the future surrounds us
[html]
She was stronger now. Walking didn't hurt so much, and so she and Tristan had been out exploring the lands, slowly combing them over for the scents of her family and friends. So far, she had only found trace whispers of the scents she had known in Bleeding Souls. With still fresh wounds the red wolf lifted her head letting out a thick and hearty howl. Her spirit was back, after all the loss. This was a chance, and one thing Fatin Kali never did was waste a chance. "Hopefully, some will come." She said quietly.
[/html]
[html]
While Fatin looked for survivors, Tristan had been hunting for both of them. She needed the food more then he did, but he was a skilled hunter and brought back enough o that they did not go hungry. Tristan had begun sleeping again as soon as Fatin showed sign of recovery. All too often, though, he was woken when she began talking in her sleep. When she cried out her children’s names he had to move away from her, and he sat for hours in silence until she quieted down. He never woke her. He couldn’t stand to see what might be in her eyes. Now though, he sat next to his sister, a massive wolf with fur several shades darker then her own, eyes cold and pale and nearly colorless. They would see, now, who would come.
[/html]
Melisande had never felt so alone in her entire life. She didn't stop running until she was far, far from the fire, and then she had collapsed, shaking, scared. What had happened to all her beloved family? Dad, Mom, Konane, Laruku, everyone. Exhaust had taken her, and the next thing she knew, she was dreaming. The only interruption was a familiar call, in an unfamiliar land. At first she only lifted her head groggily, wondering if this was still the land in her head, where dreams dwelled, and reality faded.

Then, as her eyes cleared and she saw that not only was it a beautiful day, but also that it was reality, she got to her feet and ran in the direction of the call. She was surprisingly close to Fatin, and bounded down a hillside to see her. "Fatin! I'm so glad you are alive... is there anyone else?"
[html]
She wasn't even aware of what she whispered in the darkness. Her words fell out of a mouth that hardly moved and her brother gave her her space and let her work things out on her own. She was unaware of it, the memories she faced each night were dissipated by morning's first light. He had been her support for the past few days and they had spent them combing across different lands. She had found a small grove of trees tightly woven together to form a circle. They were in the heart of the forest and seemed safe enough, secretive enough. For now, that served as the headquarters for their operations. If they parted ways, they met at the circle again.

The sound of running paws broke Fatin's little trance and her eyes caught the white blip of her pseudo-niece. She had not seen Melisande or Lisichka for that matter in so long, it was a very welcome sight to see the girl approaching her! Burying her face into the younger girl's fur Fatin was beaming. "Just my brother Tristan....we've decided to see if anyone else has made it, and start a pack..." She looked the girl over, checking for any burns. "Are you OK? What about Clouded Tears?" A million questions, but like everything else, they needed to take it all one step at a time.
[/html]
[html]
[Image: 1-7.jpg]

She did not know what was going on. The last thing she knew, she had been following Remedy...but now she was completely lost. Esme had been lost before...she had only just joined Jaded Shadows...and this reminded her of those days, but with a little added danger. Remedy had not told her what was going on, but Esme could smell the smoke from where she had been resting. It had definitely scared her, and she had listened to Remedy and tried to follow her lead as well as she could.

The young pup was unharmed, being so low to the ground that she had not breathed in a lot of the smoke. She wandered around in the forest until she saw something up ahead, and heard voices. Someone was there! The frightened puppy ran toward the voices as fast as she could, intruding and winding up right in the middle of the circle of trees. She looked around, not seeing anyone that she recognized...until her eyes fell on Fatin.

The sooty girl ran toward the adult, trying to hide beside her. "Fire! fire fire!!" She could barely talk, but that was one word that she'd be saying for a very long time.

[/html]
[html]
Tristan remained silent as the stranger came flying towards his sister, muscles tensing just slightly. Upon realizing they knew each other, he instantly relaxed. No outward sign of recognition beyond a glance was given to the girl, as Fatin took the leads with this. It was at this point that a ball of white fluff started screaming, and Tristan’s ears turned back. While he was tolerant and often did like children, around strangers he kept himself contained. “There’s no fire here,” he said sharply, glancing up as a bird cut across the clearing.
[/html]
She nodded, yes, she was okay, and opened her mouth to speak to the two wolves. But just as she did so, a small white streak flew at the three of them, yelling about a fire. Tristan, who seemed a little nervous about things himself, quickly and seriously stated that there was no fire. "Its alright little one, you are safe with us. Do you have a family somewhere?" It seemed like she was finding out that one of her relatives had puppies every other day, and if she knew the parents - or even if she didn't - she would be more than willing to attempt to find them, even with all the chaos going on. She shrugged at Fatin. "I don't know where anyone else is."
[html]

Well that sickness had come at a great time hadn't it? Sedition had just begun to get over his illness when the fire had begun. He was still weak from the fever and the nausea that had plagued him for close to two weeks, he didn't have the strength to run. His full-shifted form had been set aside for times of need and thankfully he could shift to Secui without much effort. The smoke and flame did little to help either, the smoke filling his already fever-pained lungs and causing him to struggle to keep moving. He did however and somehow managed to survive along with his small bag from Berowick. Daniel, Vorr's crow had seen flame and Sedition had sent him back to Berowick with the message that he would be okay and that their small grave tribute to Teri Wick would be set up wherever he managed to find shelter, 'Souls wouldn't have appreciated the sentiment anyway. Urgency and fear filled his brain but he set it aside, being foolish would do no good; he was old enough to know better.

Far away from the fire he sat down to rest his leg, cramped and paining still from the sickness that had taken hold of him before. While he was resting he had managed to trace a scent, a familiar pine and tree scent that he knew could only come from living on the mountain for so long. Fatin? He hadn't had time to get to know the alpha of Jaded Shadows but now he saw her ahead of him, his slow and sick limp would have been aided by the cane he had carved during his seclusion but instead was tightly bound to his back. Limping in his Secui form he gave a nod to the small group: male, two females and a youngster. He put his own worrying, pain and trickling fear out of his mind as relief washed over him. "Fatin, I'm glad you made it out okay." The male seemed protective so he gave a little more of a bow to him before turning back to her, "Have you seen others? Are you okay?" He knew nothing of healing but anything he could do he would.

[/html]
[html]
It was all burning away. The chocolate colored girl had been traveling, an attempt to return home and settle in, only to find that her home was turning to nothing more than dust. She'd been watching it from the mountain for the majority of the night, wondering and waiting, not knowing whether her mother or siblings would survive. Hymn had gotten there to late though, there was little use in charging head first into the fire to try and save whoever she could, and so she moved on. Her plan was to simply pass through these new lands to return, but now it seemed that she would have to stay, though she knew she was not alone. The scents of home, of wolves from Bleeding Souls, was thick in the area. They were coming here to escape the fire.

Night had already passed by the time she made it off of the mountain and back in to the lands, bringing the cool chill of morning along with it. It was then, as she made her way deeper in to the strange territory, that a call hit the air. It was vaguely familiar, something she could remember from so long ago. The voice, it was family. Quietly, carefully, the girl made her way farther inward, not stopping until the moment she could see them. A group, only one that she could recognize, and the site of her made the girl slow. She didn't stop though, not until the moment that she was several feet away from them. What could she say? Would she even know who she was?
[/html]
[html]
It took a few moments for everything to sink in. First, Esme Acidic ran into the area, and Fatin leaned down to gently nudge the little white fuzz ball. Thank the Gods themselves that she took after her mother and not Ravesque! "Hush now Darling, the fire is dead and we're safe...." She said quietly. Her eyes flickered from Tristan towards Melisande and she took a deep breath. "She has a relative, Remedy Acidic. But I don't know where she is right now." She let out a low sigh and then tilted her head up towards the skies. "We need to stick together, see if we can't find more wolves around here....I think it would be much safer than going it alone." Lord knew she probably would have died already without Tristan watching over her. Sedition soon arrived on the scene, and her heart pounded. Jaded Shadows.

"Sedition!" She let out a cry, ambling over to him as fas as she could with her swollen foot. "Oh Sed...I...I don't know where anyone is..and Amaury and Miriad...they...they didn't make it." She winced and turned towards the sounds of approaching feet. Her jaw went slack, and she felt her tail start wagging. She felt her whole being start to shiver and for a moment, at least one piece of good news came her way in the form of her oldest grandchild. "Hymn! Oh gods, babygirl where have you been?" Fatin had ran to each person she had spotted, grateful for the tiny pieces of her past that had arrived literally on her doorstep. She first inspected the grown woman, carefully to make sure that there was no injuries on her. "My gods..." She said quietly, glancing from figure to figure. Two were her family directly, and two others had ties to her that made them family even if not directly. The last was a friend that she wanted to get closer to again. "You're all my family...and my dream. I formed a pack when I was away from Bleeding Souls called Labyrinth Glen....until we know if others survived, or maybe even after if this is a life you enjoy, would you all stay here?"
[/html]
[html]
In his three years, Tristan had been in two packs. Now, it seemed, things had come full circle, as was the way of the world. Always in threes, he supposed. Like birth and death, and the good and the bad. The pale-eyed male nearly smiled at the thought, listening to his sister, watching her find the lost souls as she always seemed to do. How much of their family had been drawn to her? More then enough. She had a magnetizing, polarizing power—even if she herself did not recognize this. He nodded. He had promised her to stay as long as he could. Until he found need to leave, this would be the case.
[/html]
Melisande watched her aunt run from person to person, showing so freely the love she had for all of them. Despite the destruction, despite everything, she found herself smiling. Melis had always valued family above everything else, even if they weren't blood relations. These wolves needed her, she could see, and nodded when Fatin asked her question. She'd been fairly quiet most of her life, watching and observing, trying to make everyone happy. But these wolves needed her, and she needed them. She spoke to her aunt first. "I think that is a beautiful name, and I promise... as long as it exists, I will do everything I can for it. We need to stick together to survive."

She looked around at the rest of them, most of them she didn't know, and yet, she had a feeling that she would learn to trust them, and that they would learn to trust her. "I am Melisande Sadira, for those of you who don't know me." She then gave an elegant bow, and looked around, hoping to learn the other wolves names.
[html]
http://avatars.ourdarkarts.net/souls/ot ... bottom.jpg) no-repeat; background-position: center bottom; width: 400px; border: 1px solid #000;" align="center">

BIC:
He smiled at Fatin, her enthusiasm and happiness quickly disappearing at the mention of Amaury and Miriad. It was a shame to lose anyone and Sedition knew the feeling all too well. A glance to the other three wolves made the homesickness for Berowick all the stronger, but now wasn't the time to think about that. As Fatin spoke to the newly approached wolf, then back to the group Sed couldn't help but smile at her strength. How much had she been through?

Again a reminder of Vorraussetzung came to mind and he sat, curling his tail around him and flicking his ears forward to listen. Blue eyes gently lightened by the prospect of something, anything more that wouldn't require him to run home. A new pack? He hadn't thought her the type to start up something new -- she had seemed so dedicated to Jaded Shadows when he had had the chance to get to know her before he left. Fire meant change. He could fully appreciate that now.

A wolf named Melisande spoke and Sedition nodded to her words, the protective male hadn't given his name but his own nod had affirmed what he was thinking. He'd stay, he'd stay for as long as he could. "I'm Sedition Wick. I'll stay and provide what I can. I've belonged to many homes and Labyrinth Glen shall have my faith just the same." His own bow and then he sat back down.

[/html]
[html]
For a very fleeting moment Hymn thought that it might be better for everyone if she just turned and went on her way. She hadn't ever stuck around long enough to truly know her family, so how could she expect them to know her? She had abandoned her grandmother, her siblings, and even her own mother, all for a man who wasn't even really her father. Even to that very day she still didn't understand why he had left them. The young woman had traveled far and long to find him, to get answers to her questions, only to be left without a trace of him at the very end. It was better off that way, perhaps. It had broken her heart when he told her that he wasn't really her father, when he explained how she came about. She'd left in a fit of anger toward her mother for hiding it, ran away. She understood now, though, but somehow she knew it was to late.

Her attention drifted away from her thoughts at the exclamation of her name, bringing her eyes to the woman that she knew as her grandmother. A very faint, unsure smile stretched across her face then, broken only by the shaken breath that came afterwards. It was some kind of miracle that she'd been recognized. Even still, the chocolate woman felt slightly out of place. What right did she have coming to seek out her family after she had abandoned them all so long ago? There wasn't time to dwell on the thought, Fatin turn and regarded them all once more, inviting them to stay. A few spoke, accepting her offer to stay and introducing themselves, but Hymn was hesitant.

Finally she shuffled forward, only a few short steps, and cleared her throat. "Hymn Kiles." She said then, quiet and awkward. It was the first time she'd ever introduced herself with her mother's name. "Mom is gone, isn't she?" Bright green eyes turned toward Fatin then, watching and waiting. Somehow, Hymn already knew.

[/html]
[html]
It seemed that things had come around and people began to enlist themselves to her cause. She smiled softly, feeling a sense of hope swell from the pit of her stomach that she hadnt had in a long, long time. There was no time to ponder if they should move and try and find the other packs - the here and now said that what they had couldn't be ignored. "So a pack we shall be..." She said quietly, but firmly.

Hymn's small voice caught her attention and she sighed softly, glancing around the group once more. "Melisande, Tristan, would you two sort of....take charge, start marking off the borders and such? I need to talk to Hymn for a moment.." She left the two wolves fully capable of leading their small band, choosing to lead her granddaughter away for the moment to talk about equally serious, but far more grave matters. It hadn't occured to her until just then that she had been forced to leave Phasma behind too.....and now, her daughter didn't even have the house she loved so much to comfort her. She had the rebirth to watch, and she hoped that Phasma would find her own rebirth in that. Fatin believed that the spirits remained, watching and caring for the lands long after their flesh had returned to the earth. Mercido and Phasma both would leave behind a beauty for the years beyond, Fatin was sure of it.
[/html]