Carve A Likeness Of The World,
J'adore sat on the chair in his hut, wondering what to do with himself. All the other members, well most, were busy 'cleansing' themselves as part of the pack lore. J'adore himself had no idea how he should go about it. There was a special, yet optional, pack ritual. But that included fasting and J'adore had no intention of doing that. However the bath part wasn't a bad idea...

J'adore awoke early the next morning, before the sun broke over the Halcyon. He ventured down to the sea, the darkness lightening every second. He stripped and walked steadily into the water. It was cold, well more than cold. The winter had been harsh on the bay, freezing it's tides. He knelt in the water, facing the sun, so that the waves flew over his head, where he waited for the right time to rise. Of course it was purely guess work, his idea was that if he stood up too early or too late, the year would be full of troubles, the severity of which was unknown. However, if he rose at the right time, the year would be prosperous, full of bounty. As he began to run out of tolerance for his empty lungs, he rose with a splash from the water. Forgetting the sunrise, he gasped for air, but as he looked up he remembered his ritual. Smiling as the sun rose in perfect timing, he nodded. 'This year is going to be good', he thought, smoothing his wet mane back against his head.

By time he got back to his hut, the sky was alight. He opened the door and entered. He, as he did every day, poured himself a (wooden) glass of water and sat down to write his biography. It was near completion, and all that was left was to document was his acceptance into the pack. Then perhaps he would write another book, but one about his live is Nova Scotia.

He continued to write till the sun was at it's highest point. Then with a pleased sigh, he wrote 'The End' at the bottom of the page in his exotic handwriting. He closed the book and then opened the cover, turning to a black page he was saving for 'Thanks'. As he pondered who to thank he drew upon his gratefulness:

Upon remembering his thankfulness for being what he is now, an AniWayan, he scribbled down:
'Liliana Vess, for welcoming me to my new home'.
Of course he had to mention his chief:
'Kalona Dawali Amara, our pack chief'.
He considered adding Nian and Valinta, but he hadn't mentioned them in the book, but he would in his next one. He decided to leave the thanks page with the following sentences:

'On the morning I finished this, I participated in a cleansing ritual, as pack tradition. I decided I would not follow my pack's optional ritual, but invent my own, which I might release more details about if I continue my story. But it gave me a feeling of last year’s weight being lifted away. Of a new year starting and a new beginning. This year, 2011 AD, will be full of joy and prosperity!'.

That was his message to anyone who read this. He had written a great deal in the month since Nian had given him the idea. 'Yes, 2011 will be something to look forward to' he thought as he relaxed in his chair and sipped his drink.