M - Darling I want to... destroy you.
[html]
WARNING This thread contains: drug usage, starting with the 9th post. Reader discretion is advised.

WC 654

The monster was not impressed with what she saw.

She wasted her time. All this time and delicate panning to follow a fool's rumor only to be sorely disappointed once her work came to fruition. She wondered how she could even reasonably be surprised. The freaks and the drunks and the junkies in the dilapidated saloons of End-World could never really have known what Nova Scotia was like. If they did they certainly would not be rotting away, breathing in the toxic air of the crippled city. No one who came from a place like this could survive in End-World, nor would they want to. If the radiation did not kill them in a week then they would have fled that ghastly place. Anyone normal enough to come from a continent like this would have surely recoiled in horror upon first sight of the mutated children of End-World. Perhaps the sight would send one of these normal weaklings into convulsions and seize their heart right there on the spot. The woman could not hold back a grim grin at this image...

Although she never wanted to go back, part of her yearned to return to that wretched place and annihilate every last one of those vermin who swore up and down on their life that this place was a paradise. Swore that this place was free. Nobody was free, not anymore. They were freer before, when their nature was far more feral. But now no one was free after the apocalypse. Don't turn your back on the trees, for even they will rise up in a gang behind you and force you to assimilate.

Scowling, the woman peered over her shoulder, but the snow laden foliage behind her only twitched at the mercy of the undulating zephyr. She turned back around and crouched down on her perch. The snow around her had softened on the rock and occasionally small bits would break from the rest to slide over the rock face and drop to the powder below. She slung one hand into the belt that crisscrossed her breast and her fingers toyed with the ties on one of the many pouches she carried there, though she did not retrieve any items.

There was not supposed to be any packs in Nova Scotia. It was supposed to be a forested paradise for the rogues. A place Nuki might have found herself at home at. She could handle fellow rogues and the culture amongst thieves, but she detested the organizations of the mafias and gangs that riddled this dead world. Why couldn't they just accept it? The world was dead now, and soon they all would be too. What were they achieving? What was the glory in banding together as they did? Oh, surely, the leaders of these mobs had the right idea... brainwash your followers and earn fame, power, and wealth. But what the fuck did everyone else think they were doing? Most of them were dead by their comrades hands within six months anyway. (At least they were in Nuki's point of reference, in End-World.) Oh well, it was a befitting fate for those so daft.

There were a lot of packs in this place that was free of packs. Nuki snorted in disgust. She had detected the first trace of an organization the moment her ship docked. They docked in a claimed territory for Christ's sake! Of course, it has been on the outskirts and the sailors led them away from the borders quickly. Nuki scowled at the memory... My first day here and already I was on the run. Even if she would not return to End-World, she would seek her revenge for this.

“There are no packs in 'Souls,” she grumbled mockingly. “Then why the fuck have I smelled two, and am looking right at the borders of another? They're full of more shit than a five legged sow.”

<style>
.nuki-d04 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.nuki-d04 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.nuki-d04 b {color:#1C1803; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.nuki-d04 {background-color:#BBA63F; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/nuki.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#4B4112; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:190px 0px 10px 0px; }
.nuki-d04-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 331 OOC: DON”T DO IT DENALI!!! RUN AWAY RUN AWAY!!!

Today was another carefree day. He had bundled up once again, but not so thickly as ne normally did… he found he liked the freedom of his arms and lets. Today he was going to leave the borders again, to find another really cool adventure. He might find those pirates he’d heard about near the sea on the other side possibly? Whatever the case may be he was sure to find something interesting. Oh it was going to be a great day he could feel it! He was walking slowly, in no hurry to move the day along than he really needed to, and it seemed to give him a good reason why, as he neared the borders. There was a stranger there, now Denali was as innocent as the day he was born and any evil in the world had always been some kind of accident to him, so he could not see that this woman was someone that he should be scared of… He had a wide smile on his face, which was looking less and less like a puppy’s every day, though he still had that slight look that made him in between… he was neither puppy nor adult, but this was not his concern. He had found someone who might be indicated as a pirate, though he didn’t know why… he just had that “feeling”

Hi!

He said, his chipper voice was at its changing point just as his growth was. He would be an adult soon. And then he wouldn’t have to worry about any puppy things anymore, this made him happy, soon he would not be a puppy, so he was big enough to at least greet someone at the borders.

My name’s Denali, what’s yours?

He said, his tail was wagging to show her that he was happy to see her, it also told her of many things, things that were so subtle, that he didn’t even know it. He liked her already then again he liked everyone.

<style type="text/css">
.denalibear b {font-weight:bold; color:#80E067; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.denalibear-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right; }
.denalibear p {text-indent:10px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.denalibear {margin:0 auto; width:398px; background-color:#56992E; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... libear.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0C100A; padding: 210px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#2E5B2E; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Erin

[/html]
[html]

WC 436

Someone was coming. The deft woman could see the creature moving on the other side of this pack's marked borders. Her two-toned ears alert as she listened to the sounds of his footsteps as he plodded through the snow. He was coming straight towards her, and yes, he had seen her. She watched the boy with indifference, sizing him up and deciding that he was no immediate threat to her safety. If she was to survive here she would need to exercise the same tact that kept her alive in End-World. So as the boy approached she changed her posture. She rose out of her brooding crouch and dropped down from her vantage point atop the rocks, her foot-paws digging deep ruts in the snow as she landed. The items in her packs clanked together. All of her possessions were on her person at that time tucked away in an array of packs, pouches, and containers. Her bow was slung over one shoulder, and she made no attempt to grasp for it.

She knew politics well, and adjusted her body language accordingly. Though she never did quite manage to look pleased, she did not look as off-putting as she had a moment before.

My my... this little boy sure is a friendly one, isn't he? Apparently they bred them stupid in these parts. Well, it was to be expected in a place like this. She glanced over the boy's shoulder at the lands behind him and sneered for a minute. The lands were plentiful and would make a good home for anybody – it was just a matter of time before any pack in a place like this fell to complacency and began raising pups as smart as dung.

Her ruby eyes turned back to the boy and a smile crossed her face. It was fake, but Nuki had years of practice. “Hello, Denali.” She spoke in a firm voice with indiscernible emotion. He certainly was happy to see her. Well, this just might work out to her benefit.

“My name is Nuki,” she repeated in a tone not unlike his, though laced with a dark undercurrent. The tall woman stepped closer to the adolescent and reached out her hand, grasping him under the chin to tilt his head up just a little, though not harshly, and letting her fingers trail under his jaw much like an owner would do to their loyal pet. Then she dropped her hand. “Well it's certainly my pleasure to meet a handsome boy like you. Tell me, what are you doing here in a place like this?”

<style>
.nuki-d04 {background-color:#BBA63F; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/nuki.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#4B4112; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:190px 0px 10px 0px; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 237 OOC: He did not listen to my advice

Denali couldn’t really tell her subtleness, nor could he tell anything fake from real, whatever he saw he thought was all real. So her smile made her seem like a happy wolf and he couldn’t help but beam at her. she was really nice! He was slightly put off when she reached over and took a hold of his chin, but it was like what a visiting relative would do to see how much he’d grown. So he didn’t put too much into it, and her answer to her findings of his face were what Denali wanted to hear. His tail wagged happily, and he couldn’t help but give out a little giggle.

This is my home, it’s called Crimson dreams!

He said happily. He had a good look at her now that she was so much closer, and as usual she was quite a bit taller than he was. Her hair was so interesting, a different style than he was use to, he hadn’t seen anything like it, well he saw braids all the time, but how it stuck up like that, was so cool, he liked it… though he could feel a slight uneasiness, but he put it in the back of his mind as being like that because she was new, so he would be feeling like that not knowing what someone would be like, ut so far she was really nice.

<style type="text/css">
.denalibear-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:georgia, serif; font-size:11px; text-align:right; }
.denalibear {margin:0 auto; width:398px; background-color:#56992E; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... libear.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #0C100A; padding: 210px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#2E5B2E; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Erin

[/html]
[html]

OOC hehe Never trust someone who smiles too much. wc 353

“Crimson Dreams, you say?” A devilish smile played onto her muzzle as the little boy was so forthcoming with the information she wanted. Her eyes slanted with the grin but she kept up her friendly ruse. She slipped over next to the young almond colored wolf and slid an arm around his shoulder, embracing him like an old friend. “And who lives here with you in Crimson Dreams? Your family, I take it?”

Her eyes scanned the area around them, surveying for any onlookers or anyone else who might approach who may not be as naive as the boy. She needed information on the packs that lived in this place if they were going to coexist, but had no faith in the leadership that ruled them. All the troubles of her past had been caused by the mobs and mafias and so called packs in End-World, so the woman had an innate distrust for organizations such as Denali's pack. Judging by the lay of the land she could already tell that they were not openly at war with each other – at least there had been no evidence of battle in the places she has been so far. This would make it both easier and harder to work under the pack's radar.

If two clans were warring they were usually too caught up with each other to notice you. On the other hand, if they did notice you, they would try to recruit you into their ranks or deem you an enemy and kill you. If packs were at peace they were typically complacent and were not suspicious of every last person roaming around outside their borders. But if they were not warring, then they would also be less distracted, and would notice if there was an obvious misstep.

“Denali my friend,” she placed her free hand on her belly. “I'm famished. What say you we go find ourselves a little something to eat? Oh no, not that way, this way...” She waved her hand towards the outlying area, the place that was unclaimed and uncontrolled by the pack.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 224 OOC: Yeah!!!

Yes Ma’am

He said, though he bordered on rudeness he was always trying to be polite… once or twice. He had to think a little, because the pack was full of wolves,

My mom and dad and sisters and brothers… and my friends, and my uncles and aunties, they live here… we are all a family!

He said wagging his tail, feeling that this place was special just for that reason. He didn’t know anyone who wasn’t related… well he wasn’t technically related but the color blind pup still fit in so very well. He watched as she scanned the area, feeling she was getting a good look at what there was, this place was pretty after all. He could see why she liked its sight.

The best place is Rabbit lake but that’s over there

He pointed, but she didn’t seem very interested, in fact she said she was hungry and that they should look for something to eat, he pointed again ad the lake that had fish… under the ice but she indicated the opposite. Denali wasn’t going to argue, in fact he was going to leave the lands after all, it was only a matter of time before he did so he happily moved out of the safety of the borders, wondering what kind of treat she had. If anything.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Erin

[/html]
[html]

WC 527

Oh, this was just too easy! She almost laughed out loud.

The hellion grinned as she guided the boy away from the safety and protection of his pack's territory. Of course, he was more familiar with his homelands and would know the ripest land to find food in, but Nuki was not so arrogant as to enter the pack's land. They were not trustworthy. Maybe later she would put on her best act and pretend to play nice with the little pack doggies, but for now she needed to survey her situation thoroughly. She was a patient hunter and a survivalist. She could take her time.

“Well now, it certainly does sound like a wonderful place with all your family there. How big is your family? You're lucky, I don't have much of a family. I did for a little while but they are all gone now.” She had a living half-brother, Argul, who had joined her in her journey to Nova Scotia, but she was not about to tell this to the boy. There was no point. She was manipulating him, not feeding him information. She already knew that she would let the boy return home today – this was a reconnaissance mission only, not a pleasure (aka killing) mission – and when he went home he would probably tell somebody about meeting her. It would most likely be written off if she did not clue the teenager into the fact that she could be dangerous. In fact, if he was wandering outside of the pack's borders, maybe he was disobeying the rules. Maybe he wouldn't tell anyone at all, for fear of tattling on himself.

Nuki glanced over her shoulder at the borders that stretched farther and farther away. “So Denali, do you adventure outside of your home a lot?” She did not want to remind him that he was leaving his pack's lands, but it would help to know how likely he was to tell anybody he had met her. Still, she would make friends with him... a task that had pretty much already been accomplished for her by the boy's naivete... and at least he might not portray her as a threat.

Her hand slipped down onto his bicep as though by accident and she gasped in surprise. “Hmm... You're strong, aren't you? Are you as good of a hunter as you look? You see, I've kind of got my arms full here.” She shrugged one of her packs and some of her hidden possessions jangled. “So it's a little hard for me to hunt right now. I have my bow but I'd prefer not to use it so close to your pack's territory, lest someone get the wrong idea. Maybe if you could do me a favor and find us a little snack I could give you a nice reward.”

Her smile widened into a satisfied grin. Oh yes, she had a glorious reward for the boy that would certainly keep her in his good graces, and might just be the bait to bring him to her in the future, too. Now, if he would trip the snare.

<style>
.nukiraven-2 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.nukiraven-2 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.nukiraven-2 b {color:#01010b; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.nukiraven-2 {background-color:#224252; background-image:url(http://img4.imageshack.us/img4/1150/nukiraven2.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#848d93; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:460px; text-align:justify; padding:0px 0px 230px 0px; }
</style>[/html]
[html]

WC: 397 OOC: you can determine if the squirrel is dead of not <3.

He was so happy to be making another friend, and she was so nice too. He wagged his tail as they moved from that said safety ground, not feeling a pull or a need to go back, why should he? She was so nice. As she spoke he felt bad, and as such he felt the need to tell her…

They are not my real family… they adopted me, I don’t know where my old mommy and daddy are, they were making sure a coyote didn’t hurt me and I didn’t see them again, but they are family cause they love me… but there are lots, too many for me to count.

He wiggled his fingers trying to get the idea of how many were in his pack but he knew there were so many, and much of them he hadn’t even met. Many were pups his age younger or older but still around his age. He perked a little as she asked him of adventuring.

Yes, I love going out but my mom doesn’t like it, she says that I’m too young, but I was able to catch my first meal ever, so I can take care of myself!

He said a pup ever so proud of himself for killing a rabbit. He felt her arm hit him and he looked up, it seemed to have been an accident so he shrugged it off, her comment made it even more ok that she did it and he smiled, and her offer of a reward for some food would not be taken lightly.

I can catch something, or I can try!

He hurried away to take his clothes off and change, which took a bit longer than Nuki had hoped, and the color blind pup was off, not sure where to look or what to look for at the moment. He went with what he had… his gut feeling and soon found a squirrel, he knew how skittish they were but he was able to catch this one by surprise as it was digging in the snow looking for something, he pounced on it, grabbed it in the back and shook until the thing went limp, and proudly trotted back to Nuki, well he had such dumb luck it was almost too funny, he thought as he dropped the dead… or even stunned Squirrel at Nuki’s feet.

<style type="text/css">
.denalimountain b {font-weight:bold; color:#BAAEF3; letter-spacing:.0px; }
.denalimountain-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:arial, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; }
.denalimountain p {text-indent:5px; padding:5px 8px; margin:0px;}
.denalimountain {margin:0 auto; width:406px; background-color:#050D15; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... untain.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #F9CEE1; padding: 210px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:13px; color:#2B5CB8; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Erin

[/html]
[html]

OOC I popped a mature warning up at the first post since we decided to do this. ^_^ wc 936

“That's a good boy,” she said satisfactorily. He was so willing and had such a deep innate desire to please that it was an amazing sight. She knew she would feed off this boy but if he proved to be useful like this all the time perhaps she would soon be leeching off of him in a different way than she suspected. And in a way that would be much, much more useful in the long run. After all, a drone to do your dirty work in a new land could free up a lot of time for more important tasks. Still, before she hatched any lengthy devious plans, she needed to ensure that she would have one hundred percent trust from the boy. So this was but a step in the beginning of her dark machinations.

Her ears flicked back as he admitted to her that the pack was only his adopted family. A brow arched. So, if this boy was adopted he may not be as dearly cherished as someone of their own blood. Sure, people could gain their attachments to the little orphans but in the end it was no skin off their back when they were gone. If she tried to lure him away from Crimson Dreams again it may prove simpler than if he had been one of their blood. She made a tsking sound and shook her head solemnly, looking at Denali for a moment as though he were a thing to be pitied. “Poor boy, it must be hard not living with a real family. But it looks like they play it up enough to make you happy, eh?” Seed planted. Now to let it sprout. Ah! Mothers! What do they know? Think they know the world, that's what, but really they're just trying to ruin the fun. Most adults are jealous of the young. It is sad, when they should be playing next to them they instead resent them and try to spoil their youth as quickly as they can. 'No fun' is the basic rule in any adult household. Of course, they try to hide it under other rules, but that's what it really boils down to. Eh, son?” She caught the look on his face and examined it, wondering if she had bored him yet or if he followed. Well, the seed was fertilized, best not to over water it. Subject change.

“Oh, just what I love to hear!” She cried and clapped him on the back with praise. “You go do your hunting, and I will be right here with your prize when you return.” She watched the boy go. He never did quite leave eye shot, but once he was far enough out she let her heaviest pack and bundle slip from her shoulders and placed them onto the ground. They were far enough from the borders now that she could lighten her load for a little bit. She found a place in the grass to sit and untied one of her more fortified leather pouches from her shoulder belt and began sifting through the hidden contents.

Her ears twitched as Denali came back, hearing his footsteps tromp through the grass. She looked up at the boy and rewarded him with a wide smile. “So you caught something? Give it here and lets have a look.” She reached out and snatched the squirrel from the boy's hand. It was a snack, really, and looked like nothing more than a woodsy version of the vermin that crawled around on the streets and in the walls of End-World. She could not hold back a slight sneer. “Meager pickin's,” she criticized. The animal twitched in her hand. “But it'll get my belly started. I guess it's not a bad catch.” She wanted the boy to catch her something a little more substantial. Perhaps she could convince him to go back out.

“Well you still did me honest, so you may have your reward,” the squirrel twitched in her hand again, it seemed that it was starting to come to. She merely tightened her grip around the creature for it was far too dazed to struggle.

A hand slipped into the pouch she had set in her lap and when her palm returned she held out a small handful of leaves. “Here you go,” her voice was enticing. “Herbs. You take them and put them in your mouth, but don't chew them up and swallow them or you'll waste them. You leave them between your teeth and your cheek and kind of nibble at them. See?” She popped one into her mouth and made a demonstration on how to suck on the leaf. “You'll be feeling great in no time, and you can leave them there for a long time. A special... healing... herb that I brought with me. It makes you strong and have the energy of the gods. I have seeds. If you don't have these plants here then I will grow them and share them with the people here. It's really fantastic, you will see.”

She flashed a Cheshire-grin and held her palm out to Denali. There were enough leaves for one dose.

The rodent jerked in her hand again, coming alive. She squeezed it tighter in her fist and the eyes bulged. “Come on now, boy, hurry up so I can work on this little bastard. I can give you a trophy from him, too, if you like. Though I'm not sure he's going to be enough to fill my belly.”

<style>
.nuki-q30 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.nuki-q30 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.nuki-q30 b {color:#FADBC2; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.nuki-q30 {background-color:#704625; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/_nuki2.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#211409; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 274px 0px; }
.nuki-q30-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
[html]

+3 OOC: Twitch!

He was liking her praise more and more, and though he was an adolescent he still acted as a puppy should, and he soaked in what he could. His tail wagged as she spoke the words. And soon she seemed to feel so sorry for him, but he didn’t want that. He hated it when people felt sorry for him.

It was hard, but not anymore, my mommy and daddy love me. They have been taken care of me.

He said, then listened to what she said, and in truth she was absolutely correct. They did want to take the fun out of it and he gave a pouty face, at least she knew the meaning of fun, she seemed to like it at least.

Yeah she doesn’t always let me have fun, but you like to have fun I know you do!

Though his hunting skills were so new he did want to prove himself and when he brought back the squirrel he felt a ting of guilt… she did not like it… it was too small. He felt himself on the verge of tears, but she said that he had done what he went to do and started explaining the leaves she had. He could see that the squirrel had not died, it was twitching but she didn’t seem to pay attention, he was sure to catch it if it got out of her grasp. So herbs… that he could chew on? Nibble? And it would make him feel good? He’d heard a few things about healing leaves and though he wasn’t sick, he was curious. It made him slightly apprehensive though… he’d been told not to take anything unless he was sick… but then she told him what it did. It would make him strong and give him more energy. Well one could never be with too much energy, he took the leaves tenderly with his teeth and used his tongue to menuver them to his cheek and did as she demonstrated. The taste was strange, but wasn’t all medicine? He concluded that he liked it very much.

<style type="text/css">
.denalimountain-ooc { font-style:italic; padding:15px; font-family:arial, sans-serif; font-size:11px; text-align:center; }
.denalimountain {margin:0 auto; width:406px; background-color:#050D15; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v515/ ... untain.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #F9CEE1; padding: 210px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: arial, sans-serif; font-size:13px; color:#2B5CB8; line-height:15px; letter-spacing:.0px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Erin

[/html]
[html]

OOC Would you like to go ahead and end this thread here since we're moving on to the next now? wc 693

She watched as the truth in her words sank in to the boy's mind and showed clear as day on his pouting face. Nuki returned the look with a slow, solemn nod to accentuate her point and his sudden clarity.

“Well, you are lucky though,” her voice was careful, sly and persuasive. Again she was planting a seed and letting it blossom. “Most children's parents resent them. Once the pups come along... whoops! There goes all the fun! I mean, after you have children you have to spend all your time cleaning up after them, and feeding them, and waiting on them paw and tail. It's almost a wonder anybody even does it at all. But a good child like you, I'm sure, is no extra burden on them.” She patted his shoulder and let silence reign for a moment.

A half sincere smile quirked on her face after that, stemmed from the next thing the almond shaded boy said. She pretended to be flattered, moving her hand to her chest and playing the surprised, complimented passerby. “I do know how to have fun, as a matter of fact. I'm having fun right now,” she winked and drew her lip back, exposing a bit of the coca leaf she popped into her mouth earlier, one of the very same that she had just handed to Denali and explained how to use. “And speaking of... If your parents are as typical as they sound... You might not want to tell them about that. Oh, don't get me wrong. It is a good thing, indeed. But not all parents understand. After all, they are jealous that pups get to have all the fun and might want to take it away from you. Maybe, though... later on... I might just have enough for you to share with your whole family. Would you like that? Then everyone could have fun together. Ah, but don't tell them for a little while, just to be sure. It's your choice... but I know you'll make the right one. I can already tell that you are a bright boy.

Oh, there I go again slipping up. I'm not one who is very skilled with words. I meant – a bright young man.”

She watched with a predatory grin as the boy, while she was speaking, popped the leaves into his mouth and did just as she told him. “There now... Everything will be better than you could ever imagine in just a few short minutes. You know,” she glanced to the squirrel in her claws. “I think this is actually quite a fine meal.” After all, she did not want the boy to become too suspicious of her, and disapproving of his hard work was very much something a parent would do... and hadn't she just spent some time trying to plant a seed and sway the boy away from his family? Of course, turning the boy completely from his family would take a very, very long time. But it was work she could do, she was confident. However, she was not fully certain of what use she had for the boy other than sport. Nuki knew, though, that establishing alliances... or even warped, brainwashed followers... early on in the game was imperative to survival.

“Now you just find something to do with yourself,” she said while still looking down at the squirrel. One hand slipped to her belt and she unsheathed a knife whittled from some sort of rib bone. With one quick motion she stabbed the knife into the squirrel's chest and pinned the dead thing to the ground. Her eyes glanced back up to Denali, “And I'll skin this squirrel as another little reward for you before I eat it. Would you like that, Denali?”

That charming grin slithered onto her visage again as she began to cut down the creature's belly. At least it was good and dead now. She turned away from Denali as though she expected him to say nothing more while she peeled the skin back from the animal, but the devil's grin never faded.

<style>
</style>[/html]
[html]

+3 OOC: ok, well I am sure you got the pm for the other thread then!! I will have this archived Big Grin

As she spoke Denali listened, and the seed seemed to be sprouting now, she was right… maybe it was best if he planned on leaving soon. These weren’t his real parents… or family, and he remembered Jazper and his annoyed face… though recently he had been nicer, but maybe that was all just one big act, to make him feel liked. His cog was ticking, but he said nothing. He only spoke after she told him about the plant and them not liking that he had some and they didn’t.

I won’t I promise.

He said and he kept his promise, in fact he didn’t see any reason why anyone really needed to know.. maybe if he saw Artemis… she was his best friend, he could tell her anything and she wouldn’t get angry. That was if he saw her. he beamed with pride as she called him a young man, he sat straighter now. The leaf tasted strange to his taste buds, he was so use to meat the texture and all was odd, but as it was not tucked away in the side of his mouth he barely noticed it. He watched her as she pulled her knife out and stabbed the squirell, but he didn’t care, it was food anyway… and as she told him she would keep his skin Denali wagged his tail, ok so he would go play, and then he might come back and see her again soon enough! He first changed forms and slipped his clothes back on.

I will see you later! I hope so!

He said waving to her as he moved back into his pack lands, his excitement mounting with every minute. He had an adult for a really good friend now, that was the best thing ever! his tail wagged as he moved further into his home. Yes it was a great and fantastic day!

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Erin

[/html]