Say it ain't so
[html]

+3 OOC: O hai there!

Niro was camped outside the borders, though he hadn’t called and he’d been there for a few days, he was having doubts… they had not come to him the last time, so for now he had been sitting near the borders in the overgrowth Sunrise. He had built a fire and was eating some of his dried meat. Marahute had just left to hunt, leaving Niro to his lonely thoughts. He missed his little girls, and he was now missing Amaranth, he wished he could have both worlds together, that way he didn’t have to be away from either like this. Tomorrow he vowed to call at the borders for his children. He promised himself that. He had to wait until then at least… the sun was setting so that was something to say about that. He was glad that this day had ended, oh how he wished he were over in his own territory, with his new bird, training him. The new addition was something spectacular, at least that’s what Niro thought. A bald eagle, who was just about the same size as Marahute was, though Niro knew that she still had some time to grow into a real eagle. What were the odds. He was sitting there daydreaming about how life would be once he got back… but it was also colliding with him seeing his daughters, what he would do when he saw them. Last time he had brought the little leather dolls that he’d made, but they had not shown up, this time he brought them back in hopes that he would get to see them to give the dolls to them. That would be a matter for tomorrow. He thought as he chewed on his dried meat, happy that he had that much at least. He was still unsure aobut hunting, after the accident he’d become a bit too cautious when it came to prey animals.

<style>
.niro-q31 .ooc {font-style:italic; }
.niro-q31 p {padding:2px 20px; margin:0px; text-indent:35px;}
.niro-q31 b {color:#1F1C1A; letter-spacing:-.2px; }
.niro-q31 {background-color:#DBD4D0; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/niro.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#58514D; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 250px 0px; }
.niro-q31-border {width:454px; border:1px solid #FFFFFF; margin:0 auto;}
</style>[/html]
After landing and entering these lands he quickly began to roam. He left his sister behind, but she had her own plans and could take care of herself. They would meet again. He padded along on his two hing legs, standing up right. His frame was small and slender. He was a little shorter than average height. Being hybrid mix, his coat was a mix of a dark black, which almost had a purple hue to it and white (mainly on the chest area).

The only thing visible on him is a leather harness and shoulder pads. Attached to the harness was a leather sheeth with a small intricate dagger inside. The leather that crafted the harness and shoulder pads looked odd. Not many could tell the source of the material. Argul had crafted it himself and luckily was very proficient at the art. Even adding some swirly designs into the harness and the edges of the shoulder pads. The dagger was a gift from his sister. The handle was shaped like a bone, but less crude than that. It was shaped to fit his hand and was very polished and pristine looking. The blade, although unseen while in the harness had the same level of detail and skill put into it.

As he roamed this land, he spotted the unmistakable light of a camp fire. Slowly moving towards the fire, scoping it out but not being secretive either. He only saw one other there and kept in line walking towards them. He put on a somewhat happy but not overly happy face.

Once in ear shot of the camp, he hollered out "Hey there!" His voice was slightly raspy but mellow in tone. He was being more cautious than he let on though. One learns that from where he comes from. You can be friendly, but don't turn your back, or you will find a dagger in it. Having grown up there, he knew nothing else, that was normal living.

As he got a little closer he spoke out again "May I share the warmth of this lovely fire you have here?" One of his ears twitched involuntarily and his pace did not slow, as one would if waiting for a response.
[html]

OOC: Meep is short ; ;

He was alone to his thoughts for some time. Until he heard someone call Out. Niro jumped, and was on his feet in seconds. His hand was on his own crude knife for a second before he heard that the voice was friendly, so he dropped his hand, but stayed standing, it was only polite. He smiled as the man asked to share the warmth.

To warm up in a cold like this, I don’t mind. My name is Niro Takekuro.

He said, holding out his hand in the traditional way humans greeted one another. He knew not all wolves knew of this custom, but he was so use to it by now that it came naturally to him. If the man did not take it Niro would not be offended.

I have some dried meat too if you want? I’m afraid I don’t have any fresh, I haven’t gone hunting in a little while.

He said feeling like a bad host now, normally he would have all this stuff ready but with him trying to visit his puppies and get things thought through. It was hard on him working like this, but he had to do what he had to do.

<style>
.niro-q31 {background-color:#DBD4D0; background-image:url(http://sleepyglow.net/souls/gifts/2010dec/niro.png); background-position:bottom center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:2px solid #000000; font-family: georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#58514D; letter-spacing:.4px; word-spacing:.3px; line-height:16px; width:450px; text-align:justify; padding:10px 0px 250px 0px; }
</style>[/html]
He took note of Niro reflexively reaching for his knife. Though it was only reflexively Argul kept a close guard on. So far this land has not shown him anything different from where he came from. Though, logically, Argul has not socialized or traveled much of it. The logic did not click in his head and he saw the same mannerisms from his old home. In his eyes he saw Niro being defensive, grabbing for his knife and then remaining standing as if he had to watch his own back. Argul was experienced enough by now, you have to be to survive that long in World-End, and did not let any of this show. Rather, he kept his friendly demeanor on.

"I truly appreciate it, Niro. I am Argul Rakezael." He said his name with a slight twang of the voice, as if he did not want to give out the name right away. Being a suspect in murders usually led your name to be known in parts and most people mistrusted him. He doubted if the people here knew of these things. Close enough to see, his eyes were a rich royal shade of purple. They did not seem friendly like his voice or character has given off, but they did not seem mean or evil either. The closest thing one could thing of to describe the eyes would be wild. But he did not give off that characteristic either, as he seemed civilized and well-mannered.

He eyed Niro's hand for a moment. He knew of the tradition, though rarely practiced amongst strangers in World-End. He finally gave in after a moments though and extended his hand as well in a friendly shake with Niro. He made sure it did not last long though, after a few pumps of the arm he retreated his hand back to his side.

He smiled appreciatively and with that look of eagerness. He was indeed very hungry.

"I would gladly take some. I have not had a bite in quite awhile. I have just been roaming for the past couple of days." He flinched and thought he was stupid for giving out that information. He knew the conversation would likely lead into asking why he was roaming or where he came from and he did not want to divulge that information yet. So he quickly turned it back onto Niro before he could manage the questions - yet, anyhow.

"So, tell me. What brings you out here. I see no pack, no others around. If you don't mind me asking, as it may be personal, are you an outcast?" His friendly tone and mannerisms shone even more. He knew he had to play this if he was to get away without telling where he was from. He ensured that his voice made it sound like he would not judge Niro if he was indeed an outcast of some sort. He remained standing the entire time, waiting for either Niro to sit or to be offered to sit.
[html]

+3

Niro did note the hesitance on the man’s name but he was not going to ask why. That was for the man to tell if he so wished. As the man drew closer he could see that his eyes were the same shade as his mates’ the kind that showed little kindness, though Niro was able to let them show off a little love when he had her on a good day. He wasn’t worried about how long the hand shake would be.

Good then, have a seat?

Niro asked and was now sitting on his own legs, searching through the pouches on his belt, that held various things for his training, and finally found his dried meat, and took a few pieces out for the newcomer.

Ah I see, well it will be nice to sit then, wouldn’t it? I know a few people who enjoy the life of a loner themselves, but to have a good rest is always nice.

Niro said, thinking that’s exactly what Argul was. He wasn’t going to think otherwise… unless he told him.

There is a pack actually, just beyond those trees. I’m waiting for sunrise to see my children. And no I am no outcast, I belong to another pack, not too far from here.

He said pulling out his own meat and started chewing on it, wondering if this man had any of his own tales to tell, he wasn’t going to force anything out of him, but he was curious.

What brings your wandering feet around here then?

He asked pleasantly. He loved getting to know other wolves, and even though this wolf seemed so aloof, he’d seen more that were the same, and though he made friends with them easily, he knew he had to be careful of what he said.

<style>
</style>[/html]
Solemnly nodding a thanks as he was offered to sit down, and then promptly doing so. He relaxed quite a bit more, here. Knowing there was no one else around and Niro was sitting as well, he felt he could be a little less defensive and guarding. Reaching over and gladly accepting the dried meat. He did give it a quick sniff before he began to gnaw on it.

He let Niro ramble on with his statements and enjoyed the dried meat as much as possible. His eyes scanning over Niro subtly. He looks to the direction Niro speaks of when referring his pack. Obviously not seeing anything from here but trees. He still looked hard for a moment then turned his attention back.

Still with that nice and pleasant demeanor he finally talks, or rather responds, when Niro asks him what brought him here. But not quickly, Argul had to think up why. He had no real or main reason he was specifically in this place. He knew why he left World-End. What to say?

"You are correct my new found friend, I am indeed a loner." He said this with no regret but no showy display of pride being a loner. It was more like stating a plain and bland fact. "I decided to take flight from where I came." He quickly followed up with, "I am no outcast though. I came to the decision that the place was...well the way I prefer to describe it, is that the place was ill. There are many needed changes that will never occur and so I didn't to flee from there. I come in order to find a better place. I am sure ridden with it's own problems and territorial disputes and the such, but I ensure you this place is already better than there."

He made sure never to actually mention where 'there' was. He eyed Niro, subtly, once again. The middle of nowhere, really, alone. He could do it, he had to do it.

"Excuse me a moment. I do not mean to interrupt, but a minor calling - if you catch my drift." He got up and was about to head a little ways away from the camp fire. Just before he walked away though, "When I come back, maybe you can tell me more about why you are out here. About your pack and some of the lands around here?" His smile broadened and he walked to a spot out of sight.
[html]

ooc goodnesssss

Niro was sure this was how life was meant to be; Eating by a fire next to either a new friend like this one or old friend, enjoying a meal and staying warm. He listened as the man explained his situation and Niro nodded. He could say he knew entirely what the man meant as he came from a place that had no structure nor ever would.

I know what you mean. I have actually come here with my sister before we had come from a pretty ill place as well.

He said. A few moments silence and the man excused himself. Niro nodded and continued to think as he waited for his new friend to come back. His thoughts had went back to the time where he had to watch his back, and not knowing who had been friend and who was not. He never made friends after a while, relying on Orin as his only one, knowing she would never betray him. He thought about how things had been better before then… when he had his parents, and when they had finally found themselves in Florida, thick in much of the mess… they’d been attacked and him and his sister had not seen nor heard from their parents again.

<style type="text/css">
.nirogifty01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#bdae92; letter-spacing:1px; }
.nirogifty01-ooc {font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#9c978c; text-align:left;}
.nirogifty01 p {text-indent:0px; padding:5px 12px; margin:0px;}
.nirogifty01 {margin:0 auto; width:368px; background-color:#202522; background-image:url(http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v121/ ... 252221.png); background-position:top center; background-repeat:no-repeat; border:1px solid #bdae92; padding: 180px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: Georgia, serif; font-size:12px; color:#9c978c; letter-spacing:.3px; word-spacing:.8px; line-height:12px; text-align:justify;}
.nirogifty01-border1 {width:370px; border:1px solid #4d4849; margin:0 auto;}
.nirogifty01-line1 {width:344px; border-bottom:1px dotted #514c41; margin:0 auto 5px auto;}
</style>
Table by Alli

[/html]
Soon out of sight, he stooped down and watched for a minute. His deep purple eyes scanning Niro's body, mannerisms and surroundings. After studying this for a moment he looks around himself. In a quiet that would creep one out if watching, he picks up a rock. Holding it in his fist, fingers latching around. He examines his hold, satisfied he would not pinch his fingers and that the rock was suitable for his desire. He slowly stands, his eyes and face, if looked upon, seemed distant. His gaze barely shifted from Niro, when it did it was only to study the ground which he tread upon.

Curving around so that he was directly behind Niro he began to come in, slowly at first. Once he was within a shorter distance he began to run lightly, about the speed of an average jogger, but with light little hops. His vision tunneled, he observed no others at this moment. All attention focused on Niro. As he almost reached Niro, he lifted his arm, holding the rock. Then...

The lunge! making a great speedy lunge at Niro, he brings his arm down. If aimed and timed right, plus his assumption Niro would've heard the lunge, the rock should slam into the back of Niro's head. Dazing or knocking out Niro was the first goal. After that would be the fun. Argul felt the ecstasy of the moment. Pure adrenaline and the power. He would soon be in control of another's life. Oh the power one feels with that. Blinding twisting pleasure. And even more so, the moments just before that. The attack and struggle to pin the opponent...nay, not the opponent, the victim! This is their only moment to fight back, the only time he could lose the power. The gambling moment. After that is when they are weak and helpless. Begging for mercy.

His eyes wild, and distant. Lips curling in excitement. Jaw clenched, teeth gritting. His other hand goes in for a grab to keep the victim close. Full claw extension meaning to grab flesh at any cost. Although Argul is not that big of a wolf, the site would remind one of a wild feral beast attacking it's prey viciously.
[html]

WC: 245 OOC: bleh my bad for not replying right away ; ;

◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦

Niro should have been glad that his skittishness had not left him with Florida, no, he knew wolves to be friendly, but to be in unclaimed territory in the middle of no where with no one… he was all ears, and though he didn’t think that Argul would attack him, he was still cautious. His ears would swivel back and forth listening for when the man was finished with his business to come back.. no it wasn’t that… something was coming though.

Niro moved at the last second as he could feel the presense of someone behind him, and the man and rock hit nothing but the dirt Niro was sitting on. All of Niro’s defenses went up and his teeth were bared. He was angry… no beyond angry… he’d just shared his food with this man… and he wanted to kill him? A growl came from Niro’s throat. His hands were ready to tear the man apart if he came at him. He was ready for anything Argul had for him, though why he waited and didn’t run was beyond him. Maybe he didn’t like being taken advantage of. If the man wanted more he could have just asked, but no… let’s bash his brains’ full of rock. Niro’s eyes narrowed at the thought. He had to keep telling himself ‘I will not attack’ though it was really hard to think about. He wanted to toss the man’s heart into the fire right now.

<style type="text/css">
.birdclash-a01 b {font-weight:bold; color:#142629; letter-spacing:1px; }
.birdclash-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.birdclash-a01 p {text-indent:25px; padding:5px 10px; margin:0px;}
.birdclash-a01 {margin:0 auto; width:431px; background-color:#4e6792; background-image:url(http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/7563/souls46.png); background-position:top center;
background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #000000; padding: 310px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: cambria, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#eaeaea; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Ever
[/html]
Eyes narrowed as he saw Niro move last minute. Amazed at the speed, to dodge both hands, but kicking himself. He should've observed harder. He did not notice or perceive that his victim, or victim to be, was a keen observer, skittish or any other trait that could give him such an edge over a surprise attack. A mistake he did not like. Although he likes to hunt, and has also done this before, he did not like the confrontation. He wanted to dominate from the start.

But this was not his first time playing ball, so to speak. He was aware he needed to re-act fast. If not, two things could happen. One, Niro would counter attack. The thought of that worried him. His mind would trick him into thinking Niro was capable of doing the same things to him as Argul has done to his own victims. Or Niro could take off in a full run and lose Argul easy enough. He didn't like either option.

He had to drop the rock. As he landed, he went to all fours to keep from being completely vulnerable and to buy a little space between them. Doing so made him jam his finger between the rock and the ground. His other hand grasped into the earth just fine. His muscles clenching as he attempts the fastest turn he can, to face Niro again.

His eyes had to be the scariest feature facing Niro. Argul was not a large wolf. He was a smaller build, just under average. His muscles were small and stringy. But his eyes, they nearly told a tale on their own. The were like an eruption of madness and cruelty. And at this moment, they were totally focused upon his victim.

His lip curled up and a low snarl emitted from his throat. In mid snarl he makes his second lunge. Both hands and claws menacingly in front. This lunge had no kill blows in it. It was aimed at grabbing Niro and keeping him in close so a blow that would incapacitate Niro could be preformed. As well as some defensive measure, if he was in close, Niro would not be able to throw any good punches or kicks. Argul had no desire to kill yet, but he would if he thought he was in a losing battle.
[html]

WC: 159 OOC: Sorry I didn’t see this pop up ; ; anyways niro is trying to roll the man over, so he’s falling back and trying to roll him away from his body *hopefully this does not confuse you if so I’ll find a demonstration!*

◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦ ◦

Adrenalin pumped through Niro’s veins as he watched the man land. He was not use to such an attack in a nice quiet place such as this. Why would there be one now with someone who seemed so sane? How could Niro have let his guard down this much? He was ready for the man as he took his second lunge, grabbing for Niro. Niro did let the man come at him, let him touch him, but Niro fell on his back on purpose and let his leg kick at whatever he could find. As he moved his leg he heard a familiar sound coming to him. Marahute had come back from her hunt. This put Niro in a panic, what happened if the wolf hurt Marahute? This was all so quick and yet felt so slow, whatever determine where his kick landed on the man as he rolled to his back would set the next course of actions.

<style type="text/css">
.birdclash-a01 .ooc { font-style:italic; padding:0px; font-family:verdana, sans-serif; font-size:11px;}
.birdclash-a01 {margin:0 auto; width:431px; background-color:#4e6792; background-image:url(http://img33.imageshack.us/img33/7563/souls46.png); background-position:top center;
background-repeat:no-repeat; border:3px double #000000; padding: 310px 0px 10px 0px; font-family: cambria, sans-serif; font-size:12px; color:#eaeaea; line-height:16px; letter-spacing:.5px; text-align:justify;}
</style>
Table by Ever
[/html]
Figuring he may have bit off more than he can chew. He highly misjudged this person. Maybe they were some type of fighter or brawler and he didn’t recognize it. At this point though, he figured it was too late to stop and tried to continue. He wasn’t shocked that he fell back with Niro. But as Niro’s kick connected it made Argul’s muscle tense and tighten. The kick connected with the side of his abdomen and partly in the hip. The pain created a tension that made his hands tighten and involuntarily keep a hold as he fell to the side.

Twisting one of his arms back, his grip still in Niro’s flesh had to tear a bit. Though not purposely, it was fine with Argul, he began to scramble to his feet with lightning speed. He lost his element of surprise and now just had to act as quickly as possible. His next move was to go for the throat; a kill blow. He hated doing that so early but he was running out of options and seemed he could be out-matched here.

That’s when he stopped. He heard the sound. He was nearly up to his knees and read for the throat lunge when he felt it, claws into his upper back, and the sharp pain of talons tearing through flesh with a purpose. After the initial shock of what has happened, he cursed him. In his blood raged tunnel vision to get Niro he forgot that he had a pet there.

Now he planned on a two step attack and flee method here. He doubted they would all fully connect but was sure of his escape. It had to work, if he was to live another day. As another tear from the talons arched threw his back, he quickly rose. As he rose he flung his arm around to smack the bird away. Also with one foot he managed to kick up some dirt and also attempted to connect that foot with a quick kick to Niro. This kick was not powerful or meant to even cause any real pain. Its purpose was to keep Niro on the defensive so he could flee.

If successfully he would then take off into the woods, and keep running for as long as he could hold. Even if it meant getting lost.
[html]

WC: 340 OOC: The end…. Or is it? Tongue

Pain shot through him as the man held on when Niro kicked him from him. He felt some of his fur ripping out of his body. He did not have time to think about that though. As experienced as Niro was, he had never found an opponent as smart as this one, who actually held on, so he was smarting as the man suddenly went for Niro’s throat, and there was nothing Niro could do about it. He was going to fight it however he could, but what saved him, was his bird. Marahute started attacking the man, grabbing at him with her talons and beak, making it hard for him to get enough time to hit her at all, though Niro could see the man was surprised he seemed to go after the bird, Niro was in the process of getting up, as the man went for the bird when he felt the kick from the man, though it was a light one, the momentum Niro had mixed into the equsion, and Argul had hit Niro in a rather tender area and Niro doubled over, though Marahute kept on with her attacks. He was thankful he had her, or he would not be alived now. This beast would be victorious and he would be dead. Once Niro was to the ground he heard the man scrambling away, Marahute went to fly after him but Niro called her back, in which she obeyed, Niro was doubled over, but his guard was still up. He heard nothing as the man seemed to know he was out matched. Niro gave out a sight and hoped to never have an encounter like that again. He would move his campground, it was not safe here, and he was not stupid to welcome death when he tried so hard to keep it at bay. Gathering his things and throwing snow and sand on the fire, he moved along. Through the darkness, keeping his eyes out for anyone who might want to do him harm again.

<style type="text/css">
</style>
Table by Ever
[/html]