be a puppy for about a month!
    If you want a puppy, you'll have to go a bit younger. This chart might assist you in determining how old Nyx should be, and this page might help you, too! Remember, though, the minimum play age is 2 months. Younger puppies are not able to be played.
  • Age/Biography: Remember, too, that how old your wolf is will also partially determine their biography! A three month old puppy might be able to escape from their family, but they wouldn't be able to travel very far -- the journey would probably be too much for them to survive. A wolf of about five or six months would be able to more easily escape their home pack and they'd be able to travel a little more distance than a three - four month old puppy.
  • Species: 75% tundra wolf and 20% red wolf is fine; however, as the others mentioned, Maned Wolves are actually not able to breed with wolves or become Luperci; thus, hybrids of Maned Wolves aren't allowed here. Smile If you need a more detailed explanation, I'll be happy to provide! An alternative could be to have her mixed with coyote or even dog -- we have an extensive species guide that might help you out.
  • Appearance: Her appearance sounds just fine, but you'll just have to make sure her red highlights are a natural shade of red and not fire engine red. ;3 To achieve bright, unnatural colors, you'll need dyes.
  • Pack: You might find it helpful to have a gander at the Active Pack Summary. It lists some basic information about each of the packs and might help you to decide which is right. Big Grin
Also, YOU SHADOWPOSTERS. At least mine is organized, nyah!!! XP
As others have said, take a look at each pack and see which would fit your character's personality well. Smile Anathema and Cercatori d'Arte are both new and looking for members, but Phoenix Valley also has a somewhat smaller population. You might check into those three first. Her skills might help determine her pack placement, as well as her personality. Look through 'em and choose as you wish. Big Grin

Welcome to 'Souls, though, and I hope you enjoy your stay! Smile
It's really nice to see so many members in here offering advice and help Big Grin You guys are great!
I just wanted to say welcome, it seems that as i was sleeping everyone else was working! Big Grin anyways, hope you enjoy it here and we can rp <3