planetary duality
[html]

300+

Unable to sleep, Kansas had carefully gotten out of bed, grabbed his satchel and silently made his way through the halls of the Manor. He stepped out the front door, closed it gingerly, and bounced down the porch, his pads shocked by the cold of the snow covered grass. A walk would get rid of the pent-up energy that was keeping him awake - difficulty sleeping wasn't an uncommon problem, especially on the days that he spent doing nothing. He hadn't even been able to push himself to hunt, eating the meat kept in stores for the wolves of Crimson Dreams.

Part of him enjoyed his small burden of laziness-induced insomnia. As the ghostly werewolf ambled across the grassy hills, his eyes sought the stars. "Oh my god,' he exclaimed softly, his fingers touching his jaw as they had on other clear nights. The stars were unbelievably crisp and clear, shining with blazing light. Recently, he had begun to read about the universe, and it was the most amazing subject he had ever taken to study. The stars baffled him, because they continued far beyond what his eyes could fathom, both around the world and deeper into the universe.

Kansas climbed the slope of a tall hill, a perfect spot for stargazing. Getting to his knees, he brushed snow away from the grass beneath, clearing himself a seat. He crossed his slender legs, setting his pack in the snow beside him. From the worn black bag he took out a small blue bottle, a pipe, and a lighter. His cold fingers trembled as he took a sticky bud from the bottle, loaded it in his pipe and flicked the lighter into ignition. The earthy taste of the bud immediately soothed him, warming his entire body as he exhaled a giant plume of smoke. The snowy boy was no longer uncertain about smoking. He had not allowed it to become a habit, using it only on occasion. It was natural medicine, perfect for these sleepless nights.

Kansas finished his bowl, stowed the materials in his pack, and returned his gaze to the night sky.

[/html]
[html]

Since J'adore used to be in CD he would know Kansas and would recognise him. I've put that in anyway. I guess he'll have to do a lot of explaining XD Sorry for the length.

The residents of the neighbouring huts didn't seem to mind the light candlelight coming form the large hut just outside the centre of the village. J'adore had stayed up late that night and when he went to attempt sleep he found himself uncapable. So he walked, ran for a while and found himself on a grassy hill, looking up at the starry sky. He pulled a book from his bag and began to read, all the while flicking his attention back to the sky. He first noticed the ghostly shape as he side stepped to the highest point. Double taking and closing his book, careful to keep his index finger between the sides. 'Hey!' J'adore smiled 'Kansas, it's you! How's the pack?' He was happy to see and old face after so long. He had ventured back to Spain after he dissapeared from his pack. He was unsure of what Kansas' reaction would be, or if he would even remember. He would probably have to explain a few things, but if it meant finding out how every body was, it was worth it. He had seen a great deal, since he had left. His family, Europe... He had also, since moving to AniWaya, met a girl. Whom he liked a lot. Valinta was friendly and as easy going as he was.

<style>
.jadore-z29 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.jadore-z29 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.jadore-z29 b {color:#342061; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.jadore-z29 {background-color:#AE9DD4; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/jadore2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#1F192B; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:195px 0px 10px 0px; }
.jadore-z29-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Kansas smiled to himself as his eyes bore into the sky above him. He could spend hours looking at the stars, especially because it was always possible that he would see one of them burst or perhaps fly across the sky. There was nothing closer to magic, except love.

Rustling nearby startled him to his feet. Even on serene nights, Kansas never forget that danger lurked everywhere, and his instincts bristled the fur along his nape and made his eyes search all around him. He thought he was all alone. To his shock, he knew the man who had disturbed him, his earthy face faintly familiar as it appeared before him, presumably from lower on the hill. Kansas relaxed as the man spoke, though he hadn't expected such a warm greeting from someone he knew so little. At first, he couldn't even remember a name, and it made him silent for a full minute.

"J'adore. Good to see you, man," he said, finally. He chuckled awkwardly, his face heating up with unspoken shame for having forgotten someone who clearly remembered him. "Crimson Dreams is still... going strong," the pack seemed to get more tightly-knit as the months passed, its bonds showing no signs of weakening. "Why'd, eh, why'd you leave?" Kansas asked softly, only curious, although he hoped that nothing about his pack had caused J'adore to seek a home elsewhere.

[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
#jadorebook {width:506px; height:695px; margin:auto; margin-top:0px; background-image:url(http://i692.photobucket.com/albums/vv28 ... table2.png); background-position:top left; background-repeat:no-repeat;}
.jadorebooktext {width:403px; margin-top:50px; margin-left:72px; background:none; padding:0px; overflow-y:auto; height:343px;}
.jadorebooktext p {text-align:justify; margin:0px; line-height:15px;}
</style>

J'adore opened his mouth to speak, closed it, chuckled sliently and re-opened his mouth, 'I'd been moving around so much, I couldn't stay still' he turned his head to the sky, 'I went back to Europe, then came back here. I'm in AniWaya now, not too far away'. The wind swirled around lightly. The Spaniard's attention turned to his companion once again, 'What brings you here at this time of night?'. His tone wasn't accusing, it was as curious as Kansas'. He was glad to see his pack was fine, well his old pack. He still felt a tie to it even though it had been months since he'd stepped upon Crimson soil. Now with a friendly face, the goldenman didn't feel as tired as he did a few moments before. He gazed at the stars, some of which he was familiar with, other not so much. Either way they sparkled in the blackness. The blackness in fact was tinted blue, ever so slightly however. It was like a trick, was it blue or black? His ears flicked as night creature rustled in the night, he liked the night. It allowed his to concentrate and chill. Perhaps that was Kansas' reason for being here too.

[/html]
[html]

sorry its so short!

Oh yeah? Kansas nodded, relieved that J'Adore had no complaints about Crimson Dreams and simply yearned to travel. Wanderlust had never come after the snowy brute — he had never understood the itch to leave home and discover the world beyond, though he sometimes wondered how much he was missing. Someday he would see more of the world. He and Savina already planned to get on a ship to Italy when they were older and knew that they were finished with this way of life. They wouldn't be ready for that for many years, and in the meantime Kansas was happy to remain here.

I couldn't sleep, he responded simply, his slender shoulders rolling into a shrug. With a sudden idea, Kansas took his paraphernalia out of his satchel and held them out to show J'adore. Want to smoke? he offered. It did not feel right to keep the marijuana to himself, especially since it had relaxed him so easily. Honestly, the Dreamer hoped J'adore would take the offer and share the good feeling.

<style type="text/css">
.kansasfreeb1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#355679; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #232129; }
.kansasfreeb1-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#9394a0; text-align:center;}
.kansasfreeb1 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.kansasfreeb1 {margin:0 auto; width:460px; background-color:#232129; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... freeb1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #9394a0; padding: 115px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#9394a0; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.kansasfreeb1-border1 {width:462px; border:2px solid #232129; margin:0 auto;}
.kansasfreeb1-line1 {width:430px; border-bottom:1px solid #060507; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
#000+
[/html]
[html]

No prob, I work well with short posts XD.

He nodded and smiled, 'Yes please'. He took some of what Kansas had offered up, marijuana.

The stars shone as he looked up. All the stars seemed to wink at him, it weas a unusual sight, because it seemed, when he looked closer, the sky was splashed with all the different colours. Must be the drugs he deduced, tilting his head. Is it just me or is the sky loads of different colours?' He may be going mad, bu he was sure it was the drugs, if Valinta caught him he'd be dead, litterally. That he was not dreaming up.

The golden male answered the white mans answer that he previously skipped, 'Neither could I'. He had been stupid and stayed up to read, only to find himself unable to sleep. Luckily he had nothing to do that coming morning, he was free to slumber.

'I'm afraid I don't have much to offer you in return, but if you'd care for a drink...' he said producing a small bottle of wine. It was good wine. Inexpensive and rich. Not the best, but just the thing to wet ones throat.

<style type="text/css">
.seastarjadore-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-size:12px; text-align:right;}
.seastarjadore b {font-weight:bold; color:#efc4a3; letter-spacing:1px}
.seastarjadore p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 15px; margin:0px;}
.seastarjadore {margin:0 auto; background-color:#808fa2; background-image:url(http://i56.tinypic.com/f24ihh.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; padding: 250px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#1e263a; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify; width:400px; border:1px solid #202e2e; margin:0 auto;}
</style>
[/html]
[html]

Kansas smiled when the other toked it up as well. Smoking weed was a lot of fun in company, with none of the unpleasant risks posed by alcohol and white drugs. While his the other smoked, the Sadira's sky blue eyes gazed above, where the stars twinkled so luminously that it was almost as if they existed in another dimension. A warm sensation began in his belly as he looked up at the glittering specks, and he was lost in complete adoration of the beautiful, mysterious universe.

His reverie was interrupted by J'adore's comment. Kansas looked quizzically at the man, a pierced chocolate brow rising. Uh... He had never before heard of marijuana causing hallucination, though he was no expert on the strange plant. Must be affecting you weird. A laugh spilled from his throat, rising in volume for a full minute before it died down again. He could not believe that the sky appeared colorful to the tawny-furred man.

His grin disappearing, Kansas glanced at the bottle and felt his stomach lurch. No, thanks. I don't drink. That was partially true; he took drinks with his mate, but even then, never more than a few. Made an idiot of myself too many times. He drew a shaky breath, willing himself to forget his mistakes for the time being. His eyes sought the stars again, and his worries faded away like magic. I, eh... I love the stars. You too?

<style type="text/css">
.kansasfreeb1 b {font-weight:bold; color:#355679; letter-spacing:1px; text-shadow: 0.1em 0.1em 0.2em #232129; }
.kansasfreeb1-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#9394a0; text-align:center;}
.kansasfreeb1 {margin:0 auto; width:460px; background-color:#232129; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... freeb1.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #9394a0; padding: 115px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#9394a0; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.kansasfreeb1-line1 {width:430px; border-bottom:1px solid #060507; margin:0 auto 3px auto;}
</style>
#000+
[/html]
[html]

No problem

He took a sip before returning it to his bag. 'Yes' he said with a nod, he remembered the many books he had read about the heavens, 'I have read many stories about them, still I do not fully understand them'. True, his understanding of them was purely factual or mythology, both entrigued him and baffled him. Of course he had his own ideas revolving around them, most including fact and myth.

'So anything intresting going on in Crimson?' he asked after moments of silence. He had not heard anything from their and was curious. His own pack had remained rather boring as of recently, despite the storm.Though he wouldn't know, he hadn't been there. His time at Cercatori had been quite upsetting, with Gloria's death and all the worry surrounding Orin.

He sighed and reclined. The drugs were beginning to take hold, sending his mind into a slideshow of better thoughts.

He once knew the name of every star and constalations, now as an adult his memory had lapsed. But he still could make out the outlines of a few.

<style>
.jadore-o10 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.jadore-o10 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.jadore-o10 b {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.jadore-o10 {background-color:#990302; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/jadore3.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#240000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:255px 0px 10px 0px; }
.jadore-o10-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Whenever Kansas thought of the stars, a deep sense of wonder overtook him. He read about the heavens with a permanent expression of surprise etched across his features, in awe of everything he learned. It seemed the information that could be learned equaled what could never be understood. The universe the most baffling of anything he had ever studied.

I don't understand either. Eh...no one can, he spoke softly. It was a presumptious way of putting it, but he wouldn't have spoken it if he didn't know it was true. In the silence that followed, Kansas leaned back to rest his head against his satchel so that he could look straight into the sky.

Kansas was quiet for a moment, unsure of how to answer J'adore's question. From the outside, Crimson Dreams appeared to thrive as usual, but within, a dark cloud had settled over them, blocking out the light that ordinarily made the pack such a happy place to live. His daughter's illness had affected them all, even those who had no relationship with the girl. They were all so close and interconnected, sometimes to a fault — the past few weeks had proven that.

Kansas bit his lip, deciding that he couldn't explain the tragedy with the depth it deserved. He was not eloquent enough. Everything's good, he lied. What about AniWaya? You like it there?

<style type="text/css">
</style>
#000+
[/html]
[html]
<style type="text/css">
#jadore {width: 400px; background: #b6daae url('http://i1034.photobucket.com/albums/a428/schattenjager/Graphics/Souls/jadorebg.png') top center no-repeat; padding-top: 280px; border: 1px solid #77918f; font-family: "georgia", serif; font-size: 8pt; color: #6e435e;}
#jadore p {line-height: 10pt; margin-left: 10px; margin-right: 10px; margin-bottom: 10px; text-align: justify;}
#jadore .ooc {color: #77918f; text-align: right;}
#jadore .speak {color: #77918f;}
</style>

I. Did. It. I used the word kerfuffle in a post XD How far after the storm is this set?Big Grin

It's okay' he said said, reclining back against the grass, 'Sometimes it's too quiet...'. I was a peaceful pack, J'adore held that it was his main reason for choosing it. But sometimes he wished something big would happen. To be honest though, after all the kerfuffle revolving around the storm, he was half glad his pack was being dull. A slow influx of new members gave him little to fret over, then again it ave him few people to aid him in his task of repairing his cabin.

He decided not to speak of Gloria to the male, he simply could not bring himself to. Valinta had been depressed abut her death for days after, but it was only to be expected. She had gained weight and had taken to wearing clothes out of self conciousness. He was unsure why though. He had not said anything. He treasured Valinta for who she was, a beautiful, talented, funny girl who, despite being a little dense at times, was in his eyes the woman he wanted to spend his life with. She had spoke once or twice about moving to AniWaya, but only small considerations had sprung from her maw. This left J'adore eager to tidy up his home in case. It had been a fine place for a batchelor, but for a family it was a little unsavoury.

Maybe all that had fallen through with Gloria's death she had said nothing about moving since. Hopefully not, because he wanted to make something of what he had with the black and cream Russian woman.

[/html]
[html]

fail short. Sad again.

Kansas looked over at the tawny man reclined beside him and nodded, understanding but unable to relate. Crimson Dreams was also a quiet pack, never meddling in the affairs of others, its wolves at peace with one another ( for the most part, considering the ongoing struggle he had with Jazper). He did not mind the lack of excitement, because he was happiest when he could relax. Crimson Dreams is quiet too. he explained simply. He could never be happy where there was turmoil, like he had heard of some packs in the area. Crimson Dreams was perfect for him. He was lucky that he had ended up there.

Silence descended again, but it was comfortable. He did not feel obliged to keep up a steady conversation with the other, nor was he nervous. The marijuana had helped his anxiety a little, but he was also calmed by the soft darkness around them. Kansas glanced over at J'Adore occasionally, but otherwise, his turquoise gaze was fixed on the starry heavens. Above, a bright streak suddenly ignited amid the velvet navy-black, bursting several feet across the sky from where he was watching — thought it had traveled miles in reality. He could not fathom their extreme distance from the stars. Did you see that? the snowy werewolf asked softly, turning to look at his companion with a big, pleased smile. I've never seen a shooting star before. That, eh, that was beautiful.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
#000+
[/html]
[html]

You posted, I'm happy!

J'adore did indeed see the shooting star. He smiled and nodded, before turning him head to his white friend. 'Yeah, I see it, pretty'. Saw pehaps was a better word for the flash of light was gone soon after J'adore eyes caught sight of it.

His golden head moved back to it's place, his eyes falling back to the sky. He was almost in a daze as the stars danced above, maybe it was the drugs, for they had made the sky turned different colours. Either way it was a sight not to be scoffed at.

J'adore yawned and closed his eyes, the drugs certainely helped the insomnia. When he spoke the drugs slurred his words slightly, but J'adore still managed articulate his speech. His fingers fiddled with blades of grass and his chest rose and fell slowly and contentedly. What a night.

<style>
.jadore-z29 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.jadore-z29 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.jadore-z29 b {color:#342061; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.jadore-z29 {background-color:#AE9DD4; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/jadore2.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#1F192B; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:195px 0px 10px 0px; }
.jadore-z29-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

The pale boy glanced at his acquaintance as he spoke in a slight slur and smiled slyly, deeply amused by the way marijuana was affecting J'adore. He was unaware that marijuana could alter one's speech, although he was no expert. He barely remembered his own behavior during his first high — smoking out of Cotl's gas mask had really hit him hard, but he did not recall speaking any differently. The affect probably depended on the individual. Kansas could not think of another explanation for J'adore's reaction, but he definitely thought it was funny.

Yeah. Kansas agreed, then sat up, leaning against his limber arms and large hands. He kept reverting the conversation back to the sky, and he wondered if J'adore found it annoying. Whenever he smoked herb on starry nights, he became obsessively fascinated by the wonder of the unknown that existed outside of the little box containing his life. He worked on expanding his thoughts outside of that containment; it was why he read constantly, and why he liked to get high and think deeply. He was not exactly vomiting his speculations and burning questions about the universe to J'adore, however, being too inarticulate to speak of such things. It was frustrating to have so much in his mind yet be unable to voice any of it, when he so wanted to immediately vent his confusion about where they all had came from, and why they were here. He was grateful for his mate, for he could always talk to her. When he returned home, Savina was going to hear a lot of fragmented ideas.

Sighing, Kansas broke out of his inner bewilderment and looked back at his companion. You have family here? he asked curiously. The Sadira had never learned much about the man during his stay at Crimson Dreams.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
#300+
[/html]
[html]

Close thread soon? I have way too many threads.

J'adore sat up and streched, 'Mmmhu' he murmured sleepily, 'A future mate, long story. And a boy, Gunnar, adopted. I did hve a daughter but she died'. J'adore said it in a happy tone, obviously the drugs had given him the ability to speak about Gloria without hesitation. Though he almost forgot what he had said, only noticing seconds after adding in a soft frown.

J'adore stood up, unsteadily, and let out a small cough. 'I have to head off now' he said, trying to focus his vision, 'Pack duties and the like' he added, stumbling backwards a few steps. Finally balanced, he picked up his bag and continued his stoned ramble, 'Been good to see you again'.

J'adore tossed his head back lazily, giving one last look at the stars before he set off. It truly was a magnificent sight. All those colors, all those lights, his mind ran away with his as he strained his eyes to makes sense of them. He knew they made pictures in the sky but the drugs confused his mind slightly. He could not make heads or tails of them. But, god, were they pretty.

<style>
.jadore-o10 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.jadore-o10 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.jadore-o10 b {color:#FFFFFF; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.jadore-o10 {background-color:#990302; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/jadore3.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#240000; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:255px 0px 10px 0px; }
.jadore-o10-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

Kansas furrowed his brow, puzzled about J'adore's nonchalance when he spoke of his dead daughter. Even if the marijuana had dulled his emotions slightly, the young father expected more compassion. Losing a child would be unbearably painful. He had tasted the pain himself, having nearly lost two of his own little girls. If either Cambria or Amata had died, he could not see himself ever again speaking of them without feeling tears in his eyes.

Kansas remained seated when J'adore stood, eying him uncomfortably. He was surprised that J'adore was leaving so soon after their initial encounter, but of course he had his reasons. A smile broke across Kansas lips. Yeah, you too. Eh... try not to trip over yourself... he mumbled as an afterthought, his smile now sly. He waved after the bumbling, stoned Aniwaya wolf before laying on his back once again with a satisfied sigh. Tonight had been very interesting, he was pleased with it. As he stared into the dark heavens, his eyelids grew heavy. He needed to get up and walk home before he was also at risk of stumbling around. Kansas gathered his satchel over his shoulder, rose to his feet and slowly traipsed towards home, thinking happily of the cozy sleep he would soon share with Savina.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
[/html]