Mentor?
Gimpy has filled in her profile, and added an NPC, and she thinks it's the right way, but she's not entirely sure. Could someone read over Gimpy's character and tell her if anything is wrong? And Gimpy is also rather intimidated by the site itself, so if someone could show her around a bit and point out important threads she might have missed Gimpy would be very appreciative. Please?
Hi!

I'm Marit, by the way Smile I'm from Norway and I play that sexy guy to your left, the Chief of AniWaya Smile I do not bite, and neither does he! He's just an old fart who likes to make blankets and tell stories to puppies.

Some notes:
- for clarification, under luperci, you could add "Mackenzie Valley Wolf" just so people can look it up easier. A google search didn't get as many hits as other species does! Smile
- 11'6 is very very tall! Smile check out this 'Souls size guide for a perhaps more accurate size chart for your character
- in his biography, you could elaborate on the event that caused him to need metal support for his legs, since that is mentioned in appearance. It made me curious! Was this perhaps why he was bullied?
- Kokopelli's size is an impossibility at 'Souls. You should check out the size guide for that as well. However, you could make him out to be the smallest possible coyote? Two feet is too little, unfortunately

I like your character(s)' story/stories! You could add something about how and why they've come to 'Souls, too. Vikas' personality seems sound and well-thought out, as well Smile

Here's some pointers on nice places to check out on the forum. It looks like a lot, and I hope I'm not scaring you away. Do ask more questions if you have any, too! Big Grin

Smart places to read stuff:
* The Quick and Dirty Guide to 'Souls (very useful if you're confused) - (click here)
* The Site Map (links to everything - get an overview) - (click here)
* The RP guide (explains concepts we have and other aspects of RPing at 'Souls) - (click here)
* The pack website of whichever pack you're wanting to join (links can be found in the site map)

Fun things:
* The Talents forum (request or give away avatars, sigs, or posting-tables/code!) - (click here)
* The Resources Thread (links to lots of stock images, lineart and other fun stuff to pimp your character with. Also info for inspiration, and writing tips!) - (click here)
* OOC Garbage (This is where we hang out and talk about everything and nothing, long as it's not related to the roleplaying! Here are also some classic forum games in the subforum "Games and fun!") - (click here)
* The Catacombs (Fun game collecting skull icons to put in your character's profile for pride and glory) - (click here)
Hey Gimpy! I read Vikas' profile and he sounds so awesome!! I'd LOVE to have a thread with you once you've settled in! I think he and Ykesha would get along swimingly. ^_^ Hit me up in PM if you want to post together!
Quote:- for clarification, under luperci, you could add "Mackenzie Valley Wolf" just so people can look it up easier. A google search didn't get as many hits as other species does! Smile

Thank you! She's done so now. <3

Quote:- 11'6 is very very tall! Smile check out this 'Souls size guide for a perhaps more accurate size chart for your character

Gimpy thought so. x3 She's trying to play Vikas and his family as abnormally large, is there any possible way Vikas can be larger than 7'6? Just by perhaps another few inches?

Quote:- in his biography, you could elaborate on the event that caused him to need metal support for his legs, since that is mentioned in appearance. It made me curious! Was this perhaps why he was bullied?

Ah, there's her bad memory again! Gimpy forgot about this story, she'll go add it now! Big Grin

Quote:- Kokopelli's size is an impossibility at 'Souls. You should check out the size guide for that as well. However, you could make him out to be the smallest possible coyote? Two feet is too little, unfortunately

Oh, she sees! Gimpy was told domestic dogs were allowed, and thought perhaps because Kokopelli was a basenji, a small domestic dog, two feet would be his tallest. She'll re-write him into a coyote. Cx

After she finishes taking your suggestions Gimpy will definitely be reading the information for most of the night. She'll probably be back with more questions. x3

Quote:Hey Gimpy! I read Vikas' profile and he sounds so awesome!! I'd LOVE to have a thread with you once you've settled in! I think he and Ykesha would get along swimingly. ^_^ Hit me up in PM if you want to post together!

Gimpy would love to thread with you! As soon as she's settled and more well-informed you'll get her pm. ^^
Hi!

Quote:Gimpy thought so. x3 She's trying to play Vikas and his family as abnormally large, is there any possible way Vikas can be larger than 7'6? Just by perhaps another few inches?

You can play a luperci larger than 7'6", but do keep in mind that characters of abnormally large stature will be expected to be played as such. You may want to look up some health problems experienced by abnormally large dogs and humans for some ideas. :3

Quote:Oh, she sees! Gimpy was told domestic dogs were allowed, and thought perhaps because Kokopelli was a basenji, a small domestic dog, two feet would be his tallest.

It is technically true that domestic dogs are allowed, though it would be good to keep in mind that 'Souls takes place two decades after the general demise of humans and it would have been difficult for most smaller dog breeds to survive -- they would have fallen prey to larger animals and been gradually exterminated without the aid of humans, especially since a majority of basenjis suffer from similar health issues. So in short, we don't expect most domestic dogs smaller than a jackal to have survived in the 'Soulsverse. :3

(More info on dogs in the 'Soulsverse can be found here.)
QUOTE (Arkham Lykoi @ Dec 20 2010, 08:37 PM)

Quote:Gimpy thought so. x3 She's trying to play Vikas and his family as abnormally large, is there any possible way Vikas can be larger than 7'6? Just by perhaps another few inches?

You can play a luperci larger than 7'6", but do keep in mind that characters of abnormally large stature will be expected to be played as such. You may want to look up some health problems experienced by abnormally large dogs and humans for some ideas. :3

[/quote]
I've always been found of playing rather large characters myself (Anann is 7'4" which quite large for a femaie), as such Ive taken note of some of the large wolves around souls (Gotta know who is actually taller than my girl there!). Here are a few examples of some of the larger characters in the soulsverse atm, that I am aware of.

The Russo's are a large family, in a couple difference sense lol, Anatoliy is 8'1"

Vigilante Haskel is also around 8'

Jazper Rhiannon-Knight and Shawchert Menue are both around 8'4" too I think by their profiles and I think they are a couple of the largest around???
QUOTE (Vikas @ Dec 20 2010, 08:21 PM)
Oh, she sees! Gimpy was told domestic dogs were allowed, and thought perhaps because Kokopelli was a basenji, a small domestic dog, two feet would be his tallest. She'll re-write him into a coyote. Cx [/quote]
Oh, sorry Gimpy! I am not an English native speaker and did not recognise "basenji" as a name for a breed; I thought it was a funky word you'd invented because of the little guy's crazy ways Tongue But now Kiri's corrected that, so I would've been wrong anyways if I said it was okay Wink