Question
If you can answer this question, I'd be gratefull!

What is that condition where you can't retain body heat?
I think you're asking about hypothermia, perhaps? That's when your body can't retain body heat and thus focuses its energy on keeping internal organs alive. When you enter hypothermia you start risking your limbs, and deep or prolonged hypothermia is a very big risk to your life.

This info may be wrong because I got it at the top of my head. Read some more here on wikipedia!

When questions are related to your roleplaying, including your new charrie, they should be posted in the questions and suggestions part of the Roleplay Information forum (where it's moved to now). Keep in mind where you post topics, please, so we don't have to relocate them so often Smile Things posted in OOC garbage should be completely roleplay-unrelated Smile
Moved the topic to where it belongs. Please take Marit's helpful words into consideration. Smile
Sorry about that! I was really tired and I didn't know where I posted it! I stayed up late and had just woken up XD Sorry!

I'm not sure thats it, I'm not thinking life threatening, maybe it is, but it's where you can't retain your body heat and are always cold even if it's like 30 degrees.
Well most people are cold at 30 degrees.... But you might be thinking of anemia, too. Its when your blood cell count is too low nad your blood is thinner, so you're usually cold all the time.
Actually anemia is an iron deficiency. *knows cause I have it*
QUOTE (Valinta LeStrange @ Jan 2 2011, 01:26 PM)
Well most people are cold at 30 degrees.... But you might be thinking of anemia, too. Its when your blood cell count is too low nad your blood is thinner, so you're usually cold all the time. [/quote]
i think she's talking about celcius <3
that translate to what? 80 something? I'm warm when it hits 80 while others are hot but dropping below 80 and into the 70s I start to get cold.
QUOTE (Ouija D'Angelo @ Jan 2 2011, 12:30 PM)
Actually anemia is an iron deficiency. *knows cause I have it* [/quote]
Oops. It's been a while since I was messing around with my dad's medical stuff XD I guess I forgot the definition. I think I was right about the thinness, though?

@Shaw: Yeah XD I realize that now.
30 Celsius would be approximately 97 Fahrenheit? But yeah, I have no idea what you are thinking about, Rose, but when I googled it I found something about Wilson's temperature syndrome? XD Idk
Iron is in the blood... it is what transports the oxygen to the cells but people who are anemic need more iron in their diet... they are also paler than others and suffer from fatigue easily... as well as the whole body heat thing... weakness, shortness of breath, dizziness/lightheadedness, irritability, inflammation or soreness of the tongue, decreased immune system (making more likely to get sick), brittle nails, arrhythmia (which is an irregular heartbeat), restless leg syndrome, poor appetite, cravings for things of non-nutritional value such as ice, dirt, and starch... of course not all happen but they all have the possibility of happening... like i lack the body heat, get sick easy, poor appetite, love ice and potatoes (which contain starch), shortness of breath (which could also be because of my asthma), and feel all dizzy and weak
I'm slightly anemic, too, and my extremities tend to get very cold quickly. This is probably closer to what you're thinking of than hypothermia, because hypothermia is really a situational condition and is not persistent(well, hopefully, lol).

Anemia sounds more like what you're talking about...
you get purple under your nails too? and get frozen fingers and toes to where you start to lose feeling in them?
Yeah, lol. Especially my feet. D: My feet are actually really cold right now, for no good reason. A lot of me tends to turn purple when I get super cold haha. My knees, feet, and fingers mostly...
I always wear two pairs of socks and sit on my feet most of the time so it is my fingers that really suffer cause they aren't covered and are typing... though I have 2 blankets to wrap up with at the puter and 3 to sleep with
Whenever I get cold my skin gets like, marbled with purple. Its weird looking but also kind of cool. I usually end up pretending to be an alien or dinosaur at that point XD but when I was younger I got called Puffle (no idea why puffle) because I was always warm. And even tho its like, mid-winter, I'm still wearing tank tops and no jackets, and I'm none worse for the wear. So I'm like the opposite of what Rose is trying to figure out XD I'm constantly warm. Sometimes too hot. My dad took me to Michigan for a hockey game a couple of weeks ago, and I actually got yelled at by him and my cousin and uncle because I kept rolling down the window because I was roasting. And the heat wasn't on that high. I'm a weirdy.
I still have no idea what Nahuel has XD Thanks of helping though. He just can't retain his bosy heat and always has to wear clothes, normally black to retain the heat for him. Dunno if this helps.
While we're not super strict as far as the realism of actual medical conditions, I would think that even if a human condition that limits the retention of body heat exists, it would be unlikely that a similar condition exists for canines. Even if the body itself is unable to retain the heat to an effective, a wolf's fur would trap and retain it. If you want a character that requires clothing to stay warm, it may be easier and more realistic to give him a skin condition, something that would thin his fur, or limit fur growth completely, preventing heat retention that way.
Kiri is smart!

Also, certain species of wolf have thin fur unsuited for the temperatures of Nova Scotia, for example wolves that live in much warmer areas. Dawali freezes his ass off in winter because his winter pelt is pretty laughable, for example Wink
Okay so Nahuel would be as such: An albino wolf with really thin fur an has lived in a hot country. Yeah, sounds good! XD Thanks Much.