when the day met the night
[html]
<3 faolin ... yay short posts!

Smoke was overwhelming. While Toxic tried to stay as out of sight as possible while following the group in the pitch black, he noticed his throat was burning and his eyes were watering. There was nothing but darkness in front of him and for an five month old, it was infuriating. He moaned and yipped for the first time all night and let his annoyance come out. His legs ached, his eyes hurt... Toxic was not happy. If Asphyxia was here she would have him on the wagon and Toxic could sleep until they reached safety, wrapped up in Garnet or Midnight's fur. A wail escaped the little boy and at the time he didn't care if he was heard. The little boy plopped down on the freezing ground, heartily depressed. Sleep was dancing on his eyelids, if only he could lay down for a while....

[/html]
[html]

Faolin and Gabriel had taken turns carrying the puppies and let them walk every so often on there own when the air felt clearer, right now it was really smoky and her eyes were burning. She heard something, a whimper and looked at her own children following along beside her. They had slowed there pace slightly but were still traveling a long distance made everyone tired. It did not seem to come from them and the girl quirked a brow. Red eyes drifted behind her to see where the sound came from. Faolin caught the body of one of her siblings drop to the ground and she stopped, telling her children to continue forth beside Gabriel. Slowing her pace she made her way towards Toxic and nudged him with her muzzle. Come on, we got to keep moving, her tone was soft and motherly as it always was. Her tongue slipped out on his forehead and she gave him another nudge. His fur tasted like the smoke and she took in a sharp breath which burned her throat even more.

[/html]
[html]

Toxic barely understood why things were happening as they were, but all of that took a back-seat because sleep trumped everything in the world right now. Before he was about to curl up into a tight little ball, Faolin came to him and nuzzled him just like Asphyxia used to do, just like his own mother. Why do I have to keep going? I'm so tired, I can't walk anymore. Mom and Dad aren't with me, Garnet's not with me, Midnight's not... Toxic slumped a little more, truly devestated. You're my sister, right? He asked Faolin who he tried to give a smile but couldn't find the energy. She had those little puppies that were always at her side or with Gabriel... He had wanted to come up to her before but never had the chance. Maybe Toxic could stay with her some day.

[/html]
[html]

She smiled when he responded and gave him another nudge. She hoped that her mother had made it out okay, their mother to be exact. The girl gave her head a shake and rose it, her eyes drifted towards the light of the sky. It seemed like it was day, everything was so bright, even though it was late night almost early morning. 'Well, I doubt any of them are hurt, our mom is pretty smart. Trust me on that one, nothing could kill that old bag,' she laughed and licked his forehead again. Her tail swished side to side and then looked at the moving group. 'I'm sure she'll find us again and yes, I am your older sister. Your dad's brother was my father, but we both share the same mother,' she smiled and gave him another nudge. 'I don't want to have to tell them you gave up half way through, would I?'

[/html]
[html]
grrr for my silly tutor. I want to stay at home and post >_>;; I'll be back around 9ish.

Why would my mom have babies with two different people.. and why would she leave your dad? He was truly naïve and didn't understand the real way things worked in the world, so he didn't understand what Faolin had told him. Though he was glad that he had someone that shared his blood close to him at such a turbulent time even if he just met her. She kept nudging him, and if it was his mom nudging him he would have probably just snapped at her and fallen to the floor. But for fear of being impolite, he sighed and got up on his haunches again, even though they ached like crazy. I guess not. I hope she's okay though.. I don't even know where she and Dad went. Did you...wait. My dad's your uncle? That's really weird... Is that supposed to happen? He hoped he wasn't being too annoying, asking question after question. But one more shouldn't hurt. Can I play with you, or play a game or something?My family didn't really mention you, and I think you're really nice. Maybe we can be friends.

[/html]
[html]
It's okay! (:

'Well, my father was not all that great. He.. died.' Yeah, he died. He was murdered for good reason. Faolin had taken his life with her own hands. Although, she would keep this information hidden. Information only Hybrid, herself and Gabriel knew. She really did not want to tell anyone she killed her own father, though her reasons were definitely justified. Those glowing red eyes burned right through her mind and she had to shut her eyes for a moment. 'Haha, there is no rule against it, but I find it quite funny too,' she laughed and watched him carefully as he rose. As soon as it was safe she would break off to find some food for the small group. A couple rabbits maybe, but all the animals would be running and hiding, so she doubted it would be any time soon. 'Of course we can be friends! And, what kind of game would you like to play?' she asked, hoping too she could get her mind off of the fire.

[/html]
[html]

Oh, he said simply in reaction to Faolin's statement. That meant they were in the same boat then, right? Naxolone was basically dead in the pup's eyes (though Toxic didn't like thinking about that). Maybe after a little more prodding she would be more open to talking about their family Toxic knew so little about. Neither of his parents said much about why they left so often and so suddenly all the time, but he figured there would be a time and place for that. Faolin was a nice sister, though, and entertained Toxic's idea for a game. Can I play with your puppies? They're my sister and brothers too, right? Toxic didn't know all the relationhips in a family yet and so didn't realize the error in this foolish question. What about hide and go seek? That's fun! I'll go hide! Suddenly a grin was plastered on the little kid's face, and he was giggling. The poor thing hadn't played a fun game in ages. The last one had been with his sister, but who knew how long ago that was?

[/html]
[html]
<3

Faolin did not know much about her family anymore. The only side of her family she really knew anything about was Segodi and even that was minimal information. When Asphyxia did come back the two barely talked and it was a hello and bye every once in a while, but that was about it. Memories from the past were fading and she hardly recognized her mother at all anymore. "Sure, you can play with them! Although, they are not your siblings, they are in fact your niece and nephew," she smiled and looked over to Talitha and Ezekiel who walked along behind their dad, very tired and weary. They seemed so sad and tired. "Ezekiel... Talitha, come over here." Instantly both their ears shot up and they stopped and then bounded over to Faolin's side. 'Momma, I'm tir'd,' Talitha piped up and then looked over at the coyote standing beside her mom. Instantly the two withdrew to their mother's side and tried to peer around her leg and around each other. Faolin laughed and shook her head, stepping out of the way. "The boy there is Ezekiel, and that is Talitha." As soon as Faolin mentioned Ezie's name his tail whipped back and forth happily.

[/html]
hey, do you want to close this? they're sort of friends now ... and i will be gone all next week. we can just have another one when i come back? and now that's asphyxia's being played again toxic doesn't have to be sooo close to his sister as we originally planned, just.. they can chill once in a while or something.
Yes, definitely. We can have another thread once you get back! (: