Chasing Fireflies
[html]
3+ Sorry, it's short. T__T

It was an understatement to say that hunting in thick Canadian snow was more than annoying. If you did not have a pure white pelt everything seemed to see you no matter where you were. Tala, had that problem, though she had white markings, her mostly grey pelt with it's dappled patches made her stand out against the now white fields like a tulip in a field of daisies. Dark against a field of white, a hare among mice. In the end, it frustrated the swift huntress beyond belief. Though it was not as hard here as it was the previous years, that did not take the frustrations away from the situation. To tell the truth, the female was tempted to just pack up all her efforts and return to her cabin and just sulk to defeat away on her own. Though, the girl had a stubborn root in her gut, she thanked her father for it, that told her to suck it up and keep trying. Eventually she'd come across a rodent distracted enough to not notice her in the snow. This was her result in going to so far from her cabin to hunt. A whole lot of nothing.

Padding around Firefly Fields Tala had her ears perked, trying to catch even the smallest sound, her nostrils flaring for the smallest scent. It had been countless minutes since the last mouse had gotten away. Though just a mouse and not satisfying like a rabbit, it had been better than returning empty handed. Though her luck seemed like it was about to change as she saw a still plump rabbit stuffing it's face in a patch of exposed reeds. A smile danced across her muzzle as her body lowered slightly, her steps becoming almost painfully slow as she tried to creep up on the rodent. Her body moved in almost complete silence and a graceful pace, her talents and success in hunting became visible when one saw her in the act. It was unfortunate though, how one mistake can cost you everything. A snowbank, a small dip in the field, an old burrow of some sort covered by snow had been in her path, and having been concentrated on the rabbit, she had stepped right in. The snow gave away from under her and her body lurched downward. This of course caught the attention of the little pest and it bolted off in a terrified scurry. It was gone before she barely got a pace in. At that point Tala let out a frustrated grunt and just sat square in the snow. This was becoming more and more frustrating.

She hated snow. With a passion.

[/html]
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... ntable.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

OOC: You call that short? I'm going to have to up my game >_<

Delwyn loved the snow. His thick fur meant that he wasn't going to get cold any time soon, and its pure-white pattern meant that he could be a ghost, invisible and inaudible, if he chose to be. And then, and he didn't put much stock into the idea, maybe his love of snow came from his most innocent days. When he was a tiny ball of fur and energy playing in the snow was one of his earlier memories. Before he grew. Before he left.

He hadn't been back for very long now. Maybe a week? He still grumbled over his encounter with Jefferson now and then. But time heals all wounds. Except, perhaps, for his ragged scar across his chest: from his jawline to his foreleg. That wasn't going anywhere in a hurry. For what is worth, Delwyn didn't plan on leaving again either.

A flash of moment. A rabbit scampered by in a huff. He got close enough that Del could have probably wrapped his powerful jaws around its neck without too much trouble. But he wasn't that hungry. Instead, he found himself curious as to what could have scared the thing so much. It wasn't exactly a difficult chore to follow the rodent's tracks back the way it came. Cresting a mound of snow, he saw exactly what he was looking for: a source of disturbance. Another wolf. He examined her warily for a moment, unsure whether she was in the mood for company: she seemed to be seething in annoyance at the moment. Ultimately, Delwyn's curiosity won out.

"Hey there" He called, his voice a deep baritone that he hadn't entirely gotten used to yet, "Having fun?"

[/html]
[html]

xP Sorry. 3+

Time Goes Faster

Tala had her bright amber eyes shut as she let the thoughts and the annoyances begin to fade from her mind. She knew that if she did not let them take their course she would be in a fit about it all night until she found something better to preoccupy her mind with. Though her ears were lowered in frustration, she was not mad. Borderline mad yes, but not quite there. Though her fur was thick and her body did not get cold, her feet were another story. Her paws did get quite cold, and she would not hesitate to exclaim to dislike of the frozen blanket. Though her ears perked up as she heard the breathing of an upcoming wolf she did not yet open her eyes. She let the scent come to her eyes before they slowly opened. She did not know this scent, but it oddly reminded her of Xeris. Looking at the wolf who now stood in the proximity she blinked and let out a slight huff of annoyance. "Fun it not the word I would use to describe today. Taunting, that's a more appropriate word." Her words faded off to near a grumble at the end before she blinked and her head and ears perked up. Now she was just being rude. "Excuse me, but hello to you too. My name is Tala. It's a pleasure to meet a new face." There, now she would not have been scolded if her mother or father were around. No matter how she felt, she needed to show her pack the respect they deserved. Especially on first greetings.

The pup had the same ghost white colours as Xeris, and his scent reminded him of her. The female had mentioned she had a family, so she assumed that this was a pup of hers. Though, she would not make that thought certain until told such things. His spot around his eye stood out though, and his eyes were darker. She assumed those were traits from his father, if her wonderings were correct. Tala's ears swiveled as she heard birds rustling in some underbrush looking for seeds or products to better insulate their nests. The fae gave the younger male a smile as she sat. She knew she had made herself out to be grumpy, but that was not her at all. Not all the time anyway...

<style>
.freetable-b02 p {padding:0px 20px 10px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:30px;}
.freetable-b02 b {color:#FED545;}
.freetable-b02-b {width:412px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto;}
.freetable-b02-charname {font-family:georgia, serif; color:#4E364A; text-shadow:#FFFFFF 0px 0px 4px; float: right; margin:5px; text-transform:uppercase; font-size:20px; font-weight:bold; letter-spacing:1px;}
.freetable-b02-separator {text-align:center; margin:2px 0px; background-image:url(http://i94.photobucket.com/albums/l114/ ... etest2.jpg); height:205px; border-width:1px; border-size:1px; border-style: solid none; border-color:#F1AA58;}
.freetable-b02-ooc {font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px; letter-spacing:.4px; font-style:italic; }
.freetable-b02 {background-color:#FDF2E7; padding:0px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #F1AA58; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#000000; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:2px; line-height:12px; width:412px; text-align:justify; }
</style>
[/html]
[html]
http://i57.photobucket.com/albums/g210/ ... ntable.png); background-position: bottom center; background-repeat: no-repeat;">

OOC: Sorry 'bout the delay >_< Christmas time has me all frazzled.

Delwyn watched with slight amusement as the other wolf painstakingly shifted her outward emotions from annoyed to pleasant. He supposed introductions were in order, "It's a pleasure to meet you as well. I'm Delwyn, son of Pendez and Xeris." He cast his eyes skyward for a moment, taking time to consider his options. A bitter wind cut through the trees, the gray sky and white ground making the world seem colorless and dead. After a moments thought, he asked,"So... what exactly is it that has you so bothered?"

Glancing around the female, he could see signs of... difficulty navigating the snow. Large imprints where she sank unexpectedly. Broken ends of twigs which would have snapped without warning, having been impossible to see prior. Without thinking, his muzzle broke into a boyish grin, his blazing-orange eyes sparkling with energy. "I'm guessing you don't like the snow very much, do you?"

A touch of his puppyhood charm touched through him, perhaps due to being home, or finally having a pack of his own again. Forgetting for a moment that he was supposed to be acting like an adult; composed, reserved, mature; he added, "Maybe we could go exploring?"

[/html]
[html]
3+ It's ok, I was busy the last little while too.

The introduction the young male gave to her only confirmed earlier suspicion of his heritage. He looked quite similar to his mother if you excluded the eyes and the light grey patch around his eye. It was nice, to have met one of Xeris' children. She had intended on meeting them in the future if she ever wandered back towards Mirror Lakes. Though she hadn't expected to run into one so soon after meeting their mother. Pendzez, so that was her mate and their father. She would be sure to introduce herself to him if she ever got the opportunity. His question of what had her so bothered caused her to sigh slightly, her ears drooping in almost embarrassing shame. She didn't exactly want to tell him that the snow was becoming quite bothersome to her in this field.

It didn't seem necessary, as the dark eyes scanned her surroundings the male seemed to pick up on her mishaps without her even needing to speak. It wasn't until the ghost like male spoke that her ears fell pinned to her head in embarrassment. She shrunk slightly in her body and frowned. He had hit that nail right on the head. "This field is far to uneven for me to hunt in with this blanket... to many rodent holes and dips and small hills. Plus, I stand out like a sore thumb. I absolutely detest this white curse at times." She spoke and then laughed, her ears perking back up. Though she was frustrated with it, she could find it in her heart to still joke about it.

It did not bother her one bit that he was still acting rather like a puppy in his charm. Though he was still a year old and o longer a puppy, Tala knew that it took longer mentally to reach adulthood than it did physically. Most wolves his age still had their puppy-like attitudes for a while yet, and they faded with experience and age. Though she was almost 2 years past that time, she still felt a puppy from time to time herself. The word exploring had her head turn to the side a bit and she smiled at the boy, that was not the world she would have chosen, but it still got the point across all the same. "I wouldn't mind that, it would get me away from this torturing field."

[/html]
[html]

OOC: MERRY CHRISTMAS EVE! Sorry about the delayed response, they'll be better after Christmas time, I promise, things are just hectic right now >_<

Delwyn grinned with her as Tala laughed. She definitely had the pose of someone older than he, so he'd been concerned that she'd be too 'serious' to talk to him: definitely the problem he'd had with Jefferson. "I'm sorry to say it, but I'm thinking you'll be stuck in the snow no matter where we go. I know of a cave that's probably dry enough... but we'd have trouble fitting. It was a tight squeeze when I was four months old, let alone now," he joked. His blazing orange eyes cast around the cold, cloudy field, looking for something interesting to head out towards. Finding nothing, he deferred to her experience.

"Tell you what: Why don't you lead the way, and I'll follow. Maybe together we'll find something for you to eat. Or, barring that, we can just TELL the others how successful you were, and conveniently forget what actually happened." He winked at this, his grin a goofy smile. "Perhaps while we travel you can tell me a bit of yourself? It's always fun meeting someone new."

Delwyn had always been open and friendly. It was a little more forced, after his time away, but he was determined not to have changed just because of his experience with battle and death. After all, one day, he was sure, he'd prove himself to be a mighty hero within the pack. And heroes need to be willing to fight.

[/html]
[html]

Merry Christmas!! Do not worry about it one bit. I'm way backed up in replies myself. D: 3+

Though Delwyn did nothing to try and hide the fact that he was still barely past being a pup,Tala was glad that he wasn't trying to rush past it. Growing up involved this part of life, being stuck between with the mentality of a pup but the body of an adult was hard. She had still been wandering with her mother at that point, but she lost her shortly after. It had forced her to grow up, and being forced into something like that is almost never a good thing. His comment left her blinking, well, wasn't he the little smart ass. She did however chuckle softly because it was true, she couldn't escape the snow, not here, and not anywhere nearby. "A cave can only do so much, and I have no interest of shoving myself in a small space at this moment, thank you." Not to many edible creatures dwelled in small caves at this point of the year anyway, they were far to drafty and wet. Though the idea was kind of him.

Tala gave him a playfully scolding look as he mentioned fibbing to the pack about her success. "Didn't your mother ever teach you that it's rude to mock? But I won't object to the strolling. I swear my feet are about to freeze off anyways. Some movement will do me good." His wink just made her laugh, well, the pup had personality, she could give him that much. As she began to tread through the snow she let a wondrous 'hmm' escape from her throat. "Me? Well, isn't that a question. I was born in New Brunswick in the midst of a Civil War of sorts, my mother fled with myself after my fathers death and I wandered with her for a while until disease took her. I wandered until I found this pack, and I haven't left since." If that was not what he was looking for exactly she would apologize, but that used to her her life, her existence. It was a huge part of her.

Tala had made the choice to be determined enough to not let her lifestyle change who she was to a drastic degree. She was always sure to abide by what her parents had taught her so long ago, and try the best she could within her grasp to further form herself into a lady.She just hoped that if her parents could see her today they would be proud. Approaching the northern tip of Firefly Fields Tala halted to glance around, not wanting to tread further towards the Quarry.

<style type="text/css">
.wintertable2 b {font-weight:bold; color:#262626; letter-spacing:1px; }
.wintertable2 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.wintertable2 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.wintertable2 {margin:0px auto; width:400px; background-color:#E4E4E4; background-image:url(http://i54.tinypic.com/m7wc61.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #000000; padding: 232px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#636363; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
[/html]