We'll figure all this out
[html]

WC 777 ... really!

Her last venture into Cour des Miracles had been bittersweet. She had returned to her former pack lands unannounced to pay a visit to her brother, but when she arrived that chilly night she could not find him. She wandered the familiar places of the Court in search of her silvery sibling, but his habits and haunts had changed by then and she was unable to find him that night. She had, however, run into her old friend Mars Russo, who seemed somewhat delighted to see her, and she certainly had been happy to find him. They struck up a conversation about what Orin had been up to, where she had gone off to when she disappeared from the Court. She told him about the wonders of Cercatori D’Arte, and to her surprise the man returned to the Cercatori pack lands with her. She was happy to have brought a friend back, though making someone defect from the Court had not been her intention. Still, she supposed since Mars had just been accepted into the pack by Skye a couple days ago, perhaps the Court would not yet know, and not be upset with her… if that was the kind of thing anyone would be upset about.

Nothing would keep her away from her brother for long, though, so certainly not a few people’s opinions of her would scare her away. She bit down on the last sliver of insecurity she felt wrench inside of her, and moved across the borders of Cour des Miracles.

At first she never would have thought twice about entering the lands unattended. This had been her first home, and she felt welcome here, but the longer she had been away, the more distant she began to feel. Orin was finally starting to get the sensation of being a guest, rather than a welcome friend. Still, no one had done anything to make her feel that way… Perhaps it was just her own silly frets over the Russo man that was responsible for it?

Maybe I should just make myself known… she thought this time, though she continued to trek through the woods of Cour des Miracles without slowing her pace. Certainly no one around… At least, nobody around who did not have a beginner’s skill in stealth. Anything more than that, and Orin probably would not notice them anyway. She breathed deeply as she treaded lightly through the snow laden forest, enjoying the scent of the Court’s foliage. It reminded her of a beautiful time, of when she and Niro first docked in the Northern lands, in winter, and had met Jac and Firefly on the coast of Cour des Miracles. Was that really almost a year ago now?

Finally, as she trudged deeper into the woods, the Takekuro woman tipped her head back and let out a singsong howl, alerting the members of the Court to her presence. She was here, and she was heading towards the Chien Hotel, the most familiar of all places to her. She called a second time, letting the beautiful wolfsong linger, and ensuring that anyone who may be concerned could pinpoint her location and intercept her if she was viewed as a trespasser. Afterwards, she paused for a minute before walking on. That felt… odd. Her heart tripped in her chest and she felt choked up as the sadness of reality finally jerked at her heartstrings. She was no longer a part of Cour des Miracles, her first pack. She was only an outsider now, a friend at best.

Her eyes cast downwards as she walked, watching her foot-paws make small prints in the blanket of snow. But Cercatori has been good for me, she reassured herself silently. I’m growing. I’m contributing. I miss Niro, but we’re not all that far away and we can visit each other all the time. She nodded to herself and forced her eyes upwards, swallowing the lump in her throat and taking a deep breath. The iron gates of the Chien Hotel were now in view. She smiled against her sadness for just a moment more, and soon the prospect of seeing her brother began to lighten her spirits. By the time she reached the gateway her mood had improved tenfold, and her long, pink tail swished in the snow at her feet.

A genuine smile pressed onto her muzzle, now, and she wrapped her petite fingers around the cold, icy iron of the gates. Last time she had come, late at night, Niro wasn’t here. It was about noon, now, and she hoped he would be around. If not in the hotel, then perhaps someplace close by.

[/html]
[html]

WC: 325 OOC:ugh written early morning, my apologies

Niro was working with Marahute and Tobias, though he was sticking close to the stables. He had been working with them for some time again, and now he thought they would be ready for another hunt. He on the other hand was having his own doubts, with his injury still in his head, he didn’t want to try another hunt and do it all over again. It worried him. He watched the two birds as they flew overhead. Suddenly a familiar voice sang to the sky, his ears perked. Again it sang, and he couldn’t help but get excited, he called for his birds to come, then raced to the Mansion where he interpreted the message. He ran as fast as his two legs could take him, his own injury would be hurting him after he was done, but that mattered little to him. His sister was here! He saw her as she gazed at the hotel, their old home. He had not lived there, not since she left to find Liliya. He came up from behind her and took a pile of snow, molded it and tossed it her way, though he was aiming for the bars. The snow hit them, and he stood, with his stupid grin, waiting for his sister to turn around and greet him.

What are you doing here flowerhead??

He asked, indicating a rare nickname he used with her, it wasn’t meant to be mean, it was just his own way of saying he loved her without actually doing it in a fashion that women did. He still loved calling her names, and being siblings he would continue to do so, as she would do the same. The birds were not long in coming, though the hawk didn’t land on Niro’s shoulders, instead Tobias planted himself on the iron gates. Marahute, however found it too cold to sit on anything but Niro’s shoulders and landed on his left one.

[/html]
[html]

ooc... wc 518

The Takekuro woman jumped as a ball of snow crashed into the bars right before her eyes. The packed ball of powder exploded when it collided with the iron gates and sent chunks of ice raining over both herself and the ground, and what with Orin's ivory fur, no matter where it landed it blended in. Her eyes went wide with surprise, and just as quickly as it had happened she whipped around, screwing a divot into the snow beneath her foot paws as she went. That familiar, comforting voice was already slinging a playful insult before she could even lay eyes on the silvery fur, but once he was in focus all of her worries melted away. They were together again! Even though it was only temporary, and soon enough Orin would be heading back to Cercatori D'Arte, all that mattered right now was that they were together. She had not seen her brother – her protector, her savior, her best friend – in over a month, and the time apart had begun to eat at her.

She probably would have wondered if it chewed Niro up inside as much as it did her, but she was certain that it did. She knew the only reason he had not come to visit her in Cercatori by now was because of his injury. He had been hurt so badly in that hunting accident that she would forgive him for not visiting yet. Though perhaps she could arrange something with Mars and Vox... would the stallion pull a carriage? That is... if they could find a useful carriage.

Oh, forget all of that! He was here! Finally one of her surprise visits to Cour des Miracles had been fruitful! She would not have to feel the same disappointment that she had that night a few weeks ago when she had come to visit her brother but could not find him. Her dear, loving Niro.

“Chickenhead!” she squealed lovingly as she bounced up and down. After all, all is fair in love and sibling rivalry, and his mohawked crown could put any rooster to shame. She dug her feet out of the sunken snow she had created and ran over to him, colliding with him at full force. He was injured and may not be able to hold her weight up at the moment, but there was a blanket of soft snow all around to catch them should they fall. Though, hopefully for her sake, Marahute would be able to take wing before that happened.

She laughed. It was a sound of pure happiness that reverberated from the core of her soul – this was how elated she was to finally see her brother again. The embrace tightened as Orin began to speak, “Niro! I've missed you so much! Where have you been? I've come to the Court twice looking for you, but couldn't find you. I guess I don't know where you live anymore. Ooh!” that gave her an idea, and she held her finger up to accentuate the idea. “You live someplace new? Show me!”

[/html]
[html]

WC: 316 OOC: you so ninja posted me, I did NOT see this XD

Orin was surprised as he thought she would be and soon he saw the normal animatedness in the young woman that he’d seen all his life and grinned when she gave him her nickname, which was a bit worse than flowerhead, but he deserved it in any case. He smiled as he watched her lunge herself at him, though he had been injured his leg was close to fully healing so he was able to hold up for a few seconds before he plopped on his butt. Marahute had foresaw what was coming and was already perched in a tree giving the pink haired girl a distasteful look.

Oh it is good to see you sister? How have things been? You’ve been looking for me? I’m afraid to say I have moved, me and Amaranth live in our own cave near the ocean.

He laughed at her energy, she had the energy of ten puppies put together, but oh it was so good to see his sister, and he was glad to have the ability to do so as she didn’t live far… he couldn’t say that he would want to visit the pack she lived in… he did not enjoy the male that had taken his sister away… at least the thought of the big red man.

So have all your dreams come true yet?

A sly grin grew across his face as he and her stood, he wiped his legs and back off of the white dust that covered it now, though it was little difference in his appearance as his fur had lightened for the winter. He was actually hoping that it didn’t go well and that she wanted to stay here again, but it seemed things were still going as smoothly as ever, well… they had to part ways, at least this way they had an option to see each other again.

[/html]
[html]

ooc... 407

Niro was only able to hold out for a moment and Orin laughed merrily as the two fell to the snow in a pile of grays, pink, and white. “Pinned ya!” she chortled and rolled off Niro before he could show her that she, in fact, did not have him pinned. She lay next to him in the bed of snow and enjoyed the sensation of their reunion. There was so much familiarity with him, so much safety, the atmosphere was a salve to her soul. When he started to get up she tugged on his tail, but after a short jerk she released it so he could stand. Orin followed suit, brushing the invisible snow from her milky coat.

“You two are still together? Aww, that's great! Are you maaaaaried yet?” Not all Luperci adopted the tradition of a mate-ship ceremony, but it was the sentiment of her tease that was important. She giggled, “I want to see your romantic little love nest by the ocean. Have you been practicing the fishing techniques Rurik taught you?”

A new grin spanned her muzzle as she remembered that day. The Takekuros had only been in the Court for a little while when they came across the Russos on the beach. They lounged on a small island, Rurik fished while Liliya cooked the profits. They had invited them to sit and celebrate with them and the siblings happily obliged. That was the first day Orin had ever tried alcohol. Like the alcohol in her throat that evening, the day was forever branded on her memory.

“Actually,” she began, “no, all of my dreams have not come true because you have yet to move to Cercatori with me. But! Yes, I have been very happy there. I have my own home – a bookstore!! I live on the second floor and the first is filled with shelves and shelves of books, most of them are still usable. Oh, you should come see it! Of course, I'm still doing some repairs and making a couple improvements... but I have no problem putting you to work!”

She heard a chitter and her ears twitched. Orin glanced around, searching for the sound, and met the assessing gaze of the eagle on the branch. She watched Marahute for a moment before sidestepping around Niro and slipping up behind him.

“Niro...” she whispered. “Is she gonna eat me?”

[/html]
[html]

WC: 414 OOC: <3!!!

Oh you are such a cheater!

Niro said as she bounded off him after claiming she had him beat. Then as he was getting up she pulled on his tail, and he tried to get out of her grip, and when she finally let go he stumbled. He nearly fell flat on his face if it weren’t for his already good balance. Niro rolled his eyes at her question.

We have been mates since before I saw you last…

That had been the day she moved and he had to embarrassingly state things in front another wolf he’d just met and already didn’t like. He didn’t go through any Ceremonies though. The pack was too busy for such a think. He asked and she said yes. That seemed all there was to it. Niro shrugged

I have fished a few times since. I’m still not too great but I’m learning.

He said. The day he went fishing with Clover had been a thing of luck. After that he tried a few times and always ended up sending back what he had caught. It wasn’t as easy as he thought.

Oh you won’t be seeing me move there. My home is here… though…

He hesitated not sure if he should let her know about his children. He stopped though as she continued on. And he couldn’t help but smile.

Well I don’t feel too bad for helping out my favorite sister.

He said teasingly.

Maybe when I get a chance after seeing my girls I’ll go and visit you and make sure you are living in a proper home.

He said. Oh he was proud of just slipping that so non-chalauntly. He was going to know she was expecting him to mean more females he was with. Oh it would bring up more questions but that was the fun in all this. Orin suddenly slipped up behind him. His eyes followed her then he looked up at the tree where the ruffled eagle sat.

Her? Shes’ a big softie!

he whistled and held out his hand where the bird flew to him and perched there. He had forgotten his gloves so her claws were quite uncomfortable but he was use to this. He then started moving away from the hotel, sure that Orin would follow… unless she was too scared of Marahute, well she’d either endure or he could call her away in any case he knew she had nothing to fear from the eagle.

Table by Nuki
[/html]