But he'll always be a problem
[html]<style type="text/css">
.claudius03 {margin:0 auto;padding:0;background:#6AA2B1 url(http://img638.imageshack.us/img638/844/claudius03.jpg) no-repeat right top;width:100% }
.claudius03 .in {padding:10px 10px 10px 20px; font-family:arial;font-size:1em;color:#000;}
.claudius03 .box {width:220px;height:400px;float:right;}
.claudius03 p {margin:0;padding:0;text-indent:30px;text-shadow:1px 1px 1px #6AA2B1}
.claudius03 .ooc {font-size:0.95em;font-style:italic;}
.claudius03 .line { border-bottom:1px dotted #5A899B; margin:0 220px 5px auto;}
.claudius03 b {color:#0C1C33;font-family:georgia}
.claudius03 .header {color:#CFDB62;font-family:georgia;font-size:140%;font-style:italic;text-align:center;text-shadow:#11271B 1px 1px 2px;padding-bottom:10px}
.claudius03 a {color:#43213A}
.claudius03 a:hover {color:#214055;text-decoration:underline}</style>

Thanks for the picture! Big Grin

all the anguish you suppressed

While Claudius waited, Liliana disappeared in a flash. She spoke quickly and then dashed out of the hut, leaving Claudius wondering where or why she had gone. His questions were answered soon after. She returned a few minutes later, slightly out of breath, but with a large piece of metal with many holes in it. He saw her roll it into her hut and then set it over the fire. Claudiuses’ eyes sparked with recognition when he realized what it was for. What a good idea! With this contraption, they could put the bucket on top of the fire to melt the snow. He wasn’t sure if they would be able to lift the tub up that high – maybe they would have to empty out some of the snow back into the buckets? He wasn’t sure, so he waited to see if Liliana had anything else to say.

When she asked him if he thought it would work, he nodded enthusiastically. He frowned halfway through, still wondering if the two of them would be able to lift the metal tub up. It looked rather heavy, after all.

Liliana seemed to be thinking the same thing when she suggested lifting it up. He quickly agreed with a quiet, “okay,” and then moved to help her lift it up. She moved to one side and Claudius took the other. He bent down over his side of the tub and looked for a way to hold it and haul it up and onto the metal.

“Okay, on th-th-three. One… t-t-two… th-three!” He pulled up, using his legs to help him lift the tub.

[/html]
[html]

Word Count → --- :: Shortpost is shoooorrrt, you can decide if they get it on or not. Liliana works out so she's good on her part hehehe, and some pp to get it up is fine with me, also soooo terribly sorry for the delay ; ;

Liliana was sure proud of herself as she put the large disc over her fire, it would be perfect!!! She thought as she looked over Claudius’ way. She couldn’t help but beam at his smile, he looked so much better without his normal frown, almost like a different wolf, it was cute, in a brotherly sort of way. She moved over to the other side of the pot as he agreed to trying to get the pot ontop of the fire, and he counted. As soon as he got to three she heaved with all her might. She wasn’t a weak animal, in no way. She worked all her life, and working with horses tended to help her gain the muscles she needed to get them to do what she wanted, to feed them huge bags of oats, or even the hay bales. So she wasn’t too surprised when her side lifted up, she’d lift it as high as she needed to for the grates, but it was up to Claudius to help as well.

<style>
.lili-texthorse-box {background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2011f ... raldic.png); background-repeat:no-repeat; background-position: top center; width:159px; height:196px; float:right; margin:3px; }
.lili-texthorse {font-family:'times new roman', times, serif; font-size: 14px; letter-spacing:0px; word-spacing:2px; text-align: left; margin:0px 25px;}
.lili-texthorse .ooc {font-style:italic; font-family:arial, helvetica, sans-serif; font-size:12px; text-align:justify;}
.lili-texthorse .wc {text-transform: uppercase; font-weight:bold;}
.lili-texthorse p {text-indent: 25px; margin:0px; padding:0px 5px;}
.lili-texthorse b {letter-spacing:1px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:12px; letter-spacing:-.05em;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Since they are superstars, they can get it on on the first try -- with a bit of work! ;D And for my next post, we can go through the rest of the dye process. Also, re:time, no worries~

Once Claudius gave the command, Liliana lifted with him. His fingers slipped as he tried to haul the heavy tub onto the metal grates and he had to let his arms go slack for a moment to regain his balance. Once he was completely ready, he bent his knees and his arms to push it up and on to the metal. He shouted a few times to Liliana, letting her know when his arms got tired and how high to lift it. After a few minutes of struggling and retries, they managed to get it on the grate.

"Ugh," he said and flopped onto the tub. He rested his head on the edge and let his arms dangle over the sides. He stayed like that for a few seconds, before he straightened up and gave his partner a weary, but happy smile. "N-now we n-need some more snow. B-but we c-can start the f-f-f-fire. Do you.. want to do... that? I can... k-keep collecting snow." He could tell that there wouldn't be quite enough snow since it would shrink as it melted, but if they started the fire now, it would speed things up, especially now that they had everything in order. He was just glad he had such a helpful partner!

[/html]
[html]

WC:233OOC:

They had got the whole thing up on the grate, happy and proud of herself she beamed, both at the boy and the pot full of snow. She loved helping, loved being a big part of things, she wasn’t one to just stand and watch and her actions proved this. He mentioned the fire and getting the snow piled in there as it melted. She had control and had her flint ready. The fire wasn’t too hard to start as she blew on the smoky areas after letting a few sparks fly, and within no time there was a fire blazing underneath the pot, working at heating the snow up to make it water. Liliana nodded proudly.

Maybe if we filled the buckets up again and set them next to the fire they would melt too and we can add them in with the rest, and get more snow until you have enough!

She suggested, either way she was sure there would be plenty of water eventually. She had no doubts about that and neither of them were in a hurry, she just felt it might save time, then again it probably wouldn’t as they would have to poor the water in and go for more snow, so she would see what Claudius had to say to the idea, either way she would be fine with any decision.

<style type="text/css">
.lilicardinal b {font-weight:bold; color:#810904; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.lilicardinal-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; }
.lilicardinal p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.lilicardinal {margin:0 auto; width:458px; background-color:#030404; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... rdinal.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #E1E4D9; padding: 10px 0px 260px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#ABB1B3; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table made by Erin!

[/html]
Claudius pondered Liliana's suggestion for a few moments before he responded with a quick nod.

'Okay, w-we can try i-it and see if i-it sa-aves any ti-ime,' he replied slowly and gently. He was very proud of how little he stuttered, and for a moment, he felt himself stand up a little straighter. 'Regardless, I'll g-g-g-go get s'more snow while you work on the fire,' he added. He grabbed his pail and set off to fetch more snow. He could only carry two buckets at a time, so when they were full, he put them next to the fire to melt. He then grabbed two other buckets and dashed out of the hut to continue his snow gathering.He continued returning with more snow until it was mostly full.

'W-w-w-what was f-f-faster?' he asked when he returned. This time, he stuttered more from exhaustion than embarassment. Either way, he figured they could begin boiling the dyes soon.

'When you're ready, we can s-s-start adding the dyes,' he explained. Any time soon the water would be completely boild!
[html]

OOC here!

She smiled at Claudius as he agreed to try the idea, it had sort of worked, the buckets were melting the snow being next to the fire, but it took dumping it into the pot to finish the job, but when he came back all the snow he had collected before was already melted and soon they had a full pot, and Liliana was smiling, the poor boy looked so tired!

I think it might have worked either way, but it’s almost come to a boil.”

She said, the water was quite hot, steaming at the top and she could see some ripples forming. She nodded excitedly to him when he mentioned starting to add in the colors, her tail wagged as she watched him expectantly, for any other instructions he had. Though he stuttered she was getting used to this and could understand him without making him repeat himself, which was probably a relief to the male

<style>
.lili-z29 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.lili-z29 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.lili-z29 b {color:#2D150B; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.lili-z29 {background-color:#F4EFDB; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/liligift.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#8C4D34; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 230px 0px; }
.lili-z29-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
Table by Sie
[/html]
[html]

WC 384

Claudius grinned widely at Liliana's response. He would have to try experimenting a few different ways in the future, working with smaller pails of snow and a bigger one to see which was more efficient. While Claudius certainly did not have a precise, analytical, and scientific mind; he could recognize the need for efficiency in a trade. He liked doing things right and he wanted to show Liliana that he did know what he was doing.

"That's great," he replied slowly. He was very proud to hear not a waver or stutter in his voice. He then turned and walked to the other side of the hut to pick up his dyes. He squatted in front of the mason jars and took one in each hand. He then stood up, turned around, and brought them over to the water. He unscrewed the lid of the first jar and poured the red dye in to the bath. He paused for a moment when he remembered he had left a piece of wood, which vaguely resembled a spoon, by his dye jars. He set the blue jar down, returned to the other side of the hut, and picked up the spoon. He returned back to the dye bath and leaned over with his spoon to stir it a bit. The dye had already began to mix with the water, so he poured in the blue dye as well and began to stir them together. It was starting to get hot, so he stepped away to let it boil.

He'd read a lot of different suggestions for dying in his books, so he wasn't too sure if it would be good to let it boil for long. Normally, he needed to boil the actual plants, but since he already had the dyes prepared and boiled, housed in jars, he doubted he would actually need to let it boil for half an hour, like he'd said earlier.

"We s-s-should reduce the f-f-flames now," he began. "I j-j-just r-r-emembered I don't... n-ned to to to h-a-ave it boil for long since... I pre-p-pared the dyes already." He looked at the fire and wondered how they were supposed to kill the fire without water, since they'd need to use the fire later. "How can w-w-we lo-ower the f-f-flame with-o-o-o-out water?"

[/html]
[html]

OOC: Sorry it's so short

Liliana watched him as he did his work, she could see his eyes moving, as he worked; and she could see he took passion in his trade which was good because Liliana couldn’t ask for anything better than someone as skilled. He would surely make something wonderful. He put the dyes in and sat back then he spoke and Liliana smiled. That was an easy one. As she had no floor her hut was full of dirt. she took a handful and threw it over select flames, which in turn lowered them.

“My father taught me that when a fire can’t breath as much it doesn’t get as hot, but as long as there is fuel it will keep burning. He was an exceptional cook. So I learned a lot from him. He was a man who knew his fire, but I think it was mostly so he didn’t burn his food.”

She grinned at the young man. Looking at the fire which was burning less hot than it had been before

“Hows’ that?

<style type="text/css">
.liliquills b {font-weight:bold; color:#A79D86; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.liliquills-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right; }
.liliquills p {text-indent:15px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.liliquills {margin:0 auto; width:407px; background-color:#0F0A04; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... lslili.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #EBECE4; padding: 120px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#676052; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Erin

[/html]
[html]

But you know I like short posts so it is ok Big Grin

Claudius nodded quickly as Liliana explained how to reduce the heat. It certainly made sense and he supposed they could easily dig up the covered logs with a stick to have them catch fire again. Though, for now, they wouldn’t need to do that at all.

“That’s r-really interesting-g-g,” Claudius replied. “My mo-other taught me a-a lot ab-o-out p-plants and t-t-tree-ees. She kn-e-ew low speech too, bu-ut I never understoo-ood it. She did sho-ow me how to… write,” he explained, and then added: “and read. That’s ho-ow I learned thi-i-is.” He gestured with one hand to the tub of dye, which had now been simmering for a little while.

Soon, the dye bath was ready for the wool. Claudius stood up and looked over to where Liliana was. He motioned to her with his hand as he walked over to the blanket. He examined it for a few moments, wondering what would be the easiest thing to do. They would need to both carry it to the tub, since it was rather large and Claudius didn’t want to risk dirtying it.

[/html]
[html]

PP to get the blanket to the dye is a okay!

Liliana smiled at him as he told her what his mother had taught him. She knew that learning from parents was normal, but it was so precious to her. So it seemed Claudius knew how to read and write, that was something precious indeed, at least to the wolf dog

“I don’t know how to read or write. Everything I know my parents taught me. My mother taught me how to take care of animals, especially horses, and my father, well he taught me how to hunt, though I’m not as good as the wolves are, but I do my part I hope.”

She was embarrassed now, she felt a little below wolves because of her inability to snag the good food, she was more in tune with herding cows, sheep and horses, not to mention anything else that could possibly be tamed and used in a farm. She watched as he worked, and followed him when he motioned to her and was ready to help in any way that she could.

<style type="text/css">
.liliquills b {font-weight:bold; color:#A79D86; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.liliquills-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right; }
.liliquills p {text-indent:15px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.liliquills {margin:0 auto; width:407px; background-color:#0F0A04; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... lslili.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #EBECE4; padding: 120px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#676052; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Erin

[/html]
[html]

Works for me! Now we only have a post or two left for each of us as the blanket soaks. Big Grin

Claudius nodded quietly in response when Liliana spoke, confessing her inability to read and write. For Claudius, he had picked it up so naturally that he never really thought about it. But there were a lot of wolves out here who couldn’t do the same things he could. There were some who lived even more instinctual lifestyles than he, and others who were more humanized than the AniWayans who lived in huts and used only their Optime forms. He supposed there was a balance for everything and you couldn’t learn everything there was to know. Liliana understood animals in a way Claudius never could and he felt almost a little proud to know her. It amazed him how she wasn’t afraid of those monstrous horses!

He chuckled at the thought as he carried the blanket with Liliana to the pot. “I th-th-i-i-nk y-you have a skill… n-o-ot many others p-o-ossess,” he replied. “It’s… unique,” he explained as he dunked the wool in the water. He pushed down the dry parts with his hands, carefully trying not to get too much dye on his fur. He was already a patchwork of colours from his previous dying escapades!

[/html]
Liliana helped him, knowing her own fur wouldn't take to the color the dye made as it was a dark near black color. She blushed at his compliment, pleased he thought so, but was sure that it wasn't so much to it.

"Well it's about knowing how they act and what they do. It's not too hard.

she said matter of factly. She knew he was a bit scared of the horses, and she had prevented him from getting too close to them the previous day. She felt bad he felt that was because horses were some of the most gentle creatures of the hooved animals. She could understand how they could be intimidating though. she was enjoying herself, making sure the wool was entirely in the dye and all they would have to do is wait. At least that's what she thought.

"We both had good teachers at least. I will someday know how to read, I was given a book by a friend a long time ago, but I haven't been able to understand any of it. I want to, for the sake that it was given to me, and she told me I would be interested in it."

She said, she'd planned on going to Cercatori for lessons in language, but one thing led to another and she had yet to get herself back to take those lessons from Skye.
[html]

Claudius will be checking the wool every five or so minutes, so you can have Liliana watch and then say when she likes the colour Big Grin

Claudius lifted his hands out and gave them a little shake over the tub. Yep, they were definitely dyed. While he was dyed elsewhere, such as his shoulder, this was not intentional. He supposed it wasn’t a problem given his craft, but he would have much preferred to have a cleaner appearance. Of course, Liliana didn’t seem to mind at all: she plunged right in, pushing the wool into the tub.

Claudius nodded quietly as Liliana spoke and began to search for his wooden ladle. He didn’t know what to say in response, so he just kept nodding as he hunted around the hut. Once he found the ladle, he returned to the tub and used it to push the wool around every few minutes to keeping it equally soaked. Once it was wet enough, it would stop trying to rise to the surface, but it was still good to stir it a bit.

Liliana continued her story as he worked and Claudius was glad for the company. Normally, he did this on his own and the entire dyeing process was very long and quiet.

“We-ell, m-a-aybe one day… I c-could… help… you,” he offered shyly. “Since we-e-e’re a-lmost done here. And um, just... t-tell me when you... l-like the c-c-colour. We have to dye i-it darker and then t-take it out. I'll h-hold it u-p-p every so often to sh-ow you,” he explained. He ducked his head and continued to push the wool around.

[/html]
OOC: Crappy post ; ;

She watched as he did his work, and listened to his instructions. She was patient, and waited, with what seemed like ages, until the color seemed correct. She smiled and nodded.

"That's perfect!"

She said wagging her tail waiting for anymore instructions of what to do to help him, she was sure he would need help getting the heavy drenching wool out of the water.

"Thank you so much I do appreciate this, I hope I can repay you because this is more than I had ever hoped for."

She said.
[html]

That is okay since we are just about done anyways! Big Grin You can have Liliana wring it out with Claudis and then carry it to a clothesline to finish this up. Thanks for the lovely thread!(WC: 304)

When Liliana found a colour she liked, Claudius nodded quickly and then dunked the the blanket back in the dye bath. It would have to soak for another five minutes and once that was done, it would really be the colour she wanted. Dyeing was tricky, since you couldn't always get the exact shade you wanted, but it also meant there was an element of surprise, albeit a very safe one. Claudius liked surprises like this since they couldn't hurt him or bite him. He was mostly thinking of those horrible, big, scary horses which always surprised him and always tried to nibble on his ears!

When she spoke again, Claudius had to duck his head away out of embarrassment. He honestly didn't know how to take a compliment as pointed as that one, so he couldn't help but look away. He shook his head vigorously when she spoke of repayment, for this was his repayment to her so she wasn't allowed to repay him for it. That wasn't how things worked.

"Th-th-th... a-a-ank y-you," he stuttered in a whisper. "B-but you can't... repay... m-me. This i-s my repay-ay-ment to you. M-maybe we c-can just be f-f-friends," he added. "And, uh, umm, n-now, we uh, have to l-lift it. Lift it out. B-but first w-w-we should try... to wring it out... a bit" He grabbed one end of the sodden blanket and pulled it up just a bit to prepare himself. It would cast dye all over her hut if they just lifted it straight out and to a clothesline, so it would be best to try to wring it out a bit first. He didn't think the two of them would be able to carry something so heavy even with their combined strength, so it'd be best to ensure it wasn't dripping wet.

[/html]
OOC: wow we can vouche for longest thread of the year so far? hehe we should have this entered into the yearbook when it comes around >Big Grin

She wanted to say something to him as he dipped the blanket back in, but bit her lip, she was no expert, he was and he knew what he was doing, besides no yellow could be a bad yellow. She listened to his instructions and followed his lead. They were nearly completed and she was excited about it herself. She would hold in the excitement. She kept her mouth shut as well when he said this was repayment. She thought that she was getting the far better end of this whole deal and she knew deep down she wanted to show him he did more than he owed her. She followed his directions feeling happy she could help in some way or another