Let me take a look at you now
[html]

Gideon had been wondering about the pups' past more and more. He had been little more than a pup himself when he had found the two squirming forms, tied up in an old rucksack and left to die. He'd caught a glimpse of the wolf who had left them behind but he had barely been able to make out her form in the darkness. She had been a black wolf like himself, that he knew for sure.

The male reached the borders of the Valley pack and stopped in his tracks, unsure of what to do. He didn't often visit neighboring packs without invitation, and had protected Dahlia's borders enough times to know that it wasn't polite to enter a pack's lands without permission. Should he sit and wait? He paced a bit, trying to decide. Yes, that was probably the safest choice.

He sat down in the snow, plopping backward into it. He'd known that this pack was here but wasn't sure of its name or much else about it. Today would be a day to gain information. Maybe the pups' mother would be living here. He closed his turquoise eyes and put his head down a bit, resting up as he waited.

<style type="text/css">
.jamesfreetablezz b {font-weight:bold; color:#9a9fac; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #fefdfa; }
.jamesfreetablezz-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5e6062; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #fefdfa; text-align:right;}
.jamesfreetablezz p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.jamesfreetablezz {margin:0 auto; width:382px; background-color:#f2f5fb; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... etable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 160px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5e6062; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #fefdfa; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.jamesfreetablezz-border1 {width:384px; border:1px solid #ffffff; margin:0 auto;}
.jamesfreetablezz-line1 {width:360px; border-bottom:1px solid #dbdae0; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
Table by Alli!

[/html]
[html]
3+

Pacing the borders was starting to become more and more common for the female as Tala was beginning to become more accustom to realizing that this was her duty, and to tell the truth..... she loved it. Tala absolutely adored being able to do something she loved as well as fulfilling her duty to her pack, and it was a bonus that both activities joined together in one thing. Scouting, running the borders and leaning every little thing about where she lived and what was around it. It had the dappled female in a fit of content. That was exactly why Tala had found herself here now, it was just part of her quick run along the borders to be sure nobody, or nothing, had entered unnoticed. Most of her days went uneventful, barely a soul aside from smaller animals and birds entered the pack lands without invitation. That however, was the reason the upcoming scent of an unknown wolf had her in a curious, yet defensive pace towards the location of the unknown. Her body was nearly silent as she moved across the blanket of snow, her light dappled pelt gave her an almost ghostly appearance in this season.

Tala had his scent before she ever heard of saw him. Her frame may be small, though she held herself high, her head high yet her ears pressed high. She forced herself to look larger and more intimidating. Her naturally soft eyes seemed more stern, the shape harder as she peered at the young male as she came into sight of him. It took her a moment to speak as she watched him, her eyes keen to catch any sight of any aggression. "Can I help you with something?" Though she was nearly 2 years his elder and the male was barely past being a pup, she didn't treat him like one. She stood about 15 feet away from him, her body rigid to either chase off the male, or defend herself if she must. Though, he was just sitting, waiting for something. She highly doubted he was aggressive. The rasp to her voice gave her a strict tone that was almost unnatural to her. Though she normally hated her voice's fault, when she was acting serious, it made her seem older than she was. The female waited with her eyes glued to the male, her body language almost screamed defensive, and there was no way that he could miss it.

[/html]
[html]

wc: 364

His discussion with his son had nearly broken his heart, having to tell Range that his mother had abandoned him and his sister at birth. The black female that had left them had tried to throw the pups into a fire, of all things. What a way to go, after only a few days of life. They had been skinny when he'd found them, so he expected that the female had been somewhat malnourished or hadn't taken very good care of herself when she had been pregnant. It was possible that she hadn't fed them, either, in the day or two that they had been alive.

Gideon didn't understand a wolf who would do something like that to their own children. He had taken the two pups home with him and had taken care of them the best way that he could, simply giving them food and asking his aunt to try and nurse them when she could. It had done them good, just having food in general...the rest had come in time. Gideon was trying to give them a loving and stable environment to grow up in so that they would turn out just as well as he had.

He waited at the border of the valley, yawning every couple of minutes. It had been a long trip for the male, who hadn't left Dahlia's territory in quite some time, and he was a little tired from it. He wasn't paying too much attention in his dozy state, and when a voice sounded nearby he jumped. There was a female there, likely a pack member herself, one with slightly rigid body posture. He took note to that and adjusted his own posture, letting his tail drop and head dip slightly, muzzle pointed toward the ground.

"I've come seeking a wolf whose name I do not know. A female..darkly colored, very tall. She was pregnant a few months ago and abandoned some puppies, pups that I found and adopted." He explained, biting his lip. Turquoise eyes rose to meet the female's for a moment before drifting back down toward the ground in a submissive manner. "I'm Gideon Stormbringer, from the Dahlia de Mai pack."

<style type="text/css">
.jamesfreetablezz b {font-weight:bold; color:#9a9fac; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #fefdfa; }
.jamesfreetablezz-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5e6062; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #fefdfa; text-align:right;}
.jamesfreetablezz {margin:0 auto; width:382px; background-color:#f2f5fb; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... etable.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 160px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#5e6062; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #fefdfa; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.jamesfreetablezz-border1 {width:384px; border:1px solid #ffffff; margin:0 auto;}
.jamesfreetablezz-line1 {width:360px; border-bottom:1px solid #dbdae0; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
Table by Alli!

[/html]
[html]

Short post, my bad. 3+

Tala watched for expression, movement and tone in the male. Though he was younger than she it did not mean that he was neutral just on that fact. She had known many young males in the time she was alone to try and impress the people around them by acting bigger than they were to make up for young age. Though this one did not show any of those signs. He shrunk slightly, that was always a good sign. His words made her nod and her posture relaxed, her her body was now calm, feeling that he was not a threat.

"You will not find her here. We do not have any females who are of that colour or description. I apologize for the trek in vain. May I ask why you are searching for such a soul? You must be very committed if you go as far to to search this Valley for her. That is very admirable." Her words were kind, her eyes brightening back to their normal self. "Beg my pardon, my name is Tala Djose." She could not go without introducing herself, now that was just rude. Tala stood at a moderate distance still. Though he looked friendly, spoke neutral words, that did not make certain that he was indeed friendly in the end. Some people used fake kindness as a mask. She would not fall for a trick such as that.

She had not been to the area he had come from, his pack was unfamiliar to her as well. Though, she had not heard negative things between the Valley and them, so she would not question it. If he felt like resting here before he continued she would not deny him that. After all, she was not cruel. Her curiosity was getting to her though, why exactly had he been searching for someone all the way out here? If he did not even know her name, why try and find her? He must have notice of some kind, but of what sense she did not know. It was not her place to ask him to many questions. She was just a Locum, in charge of watching borders and knowing as much as possible. It was unfortunate she could not answer his question.

<style type="text/css">
.wintertable2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#262626; letter-spacing:1px; }
.wintertable2 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.wintertable2 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.wintertable2 {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#E4E4E4; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/m7wc61.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 232px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#636363; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

No worries! :] wc: 558

Gideon rarely visited other packs. He had a little life of his own there in Dahlia de Mai, a life that kept him quite busy most days. When he wasn’t showing his pups something new or helping them with problems that they came across, he was hunting for them or scouting the border or trying to find some way to impress Nayru. The black and white female had seemed to appreciate the necklace that he had given her, but he wanted to be original with his next present to her. It would be boring for him to give her the same type of thing over and over again, and she seemed to enjoy wearing the one that he had given her…so why replace it?

He would have to seriously think about what she might like. He had many odd items that he had found in the city that had made him think of her…but which one would be appropriate? Among the items was one that he had thought she might especially be interested in, a pair of goggles that, when one put them up to their face, would allow them to see things that were a long distance away. He’d tried them out and had been astounded…at night, he could see many more stars than ever before and during the day Gideon had used them to track birds, squirrels, and other prey animals as he had hunted. They could be both fun and functional.

The gray tinged male looked back up at her when she spoke, showing a clear reaction to her words when she was finished. He frowned, shaking his head. So she wasn’t a member of the Valley pack. It was possible that she could have been a loner, but he wasn’t sure. There was still AniWaya, Cour des Miracles, and who knew how many other packs that he had to check before considering that. ”Darn. I thought it’d be easy to find her, for some reason. She’s the mother to my pups, the biological mother.” He explained.

Gideon realized how odd his words probably sounded and set out trying to figure a way to say them that wouldn’t sound so weird. ”I rescued a pair of pups when they were younger, only a few days old. A tall, black wolf had tried to throw them into a fire outside of my packlands and I grabbed the bag out of it and took the pups home with me. I didn’t think that I would ever want to find her…but now they’re starting to wonder about her and I was hoping to meet her and get some peace of mind.” There, that sounded a little better.

”It’s good to meet you, Tala. I’m a scout in my own pack, right now, a Spaher, it’s called where I’m from. Do you have a similar job?” She had found him rather quickly compared to previous experiences of his, however few they were, and he wondered if she had been out scouting the borders of her pack just as he did in his. It was interesting to him to think about them both doing the same job at the same time, but never knowing that the other was doing it, and he gave a small smile as he contemplated this. She was certainly a good scout, as she'd found him.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Alli!

[/html]
[html]

5+

Though she had only been here for a short amount of time compared to others that resided in the Valley she found it a bit strange that so many people seemed to wander across and upon the borders here. Tala herself had met two of them on her rounds, both had been friendly. Shawchert, the older and much larger of the two males she had encountered had been anything but rude. Gideon it seemed was beginning to follow the same path. Though Shawchert had been playing the flute to catch her attention, this younger male did nothing of the sort it seemed. He had his mind set on something, rather than just mapping. Though it was bound to happen, having two people from completely different places coming for the same thing seemed...peculiar. Highly unlikely as well.

The story the boy spoke of had her eyes in wide circles, how could anyone even imagine doing such a thing? She knew that many souls , or lack of one it seemed, were cruel. The femme had crossed many a cross mind in her years but to get to the point in which you'd try and murder your newborn pups.... what could drive a mother to that point? It was animalistic, cruel and beyond morbid. Her eyes softened to a look of almost thanks, she had no idea who the pups were, but she thanked him for saving them. A life was a life, no matter if she knew them or not. "That is quite sad to know that someone was that hurt, upset or angry to try and do something like that. What you did was very admirable, Gideon. It makes me almost happy she is not here. Though I'm sorry to say your search came up dry.' She dipped her head to him in respect, taking in pups at such a young age was a very difficult thing to do, or so she imagined.

"I apologize for my behavior earlier, I should not have been so hasty. I promise that's not my normal self. She always felt guilty if she jumped the gun on guessing what a person may be like and mistreated them because of it. It was rude, arrogant and somewhat mean. She flashed the boy a smile, nodding her head towards the inner of the Valley. "If you'd like you're welcome to come in and rest before you depart on your search once again. I trust that you're trustworthy, you don't seem like the type to start trouble." She laughed lightly, her stub of a tail attempted to wag.

Taking a few steps backwards she was waiting for a confirmation of a decline from the man. The choice was up to him, but she wanted to represent the Valley pack as best she could, and she knew that the others would do the same. This pack was not one to be hostile without reason. Tala was no different, or so she hoped she was."I swear we don't bite." her words were once more followed by laughter.

<style type="text/css">
.wintertable2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#262626; letter-spacing:1px; }
.wintertable2 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.wintertable2 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.wintertable2 {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#E4E4E4; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/m7wc61.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 232px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#636363; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

wc: 412

She was very talkative! Gideon didn't mind giving her the lead as he listened to what she said with an open ear. "It's alright, I'm actually a little relieved that I didn't find her" His tail wagged slightly. "If I hadn't come up here I wouldn't have run into you, and then where would I be?" The young male gave another smile before his eyes dropped back down to the ground. He didn't feel quite comfortable enough with her to stare completely at her face, understanding that as a pack wolf she had the entire force of her pack behind her against him, an intruder at their borders. If she chose to see it that way, anyway.

"It's not your fault, either..I'd be defensive at my borders too. You'd be foolish to not question me and demand to know why I was here; if you'd just let me in with no questioning at all and something had happened, I doubt your pack leader would have been too happy" Conor would have been very disappointed in him if he let something like that happen. Apparently Dahlia had gotten into trouble with the coyotes in the past, a fact that he had only recently heard about, so he would have to be extra wary of coyotes.

"I dunno about trouble...I'm known to be quite the troublemaker back home." Like he had any time to start trouble, with two pups to look after. "More like...my pups are the troublemakers. They're always into one thing or another" Not in a bad way, of course; they were simply learning. He would never yell at them for trying to learn something new, even if they did sometimes break something or mess something up. "I'd love to come in and visit more. Lead the way" He said.

Perhaps they could get something to eat on their way there; his stomach growled as he stood up, filling up the silence.. Gideon tested the air with his nose, trying to pick up the scent of any nearby prey. There was a bit of movement off in the woods to their right and he turned his head toward it. "I'm a little hungry, though, come to think of it...would you mind if we went to see what was rustling that bush over there?" If it was a hare then they'd be in luck; he'd been practicing catching hares lately and was now beginning to consider himself to be skilled in that hunting area.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Alli!

[/html]
[html]
3+

It was certain that with this encounter there was definitely more productive conversing. With Shaw it had been more... a bit odd. Talking about music and that little carved horse he had given her rather than asking questions about why he had been there. He had been there for mapping, but they didn't talk about that much. With Gideon they did talk, a lot, more than she was used to. Not that that was a bad thing of course. "Well, in that case you would probably still be sitting there alone and curious. How interesting is that?" She chuckled softly under her breathe as she padded along, long Lupus legs carried her easily over banks of snow.

"It is my job so act such ways when I come across unfamiliar faces, yes. I do it because it's proper to defend our pack. However that does not mean I like doing it, if the person I act like that towards is friendly, I feel the need to apologize afterwards."" She did not look back to him as she spoke those words, but she did glance to make sure he was following. She could hear he was, but visually she wanted to be reassured.

The fact that he kept saying 'His pups' kept making her mind falter, she knew they were not biologically his but he was still so young that the phrase seemed odd to her. He was barely past being a pup himself when he had found them. Given the ages he had hinted to earlier in conversation. Getting into to much trouble would be hard with young pups to watch over. The job was pretty much full time, let alone making your own trouble. In response she nodded lightly, letting him know she had been listening still.

His question made her stop walking and turn to face the young male, a small meal did sound like a nice idea. She watched the bushes with soft eyes and listened to the motions of the rustling. By the size and softness, it was a hare. Though those were her specialty, the boy seemed to be itching to chase it. She'd let him have some fun. "I have no issue with that. A hare sounds delicious." She remembered how she was at his age, this was when she was new to being off with her mother, she itched to run after things, chase them and hunt them.

"speech"

[/html]
[html]

wc: 216

"I haven't even been over here before..so if you get us lost I won't be able to find my way back" He said with a smile. "I wonder what it'd be like if someone else had found me. Not nearly as fun, I bet" Gideon had lost some of his youthfulness as he had grown, but still had a bit of boyish charm about him. He was a full pack member with a rank, now, and needed help remembering that sometimes.

He nodded at her words. She seemed open to the idea of hunting, but he wasn't sure of where exactly to search for food. Surely she would know of a few good hunting spots. And if anything else, they could always fish. He carried a line and hook with him at all times, tied carefully around his ankle. "If we can't catch anything then we could always go fishing. Do you like to fish?" He whispered as he drew nearer to the bush.

And with a start his prey was off, noticing him before he was even remotely close. He frowned, ears going back as he looked over his shoulder to Tala. "Maybe hare isn't on the menu today." Gideon said, shrugging. "I still have a lot to learn...I'm not even a year old, yet."

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Alli!

[/html]
[html]
wc 358

Gideon mentioned getting lost like it was an option. Lost? Tala herself had never gotten lost when she was new, let alone now. Months of learning this terrain like her life depended on it would not end up in the word 'lost' being used with her in the same sentence. How that just wouldn't do. "If I got us lost I'd cut off a toe. I've never been lost, and certainly not in the lands I belong too. You also never know, there are some interesting characters here." So that's where that puppy charm had gone, just receding, not gone. The boy was barely old enough to no longer be called a pup. Whether or not he was old enough to be called an adult, sometimes it was needed to have an outlet for the puppy that still remained.

It was not hard to see that the boy was pleased with her answer to the question of hunting. A nice meal wouldn;t be a bad thing, and the femme was hungry as well. Not like it was something abnormal anyway. He had suggested a meal, not chasing badgers. "It's a shame to say I don't have any skills in fishing, so that would be a rather one sided hunt I'm afraid." She had never taken the time to learn, or had the supplies to do it effectively anyway. The thrill of the chase was much preferred in the eyes of the female.

The attempt, or lack there of to catch the hare made the girl chuckle. He didn't even have a chance with that one. That wasn't his fault though, stuff like that happens. Prey aren't always stupid. "Learning takes time. I have almost two years on you kid, and I don't even know everything yet. So how about we go to the lake and you show me the fishing you were talking about?" The girl smiled softly in his direction before she took off in a run. If he said no, hunting on foot by the lakes was a key area anyway. The moves were swift ad silent, but she did not try to lose him.
"speech"

[/html]
[html]

Time for Tala to get hurt? Big Grin wc: 407

He often found himself doing puppy-ish things, things that not all adults would agree with doing. He had always been that way, it seemed, even as an older pup in the pack. He’d managed to get Nayru to play with him and had encouraged her to do puppy-like things with him even though she’d been even older than he had. His youthful attitude was helpful in some situations, when one needed to break through to another wolf who they didn’t know too well or if they were dealing with pups or wolves who were younger than they were. His pups were likely the cause of some of his puppy ways; there wasn’t a day that went by that he didn’t play with them or roughhouse. He tried to enjoy the days that he could do such things with them, knowing that they would soon be growing too big for such things to interest them.

”Interesting character, huh? Well if they’re all like you then I can’t wait to meet some more of ‘em” He said. ”You seem real nice.”He was very glad that she was open to hunting. His tail wagged back and forth, showing his good mood. After a few words she had taken off, snow flying in her wake, and Gideon was quick to hurry up and follow her. He could show her how to fish, all right, that was no problem! It was one thing that he was actually good at, a way that he was certain would pay him back in food. Maybe he’d be able to find some different types of fish than the ones that he had gotten out of the ocean and the few ponds and lakes of Dahlia. ”I’m a good teacher!” He shouted, giving chase.

They weren’t running for too long before he noticed something coming up in the distance, a small pile of brambles. They were mostly hidden beneath the snow, but his turquoise eyes caught the difference in the texture of the white fluff, the little bit that showed what was hiding beneath it. ”Tala…what’s that?” He didn’t want her to run into the spiny plants…that’d hurt! He had a small pack with him that had his usual line, hooks, a small amount of bait, and the basics to a medical kit, but just because he was prepared for such an incident didn’t mean that he wouldn’t warn her in case she hadn’t seen the brambles.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Alli!

[/html]
[html]
wc : 784

There was times where Tala was envious of puppies.Being able to just have fun, not worry about consequences of life and having to make mature, respectabe decisions. Tala had been cut short of her puppihood when she and her mother had run away from her pack shortly following her fathers murder. She had left being a puppy behind that night. Being forced to look after yourself for the most part at a young age matures a person very quickly. To be able to run around, play and roughhouse was something Tala sometimes found herself doing with younger people. It was a habit she found embarassing. But why be embarassed of having a little fun? There’s nothing wrong with fun. No matter the age of the person you’re having said fun with. Tala had a soft spot for fireflies. When she saw them in the summer, the puppy in her was released. She found the creatures fascinating. Catching them was always such a joy to the woman.

Hearing Gideon take off after her when she took off into her fit of a run she smiled to herself. The last time she had run anywhere with someone else…. It was far to long ago it seemed. He complimented her and she smiled softly. The boy was nice, or not nicer than she was. For such a young man, he was so kind and respectful. He had been taught well it seems. “You should meet our leader, Jefferson. He’s more of a character than some can handle, mind you I mean that in a good way.” Her words were laughter. The grouch was a good man, a great leader. But he had the attitude of an old badger. Snow was pushed behind her as her paws gripped at the cold substance. A good teacher? Well, with two pups under his wing he better be. “Then you’ll teach me to fish in no time.” It was almost as if she was making an unvoiced bet, that he would do it quickly or be shamed by his lies.

Tala was not watching the ground as she ran, her mind was set on direction. Mirror lakes was not far, but there were many small hills and dips on the way from this direction. His words made her mind falter and she watched ahead of her. It was hard to see, amber eyes nearly missing it completely. Brambles, hidden by snow but not dulled by it. Her body halted to a near stop as she looked at the plants. “Thank you. I would have missed them.” Her words were ones of thanks, her tone grateful as she looked at the range of where the plants had rotted themselves. It was a large patch it seemed. Tala took to her left, eyes atching the brambles ahead of her, watching for a break in their hidden maze. Tala was walkin slowly, the area was quickly turning into a shallow dip. The snow was not hard to grip, her paws held her well. “I think they end just right here, we should be fine if-“ Her own words were cut short as she felt her front legs slip out from under her. Snow was masking ice, sheer blankets of it glued to the hill like cement. No words, just an audible muffled grunt as she felt herself move. Her paws could not grip the ice, her hind legs felt alien to her as she faught the works of gravity and physics. It was no use however. She slid, no hope to latch onto anything but snow and more ice.

The Djose girl did not fall far, she was met with ppadding of prickles and spines. The displacing of snow moved vines, clinging to her like leeches. Tala yeled as she tried to find footing. Ice slipping from below her as her body made desperate moves to remove herself from the grasp of the vile plant. The fight was short, but it was not painless. By the time Tala had managed to get even a grip, there were vines around her legs and stuck to her fur. Amber eyes held pain as she collapsed onto snow. There were several vines encasing her legs, scratches on her stomach and jaw were small but not invisible. She was able to shake three legs free. Though the fourth, her left hind leg was snared. Blood was seeping onto the plant and staining her white leg fur. Tala did not look at Gideon, shame written all over her face. She looked like a fool. A fool with a leg that was throbbing. Blood dripepd to snow, crimson staining what used to be white.

She would never live this down.

"speech"

[/html]
[html]

PPing a bit with him freeing her leg? :] wc: 572

He was having a good time running around with his new friend. Gideon could be a rather shy male, even as an adult, and it had been difficult for him to sum up the courage to go creeping around another pack's borders to begin with. He'd had a mission, though, and that had empowered him and given him more strength. It wasn't that the male didn't enjoy meeting others and making new friends, he just didn't know how to start something like that off. How did one ask someone else to become their friend? He'd grown up with his siblings and now his pups there for him, always family members. He only had two real friends, two wolves that he had grown up with as well. No one from other packs or cultures. Those other wolves had just...always been there.

”Jefferson, huh?” He panted. If Tala enjoyed living here with Jefferson as a leader, then he felt sure he would like the male as well. Tala seemed like the type to make good choices, and she must have joined this pack for a reason. ”Conor is a kind and gentle leader. He kind of helped raise me; he’s together with my Aunt Bris, who raised me and my three siblings.” Gideon slowed down as she did when they neared the brambles, smiling. He wouldn’t have wanted her to fall into them! He did have a small first aid kit on him but he didn’t know how to use it too well, just the very basics.

Gideon was ready to keep going with her, and was completely surprised when he saw her falter, her feet slipping up on some ice that was ahead. He felt immediate guilt, like he should have taken the lead, but he didn’t know this territory. He waited anxiously at the top of the slide, peering down it. How could he get down to her without losing his own footing and falling with her? He didn’t want to push her farther into the brambles with his own large body. He looked around for something that he could use, and noticed a large piece of bark.

He grabbed the huge piece of bark from the ground, using it as a sled to travel the short distance down to her. He moved to the side so that he wouldn’t hit her when he got down to her. She did look to be in pain, and he could see that blood was beginning to stain the area around where her foot was caught. He breathed in sharply, wincing at the painful sight. ”Are you ok??” He asked, reaching for the brambles that were caught around her leg. ”I’m so sorry that I didn’t see those ones. I should have said to avoid the entire area.” He felt so bad.

The male pulled a tiny bit at a time, breaking through the brambles that were wrapped around her last limb. He was as careful as he could be, trying not to hurt her or himself. He’d landed partially in the brambles himself, but not as hard as she had and with his sled to protect his rear end a bit. He managed to get the leg free and looked at her, panting. ”We should try and get up out of here first..and then I can have a better look at your leg. Ok?” He searched about, turquoise eyes looking for a way out.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Alli!

[/html]
[html]
5+

Tala had her eyes on the snow for the majority of the time as she stood with her hind left leg raised from the ground in an effort to releave some of the cutting pain. The amber orbs would occasionally look up the hill to the boy or back to her leg. The Djose girl did not say even a word. What was she supposed to say? Tala had seen the brambles, she had tried to find the way around them amidst the snow banks but she had still managed to slip. Like a pup who had lost their footing while play fighting with their brother or sister. She certainly felt like a pup right now.That was for sure. She saw Gideon moving about, though she wasn't sure exactly what he was doing she wasn't about to question him. Then suddenly he came barreling down the slope on a large piece of bark. Crafty little fellow isn't he? Well, now both of them were down here.

She watched him as he began to try and peel the vines away from her leg and Tala would occasionally flinch. The fae managed to hold back almost all vocalizations as he untangled her. "Thank you, Gideon." Her words were soft and she looked at him with eyes that showed inner disappointment. "Don't you dare apologize, I saw them, I just did not see the ice and couldn't stand on my own feet. I know this territory and I should have known. I'm the one who's sorry." Her leg was now free, and her leg was becoming stained red rapidly. Several of the cuts were deep, and many were just wrapped slits that would heal fine, but for now hurt like hell. She nudged him towards a area to the left, it was a steadier incline but it was dirt. She had been to this area in autumn, she remembered it now. The fae used her three legs to pull herself up the hill,pushing snow out from under her as she scrambled up the bank, using her front legs more than the back one for support and strength.

Tala pulled herself up onto level ground and she let out a long exhale as she stood, she did not want to sit or lay. She looked silly enough as it was. It wasn't until she was sure the boy had gotten himself up that Tala payed attention to her leg again. Her white fur was stained, the leg was shaking from cold and pain and Tala just frowned. "I'm sorry about this. Once we get to the lakes I'd still like to see how you fish." She smiled, chuckling lightly and trying to lighten things again. She would live, though her leg would probably be rather useless for a while seeing as her knee was now raw and rather beat up. Bending it was not even slightly an option.

Tala bent to lick at her limb for a moment, her mouth tasted of copper but the feeling was soothing to her. "I'm not usually such a fool, I swear."

"speech"

[/html]
[html]

You can play him fixing her up a bit if you’d like; I didn’t want to make him do too much to her without her permission and all ^^ wc: 267

Gideon often allowed himself to take blame even when he didn’t need to. He hated to see others in pain and often put himself through distress or anxiety worrying about making them feel better or more secure. He didn’t like that Tala had taken the blame back onto herself but didn’t say anything else on it, moving into the next thing that they needed to take care of instead. ”Are you sure? I haven’t been hurt many times before…but if your leg feels OK then I’ll still go to the lake. If it doesn’t when I’m finished, though, I think you should let me walk you home”

But did that sound weird coming from him? Basically a stranger? ”I don’t mean to assume that you’d show me your home” His ears went back slightly, trying to anticipate what she was thinking about. ”Just that I would want to try and help you home if you would allow it” He didn’t want to sound like his goal was to creep around Phoenix Valley alone, or find out where she lived. He just wanted to try and help her out in any way that he could. If she hadn’t met him then she wouldn’t have fallen like she had.

They managed to climb up out of their little ravine without too much of an issue, and he plopped his rear end down in the snow, reaching for his small pack. He pulled the kit from it and held his hand out for her leg, not wanting to touch her without her permission. ”I’ll do what I can” He promised.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Alli!

[/html]
[html]
3+

Tala was not going to even for a moment let Gideon take the blame for this. This was not his fault, nor had he caused it to happen in any way possible. He had stopped her from running into the first cluster, he had helped her. He had come down to check on her. He had nothing to be sorry for in even the slightest. She should thank him for showing kindness and concern. The world was lacking people that were like him. He was so kind, his pups were lucky to have been found by someone like him. The dappled grey fae let her head nod. This wasn't the type of wound that would leave her immobile. Hunting would be difficult, if not impossible for a while though. That would be a major setback. "I'm sure, Gideon.... I can manage on three legs. What kind of Locum would I be if I let this hold me back?" She smiled as she spoke. Her spirits were dampened by it, but she did not want to appear so to this new friend.

Accompany her to her home? That was a very nice thing for him to offer. Though it would be more polite to accompany him back to the borders. She looked at the young boy and laughed lightly, he reminded her of herself. Putting others first. "If I do recall, I offered to let you rest here before you continued on your search. We can fish, or you can I suppose, and you can rest in my cabin. I'll show you out in the morning. I don't worry about you causing trouble Gideon, you're a good kid." Her words were genuine, she did not worry he would cause trouble or sneak around. Tala trusted her judgment of character.

As he held his hand out for her leg she forced herself to sit as she held it out for him, she winced as she was forced to move it. The cuts weren't serious, just deep and in the worst places. Her knee and ankle were cut up the worst. Tala let her head watch the ground as the boy bandaged her, the white cotton turned red quickly but the pressure was just right. "Thank you, Gideon." By the time it was done, her leg was left in a raised position, bent for comfort and not quite touching the ground as she stood again. It was such an alien feeling, and she knew she looked silly. "I hope you don't mind watching me look like a fool as I hobble." Her smile was faint, her tone light but had upset undertones. She was trying to hide the fact she was upset with herself from him, she succeeded for the most part, but her eyes did not quite lie. She nodded her head as she began to limp towards the lakes. Running was not an option at this time.

"speech"

[/html]
[html]

wc: 471

He had been raised to show kindness and compassion to other living creatures. Gideon would do any favor for anyone if he could, if he was able to and it was something that he agreed with. He wouldn’t help hurt someone or cause someone emotional distress. He had been through a lot as a puppy and had learned the value of friendship and family. He had thought that he had lost his family completely when his mother had been slaughtered by his grandmother, but he had learned that being in someone’s family meant that you loved and supported that wolf, whether they were your blood or not. After his mother’s death he and his siblings had gotten lost and separated, but each had managed to find their way to Dahlia de Mai eventually.

If she was sure about her leg being OK and about letting him fish, then he wouldn’t push it. It was her body and if she felt alright enough to be walking around, still, then he would oblige her and show her his fishing skills. It was good for him to be speaking to wolves of different packs; he could bring back information to his alpha if he found out anything interesting. They were on good terms, so even just news that the pack was doing well would be good news for him to tell Conor. ”Okay” He agreed. ”And ‘kid’, huh? I’m an adult in my pack”

He bandaged her leg carefully and to the best of his ability. She seemed pleased with the result; some of the cuts had been pretty deep, and he hadn’t been sure of how she well she’d be able to move once he was finished. But it looked like she would do just fine, as long as they avoided that ice! He would have to remember to keep his eye out for ice like that in Dahlia; he hadn’t come across any yet, mostly sticking to the well-traveled trails that twisted through their territory, so he was lucky. He would warn the pups about such dangers, as well. He had already spoken to them about the ice that covered the rivers and lakes, and he hoped they’d stay off of that.

Gideon considered offering to carry her, but didn’t want to make her think that he thought she couldn’t do it herself. She had said that she could, even though she appeared to be in pain from the hurt limb, so he would watch her limp and be quiet about it. ”I don’t think you look like a fool. I haven’t gotten hurt like that before, so I don’t know how it feels…but to me it looks like you’re doing a good job handling the pain” He walked next to her, sticking to her pace as they headed toward the lakes.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Alli!

[/html]
[html]
3+

Walking on three legs was such a strange feeling to the fae, her instinct was to lower the leg to the ground and use it to help with both balance and weight distribution. In reality, it was not happening to any degree right now. Tala would stumble or her steps would falter. Relying on just one back leg in her opinion was harder than just one front leg. The comment Gideon made about her calling him a kid made her laugh lightly to herself.
"I'm sorry, I'm well aware that you are an adult. It's just we don't have many younger members here other than Pripyat, and Jefferson might bite my nose off if I called his son a kid." Looking back to the boy she smiled, showing him it had all been in good nature.

It was nice to see that the other packs in the area seemed to be just as pleasant as the Valley was. Though they were all different of course, the other packs she had come across had been kind to her and quite respectful in her eyes. Though there was Inferni, and this newer pack she had heard of that she wasn't so sure about. She would not make any judgment on what they were actually like until she met them on her own accord. The Djose woman had been taught better than to judge on words alone. After all, a bad experience from one opinion may not be truth. Stories were always mended, and going by stories alone to complete an opinion on a pack or a member was just....rude and naive.

Gideon spoke of her not looking like a fool and she gave him a thankful smile. That was very nice of him to say, the boy had such kindness in him. "Thank you Gideon. I learned to hide pain decently well while I was a wanderer." It had helped when she was being run off of land she did not know was claimed. If she was bit, stopping to whine about it was anything but a good idea. Tala was sticking to the carved out trails now, it was easier on her to walk on packed snow than to trug through the banks. She would stumble from time to time, claws gripping the earth for balance. She felt quite lopsided. The first time in her life Tala had ever wished to have her tail back was at this moment.

The Djose fae moved at the pace she felt comfortable with, but she did try to hurry as to not slow Gideon down to a boring pace as she hobbled. It took longer than she had hoped to reach the lakes, but surely they reached the twin bodies in the end. Tala let herself reach the lip of the water before she sat, letting her leg stick out to the side like a detached limb. "Thank you again Gideon"

"speech"

[/html]
[html]

I love this thread :] It is seeming to bring out the best in my little Gideon. –squishes him- wc: 717

He wished that he had some kind of medicine that he could give her that would take away her pain. Gideon would make a good healer someday if he did choose to go down that path; he was quiet, compassionate, and thought quickly under pressure. He was always looking for ways to help others if he could, and though he could be a bit introverted and shy at first he really did enjoy speaking to other wolves and hearing stories about their lives and pasts. He wanted to feel useful in the pack, more than just being a border scout or hunter. Perhaps medicine was the way to go.

He had never considered such a thing before, learning how to heal wolves and fix their injuries. But the more he thought about it the more it seemed like something that he would enjoy…and that he could quite possibly find a passion for. ”We have my pups, back in Dahlia. Their names are Melee and Range. And then my aunt just had a pup that she named Eclipse; Eclipse is the youngest in our pack, just a month or so old.” He explained. He didn’t take her “kid” comment too much to heart; Tala seemed to be an easygoing wolf, and she hadn’t annoyed him or upset him. He showed this by offering her a wide grin in return.

He hummed to himself a little as he walked, then opened his muzzle to speak. ”What was your life like before you joined this pack?” He hadn’t been born in Dahlia de Mai, but had been there all his life. It was and would hopefully forever be his home. Gideon didn’t think that it took them too long to reach the lakes, his feet now used to travel, and he stopped alongside the lake when she did. ”No need for thanks; I’m sure you would have done the same for me if I’d been the one to fall” He said.

The dark male slid his small pack off and began to look through the pockets, searching for the fishing line and hook. It was a simple contraption that did him well for fishing during winter; he could crack a hole in the ice and leave just the line dangling; fish often seemed unafraid to come up to the surface of the ice, where they could not see the form of the black male as easily as they could through melted water, and they took his bait with more ease. Was it harder for fish to find food for themselves in the winter? He wasn’t sure.

He found his gear and put a piece of dried meat on the hook, then dipped it down into the water. This portion of the lake had a few rocks along the edge, and it appeared as if other animals or wolves had made small drinking-holes in the ice already around these rocks. One larger hole extended out toward the middle of the lake, a large crack that had formed during one of the warmer days; this was the one that he picked. He watched Tala out of the corner of his eye, observing her as he wiggled the line a little, stretching his arm out and allowing the hook to travel farther away into deeper water.

He let the hook travel down to the bottom of the lake, then sat back to wait. It wasn’t long before he felt a light tug on the line and he gave it a harsh yank, pulling the caught fish up into the air and over his head behind him. It was what he usually did, the method he used almost every time; once he felt a tug he would yank the fish as hard as he could out of the water to try and surprise it. It was a carp, not his favorite type of fish to eat but a meal nonetheless. He looked to Tala triumphantly before turning behind himself to grab the flopping animal, removing the hook. ”Do you want to try? I have extra line, too…if you like it, when we go back to your cabin I can make you your own. It’s nothing fancy..but it gets the job done” The male looked at her eagerly, holding up the fish and the hook.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Alli!

[/html]
[html]
wc 678

The way Gideon spoke about his pups was more than enough confirmation that they meant the world to him. She could hear it in the way he spoke, his tone and the light feel of each word, the look in his eyes and that smile that they were his pups. Rescued or not, they were his pups. The boy also showed light regard to her 'kid' comment and she was relieved. She was glad she had not upset, or offended him at all. She had only been trying to joke around with him, but the dappled Valley wolf was always cautious with her words even after saying them. This boy reminded her of herself to a degree, though she would never admit it in thought of sounding weird, or vain in calling herself polite. Tala was not the type to talk about herself or compare herself to people, especially on a positive note.

The dappled Valley girl had waited until she was seated at the waters edge before she answered the ponderings about her past. It was not an interesting story, nor was it exciting. People asked and she would share. It never bothered her that the tale wasn't entertaining or bewildering in some way. This was her life, it was simple and she was perfectly fine with that. With what she had done to get here. Looking over to the dark male as he removed his pack Tala set a small, almost unnoticeable smile on her face. "I was born in New Brunswick. I was born amongst a civil war in my pack. My father was fighting for my family to have a better life, to be an equal when he was killed. My mother and I fled, hoping to find a better life but she was frail and heartbroken. She passed away from sickness and I was left by myself for over a year and a half. I would find other wanderers and befriend them, but they never stuck around. Neither did I, I couldn't blame them. After almost two years of being alone and packless I found Phoenix Valley. I've been here nearly three months and have not once thought about leaving. I love it here." She let her smile grow as she spoke. She was in a haven here. Friendly wolves and healthy food. What else could she ask for?

Tala watched Gideon as he moved out towards the ice to set his line into the depths. He just held the string, nothing but dried meat.Incredible. It was so simple yet the way the boy stared at the ice, his hand absolutely still she knew he was no stranger to the act. If he as so still, it surely worked. The fae was absolutely still as if even the smallest breathe would disturb him. How long did this normally take, she was not sure. Surely, it was not instant. She was not that much of a fool. Her leg seemed to beg to differ. Tala flinched slightly as his arm was yanked up and a fish hit the frozen ground behind him just a moment later. The fish lay limp, dead from the thrust onto the earth and Tala watched it in awe. That was beyond impressive.

"That was amazing Gideon." She beamed to the young male but she remained in her stop on the rocky shore. He had offered to let her try and oh how she wished she could just run over there and try it. Her gut told her that was a bad idea. She looked from the boy, to the dead fish to her leg and back to Gideon. She frowned slightly and shook her head 'no'. "I don't trust myself hovering over ice right now. Climbing on the rocks would be.... an unimpressive sight." She laughed lightly and let her head droop in apology.

That fish was going to be delicious. Getting back to the cabin to cook it was going to be a great experience. The last time Tala had fish was....to long ago to even remember.

"speech"

[/html]