Coast to Coast
[html]

OOC here: Table & Coding © Noelle; 717 words

For awhile she had been promising her son an extended trip. One away from Anathema. The boy was curious and he wanted to know what else was out there in the world. The above ground area of Anathema had pretty much been thoroughly explored since Sele had yet to venture away from the claimed territory yet. She knew that she would eventually have to in order to complete her task within the pack. So under her son's persistent begging she finally gave in and decided to head away from Anathema. She figured that she might be able to mix a bit of business with pleasure. She could go out and do her job, see what packs were about, as well as taking Juju out.

She roused the pup, waking him to leave with her. He had just turned three months old so she figured that he could make the travel with her. After all he had made the trip from New Brunswick to where the pack was located so she figured that he could easily walk over the lands of Nova Scotia. Juju eagerly got up and left the cave, having to continuously look back and make sure that his mother was keeping up with him. He was eager to go, eager to get away from the pack for awhile. To get his first chance to go out and explore other places. To see some faces besides those that lived in the cave system of the pack or the prey animals that were eaten. Maybe there would even be others his age to play with. Of course he also had Scorpius for that too. But what if he found another then both him and his cousin would have a new friend to play with.

"Pace yourself Juju." She called after the child with a chuckle. "It is not going anywhere and you are just going to tire yourself out if you keep that up." And that really wouldn't be good since Sele walked on her hands and would be unable to carry him easily. She hadn't mastered walking upright on her feet so it wasn't like she could just switch to walking upright and picking him up to carry him. She got a sensation akin to vertigo when she stood up and just couldn't stay on her feet. She would always topple over. Since she was traveling alone, just her and the pup, she really didn't need him to exhaust himself before they even got started.

The trip was a long one and she was glad that she had gotten an early start. Eventually though she reached the borders of a pack. She hadn't really been looking for this pack in particular but had actually been heading to the city that her sister had told her about to pick up some stuff for the den and things for Juju to occupy himself with. She had stumbled upon the pack by accident actually. Though she figured that she could head over into the city before heading back to Anathema. After all she had been considering doing her job lately and starting some relations in other packs. This was an opportunity to do that. An opportunity to show her sister that she wasn't useless.

The young boy was about to amble on forwards but Sele stopped him and called him back. "You can't just walk in there Juju. We have to sit and wait to be invited." She explained to the youth that was eager to meet some new faces. And of course in his eagerness he started yipping loudly to try and attract attention. All Sele could do was laugh and shake her head. "What are you doing?" She asked him only to receive the explanation that he was trying to make someone hurry up and come. "You can't do that. It might not be liked." The patient explanation was given as she placed her feet down so that she could sit on her knees and wait. She reached out to pick up the pup and place him on her lap to wait with her in order to make sure that he didn't run off. Of course Juju struggled to get away since he didn't want to just sit still and wait. He wanted to make something happen.

[/html]
[html]

sosuwrimo: 466

Within the borders of her home, Magnolia was a princess. She seemed to have everyone under her spell, and the little girl knew how to use it. Maggie didn’t depend on Momma anymore, and she started to grow up and started acting like a big girl. She was smarter than Foxglove or Poppy. Though she didn’t see her sisters that much anymore, it didn’t matter. Maggie always preferred to be by herself and do adventures her own way. Foxglove never wanted to do anything, and Poppy was always the one to mess things up. It was always better when it was just her. Maggie knew the land better than either of them, and she always tried to make her Momma proud. Today was no exception. Maggie knew the lay of the land and wanted to push past it. Maggie headed north, after saying goodbye to Momma and her sisters. Poppy demanded to know where she was going, but the silvery girl just replied, “Somewhere,” before walking away from her sister’s irritating bark. It didn’t really matter where she went, so long as she was exploring.

The little girl walked past the common areas of Dahlia, wondering where everyone was. Usually, walking around the packlands let her see other members of the pack that always gave her attention. The girl was slightly put out, but didn’t let it bother her. She kept walking because she still knew where she was. Despite her size, the girl was a fast walker who trotted along a path she often took, every so often looking back to see if anyone was around her just for the sake of company.

Before she realized it, the sun was drooping and getting ready to set. She hadn’t really gone too far because every so often she would run off the path, especially if she saw a rabbit she could chase. She, like always, never really had anywhere to go, so she just went wherever her little silery white paws took her. Momma would start to wonder where she wandered off to, but today she wanted to go where she had never been to before. Her paws took her to the northern borders of Dahlia de Mai, where she knew her mother had never taken her before. It didn’t seem so far, or scary, just that it smelled less like home.

However, her aimless walk and daze session was cut off by another puppy, around her same age. She smiled, before letting out a high-pitched bark that echoed through the trees. Before she even realized it her feet broke out in a run, interested to see who it was. Maggie noticed the other wolf finally, which was when she got nervous. Instead of going up to the puppy, she stood motionless, wary of the strangers.

<style>
.magnoliabug-text {padding:0px 5px;}
.magnoliabug p {padding:5px 0px; text-indent:15px; margin:5px;}
.magnoliabug b {color:#fca939; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; }
.magnoliabug {width:400px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#ce2426; background-image:url(http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/3090/souls56.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:6px 0px 260px 0px; font-family: 'palatino linotype', palatino, serif; font-size:13px; color:#9bbe23; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:3px double #000000;}
</style>
[/html]

Table by fae! <3
[html]

OOC here: Table & Coding © Noelle; 517 words

Juju really didn't like sitting around. It was no fun. He wanted to be out running about and playing, not just sitting around and waiting if someone might or might not show up. He whined and pawed at the ground, looking up at his mom for some relief to his boredom. But he wasn't to find it through her. Instead the bark came from the opposite direction. He turned around and saw another pup. He returned her cry and ran over to meet her. His tail wagged excitedly as he gave a playful growl and made to try and pounce on her.

"No Juju, that is a girl. You can't play rough with her." Selene said as she reached out to pull him away. She placed her pup right back down beside her. "You have to play gently with her. You can't be mean." She scolded him gently, trying to teach him the difference between playing with a girl and playing with a boy. "You have to be careful not to hurt her and treat her nicely." She patiently explained to him. After all these would prove to be life lessons, something to stick with him as he grew up and got older. He had to start learning now how to treat the fairer sex. "If you are going to play then you have to play nice."

After she finished her talk with her son she looked over to the little girl. "Hey there little one, what is your name?" She questioned the pup. "I'm Selene and this is Juju. She figured it would be best to go ahead and introduce herself and her son. That perhaps it would have her feeling better and not so afraid and cautious and wary as she was. "We are from Anathema. What place is this that you live? Maybe your mom can bring you over to play with Juju sometime. Or the other pups. Scorpius is also around your age."

She wasn't certain how her parents would feel about it but the offer still stood anyways. It could help to form some interpack relations. Perhaps even some kind of alliance or working relationship. Certainly Nani would like that. It would prove that Sele was of some use after all. That maybe she wasn't just a burden. She certainly needed some big spectacle after all. Some grand display of her worth. This could just be it. Of course it would be done through her son. But still, it would be something at least. The thought even had the female smiling a bit more.

"We were going to the city to find some toys for Juju. Has you mother taken you there yet? Perhaps on our way back home we can bring something to leave right here for you." It was an idea. If you a pamper a child it could possibly be a way to get on a parent's good side. Or at least it built a pleasant start with the next generation. And with the suggestion Juju had nodded eagerly and bounced back over to the other pup. He made to lick at her face where he normally would have tried chewing on it but he didn't want to get fussed at again.

[/html]
[html]

So I tried to write this reply like 4 times before I went on vacation, and every time it just never happened. Sorry. X_X; my inspiration for magnolia is less than zero right now. Sosuwrimo: 472

They didn’t smell like home. The woman in front of her was definitely not like her family in Dahlia de Mai, but Maggie also didn’t know where they came from, either. The puppy ran up to Magnolia, and the little girl let out a whimper of excitement as they almost tackled for a second, before he got whisked away by his mother. Magnolia pouted, letting out another high-pitched puppy whine because she wanted her friend to come back. “Juju and I can play! It’s okay, I hate playing with my sisters all the time, they never like doing anything fun,” The silver-haired girl looked up at the cream-colored woman in front of her, realizing she was probably very protective of her son. It made Maggie sad, because Juju looked like he wanted to have as much fun as Maggie did. Magnolia was also far more adventurous than any girl she knew, and always considered herself a bit of a tomboy. She loved adventurous and she wasn’t afraid to get a little mud on her. Though she did act like a princess half the time, when it really mattered, the girl wasn’t afraid to do anything.

“I’m Maggie Monroe,” the little one replied sheepishly, wary of her new friend’s mother. “I don’t know what Anathema is, miss Selene, but I live in Dahlia de Mai with my momma and my two sisters Foxglove and Poppy. Can Juju stay and play for a while?” she asked, injecting more confidence into her shaky voice. This lady freaked her out a bit, but the little girl let it slide. She could be a new friend, just like Malachi turned out to be, and besides, she wanted to play with Juju some more.

Magnolia turned to her new friend, and jumped into her favorite play stance, paws out in front of her face, behind in the air, tail wagging furiously. She yipped in the boy’s face, giggling and laughing. Hopefully he would play with her some more, but his mother started talking to her again so she promptly stopped. “What city? Momma hasn’t taken me anywhere outside of the packlands. Do you know my momma, Lolita? But the only time I go out is when I go exploring myself. Or maybe Juju and I can go play where you guys live while you’re looking for toys? I do like exploring, and I’ve never been there. It sounds like fun,” she said to her friend, meaning his packlands.

Juju gave the Monroe girl a lick, and she smiled before batting his face away with her paws in fake annoyance. “Or can you guys stay a bit before you go to the city?”She said, hoping to keep this new friend around for as long as possible. She would do anything to keep him playing games with her.

<style>
.magnoliaflow-text {padding:0px 5px;}
.magnoliaflow p {padding:5px 0px; text-indent:15px; margin:5px;}
.magnoliaflow b {color:#f7921f; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; }
.magnoliaflow {width:355px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#0e284b; background-image:url(http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/5232/souls57copy.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:6px 0px 370px 0px; font-family: 'palatino linotype', palatino, serif; font-size:13px; color:#e7899d; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:3px double #000000;}
</style>
[/html]
Table by fae! <3
[html]

OOC here: Table & Coding © Noelle; It is fine hun, I know how that can get. I've had that happen on a few replies; 512 words

She listened to everything that the girl had to say before speaking up. "I can't say that I know your mother, Maggie." Then again there weren't too many that Sele did know since it had been quite awhile since she was last in the area. And well, not in this area actually. She had lived in the old Souls area. So all of this was new to her still after having spent so long over in New Brunswick. "But maybe I can talk to her at some point and see what she has to say about you visiting Anathema to play with Juju. There are plenty of caves there to explore." At least Juju and Scorpius seemed to enjoy running about the caves and exploring and finding new paths and dens to hide out in. And well the girl said that she liked adventures, what was not adventurous than exploring a vast cave system? But of course Sele would want to make sure that it was okay with the child's parents first. She didn't see what it would hurt to have new playmates though.

Juju laughed as his face was batted at and turned his head to try and lick at the girl's paws. The boy flopped to the ground to lay on his back so that he could reach all of his paws up towards Maggie in order to try and pull her down as well. "I suppose that we can stay for a bit so that you and Juju can play. It was a long walk to get here." Watching the way the pups interacted and seemed to get along had her agreeing. And well, Juju had been good on the trip so far that he deserved to spend some time with someone close to his age. Besides, it would do good for him to socialize outside of the pack. Just because she didn't like to leave home too often didn't mean that she should limit her son.

Sele looked away from the pups in order to glance into the pack lands, checking for anyone else. After all she didn't want Juju in trouble for having crossed the borders. She didn't feel that the punishment would be too harsh since he was so young. And well, he wasn't causing any real trouble but only seeking to play with what was possibly a new friend. While Sele was distracted Juju lifted himself up enough to aim a playful nip at the other pup's chin. His little tail wagged eagerly as he grinned up at the young female. He was used to having only Scorpius to play with so he was glad and eager to have someone besides his cousin to play and socialize with. He loved his cousin but sometimes it was more fun to have someone new to play with. And well, he couldn't wait to get home and tell the other boy all about the new pup that he had met. And how that maybe she could come visit and the Scorpius could get to play with her too.

[/html]
[html]

sorry for the delay :x

“Oooh ooh oooh can you! My momma lives with me in a house in Dahlia and she knows I like exploring and making friends. Or maybe sometime I can come visit you! You have caves?” She said excitedly, instantly imagining all the fun places Juju and her could go to. Caves sounded absolutely wonderful to the silvery, mohawked girl. It seemed all too perfect. All that mattered now was getting this stranger to talk to her ever-absent mother.

Juju and Magnolia began to play, and the little girl got caught in a fit of laughter. She giggled as the two contrasting pups batted and play-bit each other. Juju’s position on the ground led Maggie to lunge for him, eventually falling to the snowy ground as well. The two were caught in a mock battle using only their feet, and Magnolia let out another set of dainty, impish laughs.

The Monroe girl turned to Selene after a bit more play with Juju. “Do you like where you live?” She asked boldly, excited to hear more about her new friend’s home. “I bet everyone plays in the caves. I bet you do, Juju!” she said happily, offering the male a small whack to his maw.

<style>
.magdark-text {padding:0px 10px;}
.magdark {padding:5px 0px; text-indent:25px; margin:0px;}
.magdark b {color:#19470d; font-weight:bold;}
.magdark {width:360px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#020100; background-image:url(http://img23.imageshack.us/img23/2056/souls76.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:287px 0px 10px 0px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#996633; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:14px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:1px solid #000000;}
</style>

table by fae <33
[/html]
[html]

OOC here: Table & Coding © Noelle; It is fine hun; 308 words

She was glad the pups were getting along. That Juju had found someone else to play with. Now if only she could get the girl's mother to agree. After all it was just a ways back to Anathema from here. She might not want her little girl going to far away with someone that was just met. She could understand how strange that would seem. Could understand and wariness that came of that. Of course she needed to find the girl's mother and talk to her first. Or maybe the pup could speak with her own mother since Sele wasn't certain just what to say to end up making her agree to let the young female pup come for a visit.

She smiled and nodded her head. "Yes, there are caves. We sleep inside of them. Still there are plenty more to explore." She found that Juju really liked exploring and playing in the cave system while she enjoyed the comfort and protection she felt while being underground. No one would be able to sneak in without notice. And if they did then they risked injury and entrapment in the dead ends and such where traps were placed.

Juju laughed as he play battled with the little girl. When she turned her attention away from him he got up in order to try and flop the upper half of his body across hers and nuzzle his face into her neck, trying to get her attention back. "Yes, I really like the caves. Feel safe in there where no one else can spy and see." It might seem strange to others to live underground but Sele really liked it. She would even agree that other's should try it out. Sele honestly couldn't think of any better place to live, any other place that she would ever dream of living.

[/html]
[html]

shall we wrap this up? ^^;

“That’s so cool!” The young girl said happily, failing at dividing her attention between her new playmate and his mother. She was trying to look mature and have a decent conversation with Selene, but Juju pushed his weight on the little girl, so she pretended to be mad as she squirmed away from the male. Maggie grabbed Juju’s paws in her mouth, very daintily, but with the intention to get him to stop playing for a moment so she could talk to Selene seriously without being bothered.

“Well, I need to go ask Momma if I can have a playdate with Juju sometime, so maybe I should head home. It’ll take a while for me to go back anyway. Juju, I’ll see you soon,” The Monroe girl said happily, giving her friend one last little nuzzle before separating herself from her new friend. “Think of all the fun stuff we can do in the caves, Juju, so when I come visit we’ll have a million things to do!” She said, turning back towards Dahlia de Mai. She’d be back soon enough, maybe when both of them were a little earlier, and then she could stay for a few days and then Juju could come to Dahlia where she knew all the great puppy hideouts.

<style>
.magnoliabug-text {padding:0px 5px;}
.magnoliabug p {padding:5px 0px; text-indent:15px; margin:5px;}
.magnoliabug b {color:#fca939; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; }
.magnoliabug {width:400px; margin:0 auto; background-color:#ce2426; background-image:url(http://img820.imageshack.us/img820/3090/souls56.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position:fixed; padding:6px 0px 260px 0px; font-family: 'palatino linotype', palatino, serif; font-size:13px; color:#9bbe23; word-spacing:.2px; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.1px; text-align:justify; border:3px double #000000;}
</style>
[/html]

Table by fae! <3