And how many of you feel ashamed
[html]
ooc- private in the mansion - plus i suck at emotional posts :|

The pain was dulled for now, the craze subsided for the current moment. Who was to say it wouldn't come back? Hopefully, it would stay away for some time, leaving Cass to clean up his broken and torn life. He was attacked, coming back to happiness with his father's arrival, but then torn from it again with his later disappearance. His emotions were thrown back and forth, left and right, and every other direction in between. At this moment, his life looked like a roller coaster gone so very wrong.

The hybrid lay in his bed, slightly stained with the blood from his bandages, in his small sized loft. Gadget was sleeping quietly in the corner, in a shaded space under the window where the sun shined through - albeit dimly. His purple eyes stared into the ceiling sadly, his body unmoving. He didn't want to move not because it was painful, but there was nothing else he could do. He was useless, unable to do any good work or do his job. He was. sadly enough, out of commission for a while. A good while. His white shirt covered his bandages and his shorts remained on as well. His goggles adorned his head once more although his hair still needed to be cut.

He did not get any visitors, probably because no one wanted him to rage at them, or maybe because of the metallic smell of blood that stayed in his room. Or because he didn't have any friends in the first place. Cotl hardly counted since that guy was crazy as fuck. But as of recently, so was Cass. The Southerner sighed deeply. It was going to be a long couple of months (or maybe a year) until his wounds healed and he was back on track. For now. he was bored as hell and in some mighty pain.

Word Count: 300+

[/html]
[html]

wc: 3+
SoSuWriMo: 455

The days had stretched, lately, offering the Lykoi princess a manner of timelessness. She found herself with nothing to do - No war to stop, only peace to spread. And, well, lets be honest: Sage was so much better at that sort of thing. It wasn't that China had regressed at all from her hippie attitude, for her love for life and for the generous and merciful earthmother was strong as ever. It was more her people skills that were not quite up to scratch.

The members of Inferni were different to the sappy souls she was used to, and the girl found it difficult to adjust. She didn't understand why it was that some members found her lackadaisical wanderings a cause for irritation, just as she couldn't comprehend their avid bloodlust for the battle fray. Her mannerisms were more apt to baffle these murderous strangers than it was to convert them.

China cared little. She was not one to be swayed by self-betterment, or be changed by the opinions of others. She just went on going on, wandering as she wished, dwelling where she pleased.

One such bout of boredom had brought her, inexplicably but unavoidably, to the mansion. It was sheer luck that the usual hauntress, one who might not have taken a'tall kindly to the girl's uselessness, was not about to be seen. Thus unhindered, China wandered the empty corridors like a curious wraith. A friendly plume of white smoke trailed along behind her dainty form, its source a new joint held familiarly between tan fingers.

Closed doors confused her. She had never seen so many of them in her life. Why did the inhabitants wish to shut themselves off in these claustrophobic rooms? Why did they not wish to be interconnected with the living folks around them? A slight frown daunted pretty features, as coyly slanted eyes of deviant cerulean darted to a new room she had entered, grander than the rest. Onwards, then, always seeking interaction, went the pixie lovechild.

Finally, her stroll brought her to a dead end, and at that dead end, another door. This one, however, was different - It was open. What manner of delightful inhabitant had left their door open, just so, for her to wander in? The prospect was so delightful that China found herself leaning into the frame, surveying the depths therein.

The first notable thing was the stench of blood. It was gross, and her dainty charcoal nose crinkled in repulsion. Next, was the inhabitant - Far less gross than the smell. Rather comely, in fact, apart from his utterly morose appearance. "You a'ight there, love?" Came lilting voice accompanied by a curious Cheshire grin as, uninvited, China stepped into the room.

Speak think walk

[/html]
[html]
ooc-

Cassius turned his head aside. The sounds of creaking filled his ears from the hallway. he wasn't sure if someone was just around the corner or if the old house was just creaking by itself. The mansion seemed to be about a "billiondy" years old (from Cass' rather childish standpoint anyway) and made sounds at random times without provocation. Still, he eyed the doorway, awaiting who or whatever came along to pay him a visit - or not.

However, it seemed that today he got a little gift. A woman (although not very old - more like a teenager) stuck her head into the doorway, although did not step inside just yet. Her nose twitched at the first sign of blood in the room, which was respectable to Cass. It did smell a bit like ass in there. She asked him if he was alright - which was of course a dumb question, but Cass was polite at this point - and she stepped into the room.

The hybrid coughed a little, sounding as if he had quite a bit of gunk in his throat. He smiled still, and responded to the girl. "Weh, I dunno," he chuckled weakly. "Whatssit look like to ya?" He propped his pillow up, so he could sit up to talk to the girl properly. "I ain't seen yer face 'round 'ere afore. Y'all new?" She looked similar to Razekiel, who had spoken about having kids himself. She certainly spoke like him. Maybe this was one? Gadget stirred in the corner, opening an eye to watch the newcomer as she stood in his room. The ringtail stayed where he was, but did not dare to take a step near Cass nor the female, for fear of any kind of repeat from earlier in the week.

Word Count: 300

[/html]
[html]

SoSuWriMo: 306

The poor creature on the bed lifted himself up to get a better look at her, and China felt a swell of sympathy bloom in her chest. Poor sap, she could see him to be all bandaged up beneath that white shirt. Desperately she hoped his inflictions to have been some sort of accident - Just when Inferni seemed to be growing on her, a new wave of violence would come to unsettle the porcelain girl.

He coughed, too, and it wasn't a too-much-jointsmoke cough, it was a I'm-sick cough. Cerulean eyes softened their hard and curious edge. "Looks pretty grim, honey. I don't suppose you've somethin' contagious?" But even as she asked it, China had already decided she didn't care. She'd never been sick a day in her life, and the prospect of becoming so seemed pretty slim to the youth. With a few dainty steps, she invited herself to perch on the end of his bed, tucking long legs beneath her denim-clad bottom.

She did quite like the way he spoke. It was interesting, and she was easily bored. Problem solved. A pretty smile bloomed on Lykoi-blushed features, those devious Lapis Lazuli eyes looking keenly towards the man. She took a lazy drag from the smoldering joint, considering her words before answering. "Yup. Came just this moon, with my sister Sage," Another drag, and then she held the joint out to him kindly, "Was looking for my other sis, Clover, and my daddy. Ain't found him yet, but I will." There was a steely determination in her blue gaze, one that would scarce be found in the milder looks of those from Juniper Peace. China Rose Lykoi was used to getting what she wanted, eventually. "Who're you, then? I'm China Rose. Kaena is my grandmother." A pleasant smile spread on the princess' pretty face.

Speak think walk

[/html]
[html]
ooc-

The girl asked if what he had was contagious, but Cassius laughed and shook his head. "Naw, hun, I ain' sick, 'f tha's whu' you wus thinkin'. Ain' sick at all." Being attacked wasn't contagious as far as Cass knew, but he didn't know too much about fights anyway. She sat at the edge of his bed, smoking what looked like a cigarette but smelled like a skunk. Just like old Razekiel. That dude had been away for a while. but this for sure had to be one of his kids. That kind of personality ran in the family pretty strong.

She took another drag of the skunk-cigarette thing and replied to his question. She had two sisters then, and she was in fact looking for her father. An interest set of developments. She held the joint out to him, but he held his hand up hesitantly. "I.. dunno wha' tha' is..." But it didn't matter when she spoke Kaena's name. That just about sealed the deal. "Aw, I though' there wus somethin' f'miliar 'bout cha! Y'all Razekiel's kids, right? I met that crazy fella a while ago. 'Fore I got like this," he said, motioning to his broken body. "An' I'm Cassius Arphralos, but y'all can jus' call me Cass. Name's a bit of a mouthful sometimes," he joked, coughing a little bit.

"I met Kaena too, a while back. I seen 'er out by them gas stations," he continued. "'Jack's Pop and Gas", I think. Yah, tha' sounds 'bout right." He shook his head and continued on. "Well, I done met lotta yer aunts 'n uncles 'n cousins 'n all that. Y'all gotta big fam'ly 'round 'ere in 'Ferni." The Southerner coughed again, some gunk coming out this time. He sighed and patted his chest softly. "Ooh, done feels li'e I's gettin' old a li'l too early," he chuckled.

[/html]
[html]

SoSuWriMo: 335

The mention of her grandmother seemed to cheer the man up immensely. He became awfully enthusiastic about explaining how he knew Kaena to the Lykoi girl, who listened politely, more due to the fact that she was still enthralled with his manner of speaking than that she was actually interested in the content. The prior mention of him having met her father was far more intriguing to China, but she held her peace respectfully, nodding when appropriate. "Nice to meet you, Cass. You're a friendly sort, then! I quite like you already." What a peculiar thing to admit! But the silvery girl had never been one to play by society's rules, and she spoke as she wished. Besides, she really did feel an attachment to this grizzled fool, what with his funny voice and lovely violet eyes.

At the mention of her family, she sat a little straighter, blue eyes narrowing to focus on his spluttering form just a little clearer. "You don't say..." In spite of the joint nestled between her fingers, China seemed impeccably clear-minded. Perhaps her body had already built that level of tolerance to casual smoking of the drug. She was thinking of this wide-spread family he mentioned - No wonder her heart had been drawn back to this place! The Earthmother was clearly calling her here for more than just reunions sake. This was where the clay that had built her entire bloodline was founded.

Relaxing slightly, China shuffled her meager weight, crossing her legs neatly on the old mattress. She reached out to pat Cassius' leg casually, as though that might sooth his coughing. The girl knew nothing of healing, only that the marijuana might take away some of his pain. She held it out to him again. "This here is good stuff. Just take a puff of it, love. It'll help you rest easier." A sweet, innocent smile curved her maw, but still her eyes were strangely calculating. "Tell me Cass, are we related? Where are you from?"

Speak think walk

[/html]
[html]
ooc-

Cass wasn't sure how much the girl knew of her grandmother, but she seemed interested with what he was saying, regardless of the topic. He knew he spoke a little differently than most around here, but he hardly considered himself an oddity. Of anything, everyone else was more of an oddity to him. But Cass didn't like to be the judging sort. Definitely not with friendly China here. He kind of liked her, she seemed to like him, everyone was friendly over here. "Well, likewise China! I'd say I done feel tha same way," he replied happily.

China insisted that he "take a puff" of the joint, saying he would be able to rest easier. And if it healed pain, Cass would be up for anything at this moment. As he took the joint and half reluctantly took a drag, China went on to ask if they were related and where he came from. It was probably a combination of the burning sensation from the joint and the question she asked that sent Cass into a bit of a coughing fit. Hr patted his chest and went on to answer her. "Naw gurl, we ain' blood. I ain' even from 'round 'ere. I wus born 'n grew up down south in Louisianna, in tha heart o' Nawlins. Y'know, the Big Easy." He coughed a little more, then continued. "I done lived on the bayous, out in them swamps with tha gators an' stuff."

[/html]
[html]

ooc: derp, clover? if you were calling her that on purpose, my bad XD cause i just ignored it.
SoSuWriMo: 301

She was delighted to hear that he liked her back. It wasn't the kind of response that folks in Inferni tended to give her, not that she would admit to liking many of them so readily. There was just something about this fellow that made her feel calm in his company, like he was genuine. Or something ridiculously far-fetched like that. Rewarding the male with a soft peal of laughter, China relaxed her surveillance with those devious blue eyes. It wasn't like he had anything to hide from her, mangled up as the poor brute was.

Because on her second insistence, he took the joint, the Lykoi princess busied her hands by gently needing the mattress, offering him a sympathetic glance as he hacked up his lungs something terrible. Regardless, she felt like she'd done her part to help ease him somewhat. The Marijuana was good quality, and wouldn't take long to sooth.

His response disappointed her slightly. She would have liked to think herself related to him, although it didn't really matter. They were all interconnected creatures anyway, what point was there in thinking of blood-ties? Pleasant smile remained curled about the girl's maw, giving her an impish appearance. But he was speaking again, big impressive words of places she couldn't even dream of knowing. The Big Easy? That sounded like something men had used to call her mother. What a lovely place it must be! Slanted eyes lighted with an unquenchable curiosity as Cassius spoke. "Swamps... Gators?" She thought she might know what it was he was talking about - Big scary beasts that lived in the murkywaters. "Was it one of them that took that bite outta you, then?" Unassuming, the girl fixed him with her heady gaze, one tan hand gesturing to the bandages beneath his shirt.

Speak think walk

[/html]