May we meet again...!
[html]
So this takes place about 6 or so years into the future (so Sky's about 8 Years old here), so about four years after the oh-so-angsty "teardrops" thread. The story basis is that Shawchert would've found his mate, not Sky though (so takes place after the previous RO thread, "teardrops on my guitar" I posted here) so she ended up leaving Cercatori D'Arte on good terms with them all. She'd wanted to see the world, and that's just what she did. She'd left behind a lot of things, but a guitar that had been given to her on one of her birthdays wasn't one of them. She moved around the other Continent, getting used to the higher technology levels there, and eventually she settled in Italy where she made a career of being a well known musician. She grew tired of it quickly, not being the glorious type, and decided to move back to Canada, where she'd look up some old friends, aka, Shaw, Sky, Vali and/or Mars. As such, any of the listed may join, keeping in mind they'd all be much older now. I figured it'd be a fun challenge to do. If no one joins, then fair enough, I'll close it as a read-only. Happy writing, 'Soulsers!

Guitar, oh precious guitar, only lover. Closest friend. She'd moved from place to place for years, miss Sky had, for years. Now, she'd managed to return that a little place so long left behind. She was more than happy to return here, where she'd grown into a woman, where'd she learned to love, and many heartbreaks later, primed woman was stronger. Now, with short-cut hair and fancy Italian accent newly aquired since her last visit here, dressed in the best Italian clothes in the trade, our little songbird had returned.

The old packlands. The place she'd been accepted to. The place that had taught her to sing with her soul, for the soul. Girl was older now, much older. Back then, she'd been a young adult, blooming her talents for the first time, falling in love with a handsome leader and learned to let that love go when he found his family in the fair dove that had blessed the pack with her graceful beauty.

No longer did she fret over such pitiful worries. She was over it. Long over it. Her love for mister Shawchert had been left behind she she'd gone off to explore the worlds. Her ship had sailed far across the ocean and landed her in the oh so advanced European countries. She'd been to France, England and many other places in that first year before settling in Italy, where her talents were praised by many suitors and many, many fans.

In Europe, she was famous. In Italy, a star. They would miss her. She knew she'd have a few more years to live on, and this was where she planned on staying for the rest of her older years. Back in the old packlands of Cercatori D'Arte. And my, how it had changed. With many travelers coming from the higher end parts of the world, technology was a blessing bestowed upon the Northern American continent. It was a lovely sight, to see all those old houses in the town fixed up and primmed, new ones built in places old ruins had been, and many blooming gardens decorated the small town now.

Yes, this was far nicer than she remembered. Yes, this was a beautiful town now. The problem was, though, was this still the welcoming pack of artists she'd come to adore and love with all her might? Or had some other group taken refuge in the small town of Thornbury. No doubt strangers had come to call this place home now... but where was her old band of friends? Skye Collins, Shawchert Manue...? What about Valinta LeStrange and Mars Russo? Were those friendly faces still living here?

What better way to find out. Sky took lively steps into the town, leaving behind the forest. She knew she'd broken a rule by entering without a howl of warning, but she wanted to surprise them, if they were still here. The scent was almost the same, so she figured they must still have been a pack, if not a band of friends still joined together by trust and reliance. Upon reaching the center of the town, where a small fountain had been built, she stopped.

My, my, was she ever different. That same old brown pelt and those same old blue, dazzling eyes, hair still the soft light brown it had been when she left... but instead of the long, wavy locks that so often trailed down her back and shoulders, hiding her face from the world at times, miss Sky had cut it short. Now, it hung in near waves to her jawbone, curling around her face and framing it nicely, showing off her ears, now only sporting two glittering emerald studs in each. Her bodice sported a pretty outfit, a cute top and, something that never had changed, jeans that wavered off at the bottom in boot legs. Various bits of jewelry and accessories also decorated her in silvers and jades, a surprisingly nice contrast to her brown fur and blue eyes.

Enough of that though. Back to the present. Slung over her back was a finely made Acoustic Guitar, made of dark wood, stained a nice shade of dark red with fancy little tribals painted on in glossy black. The strings were a contrasting white, the bridge of the neck lined with silver rods and of course, tuning keys along the sides of the head. Six strings, no more, no less. It made a beautiful sound, one that matched her voice nicely.

Sky hopped up on the foutain's stone edge and turned to face the town, not caring about the occasional glance she got from strangers she didn't know. Swerving the guitar around to her front, and placing her bag, which held a few sacred belongings, at her feet, girl checked the tuning, and without any sort of hesitation after, started to strum a catchy tune.

And then, she began to sing.

"Three little birds,
Sat on my window,
And they told me I don't need to worry...!
Summer came like cinnamon,
So sweet.
Little girls double-dutch on the concrete.
"

Her beautiful voice hadn't changed much, but now it carried better. With more pride in what she loved to do, Sky had learned to work a crowd, pull heartstrings, and now she'd openly, though modestly, admit to her talents. How could she not, with hundreds of darling fans back in Europe constantly telling her she was so great? Her singing hadn't been the only improvement. Girl could play that guitar nicely now, mastered it, really. It wasn't her old one that the pack had given her, but it was partly made of the same wood, the smooth face of it being a refinished and polished piece of her old one.

"Maybe sometimes,
We've got it wrong,
But it's alright.
The more things seem to change,
The more they stay the same.
Oooh, don't you hesitate...!
"

Miss newly Italian Sky broke into the chorus with a flare she hadn't had before, swaying her hips and moving slightly as she played and sang. People had gathered, curious, enjoying her music though unsure of who she was, why she was here. Was any of her old friends in the crowd? If they were, Sky didn't spot them.

"Girl, put your records on,
Tell me your favorite song,
You go ahead, let your hair down
Sapphire and faded jeans,
I hope you get your dreams,
Just go ahead, let your hair down...!

You're gonna find yourself somwhere,
Somehow...
"

A few wolves clapped with hesitation, and once that sound would warm her soul, make her happy and proud. Now, it only seemed dull and normal for her. She had hated being in Italy the last few months she had been there. No one loved her, only her music. Only her looks. She was that pretty little vixen with the voice of an angel. She wanted to be known as Sky here, like she had been once before. Would they let her back in?

"Blue as the sky
Sunburnt and lonely, Sipping tea in a bar by the roadside,
Don't you let those other boys,
Fool you,
Gotta love that afro hairdo

Maybe, sometimes,
We feel afraid, but it's alright
The more you stay the same,
The more they seem to change
Don't you think it's strange..?

Girl, put your records on,
Tell me your favorite song
Just go ahead, let your hair down.

You're gonna find yourself somewhere,
Somehow...!
"

Onward, to the finale! This part usually got the crowd dancing in the spot, her vocals usually sending chills through them as she sang. She didn't care about that though. Those blue eyes worriedly scanned the scene, looking for a familiar face. Was she just playing for strangers again, or would someone come out and call her name, knowing her for Sky and not the Vixen she'd become.

"'Twas more than I could take,
Pity for pity's sake
Some nights kept me awake,
I thought that I was stronger!
When you gonn' realize
That you don't even have try any longer?
Do what you want to...!
"

And here came the vocals they all so adored, and she closed her eyes, instinctively now putting her soul into it, drawing it out like a slow but beautiful torture, one that was addictive and satisfying all at the same time. Her voice had been their drug back in Europe. No doubt it'd be someone's drug here too, now that she'd grown into it so well, and worked it for every drop of shivers that came their way, those poor souls that loved her so.

"Girl, put your records on,

Girl, put your records on,

Oooh, You're gonna find yourself somewhere,
Somehow...!
"

A few more chords, and she finished. The usual clapping followed from those around her and she forced that smile, one that few knew was fake. She waved to them, a shy act, and swung the guitar back onto her back. No one I knew showed up... At least, she thought not. She moved to step down from the fountain's edge, kneeling to grab her bag first and sling that too over her shoulder. Standing, she walked along to edge, as the crowd murmured and talked, moving away and back to their daily lives. Would any stay? Would any of them know her name?

Corrine Bailey's "Put your records on"

<style type="text/css">
.skymonu b {font-weight:bold; color:#fff; letter-spacing:.5px; text-shadow:1px 1px 1px #000;}
.skymonuooc {text-align:right;font-style:italic; padding: 5px 5px 5px 5px; font-family:georgia; font-size:10px;color:#fff;text-shadow:1px 1px 1px #000;}
.skymonu p {text-indent:25px; padding:1px 10px 1px 10px; margin:0px;}
.skymonu {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#2A2F2A; background-image:url(http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/6483/avatarael.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #fff; padding: 230px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#CECFCA; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]
+1329
[/html]
[html]
OOC: Valinta might be leaving CdA, so this is her tentative future...

Valinta, deeply beset in AniWayan ways, still visited her old pack. Sometimes J'adore accompanied her, sometimes not. This was one of the times he didn't. But Valinta wasn't really alone, at all. She was pregnant, again, proudly carrying her pups. While talking to Shawchert was always nice, she still missed Sky, who had left a while before. She had always been different after Shawchert found his beautiful mate.
Faintly hearing beautiful singing that reminded her of Sky, Valinta wondered if it was just in her head like it usually was. But she went to the small fountain anyway. It was always nice to visit, especially when she thought of Sky.
Who stood on said fountain. Valinta just about went into early labor right then and there, and was glad, for once, that J'adore wasn't with her. He'd have seen her shock and taken her home immediately. She walked forward, and the people of the pack parted for the pregnant woman that didn't smell of their pack.
Just missing Sky, Valinta tried to go through the crowd again to get to her. Finally giving up, she shouted out. "Sky! Sky Katruk!" She waved her arms, which didn't do much good. They were all taller than her. "God damn it." Valinta whispered. "SKY! SKY! IT'S VALI!" the older Russian shouted. Her age had in no way hindered the strength of her body or voice, yet. She could still dance, and taught her children and the children of others the beautiful art when she could. It was satisfying for her, bringing a little bit of Cercatori into AniWaya.
But she had made a desicion, to leave the pack she once proudly claimed as her own, to be with her love, and the father of her pups. Valinta never regretted it, but sometimes she thought of those terrible what ifs. What if she'd stayed? Would she have found a mate as caring as J'adore? Or would she just stay alone, the dancer that grew old in her tree house, never leaving, just dancing and sometimes talking to Shawchert and Skye, but only them, and them alone?
Who would know? There was no way to go back and see if that would happen, and her desicion had been long and thought-out, and involved all of the pack that knew her and J'adore. In the end, it was decided that she would leave, but could come back to visit them whenever she wanted. To show her thankfullness, she had named her son after Shawchert, and her daughter after Skye.
Because she loved them, even though she left them. And Sky had come back, hopefully because of the same reasons. But Valinta would only know if the damn woman would actually answer her!
[/html]
[html]
+370 Big Grin Skye and Shawchert can post whenever, if they decide to. This can be an epic, epic, four-person alternate rpg! xD

Sure enough, Sky was stopped in her tracks. A slightly familliar voice was calling out to her, and she glanced towards it, ears perking, eyes suddenly bright with excitement. It was Valinta! Grinning, the wayward girl happily bounced off of the fountain's edge and trotted over to her, easily getting through the crowd much to many a wolf's dismay and irritation. Then, in that new Italian accent, girl grinned and spread her arms, greeting her old friend. "Valinta!"

Something caused her to stop though. She glanced down and spotted the belly, very much carrying a pup. A bigger grin flashed across the brown wolfdog's face and she glanced up at her old friend's face, indicating excitedly at her belly. "Oh my gosh! Val!" She'd still seen the black wolfess as a kid when she'd left, but obviously, that wasn't the case anymore. Miss Val didn't smell of Cercatori D'Arte anymore either, but Sky knew the little wolf had been planning on leaving around the same time Sky had left. It made sense that she'd smell of AniWaya and not the artist's pack now.

"I'll be damned if you don't name me one of the kid's aunts, girl." Sky placed her hands on her hips, leaning on one leg more than the other and smirking delightedly. My, how the young wolf had grown and changed! She'd filled out into a beautiful woman, and there wasn't a doubt in Sky's mind that she still danced beautifully. Though somewhere in the back of her mind, Sky was insanely jealous. She'd gone years without having any children, and that had been one of her life goals, to have kids. She didn't doubt that Shawchert and Skye had kids now, and obviously Val was at least with her first child, if not second or third.

Speaking of which, where were the others? "Where's Shaw-butt and Skye at? Have you seen them?" For the first time since she went away, Val could get the chance to hear Sky talk about Shawchert without a broken-hearted or lovesick tone in her voice. Yes, she still loved him, but she'd let it go, turning to love that he was happy, even if she wasn't the one making him so.

<style type="text/css">
.skymonu b {font-weight:bold; color:#fff; letter-spacing:.5px; text-shadow:1px 1px 1px #000;}
.skymonuooc {text-align:right;font-style:italic; padding: 5px 5px 5px 5px; font-family:georgia; font-size:10px;color:#fff;text-shadow:1px 1px 1px #000;}
.skymonu {margin:0 auto; width:400px; background-color:#2A2F2A; background-image:url(http://img143.imageshack.us/img143/6483/avatarael.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #fff; padding: 230px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, sans-serif; font-size:11px; color:#CECFCA; line-height:12px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;word-spacing:.5px;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

LOL shaw-butt. xD i also love that song <3 this is gonna be great! i have no idea what skye will be doing in the future, so here goes nothing - putting all i got into this post!

Six years.

It had been six years since Skye first came to the universe of Souls, since she'd first stepped outside her parents' beautiful, hand-crafted cabin and stepped into the world in which she would live for a long, long time. A long time - how trivial that word was, how silly, that phrase; when she had been but a yearling, it had simply meant a few months. And now? Now, a long time was much, much more than that. A long time was the time it had taken to find a caring and permanent mate in Bangle. A long time was the time it had taken to bear their pups - and beautiful, more adorable pups she had never seen. Perhaps because they were hers.

Two were like Bangle in personality and looks, like little miniatures of him. He had taught them how to skin their prey, how to make use of their bones and innards, not wasting a thing. So like Bangle to do that. And the other one, the male that looked like the old wolf, Skye, was just like her. He often read underneath a shady tree by the garden, often to the ridicule of his siblings. But Skye encouraged that; there was so much knowledge to be gleamed from books, and so little time. So little time.

The creamy-white woman had grown up in the time it had taken for Cercatori d'Arte to do the same; she grew with the pack, as she had helped create it and mold it into the creation and all that it stood for. Art. Music. Words. Words that flew off the page and into the world, words that filled Skye with wonder and tears and laughter, all at once. Words that floated off the page, off the page and into the soul, into the moon and the sky and the sun. Words that could depict the saddest of scenes, the happiest of times, the most woeful of tales. Words that could depict the darkness and cold of the world, words that could tell the tale of life itself and the wonders that it holds within its grasp.

Words.

As she trod on the light grass that coated the pack, she realized that there was so little she knew. So little of the world that she had within her grasp, and she was old now, much older than she had been six years ago. And yet she was so young - these trees, she thought as she stared at them, were here for hundreds of years. She, only a slight fraction of that. And yet that was the entirety of her life...the entire world of hers, tucked away in her head, deciphered into words through her narrative style of living, all filed away under her complex mind that had only grown in the last few years.

Had only grown larger as her dreams had weaved their way into her mind and soul, becoming who she was. A mind and a way that had only grown and been nourished as the dancing thoughts that occupied her mind so often floated off the tips of her fingers and flowed into her pen, becoming one with the page. Had only been a fraction, however, of what the trees knew, of what the land on which she stepped lightly on knew, of what the earth and the universe knew. Of what the mind knew, with its many twists and turns and traps, but also its flowers and beauty and complexity.

The mind knew so much, yet Skye knew so little.

She had tended to the garden, and in doing so, had spent a lot of thinking there. She had thought about her life so far, and had transferred those thoughts to the berries and the flowers that she'd grown. She liked to think that they drank up her thoughts and spent those thoughts on growing large and beautiful, growing far more than they could on water and plant food. That was what Skye liked to think, at least.

Her thoughts floated to her packmates; they had come and go, had arrived and left, in the short yet eternally long span of her life. But one had always remained a constant; Shawchert. The tall male had always led right by her side, had always been there, and she'd always been there for him. As friends. They led together as friends, even after Shawchert had found his mate and Skye hers.

There was also Valinta, whose dancing body would never match anyone's in Skye's opinion; she remembered the awkward yet steadying woman she'd been friends with who lived in a tree. She had accepted her into the pack, had been impressed by her dancing skills. It was like she was a wolven breeze, sending petals and leaves and beautiful messages through her moving body. She had left for AniWaya, however, following her love, J'Adore; she and Skye still visited sometimes. She thought she could smell her on the wind.

She remembered others, too; Sky, with her beautiful voice that seemed like molten gold, woven into the lungs of a child. She remembered that child that she had accepted into the pack, and watched her grow. Watched her fall in love. Watched her leave. She had traveled far away, and Skye always thought of her, thought of her golden voice and her, just as a friend. Just another of the many friends she had seen leave over the years. She even thought she could hear the girl now.

She had to give her mind credit; it was really, really good at tricking her into thinking that she was hearing Sky sing. She cocked her ear, wondering if it was just another trick of the wind or even her mind. They both played their little games with her these days. But no; it was too...clear...to be a trick of the mind. It was real. She was really hearing her old friend that had disappeared so long ago sing.

She ran forward, and saw with astonishment the crowd of Cercatori d'Arte members cheering on someone that was up in front. It was Sky....Sky and her guitar. Her voice was still like the molten gold Skye had remembered, but it carried better, was more clear against the bright day and the cheering crowd. The crowd quickly dispersed after her burst of song, however, and only Skye and another...another remained.

Valinta?

She watched as Valinta and Sky embraced, beginning to speak. Eyes shining in the darkness and cover of the forest, Skye slowly stepped out into the sun, her ginger-colored hair shining in the golden light that poured down from the celestial heavens. She breathed in deeply through her nose; the black wolf, Valinta, smelled of corn husks and horses and wide open spaces. AniWaya. And Sky...Sky smelled of many travels across mountains and streams and forests, and many places that Skye couldn't even begin to recognize. She walked up to the couple, almost not daring to believe her eyes. "Sky Katruk," she said a bit flatly. She turned to Valinta, a wide smile suddenly lighting up her features. "You found Sky, Val!" And then, without a further warning, she embraced Sky in a tight hug. She pulled away after a few seconds, looking at Sky happily; one of her old friends had returned. "Where have you been? Did you travel the world like you said you would?"

<style type="text/css">
.skyefreebe01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#fefbee; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #333e46; }
.skyefreebe01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#485259; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #cde4f3; text-align:center;}
.skyefreebe01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.skyefreebe01 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#cde4f3; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ree001.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px solid #fefbee; padding: 0px 0px 165px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#485259; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.skyefreebe01-border1 {width:506px; border:1px solid #485259; margin:0 auto;}
.skyefreebe01-line1 {width:470px; border-bottom:1px dotted #b5cee0; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
wc: 1253

[/html]
[html]
OOC: XD Shaw-butt. For real? Lawl.

Valinta giggled at Sky. She had been named as an aunt for all of her children, despite not being there. This one -- or two, or three-- would have her as an aunt as well. Her little babies, though not so young as babies anymore, were already starting to decide there life-paths in the pack. Nobyl Shaw Austral, her son, was working at becoming a warrior. She worried about him sometimes, but his siter was always there to help him when he was hurt. She was a fierce little girl, Ferrari was. She had an odd name, Ferrari Skye Austral, but she was a much-loved member of the pack. She couldn't wait to grow up and see the world, despite her already having a life-path of medic chosen. But her little babies were with their father, J'adore, the man that they looked up to and loved.
But they, despite always being her first priority, were pushed slightly to the back of her mind for now. Sky was here again, and she loved her like she was her sister. Then again, Valinta had never had a sister, so she wouldn't know, but she still loved her.
"Don't worry, you're the aunt of all of them," Valinta laughed. "Ferrari and Nobyl included." She smiled upon saying the name of her children. She loved them so much, it brought her happiness just thinking about them. Going to AniWaya had probably been the best idea of her life. No, not probably. It was most definetly the best idea of her life.
Skye had come over. Skye, the woman that she'd grown to be friends with. "Well, Skye's right here." Valitna said happily. "She's mated to Bangle now, I think. Got some pups as well." She laughed quietly. But Shawchert... That was difficult to answer.
"I don't know about Shawchert." Valinta said. "I left soon after you did, maybe a week or so afterwards." She scowled. "Besides, I've never liked his mate. She's... I just don't know about her." Valinta didn't really want to stir up drama in a pack that wasn't hers, or in any pack, really, but she didn't really like Shawchert's mate. The woman seemed nice at first, but then got different after Shaw had mated her. Or at least Valinta thought so.
Either way, the woman was not among Valinta's favorites, and she'd leave it at that. She'd let Skye do the rest of the talking, as Valinta didn't really know much else about the pack after that, having left it so quickly to be with J'adore.
[/html]
[html]
Do do doooo~

Sky was overjoyed to hear that she was the aunt of not only a soon-to-be child, but a neice and nephew already mostly grown! "You and J'adore are so lucky. Congratulations on your third." She smiled brightly, only to suddenly turn her head as Skye herself came onto the scene. Two out of three. Not bad. Sky grinned wide, happily returning the co-leader's hug. "Skye!" She pulled back and that grin was still there, blue eyes shining with a sudden youthful glee.

"Bangle!? That crazy trader?" She placed her hands on her hips and smirked. "And you called me crazy for loving Shawchert way back when. Girl, you're insane." She winked, showing that she was just kidding, and that she approved of the older wolf's choice in mates. Bangle had been the one to give her a pet goat, one she'd taken with her on her travels. The poor thing, Casper. He'd died on the ship to the otherlands. Sky had been devistated.

Like most things though, she'd moved on. She'd been too busy for pets, and though it often left her lonely, she knew it'd be good for them in the end, since she'd not have the time to properly care for anything. Except maybe a goldfish, but she'd had koi in her pond at her luxary suite back in Italy. But enough of that. No one cares about fish.

Sky did care greatly about Val's opinion of Shaw's mate, though. "You don't like her? I thought she was nice." Sky tilted her head a bit, glancing innocently at her darker furred friend. "The one time we met, she'd known about how I felt about Shawchert, and she'd been okay with it, as far as I could tell. No rude words or anything." That had been a day or so after he'd announced her his mate. Maybe things had changed? "I left shortly after that, though."

Blue eyes turned to Skye now, and that same curious look was on her face, only tainted with some concern now. "You must know more. They're happy together, yes? Have kids together? She's not that bad, is she?" Sky had started talking a bit faster. It was obvious she was worried about Shawchert. If he'd made the wrong choice in a mate, that might mean he'd been unhappy with it. Sky was happy as long as he was, even if he didn't fill her head day in and day out anymore. She still loved him, and wanted the best for him. Nothing wrong with that, right? Right.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]
[html]

WC: 584!

The old man was indeed much older, nine years in fact, he had pups, and they left the nest, none seemed to stay, and Orin, the mate that was to his choosing, was happy with the life they shared now. The performances they had created for the years, they were immensely popular, and it soon became a regular thing. He barely played his flute anymore, always practiced on lines as he was now one of the main actors. The alpha had seen many years of his pack come and go, though thick and thin everyone seemed to stick together work like they were a team, that’s what they were suppose to do of course, it was what made him love his pack so much. He couldn’t help but start to think of who to give the leadership to because he would soon be carried to the next life, his fur that had once been so vibrant and alive as his flute playing seemed to die with it. It was graying in many patches, frizzled, and old.

He was walking along a path one that he had made over the years on his patrols, when he heard something, a sweet succulent voice, the voice of someone he knew from so long ago… her name was still there, in a distant scream, but that was impossible, she left; left to see the world, there was no way she could be back here again. Moving forward he followed her singing, and there she was grown much more, but still the same Sky. He had feelings for her once, but the day he decided to proclaim his love to her, something happened, things changed and he found himself with Orin instead and Sky left, and he was left alone and heartbroken. Orin had been there for him through thick and thin since then, and though he had no regrets being with the white eccentric woman, he still wondered what it would be like if she had stayed if he had gotten those words out to her. He learned that it was nothing to dwell on the past.

Your singing has not changed much

The old male said, his voice still as strong and hearty as the day he’d come to souls all those years ago, he looked at his co leader, she had found Sky before her, and then looked to see Valinta, she must be on a visit, and saw her or something. Shaw rarely saw much of her, though he let her in the packlands and saw her around every few months or so, it was still a surprise to see the woman there. He nodded to the young woman, not having any hard feelings that she had left. Many wolves came and went, and he learned not to have any harsh feelings towards such things, that this pack was not meant for everyone even if it was all he had now. It seemed that the conversation had already started, though about what, he could guess, the past, the present the future. He and Orin had five pups together three litters, it was as much as the old man could have asked for, but they had a crazy notion they wanted to move, find a different place to live, though most of them had the love for the arts. He’d been promised that they would return but he had yet to see any of his children since they left, and he was regretting letting them go.

<style>
.shaw-a01 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.shaw-a01 p {padding:0px 20px 5px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.shaw-a01 b {color:#ffc57c; letter-spacing:-.2px;}
.shaw-a01 {background-color:#584329; background-image:url(http://i51.tinypic.com/odc3b.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding:10px 0px 268px 0px; border:1px solid #ffc57c; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#291f13; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:400px; text-align:justify; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px;}
.shaw-a01-border {width:402px; border:1px solid #000000; margin:0px auto; border-radius:10px; -moz-border-radius:10px; -webkit-border-radius:10px; box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -moz-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A; -webkit-box-shadow:3px 3px 4px #2A2A2A;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

feel free to slap me with a wet fish for keeping you all so long ;;

Despite her old age and new found maturity, Skye found herself blushing when Valinta said that she was mated to Bangle now. Sky let out a squeak of surprise and turned to the creamy-white woman, asking if it was true, and how could she mate to that crazy old trader, and what on earth was she thinking! Skye wasn't so sure what she had been thinking, actually, but she was glad she had been thinking it. Her pups and mate were wonderful, and she wouldn't trade them for the world.

"Yes, that crazy old trader," she said, grinning from ear to ear. "He's even crazier at night, if you know what I'm saying," she said slyly with a wink. "We have three, and there's more where that came from." She then opened her maw into a loud laugh, one that she hadn't experienced in a while. It was good to be back with her old friends, she decided. It was very good to be back, back where she felt like she was just a year old again, and still with her friends of the times of the founding of Cercatori d'Arte. Now things were older, wiser, and seen through a lens smeared with the grayish green of nostalgia and a wisp of old age. She had felt old, but now? Now she felt like she was a puppy all over again, setting out for the first time into Souls.

Sky was worried, though, and Skye put a hand on her shoulder. "Relax, Sky," she said gently. "Orin's not that bad. In fact, she'd been a great asset to the pack, making these performances that are the bomb around the packs. Makes us have a good rep, you know?" But Skye knew that Sky was not worried about the pack - she was worried about her old love, Shawchert Menue. The one man that Skye had seen her fall in love with and cry over and get over. And then leave. Skye knew that was what she had been talking about, and the way her eyes looked at the girl told her everything; it was fine, Shawchert was fine.

"Speak of the devil," she said as she saw the tall man near them. He hadn't changed much - he was a grand total of eight years now, eight old and gray years. Quite a bit older than Skye, although Skye would never tell it to his face. Skye, who had once slapped the alpha right across the muzzle, had grown to respect him. Oh, she had respected him before, she had certainly - how could she not? But she had quit her alpha-slapping days. And Bangle-slapping. Mostly.

<style type="text/css">
.skyefreebe01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#fefbee; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #333e46; }
.skyefreebe01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#485259; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #cde4f3; text-align:center;}
.skyefreebe01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.skyefreebe01 {margin:0 auto; width:500px; background-color:#cde4f3; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... ree001.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px solid #fefbee; padding: 0px 0px 165px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#485259; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.skyefreebe01-border1 {width:506px; border:1px solid #485259; margin:0 auto;}
.skyefreebe01-line1 {width:470px; border-bottom:1px dotted #b5cee0; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
wc: 456

[/html]