thread title missing
[html]
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... fthing.gif); background-position: center center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

She put the string onto one end of the bow first, putting that end against the ground. She bent the other end of the bow down, fitting the string into notch there next. When she was sure that it was strung correctly, that it wouldn't come off, she tested the bend of it. Everything seemed to be working fine-the bow bent with a fluid motion when she pulled back on the string. Now for an arrow.

As soon as she got one notched onto the string he looked back at her target. The squirrel looked like it hadn't noticed her yet--it was as calm as can be, eating a nut. There was no fear in its eyes...it looked like it was just sitting there, having a good meal. She aimed at it for two or three seconds before she released the arrow, the metal tip going straight through the animal's skull. She didn't really like killing squirrels, but squirrels were the one animal that Jaded Shadows had a clear abundance of. Now that they were coming out of hibernation, anyway.

Dierdre tried not to feel bad about killing it as she approached the dead animal. She'd been with Pilot for so long that she'd learned to think of squirrels as friends...and not prey. But for a pregnant mother in need of food...friendship wasn't enough some days.

[/html]
The dark coated wolf trotted lightly across the gorund. He was bored and it was the perfect time to look around the pack lands. He sniffed at the air and his senses were all working quickly. A familiar scent came to him and his stopped suddenly. The young wold took a few steps backwards and spotted Dierdre a little ways off.

He smiled a toothy grin and crouched down low. He stlaked forwards and finnaly he made a dash for the white wolf. He stopped behind her and lit out a loud howl. "Hi Dierdre, what you got there?!" He growled happily. It had been lonley wandering around the teritory and he was glade for someone to talk to. He stood there foolishly awaiting an answer.
[html]
http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c73/p ... fthing.gif); background-position: center center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

She was so glad that Jazper had come into her life. She really enjoyed his company! On days that she felt alone, his face was a bright light, pulling her through. She didn't know what she would do without him. "I caught a squirrel for us. I was thinking that it might be a good idea for us to dig our own den today, a little bit farther away from the others. Then we can have a litte more privacy"

She wondered if he thought that this was a good idea. "I would need some help with the digging, though. Do you think you'd be up for that after we eat?"

[/html]
The young male smiled at the mention of food and quickly grabbed the squirrel in his powerful jaws. In one month he would be old enough to start to hunt for himself and train to be a strong fighter. He started running around Dierdre in circles while playing wiht the fresh kill. Then he stopped as she started talking about the den.

Why would they need more privacy? He wounderd silently. He htne placed the kill down at the white wolfs feet and gestured for her to eat, "Of course we'll need the den to be large with plenty of room for your kids to grow up in! I'll be honoured to help you." He said with a grin. He thought about his past few days in the pack. He had mostly stayed close to Dierdre, being shy of all others that aproched. He had grown protective of the pups-to-be and in turn close to the she-wolf. He asumed that he'd be staying with her in her den untill he was an adult, but he woundered what his relation to the pups would be. Would he be a random member of hte pack, or would he be family? He considered Dierdre a mother figure, being the only wolf he was close to in the pack she had cared for him the past few days, but she never mentioned him being a son.