Character Birthdate: May 15th, 2010
    Character Gender: Female
    Character Species: Timber wolf
    Regular Wolf or Luperci: Regular wolf
    Desired Profession Path, if any: Warrior, or hunter
    Secondary form of contact (AIM, MSN, Y!M): Kenzeekat900@yahoo.com
    Currently played characters: none
    How did you hear about 'Souls? google

Cold chills swept into Mia's face as the clouds pelting winds into her face but she kept running, just like she had for the past few days. what last rays of light that had penetrated the forest fir's was the only thing that kept the young wolf from tripping over sly tree roots and sticks that were disguised in under the darkness. It felt like father winter was creeping up on her to swipe her breathe from her sleep if she wasn't wary. It was going to be a harsh winter ahead, no pack, almost every den occupied by some sort of creature whether bear, puma, and even a badger she had confronted. So it was back to being on the move

Snap what was that?

Mia snapped her head to the northeast as the smell of elk filled her nostrils, as quite as the wind she crept under the brush near into a opening toward a female, she was smaller that the rest and the young wolfs next meal. but a small root made her stumble and now with the deer on the run Mia was after the game. She sprinted up along the ridge as the young elk in a panic stumbled below on lower ground. With one graceful jump she landed on the animals back and bit down into its jugular. Crimson blood spilled over it her muzzle dying it to the color of holly berries splashed onto the winters snow, food it had been at least a week maximum since she had eaten. As she looked around to see if there were predators that would take her new meal she noticed a old fence behind her, the old thing sent on edge and something over the smell of blood flooded her senses. Wolves.

Quickly she ran back across the fence seeing as the elk was to heavy to drag over the fence. The fence was a wall, a border to pack lands and she had well crossed it, pining over the meal that was just out of her reach she sat on her haunches. Maybe this was her chance for a new life, winter was coming up on her and there was no where else to go. Maybe they would under stand and heck maybe she could give her lost meal as a offering to the pack.

She tilted her head up with ears pivoted to the side and howled, hoping that someone would come before the elk meat went bad and it froze. All she could do now was wait.
[html]
Hola! Big Grin Sorry for the long post, I got carried away a little! Smile Don't mind Dawali, he'll soften up soon enough Wink

Dawali moved with less and less clumsiness through the snow for every day, but his paws still found it difficult to keep him stable and upright at times. His body was one not built for winter, he knew this, and he would fall or nearly fall every so often, cursing every other time under his breath. Chores took twice as long both because he found it more difficult to traverse the white substance, but also because he was simply freezing. Sure, other wolves managed fine, but Dawali's much thinner red wolf pelt served him little isolation from the elements, and cold winds pierced through to his skin with relative ease. Today, however, the Chief had learned from his mistakes, and finally given up. He rode a horse, Belle, instead of using his own legs for the usual border patrol, and while he saw this as a defeat, his appearance did not give it away even slightly. Draped in a cloak and his usual mane decorations of feathers and beads, he looked truly royal and a curious character atop the mare's back as the two traveled along the Tribe's well-trodden paths. That was, when he could see them at all, or remember where they were. Luckily, Belle was far more stable than himself and the old male invested his full trust in her as he barely led her and they walked on.

This allowed his mind to wander, and he sat immersed in his own worries when the scent of elk and blood reached his nostrils. Elk, blood, and wolf. The Chief signalled the mare to speed up from her slow, comfortable walk, and she managed something similar to a trot along the snowy path until they broke the cover of woods and the scene on the plains where their border-fences stood was clear as day. One kill, inside the fence, and one wolf, outside. Here, where there were less trees the snow was thicker, and Belle made her way over slowly, giving the Chief more than enough time to assess the situation. The female seemed rather starved, or had at least traveled for some time, and tracks proved that she had been inside their fences. Trespassing onto their territory was one thing, but to take their prey? And in this difficult season? Very different. He raised no arm to the stranger, but simply rode up to her and stared down at her from atop the horse, well aware of his intimidating stature. "You seem to have.. encountered something of ours." he said, motioning vaguely towards the dead elk with his head.

[/html]
Thats okay! its no problem i loved reading it! >w<

Mia woke from her half sleep to the sound of hooves pounding into across the snow, the scent of horse and another wolf. She looked across the fence to see a mysterious wolf and mare trot up and halt in front of the fence. The male seemed to be angry and screamed alpha with ears tilted and head hung low she watched as the other wolf nod his head toward the dead elk.

she moved from paw to paw to get warm again the snow had made her whole body icy cold and she was starving but she would wait for her next meal this was too important, so the elk was theirs and she had trespassed on their land, this defiantly wasn't starting out well. "oh um yea, see I wandered up here f-for a new pack and well I saw the elk and kind of went after it." She paused trying to find the right words, panic rising like a bile in the back of her throat. she had encountered hostile tribes before and they were not a pretty sight. "But I didn't know that it was pack lands until i had taken it down just past the fence, there was so much blood in the air i didn't notice the scent of the pack border, and I'm sorry...i didn't mean to on purpose I'm just really hungry but you can have it for your pack it was your elk in the first place..."

Mia's shoulders drooped as she looks away, not looking directly at the other wolf. she might as well leave since things didn't seem to be going well. "I think i might go, can you direct me to another pack because winter coming soon and i should find a pack before the blizzards come."
[html]
Thank you! Smile as a tip, if you put your spoken text between brackets like this: [*b]speech[*/b] (just without the stars) it becomes bolded, and easier to read! Smile
It's past midnight here in Norway, so you won't see any more replies from me until tomorrow, just so you know. Gotta sleep! Wink I'll reply in the morning if you post again tonight, though Smile

She was asleep, but the sound of hooves seemed to wake her up, though hushed in the snow. Having napped in the snow and being obviously weary from travel, Dawali wasn't surprised when she clearly showed how cold she was, her voice even stuttering a few times as she spoke. He did have an open mind, and rarely did he greet strangers such as this, but it was winter, and winter was harsh. Still, he listened, wanting to give the young girl a chance. She was, in his opinion, too young to lead a life of a loner. He gave her explanation some thought. It was pretty thin, but she was young. It could very well be true, though it surprised him that she had failed to recognise their scent markings as indicators of claimed territory; they were everywhere. Then again, if you had not been trained to understand it, you could not be expected to recognise it, either. Clearly, the girl was quite lost, and Dawali did not doubt that she may have trepsassed in other packs' lands without knowing, if she had not noticed their scent-lines or their fence. The old male glanced at the dead elk, knowing very well that if nothing, she had served his pack with a free kill. While he could chase her off at any time, it was unlike him to do so.

Before he said anything, the girl seemed to give up, and halfway turned to leave as she asked him for directions elsewhere. The Chief hesitated for a moment. "What's your name, girl?" he asked, waiting a moment before continuing with another question. "How long have you traveled?" Judging by the sight of her, she deserved the elk more than his tribe. Too bad it was on the wrong side of the fence.

[/html]
OKAY! thanks for the tip and okay that's fine :3

Mia blinked what her name? the younger wolf thought a second ago that the other wolf was furious, it was kind of confusing. "My name? um Mia Warren and since my last time i slept? maybe five days, traveling since my pack literally banished me um I think four months?" she turned back to the elder wolf and quirked her head to the side with ears back in sorrow. "I was traveling with my brother, but he was killed by a bear."

The older wolfs eyes were burning into her, it was nerve racking so all she could do was look away to his mare it was a beautiful creature its eyes filled with emotion and intelligence, she had never in fact been this close to one before she had been told stories by her brother how they could run as fast as the wind and were peaceful creatures. "Beautiful horse, whats its name?" she started to walk near the fence to get a better look at the animal but then remembered about the border and scampered back to a near fir tree that she had laid against earlier. "S-sorry, forgot about that um...whats the name of this tribe? maybe I can find my way around here, the badger i met told me about some packs but he was quite rude and didn't give me any directions. figures right?" Mia's attempt at humor seemed weak and maybe even forced, but what could the man expect from her the tension was still strong and it weighed on her shoulders like the elk that lay only 5 yards away dead and cold in the snow.

She paced a little looking down at the snow, the male seemed to have softened a little, maybe he would understand? She never really had been told about borders because most females of her old pack were to stay in the borders never to cross them lest be put in solitary for how long they were out of the packs borders, so the women of her pack only hunted inside the borders. Mia herself had crossed them several times not knowing and when she was caught to be thrown into the old human cage the pack had found in their land. She shuddered at the thought and looked at the tree root. She had to think positive at least she was out in the wild now, her brother had always loved her free spirit and helped her escape that dreadful place. Her tail swayed and twitched as she watched the other wolf. waiting for his reply.
[html]
Good morning! Wink A quick note on languages: badgers and wolves do not speak the same language. Typically, large carnivores being either cat, of the canis genus, or bear, can speak high speech. A badger, I think, would not be able to do so. Wolves can learn low speech, but low speech is usually not understood very directly word-for-word, but more stumblingly as sound patterns - much like we humans can interpret an animal, but cannot understand directly what they say. You might want to leave the badger out of the story for this reason, though are free to play as if your character has learnt low speech at some point in her life Smile

The girl answered quickly, and as she did the Chief stood puzzled by and listened. It seemed his principles were to be trumphed by his soft heart - perhaps. She was banished? Banishment could be very fair, or very unfair. He hoped, in a twisted sense, that it had been unfair in her case. That would allow her to keep her dignity and worth. Banishment for legit reasons.. well, let's just say that Dawali would likely not take her in if that was the case. "That's a pretty long time, Mia." The better of autumn and some of the beginning winter. "Why were you banished?" Perhaps he appeared inquisitive, but she had no choice but to answer him. She was cold and weary, and found to have trespassed. It appeared very much like an interrogation, for that was exactly what it is. The Chief found that he spoke less harshly than he had at first, and his dominant pose, while still clearly that of a Chief, was relaxing. This female was no threat, and his heart stung momentarily at her story of a dead brother. He'd not seen a bear kill a wolf, but he'd seen bears and he had not a slight doubt that any bear could kill a wolf with ease, should it decide to do so. It was a sad thing to lose a family member, no matter how it happened.

Surprised, the Chief arched his eyebrows, though they settled again rather quickly. He was older than most, and sometimes he forgot how very different a youth might be compared to himself, in mindset. Bending forward on the mare's back, he extended an arm and stroked her neck gently, before giving her a firm pat. "She's named Belle. She's not mine - she belongs to everyone here." It was true, but if the Chief could choose every time he needed a horse, he would always choose Belle. Most of the wolves in the tribe knew that, and as such she was often available for him to use. The Chief gave the stuttering girl a polite smile now, as the conversation moved onto more trivial things. "We call ourselves AniWaya," he stated, proudly. It was one of those sentences that rang well on your tongue, almost to the degree where it tasted nice.

[/html]
Good morning too i think i might change the color for dialogue today to black. Big Grin ohhh okay well that makes more sense i was kinda thinking that it sounded weird but i was having a dysfunctional day so i had to think something up. >3< oh hey can bears really attack a wolf? i mean i can change it if need be but i was like "hmmmm viscous attack? I think so!" xD oh is puxxled a word is so that's AMAZING!

"Yea I guess, ya got to do what you got to do right?" The younger wolf gave a huff and looked at the other Mia noticed that he must be from the south since his fur didn't seem to be to thick for the winter. Not that she was one to judge, she had only been to the south once with her father to discuss with another pack. It was to hot down there during the summer. "My banishment?" she took a long pause remembering and tried to give him the shorter version "Oh well I was to mate with the alpha's son and I refused. He was a cruel man and i didn't love him the pack thought he could tame me whether by me just being with him or him beating me into submission, so I refused and they banished me to a small cave at the end of our lands until our bonding ceremonies. My brother Caleb hated them for that so one night me and him ran away together, it was shortly after that he passed so I kind of went out on my own."

Mia's rage emerged in low and soft growled as looked at the sky, icy cobalt eyes smoldering at those pack of conformists and idiots. "I was forced out of my pack just because I refused to become a object, because I was different and i rebelled to conforming to their strict views of how a woman should be. Its sick and I shall never be like those swine!" she was panting and growling as her rage subsided a little until she looked at the other male. She had totally forgotten he was here, she stuck in her little world where she could hate those pigs openly. Now he had seen that side of her, the younger wolf couldn't tell if that was good or bad. But as she looked up into his eyes that seemed to have softened the small light of hope started to shine a little brighter. Maybe the man would understand her pain, she was completely innocent. the thought of becoming one of those women crept into the back of her mind nestled there, no she would never become one them.with one look at the beautiful horse she had calm down, its beautiful mane and steady legs showed that it was taken care of. though having it as a community horse was something that she had never thought about. "Belle, what a pretty name shes a good looking horse." Mia stood with a sneeze and a smile "And may I ask what your name is mister mystery wolf?"
[html]
Bears most definetely can attack wolves, and kill them one-on-one relatively easy, too! And puxxled is not a word, I misspelled "puzzled", sorry XD

And welcome! I'll request you titled up and put you in our ranks. I'll title you as hunter, but if you would rather have warrior simply PM me and we can change it - both slots are open and free for you to choose Smile Hooray!

The Chief listened silently for the duration of her story, and remained silent for a short moment after she finished. She gave him no reason not to believe her, and though he had never heard of any such cruel placec, the cruelness of wolves never ceased to amaze him. He had heard other stories, and some things he had seen with his very eyes. He could never imagine what it would be like to grow up in such a pack, having experienced what he believed to be true justice throughout his upbringing and life in the Great Tribe. This, he strived to continue in his own tribe. As Mia continued speaking with stronger and stronger emotion, somewhere along the storyline Dawali was won. He still appeared unchanged, however. Eventually, she calmed, and he looked at her and spoke with a less intimidating voice, though his pose remained the same, though he did not comment on what she had just told. Clearly, what had happened to her was her own story, and Dawali had no right to partake in it. "You've come a long way, Mia. Perhaps I was wrong to greet you so roughly, but the season is unforgiving and we need all the food we can get." Moments passed before he continued, glancing now back into his territory, and back at the girl. "I will believe your story. If you want, you can stay with us," he offered. Such a young girl, alone through the winter? He would not have her death on his conscience, and not after hearing her story, either. She had endured enough, and Dawali believed firmly in hospitality and respect.

"Thank you, Belle is one of our best trained mares," he said, not really knowing if it was true, but from the different horses he had used, Belle seemed to be the one best accustomed to him. Liliana would know more, but she wasn't here right now, so it didn't matter at all. "I'm Dawali Amara - most just call me by Dawali." The Chief glanced at the dead elk which lay there for no one to eat. Mia needed it, no doubt. "Enjoy your meal, Mia. You can easily follow the scents to our village afterwards, where you can find me and I can show you around, if you want." He realized that throughout this whole ordeal, his tone of voice had been rather commanding, and was suddenly certain that it might very well be his paternal instinct. It was the tone of voice he would usually take with his unruly daughters - perhaps, for some reason, he had thought the same of this lost young girl. Smiling politely, Dawali swept his arm towards the elk as an invitation before signalling to Belle to move on; the rest of the border still waited for someone to patrol them.

[/html]
Welcome to 'Souls!

Congratulations! You've been accepted into the craziest bunch of roleplayers on the vast Internet! Please remember to make your first In Character post within five days.

Not sure where or how to start roleplaying? You can check the Open Threads and Thread Requests forum for a list of open threads, as well as tons of people looking to plot out adventures with your new character! You can also start your own thread and see what kinds of interesting characters turn up for you. If you haven't already, please update your profile with detailed information on your character -- it'll help others get a feel for him/her, which in turn will help generate thread ideas.

You can also start doing other cool things like:

• Earning Word of the Day points, which can get you custom titles and even icons!
  • Fulling requirements for the Catacombs, our IC and OOC achievement system.
  • Participate in general chats and discussions in OOC Garbage.

You can find general roleplay help and guidelines, as well as a wealth of information on our werewolves and the 'Soulsverse on the RP Guide. Don't feel pressured to read it all at once though! The guide is a huge resource and is meant to be used as a reference for various aspects of the game. If you're feeling lost or confused, don't hesitate to post a question in Roleplay Aides, or to seek out a Mentor.

Oh okay, Oh that would be cool if that was a real word though! >3< Hunter is okay with me! Big Grin

Mia watched the chief as he talked, he seemed a lot like her deceased brother, he was commanding yet soft at the same time. he seemed to have a keen eye for justice and hospitality. It made her wonder, what was his childhood like? did he cross borders to pick flowers or follow a rabbit with out punishment? Were his parents kind or strict? It felt like worlds apart but somehow she could not help but feel some sort of connection with the chief, like a a father or brother like friendship. As Dawali made his offer to stay, it was going to be a cold harsh winter she could tell that already by the snow accumulated at her very feet and the chill in the air yes Father winter was going to be especially cruel this season. But when Dawali motioned to the elk she gracefully leapt across the fence with a short howl and loped over to the elk but stopped short. "Actually I would like to give this to the pack as gift for my thanks for letting me into your pack. I can start a new life, I can have have another chance to be happy." she watched as her new pack leader galloped down the borders for the patrol that the young wolf had interrupted.

With a new found mood Mia grabbed the leg of the young elk and began to drag it to the tribe, following the scents like Dawali instructed. She felt like she was walking on air, happiness wasn't found in Mia easily but having a new home who wouldn't feel like she had wings and was ready to fly to some new place, a haven, a home. She took a rest letting go of the elk's leg. It was heavy but no matter she wasn't going to eat until she was to her destination, excitement made her body shiver to where all she could do was circle the dead animal howling her joy to the sky. The young wolf didn't care if she scared any wolves near by this was a victory, a joyous occasion to be screamed to the heavens. With new motivation and energy she grabbed onto the elk and started her journey again to a new place. To her new home.