The past and the present dont seem so far apart.
[html]

ooc: --- wc: 431 (3points)* Smile

Shayna had drifted in and out of the realm of consciousness in a drowsy attempt to make the time fly. The past few days that had past dragged their heels deep into the cogs of time making every minute feel an eternity for the woman, and in the depths of her mind a eagerness to get out and do something plotted grimly and scratched impatiently upon her walls of thought. In an attempt to control her sanity she did what she always did – have a tab. She made her way to the front door quietly edging over the floorboards in a careful attempt to not disturb the household or draw attention from the members within it. The woman cracked the door open slightly slithering her thin form through it and gently turning the handle as best she could to ease the gentle clunk of the door, a frozen breath escaped her lips swirling a misty haze into the wind. The sun gave its last glimmering beam and disappeared over the horizon, night's dark cloak beginning to mask the sky.

Rummaging through her old bag she clenched her key to sanity and lit her up promptly, propping herself up against the building’s weathered shell. A sprinkling of snow cascaded from the dark descending skies destined to sit upon the already accumulated blanket of white snowflakes, and she glanced down at her stomach with a widened smile across her maw after running her hand over her fur. Her ribs weren’t as prominent to the light touch anymore but only with a deeper inspection would one discover she was underweight. What would her mother think? About the mess she’d let herself into. This, punishment of her own body, this self harm she would of called it. But the old woman did it enough to herself on regular occurrences and that was acceptable for her. ”Oh Shay, my darling, my only baby – what have you done to yourself? Your body is your temple and its time you started to treat it with some respect!” a weak sound sang across the wind. She suspected her mother’s presence to haunt her at some time or another, oh the old hag – or maybe she had just gone crazy with fatigue. It was only when the woman had felt a warm paw upon the skin of her shoulder had she really believed it was her jolting forward is disbelief, yet turning to find that she was not there. Drawing one of her last puffs from the demising stub held in between her ivory claws she glared off into the distance, the unknown.

<style type="text/css">
.Shayna_winter b {font-weight:bold; color:#dde4e7; letter-spacing:1px; }
.Shayna_winter .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.Shayna_winter p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.Shayna_winter {margin:0px auto; width:420px; background-color:#adc2c4; background-image:url(http://solacerp.net/Orin/Shayna_winter_top.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #445866; border-bottom-style: hidden; -moz-border-radius-topright:20px; -moz-border-radius-topleft:20px; -webkit-border-top-left-radius:20px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:20px; padding: 5px 0px 65px 0px; font-family: Georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#49505F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>

[/html]
[html]

You get awarded for 300+ words, aka 3 points Smile, next would be 500+, where you will get 5, and so on.

It was in fact Saul that had inspired him to start to use traps to catch smaller prey. Many a night had been devoted to this, which seemed to be an art, in truth. The yearling had chosen against attempting to make anything remotely close to advanced, as there were some simple ones that even a beginner could create. There was always the choice of using the metal fangs that had lined up Dahlias borders in the past, but those were banned from this place. It was a horrible way of catching your prey and forcing it to suffer, and what was worse was that Dahlians too could be unfortunate and step onto the device. Especially with puppies living in these lands, there was absolutely no way he would dare to create a trap that did more than catching its prey.

For once one of the simple devices had not been empty, and the male had quickly ended the fat chipmunk. It was not a particularly desired kill, but there was meat on it and he thought it would be interesting for little Eclipse to see a new animal, even if it was dead and unmoving. The idea of fatherhood remained frightening, more or less, but to think that he had wished for an abortion was horrendous to him now. He just wished he could relax and let the whole issue with his father go. The man was dead—why did Conor insist on keeping his memory and deeds fresh in his mind?

The dead animal had quickly been put into the little bag that usually accompanied the Soul male before he headed home. Outside the large house was someone he was becoming familiar with. ”Good evening,” he spoke, turning to allow lilac to scout for the disappeared sun. Days were shorter now, but soon the sun would turn. Days with rest had done Shayna good, he thought. Stepping up on to the porch, he settled next to her, figuring that there was more than enough time to converse with the exotic looking woman.

After a brief moment of hesitation, he decided to fish up a worn metal case designed for holding cigarettes. However, what he had stored there were prepared paper sticks with tobacco accompanied by an amount of marijuana. It was not often that the Alpha did the light drugs, but it happened occasionally. It was a shame that both Anselm and Rurik had left ‘Souls, but Cotl had been helpful and offered him a nice trade for a little amount of prepared joints. Now was as good time as any. Lighting it with an uncommon match, he inhaled deeply, allowing the pale smog to infest his young lungs. ”You look well,” he decided, gaze travelling to her face as he exhaled acrid smoke.

<style>
.conorvinter2 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.conorvinter2 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.conorvinter2 b {color:#6a4587; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.conorvinter2 {background-color:#e3def6; background-image:url(http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/l ... table1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:70px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #706694; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#534e65; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; }
.conorvinter2-border {width:450px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

wc: 426 (3 points)! dayumm I feel so clever now Big Grin im stuffed with turkey -.-

The woman mulled over the thought of her mother’s presence slithering around and contemplated the pros and cons of her situation with the possibilities that could lead from it. New paths, acquaintances and stories were yet to filter themselves into the hybrids life but for now she could only question why she was here and what her destiny was to fulfil. The woman slovenly pressed her weight against the layered barrier of the house and glared up into the sky, the moon’s silhouette was slightly visible eastward across the horizon from the departed sun peeking through candyfloss clouds. Deep inside her she knew she would have to leave the house sooner or later and forage a place to call home but perhaps not just yet; especially since the weather had so rapidly deteriorated over the last few days –further more she didn’t welcome the feeling of facing the cold right now.

A familiar scent wafted slightly along the breeze and the small lady smothered it with another intoxicating draw from her cigarette, the rolled up vessel shrivelling slightly in-between her fingers as if it were reclining from the frost that had started to slither into the atmosphere. Shay lifted her head up to greet her new found alpha, and on discovery that he had made the decision to spend some time to talk to her she found a fresh smile beam upon her face towards him. With his greetings she returned them gratefully ”Good Evening, Conor” she nodded towards him before turning to clasp another suction of fumes, and let them flow freely from her pout into the breeze. She wasn’t entirely surprised when he took out his small collection of roll ups – she couldn’t call them cigarettes as such, when the male struck the match her eyes caught a slight discolouration of its contents. The pinto woman turned and looked up at the tall man, in acceptance of his words nodding slightly, and velvet golden eyes casually pondered up to his. ”Yes, Im feeling a little better thanks” she replied with a dazzling smile of exquisite beauty that grew upon her maw. A small string of the man’s exhaled smog entered her nostrils and a instant warmth grew inside her mind with recollection of the smell of all the best parties she had attended ponged of, the ecstasy of adventure and experimental use of cocktails that soon bitterly resided back to the depths of her mind with the reality that it was those reckless nights that had probably caused her to end up here.

<style type="text/css">
.Shayna_winter .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:10px;}
.Shayna_winter {margin:0px auto; width:420px; background-color:#adc2c4; background-image:url(http://solacerp.net/Orin/Shayna_winter_top.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #445866; border-bottom-style: hidden; -moz-border-radius-topright:20px; -moz-border-radius-topleft:20px; -webkit-border-top-left-radius:20px; -webkit-border-top-right-radius:20px; padding: 5px 0px 65px 0px; font-family: Georgia, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#49505F; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>

[/html]
[html]

Omnom turkey! sswm 613

Her smile was lovely to behold, and he rested assured that his presence was not forced upon her. She seemed to be relatively relaxed in his presence and this soothed him as well. After all, the title he wore was nothing else than just a silly title at the end of the day, and he wished more of Dahlia de Mai’s members could realize this as well. The nature of the ranks could suggest a stricter hierarchy, but Conor was overall quite laid back. Everyone remained equals here, and though he could agree that his position was more crucial than certain others, it did not mean that he was a worthier individual than another. If a leader was to fall, there would always be another to rise up and take his place. The same applied here, but the pack’s members seemed genuinely content overall, and it made him confident to know that he had managed to mend the ruins and with the help of the pack created something worthwhile to hold on to. Haku Soul had not managed to pull the pack with him down into defeat, and in his absence the pack bloomed just the way it was meant to.

No comment rose to poke at his suspicious cancer stick, but he had not expected such a thing, seeing this woman was a smoker as well. The acrid smoke did not burn with the same intensity as it had in the start, and neither did he feel the overpowering need to cough his heart out as the intoxicating air swirled inside his lungs. He was getting accustomed to it now, and while it could have worried him a little, he paid little attention to it, instead finding himself content with the fact that it was a habit that was becoming more bearable as his body became accustomed to it. His interest in psychology had allowed him to understand exactly what the enchanted cigarette did to both lungs and body, but there were far worse habits to take up, and if the weed really did help his worn out mind, all was well. An arm settled across his ribcage and supported the elbow that belonged to the arm that held the slim joint between two fingers as he lowered the lit item from his face. Shayna replied to his words and he nodded, satisfied to hear that it was not imagined that she looked healthier.

Was this woman one of those who would choose to remain or was this just one of many stops along a lengthy path? Regardless, he would do his best to support and help her. Lavender studied the fair smile on her lips, finding it just as attractive as her unique appearance. Why was it that she had travelled alone and been allowed to get into such a poor shape? ”That’s good,” he nodded, taking his gaze from her face to stare into the darkness creeping up on to the porch. Conor had not asked a multitude of questions while the woman had stayed here with them. He believed that it was overall her choice whether or not she wanted to share her past with others, and so he really did not wish to force it. There was of course the possibility that he would never learn anything from the woman if he did not ask. ”Do you have any plans for the future, then?” he asked instead, deciding to see what she would do from here. They both knew she could not remain in this house forever, and it would be interesting to hear if she had any concrete plans for what to do next.

<style>
.conorvinter2 {background-color:#e3def6; background-image:url(http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y199/l ... table1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:70px 0px 10px 0px; border:1px solid #706694; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#534e65; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; }
.conorvinter2-border {width:450px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0 auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

sswm: 670 ooogabooga!

She was appeased her alpha had seemed to relax himself a little more in her company, and lowered her occupied hand to rest on her thigh, taking the last drape from her cigarette and winding it into the earth with her foot. She suspected her leader to be curious about her story, who wouldn’t be if a wrecked woman turned up on their doorstep out of the blue? Besides, Shay wasn’t the sort of girl to mope around in the shadows and keep herself to herself all of the time – especially in the presence of her leader, and the woman decided she would put her bit in, when the time was right.

With his question of future plans, she didn’t know what else to do but shrug and simply state ”Im unsure on that one, I want to learn new things here, make a home, and offer my services to the canines of Dahlia” a hinting edge of eagerness in the smooth tone. She turned her head back up to him with a growing glint of ambition burning in the depths of her golden orbs. ”I can sing, dance and perform some acrobatics but I want to learn more… I may be a small female but im fast and would love to learn to fight and hunt efficiently – I want to make something special of myself Conor” and she meant it, every word – genuinely from her heart, which was bizarre for a being like her to do. She decided that now was the time to try and put into words simply how her life had ended up such a wreck. ”Im a lone child, you see… my mother...She, she had problems. As soon as my father fled from her on discovery that she was carrying us, she hated us because we kept her from him, and she started abusing her body.” her hand shook slightly and she turned her head down and away, eyes pinned to the floor as she continued ” When we were born, my brothers and sisters – they were already dead because of the abuse, I was all alone. She hated me, she wouldn’t let me in the house most days, and it was my fault, for my father running away, my brothers and sisters never waking up, and my mother’s alcoholic and drug addiction, so I would leave...For days, weeks – however long it would take to get it off my mind, and I would party, every night to make it better. One day I came home, she wouldn’t answer the door, so I had to climb through the back window, but then I saw her, she wasn’t with me no more. No matter how loud I shouted her to wake up she wouldn’t” she began to struggle at that point, her determined mind trawled as much as it could to hold up the flood of emotion that filled her face, letting a single crystal clear drop depart her endless tawny eyes and shatter across the floor.

”She left me a note, it told me what to do, where my father was, and how I could get there... I was so mad, angry and confused; I didn’t know what to do anymore. So I found him, but I made sure he knew I was coming for him. I tortured him to make him pay for all the pain he caused upon my family, I made him suffer like I had, and did to him what my mother and siblings endured because of his selfish, petty actions.” At that moment she swung her leather satchel over her shoulder in view of her leader, the contents inside producing a gentle clunking sound as it settled against her hip – her eyes glistening slightly from restraining her emotion. ”This is my father-” She illustrated tapping her claws against the top of the skull – tied firmly around the leather flap, it was aged slightly with a few cracks and bumps here and there, but that was only where she had caused impact.

<style type="text/css">
</style>

[/html]
[html]

Omnom turkey! 300+

It was not uncommon that he received a full version instead of a concrete answer to his question. Shayna shrugged and revealed a general answer that made him certain that she was determined to stay here. The way she had entered Dahlia de Mai was not the traditional way. She could easily have been a loner set on leaving the moment her worn body had been granted time to heal. Conor was glad she wished to make herself useful for her fellow pack members. A gentle nod held on to his muzzle as she spoke, and he smiled, grateful that she felt confident enough to talk with such a devoted tone in her melodic voice.

She dropped a small bomb, then, and the alpha could only stand there and listen, breathing sweet and acrid smoke as she decided to share her story with him. It was a most foul one, and Conor lowered his sunset eyes. Only when he glanced up did he see that single tear travelling down her cheek and fall to the wooden floor. Some individuals were never meant to be parents. However, the story was not done yet, as he had believed, and those words caused a shiver to run through his spine. His breath hesitated as she told him so willingly of what she had done to her own father because of her mother’s mental breakdown.

As an outsider, he knew that he shouldn’t have anything he should have said in this case. Truth was that he was horrified to hear that this woman had committed such a cruel did. True, the father was not a good person for leaving a pregnant female behind, but Conor could not see how he had deserved this. He looked to the hybrid woman; wondering if honestly would be tolerated here. And now she revealed to him the skull. Face remained serene as he had lived a rather hard life himself, but he felt somewhat wary now. This little pixie was a murderer.

”So it is your father that gets the blame for your unhappy life then?” He asked, inhaling the acrid smoke, wondering if his muscles would have remained this relaxed if he had not inhaled the calming substance.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

wc: 355

He didn’t have much to say about the topic it seemed, and responded with only few words in comparison to her biography beforehand. He must have gotten this all the time; it was the only explanation she could come up with to lull her mind to rest peacefully, although she knew that his opinion of her would have been changed or distorted in some form making her lithe form quite uneasy, maybe sharing her story was a bad idea, next time she would learn to keep her trap firmly shut.

His question was reasonable, it was true that her father shouldn’t of been the output of release for her mother’s passing – but that wasn’t the whole story. If she had been given the decision herself she wouldn’t have carried through with her actions but it was already made for her, the makeup of the girl just wasn’t like that, in all truth Shayna purely hated violence. “No, it wasn’t my decision, fate had already chosen its path – or so I was told... If I were to start interfering, well complications could have turned out horribly for me and my father, they would have come for us both” She knew exactly what he would have been thinking; she was a physco-maniac, dangerous, killer…murderer. Her jaw snapped shut.

Her decision clamped down on her mind almost every day in fact, the what if’ and what if i did- differently, but nobody could turn back time or bring her father back. It was hard talking about her darkest demons with anyone – especially an outsider like Conor; she just wished he could understand her burden, everything would have seemed so unneeded and pathetic from his point of view, she assumed. For it was within the note the answers laid, those inscriptions held treacherous evils beyond any imagining and that was why she protected it so vigorously, no eyes deserved to reveal such unspeakable terror that had pushed her to the lengths of suicide herself before even thinking rationally about the situation. Nervously she wrapped her arms around her bodice, gently rocking against the cold wind awaiting his reply anxiously.

<style type="text/css">
</style>

[/html]
[html]

--

The lack of rich words from the male was the result of deep thoughts running under his skin. This was a troubling tale she revealed, and he could not help but view her differently now. Not to say that he perceived her a monster now, for he did not. They were all different, and everyone had skeletons hidden away in their closets. Who was Conor to judge anyone for what they had done in the past. Her words had shocked him somewhat, but she came from a broken home, and perhaps, if he had managed to see all from her point of perspective, that cruel choice could be something he could understand.

Ears perked at her next words, and the male held his breath in quiet anticipation, lungs burning as they kept the pale smoke captured within its fleshy prison. The Dahlian man did not understand the words she now spoke. Interfering what? And who where they? ”Who would come for you both?” He asked, deciding that he wanted to know this. But he could see that she was becoming anxious now. ”If I’m making you uncomfortable, you don’t have to tell me, Shayna.” What should matter was what she made out of her time here. He would not punish her for the things she had done before she arrived here. That wouldn’t be very fair.

<style>
</style>[/html]